Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Mafia on Holy Orders
, a 19-player Large Theme, is coming up in a little less than a week.
One of its features is the Holy Orders mechanic, which I trust you will learn about as the game progresses. :D ;)

I presently have 9 pre-/in slots remaining. Remember: Good player lists come from beating the other players to joining. :P
Players must have
two completed games
' worth of experience and enough of a clean record that I don't immediately hate them or something.
Prods are still done by request only after 72-hour absences and the deadlines are still battery-powered.
Action resolution is modified Deep South - most actions resolve in an Instant Night; some resolve immediately.

If you want to pre-/in, please PM me!
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Vi »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:/in for super hero
You want this thread.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Vi »

--Mafia of the Chosen Ones--

Thirteen years after the incident described as "Mafia on Holy Orders", the Alnara region was razed by an evil cult of money and power, backed by the influence and foreknowledge of the Fallen Prince.

On the western side of Alnara, an arena was constructed. Not content with merely murdering innocents, those who looked talented, clever, or strong were taken prisoner and brought to the arena as a spectacle. Each week, the arena hosted a brutal challenge - lethal mazes, mismatched pitfights, or simply torture - within which the captives were forced to fight to survive another week until they simply perished. Hope was only possible for those who were strong enough to survive a month in those arbitrary conditions.

This week's challenge? A game of Mafia... A mob of Righteous strangers - untrained civilians, united only by their refusal to swear allegiance to the forces of darkness - was herded into the arena. They were culled from all over the region, with no other ties to each other. A few of them were planted, of course... Demons of the same kind that opened the gates for this new world order thirteen years ago. The mob was ordered to find and kill the Demons among them until none remained - or be preyed upon until none remained. Of course, the Demons could secretly signal a hidden sniper to open fire on a particular civilian during the chaos of the lynch... It was all planned to be as protracted and brutal as possible.

From somewhere above, a Fallen Seraph gleefully watched as the crowd of humans was led into the arena, eagerly anticipating the senseless bloodshed to follow. At least, until another figure showed up. A Loyal Seraph apparated above the arena as well. Understandably concerned that this was hardly a fair fight for the civilians, the Loyal Seraph planned on evening the odds... and the Fallen Seraph took that as a challenge.

A desperate fight for survival on earth, silently manipulated by a unseen duel in the sky... A large crowd of rich onlookers filled the arena, eager to be entertained. If nothing else, let what could be your last week on earth be thrilling and worth the living!

*This game is for 25 players. There are 13 pre-/in slots, and as of right now just 1 of them is taken.
*Applicants need to have
two completed games
behind them and enough of a clean record that I don't hate them.
*This game will run in the early part of next January.
*The Holy Orders mechanic is now public and better than ever!
Rules (excerpt) wrote:
--
Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:

Instant Night.
There is no Night phase. The default action resolution time is immediately at deadline or lynch time. Actions submitted by players who die during the Day (i.e. by lynching) will not be counted.
Battery-Powered Deadlines.
With each vote count I will tell you what percentage of the Day remains. That percentage will decrease according to a number of factors, the most important one being genuine activity. When the percentage reaches 0%, the deadline falls and the Day ends.
QuickTopic Repost Policy.
Publicly posting QuickTopics that you are given for this game is grounds for modkill. Don't do it.
Revised Holy Orders.
You know the following mechanics are in the game.
*Pregame and before any Role PMs are sent out, each player must vote for two players to become Seraphs. In the interest of protecting game integrity, the mod may instill some election fraud into the process.
*Each Seraph may choose one other player (other than the other Seraph, silly) to partner with them in sort of a hydra relationship. Aside from being more fun this way, this also makes Seraph V/LA much less of an issue.
*One Seraph will represent the Demons, the other Seraph will represent the Righteous. You will not know which one represents whom, though - that will be decided after the elections.
*Neither Seraph may speak or vote inthread.
*Each Seraph will wield modlike power over the setup, capable of granting power roles, altering the mechanics, and so forth. This power is tempered by the cost they must pay to use each of these abilities, measured in Faith.
*Most Holy Orders can only be used once.
*Some Holy Orders will cost more or cost less based on when they are used.
*Each real-time day both Seraphs' Faith will increase by 10%, rounded down. If this is increase would be 0, that Seraph's Faith will increase by 1 as something of a pity gesture.
*Each time a lynch is achieved (someone must be lynched; No Lynch doesn't qualify) both Seraphs will receive a boost in Faith proportional to the remaining battery power.
*If a Seraph dies somehow, there will be an extreme penalty for that Seraph's faction.
Basically, read the Role PMs from Mafia on Holy Orders. Expect that sort of thing again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Vi »

Zodiark13 wrote:
Greeting. My name is Juiz, the host and concierge for the Eden of the East Mafia, soon reaching the top of the Mini
Normal
queue.
Pika pi?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #107 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Vi »

Mafia MetaMafia

Cue mood music.

In the beginning, there was mith. ...Well, that's not exactly true, there were a bunch of gods like mith. But he was the one who created our world. After him, generations of scummers were born on our site. Some became angels as they died, ascending to the many levels of heaven and into our mythos. Others were bent on corrupting mith's world and were thus cast out, left as devils to try to destroy the site from places unseen. But many were invoked by those who came afterward in hopes of inheriting their power and wisdom...

It is these descendants, fueled by scummers past, who now wish to claim dominion over the site as they know it. While most of the time this is done with a shouting contest and ritual ostracization, this time a few people - no, less than people, but
T
I
G
E
R
S
- are finally willing to take over the site by force. They MUST be eliminated, or there will no longer be a site to vie to control.

mafiascum.net is on the verge of war.
The stakes... COULD be higher, but only to people who aren't addicted to the site.
There is no turning back, for this should be very interesting to watch if nothing else.

Signing Up:

*There are 23 player slots (that you know of).
*Because this game is about scummers (i.e. it's unique to mafiascum.net),
I simply cannot accept players who have not been on this site since at least Jan 01 2011 regardless of offsite experience.
I may make exceptions for people who can prove that they have lurked for months and know who important people are.
*I also require IC status - that means five games completed and nobody will loudly complain if you join the game. If you meet the five-months requirement, you probably meet this.
*I also require you to not be hated by me. If I hate you, you probably already know it.

Flavor:
(because I'm sure at least one person is concerned)
*This game is rated H for 62 Hamsters. That means that I have exercised my prerogative to be candid in my depictions of past and present scummers and will continue to do so.
*However, all flavor is done in good faith. Nothing about this game is intended to libel or defame the people and personalities depicted. This game has been passed through an small army of upstanding moderators and mafiascum citizens, none of whom complained.
*I nonetheless take responsibility for any issues people may have and will address them postgame.
*Seriously, this game won a "what should I run next" poll. You asked for this.

Setup:

*I am the moderator of this game. That should answer most of your questions about how complex this game could get (and replace those questions with worries).
*This setup uses a modified version of the mechanics for SpyreX's POWERFUL WIZARD 2, which is still in the latter stages of design. But that uses a modified version of the mechanics from POWERFUL WIZARD MAFIA. This is a snip from the rules.
--Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:
Battery-Powered Deadlines.
With each vote count I will tell you what percentage of the Day remains. That percentage will decrease according to a number of factors, the most important one being genuine activity. When the percentage reaches 0%, the deadline falls and the Day ends. The average deadline is 9 days per game Day.
Alignment (not Allegiance).
Each role comes marked as one of the nine D&D alignments (Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic x Good, Neutral, Evil). This probably has some ingame significance.
Defining Traits.
Each role is aligned with at least one Domain. These Domains are described in the next post. Domains will be removed from the game if no living roles are aligned with them.
POWERFUL WIZARDRY.
At Night, players may elect to use any power roles they may have, OR they may choose to Worship a Domain, OR they may wait to Cast using the Faith they would get from having their Domains Worshipped. Power roles in this game are like normal power roles in any other game - if you have one, you would know. Players who choose to Cast should send in a "wish list" of Casts, of which I can mark you down as using the first one that is available to you that Night.

Here is an example of the mechanic using a Sample Role PM featuring someone who is not in this continuity.
~NAME~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Rinnosuke Morichka
DOMAINS:
Austerity
Balance

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Good
ALLEGIANCE:
Town

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Passive)
WHAT IS A MAN
- You will investigate as Mafia to allegiance investigations.
(Active)
Role Cop
- You will discern target player's Role.
(Worship)
Worship
- You will empower target Domain.
(Cast)
Cast
- You may use one of your Casts, provided you have enough Faith.

--Casts:
1)
Conference
- Target player will be Neighborized with you during the next Night.
2)
Vendor
- Target player will receive your choice of the following abilities: {Doctor, Tracker, Role Cop}
4)
Appraisal
- You will discern target player's list of Casts.
7)
Unleash MANLINESS
- You will become unlynchable for the next Day, NK-immune for the next Night, and have a daykill available during the next Day.

You win when it is no longer possible to prevent your faction from being the only one left in the game.

Confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
Each Night, this player has the option of doing exactly ONE of:
*using Role Cop on a player
*Worshipping the Domain of his choice
*Attempting to Cast a spell, although if none of the other players Worship
Austerity
or
Balance
, there will be nothing available TO Cast.
*I reserve the right to flavor up the Role PMs between now and when this game is run. The Sample Role PM will change accordingly if that happens.
*As mentioned above, Days will last an indeterminate amount of time (aiming around 9 days). As I will try my best to provide flavor for this game and there is a bit of background work to be done, Nights will last 3 days each but might take a little longer.

Etc.

*This game, due to my own time constraints and due to the Large Theme mod queue, will probably not run for a couple of weeks yet.
*These players have, at the time I'm
posting
editing, already gone pre-/in. There are no more pre-/in slots available.
**Faraday
**Gammagooey
**hitogoroshi
**Equinox
**Plum
**RayFrost
**Parama
**Sotty7
**ooba
**Debonair Danny DiPietro
**VP Baltar
**MagnaofIllusion
Last edited by Vi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #165 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Vi »

Mafia Invictus

The Lamborghini Mafia was a surprisingly kind master to the remote town of Selah. Only the Mafia's resources could overcome Selah's geographic austerity to provide them with water, electricity, and the basics they would need to eventually become a modern city. Nobody was ever going to turn Selah into a megalopolis, and everyone knew it - that was what the residents wanted anyway, and the Godfather didn't seem to mind the seemingly profitless venture. For years, Selah was just as it was before, but with running water and ceiling fans. The residents' lives were much easier, but didn't change.

The Godfather was aging, however, and in due time a new one stepped up to replace him. Ambitious, indiscreet, and involved in the drug trade, he tried to use Selah as a hiding place for his drug stash. It worked, ignoring the sudden influx of armed and desperate individuals who knew where the drugs were and tore up everything and everyone in their way to get them.

Understandably, the locals weren't pleased. It only took a few years for even the older villagers to regret the grip the Mafia had on their city. And one day... they decided in true self-reliant form to take the matter into their own hands. They set fire to the warehouses that held the drug stash. Millions of dollars, literally up in smoke.

Back at the headquarters, paranoia began to set into the new Godfather's mind - he couldn't afford to lose face like this, and he now lacked so much of the capital he needed to run his machine, and he heard rumors that the Bugatti Mafia might start encroaching on that area now that it was known how lightly guarded it was - and the decision was made.

Selah was to be wiped off the map.

Cue mood music.

-----

Signing Up:

*There are 19 player slots.
*There is no experience requirement. However, I reserve the right to block anyone I don't care for from signing up.

Flavor:

*Flavor is the usual for this game. Don't worry, I'll put together a game with real flavor again sometime!

Setup:

*I am the moderator of this game. That should answer most of your questions about how complex this game could get (and replace those questions with worries).
*This game uses BaM-style deadlines. For those of you who are allergic to BaM games, don't worry - rather than replace/modkill on principle, I will replace/modkill on caprice.
*This game is what I call
Modular with a Slice of Tarhalindur
. What this means is that before the game begins, a list of abilities that may be in the game will be posted... and that there is at most one role in the game that will have abilities that aren't on the list.
A sample Role PM would look like this.

~NAME~

GAME:
Mafia Invictus
LINK:
Here
[SEE? I REMEMBERED IT]

ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
(P)
Invictus
- At the beginning of the game, choose a player. If you are killed at Night by a primary killing ability, you will kill the player you chose as you die. Kills made by
Invictus
are not considered primary kills. You may change your target for this ability at any time, and you are allowed to not kill anyone.

Active Abilities:
<none>

Win Condition:
(W)
Win Condition (Town)
- You win when no Win Condition held by any living player requires you to die, and there is at least one person who shares this Win Condition alive.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.

Etc.

*This game is (give or take) next-to-next in the Large Theme queue as of the time I'm posting this.
*There are 9 pre-/in slots, of which five are presently available... at least until people yell at me for forgetting their pre-/in. Please PM me.
**inHimshallibe
**Tarhalindur
**Zachrulez
**Baby Spice
Last edited by Vi on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Lost Butterfly wrote:

Playerbase: 11157

Choose your player wisely! Upick: Scummers edition will be coming to a large theme queue near you relatively shortly! Send in a mafiascum member and you'll get a role based on that person! Alignments
will
be randomised, pre-game but apart from that who you pick will have an impact on your role! Choose wisely!

This will be modded by Mina and Faraday. :D

At the moment it's for 16 players and 4 pre-in slots remain! PM to get your pre-in slot now!
This might be more evil than any incarnation of MetaMafia I could come up with.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Vi »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Vi wrote:
Lost Butterfly wrote:

Playerbase: 11157

Choose your player wisely! Upick: Scummers edition will be coming to a large theme queue near you relatively shortly! Send in a mafiascum member and you'll get a role based on that person! Alignments
will
be randomised, pre-game but apart from that who you pick will have an impact on your role! Choose wisely!

This will be modded by Mina and Faraday. :D

At the moment it's for 16 players and 4 pre-in slots remain! PM to get your pre-in slot now!
This might be more evil than any incarnation of MetaMafia I could come up with.
All I've got to say is I fear the roles that come from players such as myself, Tar, Vi, SpyreX, Flay and Mith the most.
I think I was some sort of Cop variant.

I have a confusion, though - who would end up your VTs (besides SpyreX, apparently)? Isn't that sort of insinuating that there's nothing interesting about the player? Or do we have people who are 'aggressively' vanilla - PJ maybe?
Solution 1: No VTs.
Solution 2: If they don't know who the player you picked was, you get VT.
Solution 3: "Cursed" players draw VT (i.e. whoever picks Kison).
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #198 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Amrun wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
Junpei wrote:I don't know if I'd apply or not but I'd like to wonder what qualifies as a strong completed game.
Generally, a completed game here is any non-marathon game that you've died in.
Not true. For a game to be complete, it has to be completely over.
That's stupid in terms of mod requirements on players though, if you die night 3 you've played your role to completion and it should count. It depends on the mod, but there's really no reason to refuse someone if you're looking for 2 game's experience and they've played well and died in 2 ongoing games.
What about the newbie who replaces into games on Day 3 and goofs up twice?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #206 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Voidedmafia wrote:Oh, okay. I was curious becasue I saw some of the theme ideas here, but didn't see some of the posters on Has's list.
Not all Themes are Minis.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #304 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Vi »

One woman is changing the face of history.

Shrouded in impossible rumors, she developed a cult of personality that surpassed even that of her king.

At her command, her fanatical devotees toppled her home country's regime.

There is now little question in Daein that she has the ability to predict and create victories, coups... even miracles.

Hundreds of thousands of her followers will now fight and die in her name as she makes her next move to conquer the largest army on the continent.

Her next opponent is
you

Mafia Behind the Maiden

Coming to a Large Theme queue near you no earlier than
April 15

This game is based on
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
. Knowledge of the source flavor may be helpful, but is not strictly required.
I probably
could
cram more plot spoilers into this game's flavor, but it would be a bit difficult.

This game will feature
players, and at this time
pre-/in slots are available.

Complexity would probably be rated between "I'm not entirely sure what's going on but I'll go with it" and "what did I just sign up for seriously".

Players are required to have
five
completed games of experience unless I say otherwise on an individual basis.

This game may, but not necessarily will, run more quickly than average.

Some further information can be found on these infographics:

1 2 3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #321 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Vi »

In post 320, Herodotus wrote:A famous scummer once said
Paraphrase from memory wrote:In mafia games, "hard" usually means "lol, mafia win".
:shifty:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #552 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Mafia of the Emblem

My next
Mini Theme
is going to be a
UPick
around the Fire Emblem universe!*
This time with fewer ominous blue numbers than the last Fire Emblem game!**
You can choose any character you want from any game in the series!***
If you're not familiar with the series, you can just give me some idea of what kind of character you want and I'll work from there!****

Pre-/ins are still available!*****
Join in and you'll be playing with the likes of:******
-Syryana
-Natirasha
-Tierce
-um... probably some people who got left behind when my computer bought the farm - please PM me :cry:

The possibilities are limitless!********
Spoiler: Sweet myrmidon
Spoiler: POWERFUL WIZARD
Spoiler: Crushing cavalry
Spoiler: Thug tank
Spoiler: FREAKING DRAGONS MAN
Spoiler: Boring-Ass Vanilla Cat

Hype hype hype join join join. Inquire with me for more hype and more join! :D

*I've never run a UPick before, so it's my new mechanic of the game.*********
**This statement is a forecast, not a condition of setup design. In the event that ominous blue numbers show up in vote counts, for the love of Yune
do something
this time.
***You will need to send in three characters in order of preference. At most one person will not get any of their picks. Stuff like Tear Ring Saga is out, because while I'm obsessive I'm not a hipster.
****And you will like it. Before saying "I'm not suggesting abilities, but I want whoever's most likely to be a Bulletproof Reviver Cop", don't forget the mod can be just as saucy as you.
*****As of publication time. The limit is six total.
******Well, if you don't have three games completed onsite or my okay, you sure won't be playing.
*******The possibilities are actually at the extent of canon. But it's a densely populated canon. I can probably find something you like.
********Due to this I may ditch the UPick idea and run an EwPick (in which you technically get what you asked for but your role is horribly lame), a GruPick (in which I make all of you neon yellow things that serve no purpose but fill a lot of screen time), a ViPick (where I disregard all of your input and do whatever I want), a DietMountainDüPick (in which roles can use three actions on Night 1 before falling into a sugar-induced coma), or possibly even a ShmuPick (in which I outsource the whole game creation idea to someone else).
Last edited by Vi on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Queue”