I would love to discuss food

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (isolation #0)  » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Well in some ways people may consider this to be one item, but if you really study the Gumbo, you'll find that they can all be quite different. The great thing about them is that, for the most part, what goes into them is whatever you have on hand. I like the link I'm posting for a few reasons. I'm part Acadian(Cajun) and Choctaw Indian on my Maternal Grandmother's side of the family and this makes some mention of the history of the dish. There are many recipes and I would take bits of what you like from each with what you have on hand and make your own unique version of a Southern favorite.

http://southernfood.about.com/cs/gumborecipes/a/gumbo.htm
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)

Ectomancer
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74  (isolation #1)  » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:33 am

If you are going to consume raw fish it wouldn't be snobbish to demand fresh raw fish at least...
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)

[ + ]

Return to General Discussion