The StarCraft II thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

if anyone has a guest pass, i would greatly appreciate a pm with some info =D

before i shell out 60 bucks for it =X

i never played the original.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:16 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

DTMaster wrote:Sure my guess passes would have gone to waste. I'll give you mine. I'm going to get my code asap

Edit: I sent the pass. Also.

DTMaster, 595
Thanks so much!!!

I'll get on it after i get back from the meet up!!!
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1741, Kinetic wrote:Any of our NC brothers at Raleigh this year?

I was at Raleigh. It was pretty sick.

Also, has anyone been following GSL season 4? it's probably got the sickest group of players yet.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1743, Kinetic wrote:Group C holy shit.

pretty excited for that one tonight. It's going to be absurd.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:12 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1749, Kinetic wrote:
In post 1748, redFF wrote:
In post 1747, Kinetic wrote:And before you say it, yes I know the players in Kespa are not to be blamed for the company itself being a dick, but all the same, my feelings aren't swayed by that argument right now.

It's not an argument though it's literally the truth.

also how about destiny's dick.

Meh, at the same time you don't hear the Kespa players speaking out against it. They don't want to rock their boat, and sure, I understand that. But that doesn't make them completely blameless here.

And can we not talk about some guys dick? Seriously, take it to F62, this is a starcraft thread, not a dick thread.

i guess you never saw the tweets then.... ಠ_ಠ
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:16 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Erm... several KeSPA players did speak out saying they wanted to play in GSL and didn't understand KeSPA's actions.

Didn't Bisu or Stork write a whole article on TL?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1764, xRECKONERx wrote:because no scummers play anymore

i still play frequently.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1769, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I took a series off a Masters player today 2-0.
soon

Nice, i just switched to zerg and am still only in plat. I still can beat some Diamond players. I mostly falter in my late game and what not.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:24 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1771, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I hate mirror matchups so much. Literally every TvT I play goes to 30+ minutes (mostly because of my preference for mech play) and the last one just went up to 63 minutes.

Damn, i hate ZvZ's too, it's such a coin flip some times, same as PvP. I wish i was decent as Terran. I'm probably at a high silver/low gold as terran, but i'd love to take more time and learn some good Terran builds.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1776, redFF wrote:I got an email from blizz saying my accounts email had been changed and there was nothing i could do about it.

That said I've been playing on my other account recently, first time in over a year. SupastaR.928

You can call Blizz support and get them to fix the problem for you. it's a lot easier than a support ticket. They often ask if you have they game key, which i did not when my account was frozen. I just gave them some of my information and got my account back.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1779, UberNinja wrote:Why do you have two accounts? did you buy two copies of SC2?

I have two accounts. My smurf account ended up being my main account however. I started by playing Protoss on my main, and then off racing as zerg on my other account. now i only play zerg on my smurf account.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1786, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
In post 1783, UltimaAvalon wrote:That doesnt really answer the question. why do you have two accounts? Why not just play Protoss and Zerg on the one account?

Because if you try to learn another race, it lowers your ladder MMR while you're fucking around getting the hang of build orders and keeping on top of injects or whatever. Having 2 accounts lets you keep your Protoss MMR and your Zerg MMR separate, which I presume was the point of having two accounts. I have a separate account to my main Terran for off-racing because I found a site selling keys for £20 instead of Blizzard Price (c)

^ pretty much what it is.

Sc2 was on sale for $30 one weekend so i picked up another copy. On top of that, i wanted it for my Korean exchange student. He had played Brood War, but never really played sc2. So i wanted to get him into sc2 and drop LoL. sadly, that did not happen.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1788, UberNinja wrote:I learned long ago that buying games for other people to get them off X game does not work. Buying games to try to get people to play games at all does not really work either.

The only time I would buy a game for someone in the future would be if I had money and if they requested that I buy it for them.

True. But it's not like i don't mind having another copy. I've actually thought about buying a third copy the next time it goes on sale. But then i'd have to buy 3 copies of HotS.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1796, Iecerint wrote:I didn't get into the original Starcraft until 2005, so WoL felt more manageable.

I can understand that. I started RTS games with Age of empires 1 and 2. I've tried Brood War after playing sc2, and it's so hard to get play that game after i've played RTS games that were newer, and easier for me to play at least. i don't know what i'm saying. i'm just rambling off.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1798, Knight of Cydonia wrote:My first RTS games were AoE2, Starcraft, and Shogun Total War. I love Brood War to pieces, but it is a game where unless you're at OSL/PL level, or near that, skill is defined as much by your ability to make up for the engine's shortcomings as anything else.

Seeing as the thread is seeing an uplift in posting, would anyone be interested in one last WoL tournament before HotS drops?

Very much so. I didn't realize you guys did tournaments, that's pretty freaking cool :P

edit: Actually, it shou'd be a mafia themed game, where two people are brought up to be lynched. and the have to do a Best of 3/5 to see who is actually lynched =D

No night kills, only town lynches :)
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1804, Knight of Cydonia wrote:Problem with BC's idea is that lower league players will get shit on by higher league players, so the town would end up picking a Masters champion (do we even have any Masters players?) and having him lynched every day to kill off the scum; or vice versa. In fact, a competent scum team would be nigh-impossible to lynch.

Yeah, i thought about that pretty soon after i posted. It could get really boring watching the same person stomp someone else as well.

Cool concept, but it would make for poor mafia scum games. Say some scum that was high league played like a jester and just won every single match.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:03 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1809, TheButtonmen wrote:I'd be down for a tournament, I haven't played a serious 1v1 in SC2 in about 8-9 months due to real life obligations so the playing field should probably be a lot more equalized. :P

Also for those who haven't seen it the latest EG announcement video was hilarious.

Hahaha yeah, that was really good.

At MLG raleigh, i was talking to a friend while watching an EG player near one of the computers, talking about Crank doing well in the tournament. And my friend is writing a tweet to sir scoots i think, saying some bullshit about how EG should pick up Crank or whatever. As i read the tweet aloud i say something along the lines of "well, we don't want to kill his career." while InControl was standing right next to my friend. I immediately i turned pale and left the venue.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:59 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1811, Kinetic wrote:To be fair, you really can't fault EG too much. They pick up players performing near the top of their field, some drop off might be expected. Yet, at the same time, EG makes its players celebrities more so than almost any team.

True. and to be fair, a player like Thorzain that was picked up after winning dreamhack wasn't really that successful. He won TSL3 almost a year before his dreamhack win. Before dreamhack he wasn't really doing very much.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1830, AGar wrote:
In post 1821, Kinetic wrote:
In post 1818, AGar wrote:I'm just saying, look at how quickly they've already swarmed that. It'll be a climb, but it's not going to be a long one, I don't think. We'll see how they fare in Code A, some of them are top-line players who should probably do fairly well (EffOrt, FlaSh, Jaedong should all make at least Up and Down matches).

But at the same time we've been seeing a lot of stagnation in Preliminaries and Code A. We still have Cella and TheWind nearly making it into Code A. The way I see it, I certainly expect Kespa players to break in, and maybe eventually make up 20-30% of all Code A/S caliber players within the next 2-3 months. But I don't see them breaking much further than that, or reaching the height of Code S, for a bit more time. Will they eventually completely overtake ESF? Maybe, that is yet to be seen, but I don't think anyone is going down without a fight. And I don't think the sky is falling quite as you're predicting it.

I'd be willing to bet cash that within 3 seasons, more than a third of Code S is players from KeSPA teams, and that they will take at least half of the top 16 slots in that season.

Oh for sure. they're work ethic is far superior to current GSL players.

Genius says that he plays at most 10 games a day to practice. And he wonders why he loses to Naniwa 2 seasons in a row.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:55 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

^^^

sc2>dota 2> LoL.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

The frustrating part about Dota 2 for me is that it's still a moba game. hahaha, i wasted a year on LoL and i never really improved after 1300 elo. So doing Dota 2 felt pretty much the same, it's better than LoL. Except there is no surrender option :(
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

This was the cake i got for my birthday. It was fucking delicious.

http://imgur.com/a/LPnXx#0
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

This was the cake i got for my birthday. It was fucking delicious.

http://imgur.com/a/LPnXx#0

Return to “The Arcade”