NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@ Furcolow English, but sometimes I get into a rush and make a lot of errors lol.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by hiphop »

Porochaz wrote:Hello. No opinion at all after 7 pages of pretty much content. Might not be major to you but you should be mentioning the minor things instead of giving yourself an excuse to hide in the shadows.
No opinion after 8 pages. As far as I care I just want a bw.
vote danakillsu

This is my 2nd large normal. Even though I was scum in the last one, day 1 is the same to me. As far as I am concerned the only thing useful day one after day 1 is the bws. Hitting scum day 1 in a large normal is luck, so let's just lynch someone and get it over with.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount 1.3

danakillsu [9] (Shanba, Prozac, Benmage, JDodge, WickedestJr, Frank, Wraith, Mysterio, hiphop)

Frank [1] (danakillsu)
hiphop [1] (Xite)
UltimaAvalon [1] (UA)
Bunnylover [1] (nhammen)
Benmage [1] (Reck)

Not Voting [10] (a2rudeboy, singersigner, seth, ConfidAnon, Flinter, Johnny Rotten, Orochi, Sebguer, Bunnylover, Kise)

24 alive, 13 to lynch, 12 to no lynch.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by nhammen »

danakillsu wrote:Well. nhamn's post does not seem at all patronizing or oversimplifying, does it? Not to mention the fact that he pretty much dismisses at least half of this thread as useless.
Half the thread
is
useless. There are some very good pieces of information, but it has been buried in so much noise. Kise's actions. Your actions. Wraiths quick jump and defensiveness over an RVS vote. Bunny's refusal to comment. Those are good pieces of information. But this arguing has produced not a darn thing. Can you name one good thing produced by all this arguing?
danakillsu wrote:The only question that I see to me is: Have you done this before as town? No. I have not. I have not done it as scum, either. As I've said before, I've enjoyed seeing others do crazy things in the RVS, and thought I'd try it myself, but it immediately started a wagon that has not decreased one bit since.
Well, you answered both my question and my follow up of "why did you decide to act different this time?" If you had done this before, my follow up would have been "have you seen a benefit from this in past games?"

Anyways, I'm not sure whether or not I buy it. The explanation is too simple. And not quite intelligent. Crazy for crazy's sake is
not
good RVS play. Still looks a bit scummy...

Aaaaaand, I am getting newb Town vibes from Bunny, now that he has been pressured to post enough.
UNVOTE: bunny
Bunnylover wrote:And if I wanted to hide why would I even answer Poro post if he is the only person out of 24 people who actually noticed that I posted. If I wanted to hide I could have ignored it and just let it die as everyone else try to dominate the topic.
And i don't know how to fake scum hunt. I really don't know what that mean to be honest :<.
Well, you are correct about the hiding bit. But my accusation was that you are new, and are Scum, and are trying to act like you are Town, but don't know how to pretend to scum hunt. So... I'm not sure what the significance is of not knowing what I meant. That definitely looks honest, even if the rest isn't.

Bunny, if everyone just said that they haven't seen anything yet, how would scum get caught? How do you intend to catch scum?
Furcolow wrote:@nhammen: Would you care to explain yourself on your acting like dana actually made a case on me previous to me making mine on him?
Ummm... what? Where did I do this? I'm pretty sure I stated that dana's OMGUS was awful. It wouldn't be an OMGUS if you hadn't attacked him first. In fact, now that I look back at my post, I see that I even quoted your attack first. WTF are you smoking furc?
Furcolow wrote:What do you hope to gain from this? Were you testing to see if I was actually reading? Would you like me to lump you in on a scum team with him, because that's what you're making me do. Explain why you purposefully did that, or explain why you didn't actually even read the topic past page 2.
And since the rest of your questions result from a flawed assumption... there's nothing more to do here. SO furc, how did you come to this strange conclusion?

And since my vote is currently sitting here useless:
VOTE: dana
again...

My best scumreads are dana and Wraith. Or Kise. Where did the attention on him go anyways? He just faded away as soon as dana popped up.

Also, dana is now at L-3
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Oh, ok
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Furcolow »

i don't feel it was flawed. you know what you said, you are being coy.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

a2rudeboy has requested replacement. Looking now.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Awesome, someone to talk to :)
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Xite91 »

First, Frank is also scum
Dana could just be really bad town, but depending on other flips could be scum too.
Wraith is scum.
Jdodge is possible scum.

Keep reading for the inside scoop!
JDodge wrote:
Xite wrote:But I can't shake the feeling that JDodge is distancing from dana, so
Do you have anything tangible, or just a feeling?
Distancing... that IS the tangible part of it. The way you're acting towards him seems like distancing to me. It's a common scum tactic D1.
That being said, I'm willing to wait to see more from Jdodge.
JDodge wrote:OK.

If you thought that dana thought we were still random voting, how does him voting Shanba mean anything whatsoever?

People who say "there's no way I'm changing my vote" scare the hell out of me. There is no reason at any point to not want to be flexible to whom we lynch on any given day.
And now you're defending Dana? To frank? Could be scum coaching, but for some reason I don't see scum slipping up that much at once, so I'll wait to see more from Jdodge

Ohai, look how that wagon grew.
OMG! HI FRANK WANNA ATTACK DANA MOAR?>???!
That's right, he is bussing so frickin bad that I feel he should just admit it at this point.
seriously, how did no one else catch that?
By the way, I call it bussing because the case sucks and he's attacking so violently so that later he can go look at me guys, I caught scum, that means I'm town.
In case people can't think for themselves

@Dana - It was the point of you being like "It was my plan all along!"
Furcolow wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Oh, no, I agree, we should def lynch Dana before those who might also be scum have a chance to post. Good call.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Show me where Dana said "I'm experienced, listen to me"
two spots. there you go dani.

You're voting me because I am pushing you AND your scumbuddy.
First, just want to point out that Frank's an idiot.
I would have said something similar to the first quote had I had the chance.
The second point was him trying to say that hyperbole is bad for this game.
So... then every time someone tells you that you're wrong and need to learn2play (and actually even try to show you how) you're going to call them scum and pair them with the rest of your "scumgroup"? Noted

Wraith wrote:Prozac, JDodge, and Furcolow make excellent cases against UA and dana especially. While I'm not totally sure about UA due to his playstyle, that last OMGUS vote sealed the deal for me against dana. However, I think we should prevent a hammer before we get enough discussion, and I'm putting it out there now that I will unvote to prevent L-1 if it comes too early for my tastes.
Vote: danakillsu

Mod, votecount please.

I'll also comment on hiphop's activity during the RVS, which I think was just a random wagon to garner reactions from anyone who jumped aboard. He can't have anything actually against me considering I've never played with him and this is my first post here.
Oh, by the way, Wraith is also scum.
There are so many textbook tells in just that post. Just sayin.
Porochaz wrote:
Wraith wrote:Prozac, JDodge, and Furcolow make excellent cases against UA and dana especially. While I'm not totally sure about UA due to his playstyle, that last OMGUS vote sealed the deal for me against dana. However, I think we should prevent a hammer before we get enough discussion, and I'm putting it out there now that I will unvote to prevent L-1 if it comes too early for my tastes.
Vote: danakillsu

Really bad voting fail.
QFT

Furcolow wrote:It's an obvious OMGUS. I'm sitting here attacking you. You say "i'm gonna scumhunt uz gaiz", you go away for like 2 minutes, then OMGUS me.

You had no fucking time to read everyone in iso or read the thread. You just tried to nitpick so it didn't look like that. Oh my god, you suck.

EBWOPreview:
@UA: I didn't expect myself to be willing to change my vote. That was before I read through. Imagine this scenario:

There are two wolves in the forest, who have been terrorizing our sheep. Would you rather kill the bigger wolf? I know I would. That is why I would change my vote to you, because you are much more dangerous as scum than Danakillsu, and I believe both of you are scum.
First, he has a HUGE wagon on him, so OMGUS doesn't so much count for him. Also, you were pushing a pretty bad case against him, I would vote you if I were him too.
Next, maybe he was keeping up with the game before that? Just maybe.
Last, leave the metaphors to the pros, kid. Also, I would kill em both.

Furcolow wrote:
Because it's not what I know, it's what I can convince everyone else
. What I know is my role. What I don't know is anyone else's roles. I hate to have to be teaching Mafia 101 to you, but I guess that's where we're at.

The town are not going to allow my lynching of UAscum. They, for some reason, do not as a collective suspect him yet. When you flip scum, though, they'll begin to see that I was right. Actually, maybe not, because UA will kill me in the night.

Point yourself out, then dana. You are obvscum, as is reflected by the votecount.
Everyone, quick follow my lead!
*Facepalm*
Now that that's over, bolded is an obvscumslip, Frank, maybe you should go take that class before you try to teach it
That second line is a steaming pile of AtE and should be treated as no more than that.
Votecount rarely has anything to do with it until a couple flips.

Furcolow wrote:I'm not saying every wagon is good, either. I'm simply saying one on you or one on UA would be good. You may quit responding to me, we have reached an impasse.
If you respond, I'm simply going to ignore it, as you shouldn't be in this game when sane townies come online
Teehee. This tickled me a bit inside.
Why have we not lynched this scum yet?
UltimaAvalon wrote:Or, you could just take 2 Alieve to stop pain all day
I lol'd

Wraith wrote:@dana: I voted for you because:

1. You voted UA because "something's not right with his self-vote" then suddenly backtrack when called out on it by saying "I was reaction fishing." BS excuse.
2. Xite made an excellent WoT pointing out all your AtE. You are flailing and despite believing your death is inevitable are making no attempt to help the town to your dying breath.
3. The OMGUS
The OMGUS was an obvious RV. Don't piggy back on my case, make your own. I don't remember when 1 happened.

danakillsu wrote:
Of course I was (at least kind of) joking. I had no real reason to say what I said seriously.
That's why I turned to my experience. After 10 games completed, I definitely know the basics of scumtells. And self-voting is not one of them. And yeah, I was pretty much lying in the first post (joking is more accurate). But calling everything in the second post BS is what Poro did, and what I thought you were doing.
Huh? You were kind of joking, which meant there was seriousness involved, but you had no reason to say what you said seriously?

danakillsu wrote:Yeah, I come from a very different background than most of you, I bet, so my posts would naturally stick out. That's what I've always thought, anyway. Trust me, though, I've been town in at least 5 games where the overwhelming majority of the other players were completely sure I was scum. Not that I expect that to really help me in this game. I wouldn't know about Furcolow, but I'm pretty sure he isn't usually posting this way (I have played one game with him in it).
Ooh, wanna hear about my background with no dad, growing up in the ghetto being raised on video games? Yeah, everyone has a different story, but that doesn't mean that that excuses you from being scummy. Just sayin.

Furcolow wrote:Well, I was just getting settled in. I should take the spotlight less, but if it benefits us as a town by nabbing two scum, I will keep doing it. If there is but 1 mislynch, I offer myself up to be lynched if you guys want.
Or we could just skip the mislynch and lynch you now?
Unvote, Vote Frank

Bunnylover wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:Too many people all attacking each other for some reason that probably shouldn't be attacking :<.
You all gave me a headache reading these pages <_<.
I haven't gotten any reads on who could be positive scummy, so my vote can wait.
Hello. No opinion at all after 7 pages of pretty much content. Might not be major to you but you should be mentioning the minor things instead of giving yourself an excuse to hide in the shadows.
Wasn't giving myself an excuse, I simply have nothing to add at this point, but when I do I will post, like now.
I have a different way of thinking which could mean that my thought process of this could be totally off, but it seems like you want me to vote for one of the several people that are gaining the attention (Dana, UA, JDodge, etc.) of most of the group, or you want me to find some minor detail that will allow others to exploit which could mean nothing at all. There is no point in me mention minor detail unless someone wants a specific person dead or will is trying to lead some down a wrong path and stray from mafia.
Like I said I have a different way of viewing things, which could mean my entire post is wrong.
Everyone views things differently, refer back to coming from different backgrounds.
Stop active lurking plox.
There is no excuse for doing so.

danakillsu wrote:Well. nhamn's post does not seem at all patronizing or oversimplifying, does it? Not to mention the fact that he pretty much dismisses at least half of this thread as useless.
You're right, it's more like 3/4 or something.

Wow bunny.... didn't I just read that exact same thing from you? Play or replace out.

Furcolow wrote:@nhammen: Would you care to explain yourself on your acting like dana actually made a case on me previous to me making mine on him? What do you hope to gain from this? Were you testing to see if I was actually reading? Would you like me to lump you in on a scum team with him, because that's what you're making me do. Explain why you purposefully did that, or explain why you didn't actually even read the topic past page 2.
:lol: Did I call it or what? Lemme guess, I'll be the next person that's scum, right frank?
hiphop wrote:
Porochaz wrote:Hello. No opinion at all after 7 pages of pretty much content. Might not be major to you but you should be mentioning the minor things instead of giving yourself an excuse to hide in the shadows.
No opinion after 8 pages. As far as I care I just want a bw.
vote danakillsu

This is my 2nd large normal. Even though I was scum in the last one, day 1 is the same to me. As far as I am concerned the only thing useful day one after day 1 is the bws. Hitting scum day 1 in a large normal is luck, so let's just lynch someone and get it over with.
Yes, but the wagon is only useful with the info that comes with it.

Okay, so my scum list

Frank
Wraith
Bunny

My not-so-sure but still suspicious of them being scum list

Dana
Jdodge
Hiphop

So, yeah
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by singersigner »

@Nhammen/Xite's WoT: QFT.

At this point, there's not a whole lot of new information/questions I can bring to the table, but I agree with hiphop (/Xite's response) about the bandwagons. With this many people, chances are a mislynch (unless obvscumslip) will occur, so the best way to extort more reactions is by finishing a bandwagon D1, and seeing where that leads us in the next day.

From what I can tell, Dana's case on Frank is weak, and if they're a scum-pair, it's only to distance himself later, saying, "no hey, look what I did. why would I vote for my scum-buddy??" Unless Dana can provide a better defense of himself, or a better case on someone else, I'm going to VOTE: danakillsu, putting him at L-2 by my votecount.

@Xite...I find myself inclined to agree with your case on Frank, but for now I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens.

And damn you people, you couldn't have spread your responses a little thinner while I was at band camp all day?? That was a lot to catch up on! lol.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by Xite91 »

singersigner wrote:@Nhammen/Xite's WoT: QFT.

At this point, there's not a whole lot of new information/questions I can bring to the table, but I agree with hiphop (/Xite's response) about the bandwagons. With this many people, chances are a mislynch (unless obvscumslip) will occur, so the best way to extort more reactions is by finishing a bandwagon D1, and seeing where that leads us in the next day.

From what I can tell, Dana's case on Frank is weak, and if they're a scum-pair, it's only to distance himself later, saying, "no hey, look what I did. why would I vote for my scum-buddy??" Unless Dana can provide a better defense of himself, or a better case on someone else, I'm going to VOTE: danakillsu, putting him at L-2 by my votecount.

@Xite...I find myself inclined to agree with your case on Frank, but for now I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens.

And damn you people, you couldn't have spread your responses a little thinner while I was at band camp all day?? That was a lot to catch up on! lol.

Oh, lemme add one more to that not so sure, but possibly scummy thing
singersigner

Are you going to bring in any new ideas of your own after being gone?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Xite, kid? you're fucking 19.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by Furcolow »

and if i'm your top suspect, we are obviously not reading the same game
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

Bunnylover wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:Too many people all attacking each other for some reason that probably shouldn't be attacking :<.
You all gave me a headache reading these pages <_<.
I haven't gotten any reads on who could be positive scummy, so my vote can wait.
Hello. No opinion at all after 7 pages of pretty much content. Might not be major to you but you should be mentioning the minor things instead of giving yourself an excuse to hide in the shadows.
Wasn't giving myself an excuse, I simply have nothing to add at this point, but when I do I will post, like now.
I have a different way of thinking which could mean that my thought process of this could be totally off, but it seems like you want me to vote for one of the several people that are gaining the attention (Dana, UA, JDodge, etc.) of most of the group, or you want me to find some minor detail that will allow others to exploit which could mean nothing at all. There is no point in me mention minor detail unless someone wants a specific person dead or will is trying to lead some down a wrong path and stray from mafia.
Like I said I have a different way of viewing things, which could mean my entire post is wrong.
You have 7 pages to pick up on anything. Im not asking you to pick up on anything minor, Im not asking you to make a case, etc. Im just asking for your opinion on whats happening so far. Just to say "I have nothing to add" doesn't really give me much of your opinion.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

To expand, I am not asking you for a vote, just an opinion. When people ask you for an opinion on what has happened so far it doesn't mean you have to put your money where your mouth is. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:02 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Unvote.

Okay, first of all, this thread is very active. It's not that hard to keep up with but it has a lot of useless walls of text. Most of these walls of text (if not all of them) are useless because they are all repeating points that have already been brought up regarding danakillsu and Furcolow. We don't need every player explaining why each post from dana and Furcolow is scummy.

I think that both Danakillsu and Furcolow are both town. Furcolow in particular, because I get the impression that he's trying to impress the town which is a strong town tell imo. The two main things that give me this impression are his bad metaphors + his confidence in his reads. Danakillsu also looks like town, because of his reaction to the attack from Furcolow. I agree that their posts are illogical, but I disagree that they are scum.

My thoughts on some of the other players in the game:

JDodge:

Looked townish but he brought up good points against danakillsu and didn't actually vote danakillsu until a bandwagon started on him. I find that a bit suspicious.
IGMEOY

Hiphop:

He suggested random lynching day 1 and I don't know that I believe he actually thinks it's a good strategy. We'll basically be at square one again tomorrow if we follow his strategy.
IGMEOY

Wraith:

His vote for Danakillsu looks opportunistic. I'm surprised he didn't have anything to say about Furcolow also.
IGMEOY

Mysterio:

First he votes JDodge for being so confident in his read on Danakillsu, but then later decides the case against Danakillsu was good (the case consisted of things that had happened before Mysterio voted JDodge). He looks like opportunistic scum. If the case against Danakillsu was really that good, then why did he vote JDodge after it happened before he eventually switched to Dana?
Vote: Mysterio

Singersigner:

His most recent post is full of parroting.
FoS: singersigner

Benmage:

My gut is telling me he might not be town, but I'll have to see his next few posts before I get a better read.
IGMEOY

Bunny Lover:

If he was town, I would expect him to have some kind of opinion regarding the Dana vs. Furcolow debate. Surprised he doesn't have anything to comment on.
FoS: Bunny Lover

Reck:

Asked Shanba for his reads without even giving his. I'm anxious to here more from him.
IGMEOY

UltimaAvalon:

He's been very active but his posts have consisted of questions to other players and him defending his PoV, but I don't think he has given any of his actual thoughts on the game yet from skimming him in iso. He has avoided taking any stances.
FoS: UltimaAvalon

I am against the idea of random lynching right now. I think we should use all the time we have.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:58 am

Post by danakillsu »

Xite and Wickedest have some very interesting insights. I think they are both town. I agree with almost everything Xite says and everything Wickedest says except that Furc is town. That I have a hard time seeing. I would go with a Wraith or Furc lynch.
Also
fos: Hiphop
for blatantly joining my wagon simply because it's a wagon. Believing that we can't give ourselves a better chance of finding scum by logic is self-fulfilling.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:11 am

Post by flinter »

danakillsu wrote:
vote: UA

Something's really not right there. Either he and Shanba communicated outside this thread or UA is just doing what Shanba wants him to. Either way, it deserves explanation.
page 2. Seen that everybody can read UA's sig, this is odd.

Jdodge has the first serious post. Small tell in his favor, I guess
danakillsu wrote:Well it's funny to see the reactions I got from pretending I knew UA was scum. I have played with him before, I believe. At any rate, no one as experienced as me would really pretend that they knew someone was scum in the RVS. And the fact that it's tradition to start with a bandwagon on UA should make my actions even less remarkable. Anyway, I'm glad I make it worth it to you, UA.
unvote
Good to see some discussion starting.
I don't like this at all. Dana does everything he can to make his actions seem null.
danakillsu wrote:Whatever. Wagon me. Don't care. You'll probably realize it's pointless eventually, because I know the people here in general are smart enough to see through your lies. It's obvious Poro just wants me lynched, because all he's done is say my post is BS without saying why or how that makes me scum. I'm not going to stoop to the level of "no, it's not". The truth of that post is for me to know, and for you to guess. Poro is guessing.
Every town is guessing at this point. Im sorry dana, but this isn't helping you.
Xite91 wrote:...

AtE

More AtE
Also, no explanation is really needed, but in case you needed it, go check out that quote from the other site I put up.
Xite, please, when you are making a point, do it complete and correct. Show how the appeal to emotion is in anyway scummy, as we are human beings and emotions are good. I like emotions, as they can tell you who is town or scum.
But I can't shake the feeling that JDodge is distancing from dana, so
FoS Jdodge and dana

Will be voting dana as soon as I see the votecount (don't want to get anywhere near L-1/hammer without a LOT more conversation)
"can't shake the feeling that JDodge is distancing" is a horrible argument. You have no reason to believe this (or you would have given it), but still you act on it. And I don't know what your experience is, but discussions like these are most often between two townies or one towny and one scum. I would gladly hear your reason why this case is between two scum, and if you don't have one, I would like you to pick which side of this argument (JDodge's or Dana's) you like best.
danakillsu wrote:
vote: Furcolow

Didn't take long to do that scumhunting. He contradicts himself twice. First he says he's not switching his vote, then threatens to do so. Second, he calls UA an idiot, then says "in case your an idiot" like he's not an idiot. And finally, he says UA has been buddying me, which could not be farther from the truth.
I'm sorry, but I would rather have you work a little longer on your scumhunting. I fear it won't be so succesful this way. Next time you have a player who has made "contradictions" would you be so kind to provide us with quotes and reasonings why these contradictions are scummy?

And then, sadly, Dana and Furcolow began to practice the typical sport here called "debating". Please, say something of value, or don't say anything. It makes my live easier.
danakillsu wrote:Yeah, I come from a very different background than most of you, I bet, so my posts would naturally stick out. That's what I've always thought, anyway. Trust me, though, I've been town in at least 5 games where the overwhelming majority of the other players were completely sure I was scum. Not that I expect that to really help me in this game. I wouldn't know about Furcolow, but I'm pretty sure he isn't usually posting this way (I have played one game with him in it).
I know a few things that might help. One is to stop playing on intuition, as it makes your playstyle reactive. It is one of the things you are voted for. Further, people percieve you as town if your posts are more meaningful. At this moment, you argue too much, and you say too little. The last thing you should do is taking the game serious at any moment.

@ the rest. From this post, my doubts about this bandwagon get confirmed. It just is too easy. Dana OMGUS-votes twice, "lies" in one of his first posts, votes people for "contradictions" and argues with anybody who attacks him. If he is scum, he would be a maniac (sorry if you are actually scum), as in the first newby game everybody is told not to OMGUS-vote, and scum is more concious of such rules.

Now then, we aren't looking at newby-obvscum, but we are looking at a scummy playstyle.
please, don't kill me.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ flinter
You say the last thing I should do is take the game seriously, but everyone gets suspicious when I try to have some fun with the RVS. How do you propose I rectify such a situation in the future?
Also, I just don't understand why simply because we are arguing about a lot of stuff, it is all worthless. Just because I give a lot of reasons why Furc is scum and give more than a few contradictions in his posts, it just somehow automatically makes everything null. I think I'm going insane...
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:34 am

Post by flinter »

sorry dana, here is the post as it should have been made:
I know a few things that might help. One is to stop playing on intuition, as it makes your playstyle reactive. It is one of the things you are voted for. Further, people percieve you as town if your posts are more meaningful. At this moment, you argue too much, and you say too little. The last thing you should do: take the game serious at any moment.
Sorry, that could be read in two ways.

About the arguing: it is more impressive if you can make one post everyday that is meaningful then that you are arguing with testosterone fueled (sorry if this is insulting) posts which are mostly about "who is right", or "who is dominant". Your first posts about Furc weren't that convincing, and that makes that the next posts are mostly skipped as "oh, that is dana who is tunneling and arguing without actually scumhunting."
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:35 am

Post by flinter »

Xite91 wrote:First, Frank is also scum
Dana could just be really bad town, but depending on other flips could be scum too.
Wraith is scum.
Jdodge is possible scum.
you just named all the notable posters and excluded Shanba because he posts as if he is your best friend?

Now I read this post more:
vote Xite
for parts like these:
Xite91 wrote:That's right, he is bussing so frickin bad that I feel he should just admit it at this point.
By the way, I call it bussing because the case sucks and he's attacking so violently so that later he can go look at me guys, I caught scum, that means I'm town.
The case sucks. So that must mean both the accused and the accuser are scum, right? Oh, and why would they bus? I see no motivations. Then, might there be a scenario where one of them is town, or where both of them are town? And would such a scenario be more likely then the scenario you proposed?

I think so. I'm sorry xite, but I think you are scum that just loves to apply pressure to both sides, while there isn't a good reason to do so.
Xite91 wrote:Oh, by the way, Wraith is also scum.
There are so many textbook tells in just that post. Just sayin.
The nonchalance is fake. Why did you do it? I guess to make your point (correct me if I'm wrong). You say there are tells in that post, but you don't point them out. I believe you didn't point them out because they weren't there and trying to brew tells out of that post would make your point seem weak.
Xite91 wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
Because it's not what I know, it's what I can convince everyone else
. What I know is my role. What I don't know is anyone else's roles. I hate to have to be teaching Mafia 101 to you, but I guess that's where we're at.

The town are not going to allow my lynching of UAscum. They, for some reason, do not as a collective suspect him yet. When you flip scum, though, they'll begin to see that I was right. Actually, maybe not, because UA will kill me in the night.

Point yourself out, then dana. You are obvscum, as is reflected by the votecount.
Everyone, quick follow my lead!
*Facepalm*
Now that that's over, bolded is an obvscumslip, Frank, maybe you should go take that class before you try to teach it
That second line is a steaming pile of AtE and should be treated as no more than that.
Votecount rarely has anything to do with it until a couple flips.
First, you should love emotions, not hate them.

Second, the bolded part shows how you were searching the thread. If you were scumhunting, you could have seen that part as made by town and by scum, and it wouldn't have caught your eye. But if you were looking to make a case on Furcolow, in stead of hunting scum, that bolded part can easily be twisted into a scumslip.

FoS Xite

Wicked is town. He made by far the best post in this game till now.

Esspecially these parts were good:
I think that both Danakillsu and Furcolow are both town. Furcolow in particular, because I get the impression that he's trying to impress the town which is a strong town tell imo. The two main things that give me this impression are his bad metaphors + his confidence in his reads. Danakillsu also looks like town, because of his reaction to the attack from Furcolow. I agree that their posts are illogical, but I disagree that they are scum.
Mysterio:

First he votes JDodge for being so confident in his read on Danakillsu, but then later decides the case against Danakillsu was good (the case consisted of things that had happened before Mysterio voted JDodge). He looks like opportunistic scum. If the case against Danakillsu was really that good, then why did he vote JDodge after it happened before he eventually switched to Dana?
Vote: Mysterio
Read it back, completely correct: VOTE: Mysterio
please, don't kill me.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

danakillsu wrote:@ flinter
You say the last thing I should do is take the game seriously, but everyone gets suspicious when I try to have some fun with the RVS. How do you propose I rectify such a situation in the future?
Well I think your speaking rubbish, your posts didnt seem like RVS "fun"
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Wickedestjr wrote:
UltimaAvalon:

He's been very active but his posts have consisted of questions to other players and him defending his PoV, but I don't think he has given any of his actual thoughts on the game yet from skimming him in iso. He has avoided taking any stances.
FoS: UltimaAvalon
I don't necessarily have a stance. I spent most of my time yesterday reacting to the explosion of posts, tying to stop bullshit before it could get started (JDodge), and dealing with terribad players (Dana, Frank) to the point where I eventually said fuck it and left to play Torchlight.

And the reason I still have no real stance between who's Scum or Town is because it's only been a day since the game started, last I checked 1/4 of the players still haven't checked in past the confirmation stage, and it's really hard to not tunnel on the most prolific players of the game, which most seem to be doing. Someone said we need to utilize all the time we have and they are absolutely right. With 24 players, we have a lot of scum to catch, and a lot of time to do it.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:27 am

Post by hiphop »

Xite91 wrote:Ohai, look how that wagon grew.
OMG! HI FRANK WANNA ATTACK DANA MOAR?>???!
That's right, he is bussing so frickin bad that I feel he should just admit it at this point.
Xite91 wrote:My not-so-sure but still suspicious of them being scum list

Dana
You do realize that in order for quote one to be true, dana has to be scum. Yet for some odd reason you believe that dana is less likely to be scum then Frank. Why do you jump over dana?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Wraith »

Lots of reading to be done, but I want to make a comment before I finish.

FoS: hiphop
Blatant wagoning. I at least have reasons for joining the wagon, despite what everyone else thinks. You don't. I'm not letting you slip in under the radar.

Also, I've realized I'm getting tunnel vision. Gonna start concentrating on other players for now, dana has enough pressure and has slipped up enough times.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”