Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by KHG »

Budja wrote:
KHG wrote: I said I would consider voting for Narsis based off the previous explanations given. That was all I said, and I never moved past that point on Narsis.
No, you expressed interest in joining the Narsis wagon after been pretty strongly fixated with Mysterio. You didn't mention any arguments that had convinced you.
Whenever I tried to ask me about it you focused on relatively unimportant aspect of my post while missing the direct point, "what had convinced you to change your stance".
You still have only vaguely giving me an idea of why.
I unvoted Mysterio because I was pleased with the answers he gave. They felt town-like to me. It was an intuitive feeling.
Plum wrote:KHG, you had three votes on you. Why did you claim?
I was unsure of the next time I could post again and thought I should get it out there.

VOTE COUNT

KHG (4): Plum, TheButtonmen, Chronopie, Budja
Narsis (3): VasudeVa, Thor665, jimfinn
Mysterio (3): Tasky, Narsis, FakeGod

Not Voting (2): Mysterio, KHG

With 12 alive, 7 votes are needed to lynch.
I've made a huge mistake.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Tasky »

Thor665 wrote:@Tasky - if you're uncertain about Narsis' role why go through that much effort to defend him? I was pretty 'meh' on the logic of the Mysterio case - but by letting it go I get to see how people respond to it and try to sell it. By you coming out so intensely at the Narsis cases you are tying yourself strongly to a player you have just admitted you have a neutral read on. Why would you do this? The only reason (if you're town) should be that you have a scum read on one of the attackers or a town read on Narsis. Also - happy day of womb escapage.
the wagon against him was building a lot of momentum and it looked to me like it was going straight to a lynch... since for me the arguments supporting the wagon were bad, the probability that Narsis is scum is as much as anyone's imo... and that's not a good probability (4/12 at best).
Plum wrote:Tasky, do you now believe Mysterio to be more likely to be scummy, or more likely stupid, and why?
definitely scummy. the main reasons I already told are:
1. he continued to push for the massclaim thing, even after being proven wrong.
2. after he tossed his idea of massclaiming (cause the pressure was just to great), he still pretended to be right about it and wanted to make us think he was doing the right thing all the time (including his own claim, which obviously was wrong)
3. he started to attack Narsis only after the attack was going on big times
4. Mysterio thinks Narsis was scum but he didn't want to put him at L-1 (still assuming his doublevoter claim is true) and instead FoS'd. the problem with that is that he had absolutely no problems with putting jimfinn at L-2 from whom he hadn't any scumread, but just wanted to create pressure for a claim. I think L-2 for a player don't even find scummy just because "he has the most votes on him" (quoted from here) is at least as aggressive as L-1 for a player you find scummy.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I think the case on KHG is a viable case.

in his ISO 7-9 he repeats that Mysterio is claiming for no reason and that it was unnecessary. I totally agree with it, but...
KHG wrote:I'm Sergeant Detritus and I'm a townie.

Plum made a big deal earlier about the distinction between a townie and a vanilla townie (which I don't understand), but my role PM simply said townie so I'll leave it at that.
then he claims at L-4 (3 votes)... talking of unnecessary claim...
at this point the only conclusion I can draw is that you are scum, who has a fakeclaim you believe to be good and at the first opportunity want to get that fakeclaim out in order to be cleared for the rest of the day (or maybe game).

and then this:
KHG wrote:I'd assume the people voting for me simply don't believe my claim? Is that assumed? Buttonmen and Budja haven't given explanations.
I think this post shows how important that claim is for you. You are trying really hard to make people think you are town. And that is scummy. I don't think no real townie would try to "hammer the point home that he his a townie when no one was asking for a roleclaim".

you get added to my scum-list together with Mysterio...
and you get a vote for it:
UNVOTE: VOTE: KHG

obviously Mysterio gets a
big FoS: Mysterio
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Tasky's posts make little sense to me. He just got finished laying out why I was scummy, but then switches his vote to KHG...why? Because the bandwagon on me died out? Now I'm only suspicious and not scummy? Either you're backtracking and don't think your reasons against me are that strong (but still want to quietly keep me under suspicion), or you're simply opportunistically jumping on the KHG wagon.

As for KHG, he claims to have changed his mind due to subsequent posts I made, but has failed time and time again to actually cite any examples or give any concrete reasons for unvoting. He's since been on the defensive and hasn't really done any scumhunting, which is suspicious in and of itself, but not altogether his fault. He been getting peppered with questions by numerous people, and so he has naturally switched into defense mode. @KHG, let me ask you what specifically about my posts caused you to unvote me? Don't give me the generic "your posts seemed pro-town", actually cite a specific example.

I would like to see a response from Tasky and KHG before placing my vote.
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by KHG »

Tasky wrote:then he claims at L-4 (3 votes)... talking of unnecessary claim...
at this point the only conclusion I can draw is that you are scum, who has a fakeclaim you believe to be good and at the first opportunity want to get that fakeclaim out in order to be cleared for the rest of the day (or maybe game).
That's the only conclusion you can draw?

I said I was unsure when I would be able to post again. As it turns out, I got a chance to.
Tasky wrote:I think this post shows how important that claim is for you. You are trying really hard to make people think you are town. And that is scummy.
I don't know how hard I'm trying, but it's in my best interest to make people think I'm town because I am town and it's easier to accomplish my win condition. I don't see how that's scummy.

Tasky seems to be jumping to conclusions.
Mysterio wrote:@KHG, let me ask you what specifically about my posts caused you to unvote me? Don't give me the generic "your posts seemed pro-town", actually cite a specific example.
No sentences in particular, just your general reactions and tone. Sometimes that all you can go on. Posts #133, 142, 200 as examples gave me a better idea.
I've made a huge mistake.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Narsis »

KHG wrote:
Tasky wrote:then he claims at L-4 (3 votes)... talking of unnecessary claim...
That's the only conclusion you can draw?

I said I was unsure when I would be able to post again. As it turns out, I got a chance to.
you didnt think you'd have a chance to post again before the deadline? i doubt that you would have gone from 3 votes to 7 so fast that you dont have time to respond. also what was the cause of the uncertainty?
KHG wrote:
Tasky wrote:I think this post shows how important that claim is for you. You are trying really hard to make people think you are town. And that is scummy.
I don't know how hard I'm trying, but it's in my best interest to make people think I'm town because I am town and it's easier to accomplish my win condition. I don't see how that's scummy.
so it's easier to defeat the mafia if you remain alive? i also find it strange that you say "it's easier to accomplish [your] win condition" rather then what said win condition is. you also realize that scum want to be viewed as town right? and generally they push harder to prove that point since they know they are lying.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Tasky »

Mysterio wrote:Tasky's posts make little sense to me. He just got finished laying out why I was scummy, but then switches his vote to KHG...why? Because the bandwagon on me died out? Now I'm only suspicious and not scummy? Either you're backtracking and don't think your reasons against me are that strong (but still want to quietly keep me under suspicion), or you're simply opportunistically jumping on the KHG wagon.
you are scum, KHG is scum... simple as that.
I actually don't really care whether you or KHG get lynched first.
KHG wrote:I said I was unsure when I would be able to post again. As it turns out, I got a chance to.
bullshit-meter just went off... you really think we would quicklynch this early? and you were at L-4 dammit... I mean, not even half of the required majority was achieved.
KHG wrote:
well, you seemed to be of a different opinion earlier:
KHG wrote:I think it's pro-scum; why would Mysterio hammer the point home that he his a townie when no one was asking for a roleclaim?

I can't think of a single reason.
you are doing exactly the same thing you earlier attacked as scummy...

I think it's usual scum-tactic to attack your buddy early (in fact you were the first to attack Mysterio), when it's very unlikely that a lynch happens and then jump back off him at the first opportunity... I think the fact that you were the first to vote him and then unvoted without posting a single reason for it.
this was your last post against Mysterio:
KHG wrote:Emphasis is mine. Because scum would be stupid enough to lynch someone like that, without any prerogative evidence? You've been pressuring jimfinn pretty much singlehandedly. My vote will stay on you.
what happened there between that and your ISO 15? I don't see anything at all...
therefore I really think a Mysterio-KHG partnership is to be expected.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

Tasky wrote:
KHG wrote:I think it's pro-scum; why would Mysterio hammer the point home that he his a townie when no one was asking for a roleclaim?

I can't think of a single reason.
you are doing exactly the same thing you earlier attacked as scummy...
I'm pretty 'meh' on most of Tasky's post - but this seems brilliant. I want it addressed for great justice!
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Mysterio »

Both Tasky's and KHG's responses were weak. Tasky essentially admits to opportunistically jumping on the KHG wagon, since he knows he can't get a lynch on me. And KHG cites posts that previously made me suspicious to him, but suddenly makes me look pro-town. Both are scummy, but KHG especially. Plus, your claim is one that I would consider to be a "safe" fake claim given to scum, since there are much bigger characters to choose from.

No reason to delay any further...
Vote: KHG
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

That's L-1.

@Thor:
Time to break out Mjöllnir!
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 am

Post by molestargazer »

VOTE COUNT

KHG (6): Plum, TheButtonmen, Chronopie, Budja, Tasky, Mysterio

Narsis (3): VasudeVa, Thor665, jimfinn
Mysterio (2): Narsis, FakeGod

Not Voting (1): KHG

With 12 alive, 7 votes are needed to lynch.
Before anyone asks, no, I have not made a mistake.

Sergeant Detritus looked around curiously at the assembled watchmen, most staring at him with expressions he wasn't sure he liked the look of.
"What?"
"We know it was you who did it." One of them said, employing Detritus' famous interrogation technique. "Own up."
"I didn't do nuffin!" He said, taking a step forward angrily and clenching his fists. Usually, this was enough to scare anyone into stepping backwards, but this time they didn't.
Dat
was strange...

Suddenly, the air around Detritus was full of glinting steel. With a roar, one of them stabbed a sword into Detritus' chest. Detritus looked down at it impartially to see the steel had crumpled. The attacker fell away, looking stunned.
"Anyone else wanna go?" He said menacingly. But they weren't paying attention. They looking at where the sword had hit.
"You're... oozing." One of them said in stunned disbelief. Detritus looked down at his chest. Damn. That hadn't happened in a long time... since dat crazy man wit der fing shot him. The watchmen were shouting again now, but all of a sudden, he wasn't paying attention.

Detritus.
"Yes? Who is it?" Detritus spoke with new-found eloquism. "Wait. It's colder. I'm functioning more effectively." He looked around him, and saw Death leaning on his scythe. Eyes widening, he looked down at the floor, where his body was lying. Several watchmen were still stabbing it, just in case. Others had gone to look for evidence.
"Oh."
Yes. They thought it was you who killed the others. said Death calmly.
"So, now what?" Detritus looked around him into the fading world. Death walked up and laid a hand on his shoulder.
Come with me.

Back in the real world, the search wasn't going too well. Vimes rested his head against the wall wearily.
"DAMN!"

KHG, aka Sergeant Detritus, TOWNIE, has been lynched.

It is now NIGHT ONE. Night actions to me by Sunday 22nd August, around this time.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:04 am

Post by molestargazer »

Corporal Nobbs woke up in one of the small rooms in the Watch House in Pseudopolis yard, and groaned happily, scratching at one of the boils on his face. Well, he didn't feel too bad. Even the pains in his back... and arms... and what strange itch behind his ears... was gone.

He swung off the small mattress quickly, and hitched up his trousers.
Wait...

Nobbs looked down again in horror. He was still lying on the mattress, eyes closed, under a blanket. And yet... he was stood up? How strange. That was when he saw a tall man, in a black cloak stood by the door.
Good Morning, Corporal Nobbs. Did you sleep well?
"W-What? I'm-"
Dead, yes. I'd offer you breakfast, but there's not much point.
"You're death."
A masterly summary.
"I thought you was, y'know, a miff."
Obviously not. Are you feeling well?
"What? I'm dead!" Death seemed to sigh.
Yes. I was told I should make this experience less harrowing to people, so I'm trying to use everyday pleasantries. Is it working?

-------------

"Corporal Nobbs?!" Constable Von Humpeding sighed, and strode down the corridor towards the room where Nobby and a few other watchmen had spent the night. None of the others in the room wanted to touch him to wake him up. She had drawn the short straw. She pushed open the door, and saw Nobby still lying on a mattress. She walked over to him, spent a second composing herself, and threw the blanket back.
"Oh, gods!"
She staggered back away from the blood oozing over Nobby's body, from a cut throat.

Mysterio, aka Corporal "Nobby" Nobbs, TOWNIE, has been killed.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 am

Post by molestargazer »

"Vimes was vaguely aware that he drank to forget. What made it rather pointless was that he couldn't remember what he was forgetting any more. In the end he just drank to forget about drinking."

After the events of the previous day, and the morning's discovery, it was collectively decided that the watch would go for a drink. Vimes patted his cigar case in his pocket nervously - he knew he should resist, otherwise Sybil would really go on again. Fine. OK.
One
drink, he told himself. And no spirits.

Mr. Cheese, bartender of The Bucket, was cleaning a glass forlornly staring at his currently-empty pub, when the door was flung open and half of the watch filed in awkwardly, one after the other. He looked, mouth agape, as the members of the watch took their assigned seats and sat there, saying nothing.

Constable Visit-the-Infidel-with-explanatory-pamphlets sat at a table with 2 very nervous-looking watchmen who had been unable to find other seats - and edged away slowly as Visit threw a dirty look at the bar, muttering about the "devil drink", and started to hand out pamphlets to the assembled watchmen.

Soon, the awkwardness evaporated and the watch slowly started drinking themselves to the floor - even Constable Downspout sat on the roof of the pub and had a drink poured through him.

Commander Vimes, promise forgotten, had managed to acquire a glass of bearhugger's, and after draining it, stood looking around the pub through the bottom of the glass. The world looked better that way.

Commander Vimes has acquired DRUNKENNESS and will receive a power today.

It is now DAY TWO.
Deadline is Sunday 5th September.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by jimfinn »

VOTE: Narsis as the other two players with votes on them at the end of Day 1 are now dead.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Mysterio »

Hab! Good luck, townies.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:VOTE: Narsis as the other two players with votes on them at the end of Day 1 are now dead.
so you think i killed them then?
Record:

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 am

Post by jimfinn »

No, I'm saying that of the three under the most suspicion, only you are still alive.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:No, I'm saying that of the three under the most suspicion, only you are still alive.
so that automatically makes me the top suspect?
Record:

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 am

Post by jimfinn »

at least, the discussion ought to start there, right?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:18 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Whoever this Vimes person is probably should claim his power. It looks like this is the games mechanic. All VTs then random townies get power roles.

Does the Charisntmha thingy D1 have anything to do with double voting? Any theories on what drunkenness does?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:at least, the discussion ought to start there, right?
perhaps. although i for one would look at the KHG wagon.

i was actually hoping to ask Mysterio why he hammered when he did. it felt a little early to me.

as for the rest of the wagon...Chronopie looks suspicious to me. lurking and an obvious bandwagoning vote.

VOTE: Chronopie

Preview edit: what would town gain by knowing who has the drunkeness power and what it does VV?
Record:

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Information. Maybe shed some light on what Mysterio did not have the chance to share D1.

I think Mysterio got careless with his DV and accihammered KHG.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:Information. Maybe shed some light on what Mysterio did not have the chance to share D1.

I think Mysterio got careless with his DV and accihammered KHG.
you think there's more behind the power then it being a one day thing as Mysterio described? if so then why would have Mysterio said it was only a one day DV power?

also how does this information help the town?

as for the hammer...i actually suspected that but had been hoping to hear it from Mysterio himself.
Record:

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:56 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I was actually hoping that there were some hints as to why he was chosen in the first place. At any rate, he wasn't lying.

Information on the setup helps town tons because it helps catch lying scum.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:I was actually hoping that there were some hints as to why he was chosen in the first place. At any rate, he wasn't lying.

Information on the setup helps town tons because it helps catch lying scum.
i would have thought it was random myself. and if he knew why he was chosen then why keep it a secret?

in my experience in closed games speculating on the set up leads to more harm then good.
Record:

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:06 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote: VV

For all the same reasons as yesterday and the recent role fishing.

Not really sure if I can call it rolefishing though, it's more a long the lines of role harpooning or perhaps role torpedoing.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”