Mini #1007 (Game Over)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Hoopla »

Where's gonnano? I don't like how he's slinked off.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:01 am

Post by redtail896 »

Hoopla: was your sanity guaranteed?
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

You don't normally have sanity guarentees for gunsmiths. I've never seen an insane gunsmith before, and I have comprehensive data on the entirity of Little Italy.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:08 am

Post by redtail896 »

So besides the positive, what reasoning do you have against me?

In short, how much did you suspect me before you investigated me?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Hoopla »

Not a lot, to be honest. But the investigation was for the sake of improved bandwagon analysis - nothing personal. I was actually a little surprised you were scum and I half expected this to end up in me outing a cop.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 am

Post by gonnano »

I don't know about this. I don't see scum-Hoopla making such a risky play, especially against redtail, but she might just be crazy enough to try it. I think it's likely that she has some information, considering that she (correctly, of course) cleared me, but this could be scum information for all I know. I also don't see scum-redtail bussing VRK so hard (I still think VRK is scum), but then again he could be pretty confident that after being on two scum bandwagons that he wouldn't be high on the list for a lynch.

I'm leaning towards lynching VRK today, hopefully getting a scumflip, then doing some massclaiming when it won't benefit the scum as much. If you see any flaws in this plan point them out, but otherwise it's the one that I am in favor of.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:14 am

Post by redtail896 »

Oh, nothing personal taken. I'm just trying to figure this out myself. The only possibilities I can come up with are listed above. If I am a miller, I was not told so. And if you're an insane gunsmith, then there would almost certainly be another investigation role. So I've got nothing, except to repeat that I don't have a gun.

Preview Edit: I like gonnano's plan. For the record, if I was scum, I bussing VRK would be suicide. I wouldn't have enough confidence that I was guaranteed town to try it. And I also don't think that Hoopla is scum.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

GOTCHA!

Gonnano, you've just fallen squarely for the old bait and switch. I switched the results. I HAVE A GUN RESULT ON YOU. The fact you've just agreed and said you have no gun means that you must be scum. Because if you were
really
a cop or a vig, you would have corrected my 'no gun' result on you, but because you haven't, it must mean you are scum.

It also means that redtail is town, because surely scum in that situation would claim cop/vig/something else,
knowing
that they have a gun, and this was their only chance at survival.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gonnano
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 am

Post by redtail896 »

Well hey now. How about that. I'll run with it.

VOTE: Gonnano

Nice job Hoopla.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 am

Post by gonnano »

After everyone comments on the new developments, I have something to say. Nothing special, but just to be safe it should wait.

Preview edit: Whoa... I don't have a gun either. Nice flailing tho.
Hoopla wrote:It also means that redtail is town, because surely scum in that situation would claim cop/vig/something else, knowing that they have a gun, and this was their only chance at survival.
But you shouldn't need that, because you supposedly had a negative result from him.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Hoopla »

gonnano wrote:
Hoopla wrote:It also means that redtail is town, because surely scum in that situation would claim cop/vig/something else, knowing that they have a gun, and this was their only chance at survival.
But you shouldn't need that, because you supposedly had a negative result from him.
I didn't investigate redtail at all. I was using this fakeclaim to get a result on him now, without actually using an official investigation on him.

I'm not revealing who my N1 target was yet, for the purpose of linking. I will reveal it before the day is over though.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 am

Post by gonnano »

Gonnano, you've just fallen squarely for the old bait and switch. I switched the results.
This says that you switched the results, referring to the only two investigations that had been mentioned, me and redtail.
- Joseph Heller
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

gonnano wrote:
Gonnano, you've just fallen squarely for the old bait and switch. I switched the results.
This says that you switched the results, referring to the only two investigations that had been mentioned, me and redtail.
Appologies - English isn't my first language. I meant that I switched the guilty verdict from you to redtail. I was just a little excited that it actually worked - that was a pretty frenetic post.

I claimed Guilty on redtail, innocent on you.
What I really have: guilty on you, innocent on someone else.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:44 am

Post by gonnano »

If there's another investigative role, counterclaiming Hoopla should happen soon.

If the rest of the town buys Hoopla's bogus investigation, I still think that the plan I outlined for redtail would be the most pro-town path, even with me substituted for redtail. If not, I would suggest a Hoopla lynch.

I'll go ahead and say now what I was planning to say later, which is that I thought Hoopla might be a tracker who saw me target nobody and saw redtail target shotty, then was trying to get more info from redtail by claiming gunsmith. Now I think she's scum pulling one of the most impressive gambits that I've ever seen.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 am

Post by gonnano »

now I know why AGar got nightkilled. A gambit this big can't have a LAL-friendly town.
- Joseph Heller
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:54 am

Post by redtail896 »

Slow down you two. Let's wait for the others here. We have 5 other players.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

Gonnano, claim your role.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:06 am

Post by gonnano »

No thanks, I still think I can convince the town that I'm innocent.
- Joseph Heller
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Hoopla »

Yeah. Well, you do that. There's no way we're not lynching a claimed guilty. Besides, from the towns perspective they know that one of us is scum - if one of us is proved truthful, then the other follows. One of us
must
be lynched today.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

Post by gonnano »

There's no way we're not lynching a claimed guilty.

Who claimed guilty?
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

Post by gonnano »

EBWOP: the first sentence should be a quote from Hoopla
- Joseph Heller
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Hoopla »

I'm claiming a guilty result on you.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

I want to massclaim today, by the way. And I want this to be the order;

Gonnano
Kid Know Nothing
Vel-Rahn Koon
ConfidAnon
AlmasterGM
redtail
Hoopla (already claimed, but will reveal last result)

I'm 80% sure I have enough information to break the game open today (even without G&H claiming).
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 am

Post by gonnano »

You've claimed many things. Is this one for real or just another information-gathering tactic?

I admit that I am curious as to why you would decide to claim this now, knowing that you'll be lynched the next Day. (or nightkilled tonight, if you want to keep your pretense)

Preview Edit: Very good, give yourself the last spot so that you can decide on the best fake investigation. The only problem is that I have no intention of claiming until L-1, or if someone can somehow convince me that giving the scum a list of who's who is a good idea right now, I will not claim unless Hoopla claims before or immediately after me.

And yes, I can see how a massclaim would break the game wide open for scum.
- Joseph Heller
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Hoopla »

NO. It will break the game open for town. (Yes this is for real)

The thing that is pissing me off, is how slow this game is going. By the time everyone chimes in on whether massclaim is a good idea or not, we'll probably only have a week until deadline, and then if we do decide to massclaim, we'll probably take another 3 days to get through the list. It's kind of frustrating.

Massclaim will be beneficial if we claim in the right order. I strongly believe we can confirm 2/3 townies and maybe the other scum, which is enough to win the game here and now, even with my lynch included somewhere along the line. I've already given you 3/4 of what my role is - I'm justified in putting myself last.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”