The I don't play anymore thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Won't be quitting Mafia anytime soon, but school hit me big time as I'm not able to access the site as much.

I'll need to be in a lot less amount of games before I won't have to worry about not posting in a game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:06 am

Mr. Flay wrote:Also, anytime the site DOES "level up" in finding scum, scum also level up.
Prehaps that's why I thought of myself as a really bad player when I first joined the site.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:15 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Won't be quitting Mafia anytime soon, but school hit me big time as I'm not able to access the site as much.

I'll need to be in a lot less amount of games before I won't have to worry about not posting in a game.
Guess I'm going to have to retract this statement. I'll have to go into a somewhat permanent state of semi-retirement due to time constraint being too stringent. For more information on this, scroll down to the bottom of my post. It's been a great time playing Mafia, but it looks like my time as a regular player is coming to a close.
Zachrulez wrote:How can anyone quit mafia? It's like a drug you can't get enough of.
I'm not going to permanently quit Mafia, but I'm sure there are people who used to be super active on the site, but now have completely and totally disappeared from the face of the site. Example: armix. Once my ongoing game and Metropolis: Revelation has finished it's course, I will go inactive on the site very soon after with the exception of modding (Modding doesn't take up as much time as playing, so I'll be present in the community in some way or form).
SaintKerrigan wrote:I only have so much energy to devote to things in my life, and right now mafiascum is taking too much and not giving enough back. Definite sign that I need a break, at the least.
Now that I thought about it, this can apply to me as well. That's not to say remaining an active part of the Mafiascum community does not have it's benefits, but that when I think about it, it does not match up to the negatives.

+ I feel that I became accepted for who I was and not just an annoying person on the block. Back in 2008/2009, I felt isolated and not many people liked me. Mafiascum is one of the first forums that I didn't get a lot of flakes for due to my behavior. But that could be partly due to the fact that I improved my behavior on the Internet over the years.
+ It's a game of logic and I love games with logic. It's the first forum game I can honestly say was addicting and I've made some good (and bad) memories that I won't forget anytime soon.
+ I look at the Internet (And the world to a lesser extend) from a different perspective. Back in late 2008/2009/early 2010, I was a pretty stubborn person on the Internet on different forums and pissed off a few people, to the point where I got banned from a site three times. I also basically agreed with pratically everything with my grand mother, which meant I didn't have too much of my own opinion on the world. With this site, I saw my behavior have changed for the better and that I have more original opinions.

- I'm in three AP classes and one hard as hell Pre-AP classes. Unfortunently, I tend to get pretty frustrated with my Pre-AP class and lose focus in them in favor of this site. Basically, I put way too much priority on this site instead of those classes, which is
exactly
what you should not be doing, especially since I was known to be a diligent student in school. I was already smart enough to realize that being in ten games at a time was not a good idea. I tried cutting down games to four, that didn't cut my addiction to my satisfaction. I'm trying to stay in one game without put too much priority on this site and I still do. This is something I absolutely hate to do, but the only way I'll get back the desire to do my very best in school is for me to semi-retire from this site, only remaining active to mod. Hopefully I'll be back to playing during the summertimes.
- I'm planning on getting a job very soon. This is going to affect my time in Mafia even more then it already has, possibly to the point where I won't be make to make adequate amount of time to play. I'm placing emphaize on job over Mafia.

Three pluses and two negatives. Unfortunently, the negatives outweigh the positive, so I have no choice but to quit playing Mafia on a regular bases.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”