Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: Prana
for not saying hi to me last game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

CKD deserves an
FOS
until he explains himself berrter.

ESP ISO 3 is bad.
ESP ISO 9 is WIFOM

vote: DemonHybird

All the guy does is vote and then goes V/LA.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vollkan wrote:
NC wrote: vote: DemonHybird
Golly gosh! Voting
and
going on VLA! He must be scum!
:roll:
:evil:

I don't know about you but I kinda want to know why he's switched his vote twice and why he hasn't explained anything.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:CKD deserves an
FOS
until he explains himself better.
curious as to what anything I have said is scummy.
Read your own ISO. You said you'd claim. I don't like day 1 claims but fine. You said that what you have to tell us will help. Fine. I'm patiently waiting on you to explain yourself. But I'm NOT pushing for your lynch...at least not yet.
CooLDoG wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:CKD deserves an
FOS
until he explains himself better.

ESP ISO 3 is bad.
ESP ISO 9 is WIFOM

vote: DemonHybird

I don't understand this post though. Why did you attack ESP and then not vote him?
From my vantage point Jack, ESP and DH all look bad. Are they all scum? I'd like to think so but I doubt we are that lucky. But for the time being they all look like decent lynch candidates. Lets say that Jack is scum, and he votes for DH apparently for no reason. Perhaps it was, I guess it would be bussing, if DH was also his scum buddy. If DH was lynched he could come out and say
LOOK I FOUND YOU SCUM!!!
That said I'm on board for lynching all three but Jack is the one I'd like to see go the most.

unvote;vote: Jack

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Jack wrote:
Jack wrote:Unvote, vote:Nero Cain
Nero Caine wrote:unvote;vote: Jack
More omgus :rolleyes:

also I'm seriously concerned by you "I'm on board for lynching all three" including DH who has barely posted. That smells more of scum deciding who he's going to call his suspects than town really looking for mafia.
So why did YOU vte for DH?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Jack wrote:^^ :rolleyes:

I think I feel better about nero caine than plissken at the moment.

unvote, vote:Nero Caine[/b[
:?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vollkan wrote:
NC wrote: I don't know about you but I kinda want to know why he's switched his vote twice and why he hasn't explained anything.
I want to know his reasoning too. But that doesn't make him scum.
No you didn't. If you did you would have brought it up but you didn't which tells me you were content to let him fly under the radar. Why?

NC wrote: Read your own ISO. You said you'd claim. I don't like day 1 claims but fine. You said that what you have to tell us will help. Fine. I'm patiently waiting on you to explain yourself. But I'm NOT pushing for your lynch...at least not yet.
What on earth do you find scummy about his claim?[/quote]

I never called his claim scummy, mostly 'cause he hadn't claimed yet but I did want him to explain himself better. Why do you find my wanting an explanation so scummy?

NC wrote: From my vantage point Jack, ESP and DH all look bad. Are they all scum? I'd like to think so but I doubt we are that lucky. But for the time being they all look like decent lynch candidates.
DH has made 3 posts, and you haven't even mentioned Jack until now. So that makes one person who could not reasonably want to lynch (DH) and then you jumping behind the consensus candidate (Esp) and the apparent rival (Jack).

NC+4
[/quote]

From the time I posted to the time you posted there were 19 more posts. Maybe I play different than you but I don't auto read, my reads will change through the game based on new posts. I already mentioned ESP in my first post. Jack's 109 is especially stupid but 108 and 115 are full of fail as well. His no sell of 116 is scummy as fuck. I also find it incredibly odd you call ESP and Jack rivals when it looks a whole lot more like buddying. This sounds like scum/aggressive townie just trying to fling stuff at the wall and hopes it sticks.
NC wrote: That said I'm on board for lynching all three but Jack is the one I'd like to see go the most.
Now you get an additional
CD+2
. Reason being is that not only have you failed to mention Jack at all until this post, but I cannot conceive of any reason why you could reasonably want to see Jack lyched over Esp (outside a scenario in which you and Esp are scumbuddies, of course)[/quote]

How the hell is me not thinking Jack was scummy in my first post as scum tell? Why do I want Jack lynched over ESP? I find Jack scummier. Watch this, why do YOU want ESP lynched over Jack? Perhaps you and Jack are scum buddies, yes?

your massive chainsaw defense of Jack is noted.

--------------------------------------

I'm sure the post tags are broke so the mod can fix if he wants but im to sleepy right now.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

CooLDoG wrote: @neo chain
Making fun of my name is a bit childish...

anyways the scum points was on a post by Volkan and I just ended up breaking the tags.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vollkan wrote:
NC wrote: your massive chainsaw defense of Jack is noted.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CHAINSAW DEFENCE!
Ok. So what do I call it when you defend Jack by atacking me?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Jack wrote:Nero Caine has not posted here since the 8th (but has posted elsewhere). Several scummy posts from someone with only 8 posts = lynch

unvote, vote:nero caine

Bandwagon PLEASE, and don't ask for a case when it has been made already and it's blindingly obvious why he's scummy if you read his posts.
How can you read my posts if you can't get my name correct?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Jack wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
Jack wrote:Nero Caine has not posted here since the 8th (but has posted elsewhere). Several scummy posts from someone with only 8 posts = lynch

unvote, vote:nero caine

Bandwagon PLEASE, and don't ask for a case when it has been made already and it's blindingly obvious why he's scummy if you read his posts.
How can you read my posts if you can't get my name correct?
This is scum trying to discredit a vote on him. Also this is the only thing he posts.
So its to much to ask that you read correctly?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Jack wrote:THAT'S RIGHT NERO, YOUR DREAMS HAVE BECOME REALITY, MY VOTE ON YOU IS INVALID BECAUSE I MISSPELLED YOUR NAME

BTW I MISSPELLED YOUR NAME BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN LURKING HARDCORE
AND I HAVEN'T SEEN A POST FROM YOU IN FOREVER

:eek:

Why me and not NicolBolas?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vollkan wrote:
NC wrote: No you didn't. If you did you would have brought it up but you didn't which tells me you were content to let him fly under the radar. Why?
The guy made three quicks posts then went on VLA. He clearly had good reasons for not explaining himself immediately
And what possible reason could that be? According to him he was acting scummy to gauge reactions. That's even worse.
I'm town so I'm going to distract ya'll from scum hunting by acting scummy to gauge reactions.
I don't like it or buy it.

I'd also like to note that Vollkan and DH both are outright lying when they say I was voting for him for going V/LA when I was merely noting his V/LA. Maybe they are upset about it 'cause they know it was a faux V/LA?
vollkan wrote:
NC wrote: I never called his claim scummy, mostly 'cause he hadn't claimed yet but I did want him to explain himself better. Why do you find my wanting an explanation so scummy?
You're spouting bullshit.

I never once attacked you for "wanting an explanation" and it's pure misrepresentation to claim that I did.
NC+2

Let's review the history:

You expressed suspicion of CKD:
NC wrote:CKD deserves an FOS until he explains himself better.
CKD then legitimately asked:
CKD wrote:curious as to what anything I have said is scummy.
Your response:
NC wrote: Read your own ISO. You said you'd claim. I don't like day 1 claims but fine. You said that what you have to tell us will help. Fine. I'm patiently waiting on you to explain yourself. But I'm NOT pushing for your lynch...at least not yet.
If somebody asks you "What have I done that is scummy?" (after you'd clearly expressed the view that you considered them scummy, through your FOS) and you respond by pointing their claim and that you won't lynch them "yet", the
only reasonable inference
is that you are attacking their claim. If you had some other reason for suspecting him, you presumably would have given it in answer to the question.

Goodness knows why I was then prompted to ask:
Vollkan wrote: What on earth do you find scummy about his claim?
So, two questions:
1) Without being evasive and turning my question back at me without actually answering it - what was it that CKD had done that merited your FOS?; and
2) Quote me where I attacked you for wanting an explanation? If you can't point to a quote that satisfies that question (hint: it doesn't exist!), please quote which thing I said made you reasonably beleive that I had attacked you for wanting an explanation? If you can't do that, please explain why you felt the need to respond to my attacks against you with hyperbole.
1. I answered his question in my ISO 2. The answer to your question is also in 2

Vollkan wrote: What on earth do you find scummy about his claim?
Its perfectly logical to want an explanation. Especially when the guy pussyfooted around claiming for 2 whole posts instead of coming right out and claiming. But your are DELIBERTLY twisting my words;you said
you respond by pointing their claim and that you won't lynch them "yet"
when I made it clear that I only wanted an explanation.
vollkan wrote:
NC wrote: From the time I posted to the time you posted there were 19 more posts. Maybe I play different than you but I don't auto read, my reads will change through the game based on new posts. I already mentioned ESP in my first post. Jack's 109 is especially stupid but 108 and 115 are full of fail as well. His no sell of 116 is scummy as fuck. I also find it incredibly odd you call ESP and Jack rivals when it looks a whole lot more like buddying. This sounds like scum/aggressive townie just trying to fling stuff at the wall and hopes it sticks.
So, basically, it's my fault for expecting to be able to see some logical pathway in your suspicion :roll:

On Jack specifically, 109, 108 and 115 may well be stupid and full of fail, but that doesn't make them scummy. And, despite your hyperboic description of 116, you've failed entirely to explain why it is sufficiently scummy to make him a "decent lynch candidate".
I apologize for not auto reading and voting for your scum buddy.
singersigner wrote:
Looker wrote:Which is not me, by the way; it's vollkan.
lol, are you trying to get
him
killed?
or doctor protection?
vollkan wrote: Vezok, replace out. You are seriously incapable of playing this game. I can tolerate inexperience, because people can improve, but you are going nowhere in terms of your play. This game requiers reasoning and analysis; you have neither. Leave.
This is extremely rude. Even if the guys sucks you have no right to tell him to GTFO. Its these kind of elitest posts that just don't belong in a mafia game. And really? If you don't like the guy just for for him.
DemonHybrid wrote: I will look at him much closer Day 2 and see how he responds if he's still alive.
This is horrible!!! Of course your not going to kill me and the off chance that you aren't scum they wouldn't either but that post is really scummy.

unvote: vote: Espy

him, Vollkan, Jack or DH would be my choices for a lynch today.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
Jack wrote:THAT'S RIGHT NERO, YOUR DREAMS HAVE BECOME REALITY, MY VOTE ON YOU IS INVALID BECAUSE I MISSPELLED YOUR NAME

BTW I MISSPELLED YOUR NAME BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN LURKING HARDCORE
AND I HAVEN'T SEEN A POST FROM YOU IN FOREVER

:eek:

Why me and not NicolBolas?
Because you responded to a vote after a 6 day absence and JUST NOW you tried to deflect suspicion onto another lurker?

What does it matter what Jack thinks of NicolBolas?
This makes total sense!!!! I'm just supposed to lie down and not respond when being call scum. And it matters 'cause I'm being voted for lurking, what makes me the best lurker lynch? 'Cause I posted in another thread? Oh yes that just means I HAVE to be scum huh?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

DemonHybrid wrote:You know, I hate the term OMGUS, but I'm really tempted to use it right now.

You think I'm scum now? So what's your case on me?
What do you think of my claim? I doubt you've read it.

So, your scum list is comprised of 3 people who suspected you/called you out and the biggest wagon of the day as a 4th. How do you explain that?
This is a
LIE
. I suspected you and Jack before you two suspected me. The only OMGUS is Vollkan. I also expressed suspicion of Espy in my first post.

As far as your claim of VT goes...that's the easiest claim as over 50% of this game is probably vanilla. So no, it does not confirm you as town.
DemonHybrid wrote::neutral:
How does it confirm that Espy is town and Nero isn't bussing hesitantly?
I'd have to come up scum for it to be a bus.

Jack wrote: dh, what I meant before about the espy wagon being laziness is that people tend to stick on a wagon when it's the biggest just because they believe another wagon won't take off, because they are too small.
vollkan wrote:Since I think both my 58-ers are unlikely to be lynched, and there is a massive cloud of WTF hanging over my Vezok read, I will
Unvote, Vote: Espeonage
Why is there a double standard, Jack?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Pom 526 is fail.

Still waiting on Jack to answer 523.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Gah!!!

Stop defending me Prana.

I'm all for my lynch. I mean the mafia is not going to kill me 'cause I'm "scummy" since I chose to lurk until I had something to add. So I found the game boring...definitely a scum tell. So each day that I live the mafia are going to use me as a distraction and say that I still could be scum.

I'm pretty disappointed in SS and Pom...I don't quite understand them. I mean what the hell am I supposed to do?
Hey guys I'm not scum, here's my pm.
'Cause really that's the only way anyone is going to believe anything.

Deflection is not a defense!!!
, yells the fruit.

Isn't that the whole point of the game? Person A says XXX is scummy 'cause ____ Person B says this person is scummy 'cause ____ so on and so forth until a vote is met.

I find in rather pathetic that I'm scummier than Jack and Espy but w/e.

All I can say is that I'm 100% VT and maybe tomorrow you guys can actually scum hunt.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

PranaDevil wrote:Only reason I'm defending you Nero is I'm getting frustrated that we're going to let Espy walk in favour of lynching someone over absolutely sweet eff all. It's ridiculous. Just like the piss poor case on Looker was.
Of course it is but they think they are better and can't be wrong so let 'em be wrong. 1 townie is not going to matter, townies are going to get lynched. This game is as much as a process of elimination.
DemonHybrid wrote:Nero, I don't believe that you are a VT.
VT's are the MINORITY in this game according to that huge discussion Pom and I had. It's pretty evident that you're mafia at this point.
That's bullshit. Every game I've played here is VT heavy. In a 18 player game I seriously doubt its power role heavy.

If I come up as VT you seriously need to be tomorrow's lynch.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

singersigner wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:If I come up as VT you seriously need to be tomorrow's lynch.
Now's not the time to be speculating as to what
your
flip will be. Shouldn't you know?
Yes I do. I told you I'm VT. So here's the scenerio; I get lynched and come up VT. Who do you go after?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

curiouskarmadog wrote: another good bet is that Nero is quite town.
if only the rest of you understood that.

Not that it matter what I think but I still find DH scummy and I'm starting to suspect Pom.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

excellent game Lew

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”