The I don't play anymore thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:25 am

Post by Ojanen »

Vetting the playerlist is essential. If enough of them are good players, it's likely you'll have fun by teaming up/mindstorming with at least a couple of them. 1 bad case of idiotism plus 2-3 milder cases of VI rarely suffices to destroy the game, a couple of VIs often help with creating initial scatterplots of reactions. Form a band of obvtown and have fun steamrolling/PoEing through the rest.
Careful with non-invitational larges (especially themes) - hardest game type to find that isn't dominated by mindless yelling/a too large percentage of VIs starting or replacing in.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Ojanen »

RichardGHP wrote:If people actually quit their whinging, and taught VIs what /not/ to do, then we wouldn't be having this problem or conversation.
There's no list.
The VI stops being one to me the minute he/she actually cares about the game. All the problems (having little consciousness about what has happened/the rules, paying no attention to anything, not being able to listen, saying obv stuuuuupid things, playing against your wincon) are solved by a just little effort, like checking the thread back if your memory sucks, making a tiny effort to think whether your idea is obvstupid before posting it. I used to really like replacing in newbie games. I have no problem with raw players. That's a different beast to not caring, playing idiotic. Someone who doesn't care has minimal intentions, and that's incredibly frustrating to read.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”