The I don't play anymore thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #68 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:16 am

Post by mykonian »

JD wrote:Survivalism =/= effective town play
you
do
listen to me sometimes!
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #126 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:42 am

Post by mykonian »

Friend wrote:It's bad, Flay, but when people put things like "The VI has arived" [sic] in their signatures, they're not going to change, and policy lynching them is just another probable mislynch if you're playing the odds.
Normal lynches have a certain accuracy, which we hope is better then a random lynch.
VI's are a distraction and the chance that their vote later in the game will help lynch scum is pretty much the same as a random vote. That this is terrible for town can be seen for example in lylo. Because of this, VI's will lower the expectancy value of lynches to come.

conclusion: if the person is stupid enough, or the town good enough, policy lynching is the best way to win.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:58 am

Post by mykonian »

Ojanen wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:If people actually quit their whinging, and taught VIs what /not/ to do, then we wouldn't be having this problem or conversation.
There's no list.
The VI stops being one to me the minute he/she actually cares about the game. All the problems (having little consciousness about what has happened/the rules, paying no attention to anything, not being able to listen, saying obv stuuuuupid things, playing against your wincon) are solved by a just little effort, like checking the thread back if your memory sucks, making a tiny effort to think whether your idea is obvstupid before posting it. I used to really like replacing in newbie games. I have no problem with raw players. That's a different beast to not caring, playing idiotic. Someone who doesn't care has minimal intentions, and that's incredibly frustrating to read.

With this knowledge (that a person who doesn't want to improve is annoying) something can be done.

As a mod, you have the responsibility of creating a fun game for your players. You serve them, post counts for them, and let them play the game
they
want. If they want a powerrole invested game with 2 cops and 2 godfathers, you'll give it to them if you are a good mod. If they want no PR's, the same. If they don't want to play with VI's, you'll make sure no VI's enter.

And mods have been given a tool for this. A mod can decide if a certain player can /in. Now if multiple players are known that they don't want to play with a certain VI, a good mod should stop that VI from entering the game. If more mods followed such a policy, you'd have games where no VI's where in, and you'd games where VI's were accepted. Disallowing certain players from joining your game based on the players that have already joined is not unfair. It is good modding, as it makes sure
everybody
enjoy's their games here more.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #151 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 am

Post by mykonian »

as far as I know, TBM didn't have any problem with the player list, he had problems with the game being destroyed by
someone else
who didn't do their homework.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”