sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:38 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Putting CKD's hammer to one side for a moment lets talk about massclaim.

Seeing the cop flip puts a spanner in the works because massclaim does nothing but outs the doc to be killed with no pro of getting a cop result. However, if the doc claims and we no counter we get a confirmed townie and a 50/50 chance of lynching scum out of the remaining four players.

If the doc claims and scum counters for the attempted quick win, it is also a 50/50 chance at lynching scum.

We think that it would be better to go for the 50% chance of lynching scum rather than a 40%. After the stupidly quick day that was yesterday, every little bit helps.

Thoughts?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mass claim is probably a worthwhile idea today since we're screwed anyhow. I don't see much of a downside other than hoping against hope that the doc would have a successful protect tonight, and I'd rather increase our chances of lynching scum than I would gamble on that at the moment.

Then again, we could also lynch ckd out of stupidity and play the game again with a reroll if we're wrong. :P

Ckd, links to said games where that move worked please.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

VP Baltar wrote:Mass claim is probably a worthwhile idea today since we're screwed anyhow. I don't see much of a downside other than hoping against hope that the doc would have a successful protect tonight, and I'd rather increase our chances of lynching scum than I would gamble on that at the moment.

Then again, we could also lynch ckd out of stupidity and play the game again with a reroll if we're wrong. :P

Ckd, links to said games where that move worked please.
I will have to dig it up, I know it was a game with Korts in (or modded by) it and my time is always limited...but remember I outed an SK.

VP are you saying you have never seen anyone fake hammer before? What was stupid about my play? I did not know the mod would except a vote on a player that wasnt in the game (why i deliberately mispelled name).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:24 am

VP Baltar wrote:

also interesting comment here on two levels.

one, you keep track of your wins and losses....why would you want to take a loss on a game without trying?

two, how do you know that the game will end with my lynch? You know I am town and we are in lylo?

looking forward to your explanation of the statement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:25 am

ignore the second one...

just noted the "if were wrong" at the end of the statement. :oops:
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
I will have to dig it up, I know it was a game with Korts in (or modded by) it and my time is always limited...but remember I outed an SK.
correction, I am getting the above confused with a different game...the gambit I pulled that caught the SK was in a neighbor QT thread, was with Konowa (not korts), and did not have to do with voting....

but I know I have done it before as town.....but even if I find it going through my games..isnt it all just WIFOM anyway?.....still looking though.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's not wifom because you stated the reason you did it was because you had successfully done it before. I want links.
ckd wrote:VP are you saying you have never seen anyone fake hammer before? What was stupid about my play? I did not know the mod would except a vote on a player that wasnt in the game (why i deliberately mispelled name).
1) I don't remember seeing it any games I've played other than broken
tags maybe. Certainly not like how you did it. It was stupid because look where we are now. Call me old fashioned, but you could have let us get at least some information out of the day instead of putting us at an immediate disadvantage. The fact that you didn't read the rules prior to trying your "trick" also makes it stupid, as most mods these days accept misspellings of names as long as it's clear who you intended to vote. I mean, even if I look at your own rules set from Dark Goma Mafia, I don't see anything about needing to spell names correctly. So, ultimately I don't see why you assumed your move would work here.
ckd wrote:why would you want to take a loss on a game without trying?
Even though I count my wins and losses in my wiki, I generally don't care too much about that ratio other than as a self-assessment tool to see if I need improvement in certain areas and as a record for posterity. Losing a game like this isn't going to hurt my feelings too much. That being said, it was mostly a joke, as indicated by the :P
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

I assumed it would work because a.) I sent the mod a PM stating the vote was fake and b.) I have done it before and the mod didnt have a problem I remember getting a pm stating "thanks for letting me know"....

at any rate, I have played about 70 games on site...I am looking...

question though VP, I am assuming you are impling I am scum...that being said, do you think I mispelled the name by accident and actually meant to hammer?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 am

and if I provide the link of doing it before (as town)...will that make you think I am town?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

is there anyway to list old game on site by name or number?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:is there anyway to list old game on site by name or number?
for example, I want to look up

Crackers! Mafia, how do I do that? i just linking completed games last year.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 am

edit, "just started"...sorry for quad posts.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Vi »

I don't necessarily think we're screwed, VP Baltar. 50/50 is better than it sounds.

I can tell this - based on time stamps, ckd obviously knew what he was doing.
There's no way that was a fakevote. No mod onsite would have NOT counted it.
I'm not even going into bringing the mod into this, although I'm sure the mod himself will have plenty to say after the game.

Large Themes don't have numbers, outside topic numbers.
I don't think meta evidence will say anything one way or the other though.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, ckd is claiming precedence as his reasoning for doing it, which is what I'm asking him to prove. The idea of fake voting is not something new, I just don't necessarily believe what he's saying as his reasoning. And screwed was hyperbole of course, but we're certainly in a very poor position game wise at the moment.

@ckd - I don't recall calling you scum at all. I'm simply trying to find out your reasoning. Did something I said make you think I'm calling you scum?
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:27 pm

well, you are implying that you dont believe me...if you dont believe me then you must think i am scum...but answer the question, do you think i mispelled the name and meant to hammer?

also, no one is answering my question how to look up old games...VP any clue how?..do games only go back to 2008?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:38 pm

I mean, I will find it if I thought it would do any good...but the issue is I cant find older games...the only reason I remembered I did this was because someone in a current game faked hammered (in a different way) and it reminded me that I had done that once with some success.

but lets say I find it...prove that I have indeed done it before....I did it as town, bought me some town cred at the time....what is to say that knowing that, i did try to do it here..again, gain the same credit as scum?...ooooorrrr, I did it here, didnt contact the mod, and would use this very defense as a defense...if I was in your shoes...I understand where you are at....it is all WIFOM.

I have made it easy for scum....they even knocked off Eq.....who, was voting me yesterday....looks like an open shut case

(shrug)..it is going to come down to do you think it was a gambit or not.

Vi, I take that you are ok with a massclaim then?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I think you have to go to the archive or something. IIrc, you have to access the archive folder (mafiascum.net/archive/) and then put the game link in the url to find anything.

I can see that you misspelled the name. I get the vibe that you really meant to hammer, but again, that's what I'm trying to figure out here. Also, not believing you doesn't necessarily equate to thinking you're scum. That's the most likely conclusion, but not the only one.
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm

well, if I am town, meant to hammer, and am now backtracking/lying to cover my ass, you have my premission to avoid every game I ever join....I hate it when town lie....in certian occasions I sort of get it...but over all, I will stop playing with someone who does it...like fake claim cop

either I am scum and meant to hammer...

or I am town and telling the truth....

those are really the only options.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:49 pm

oh jesus christ...I am now finding old games...but you cant sort the game by author in the game?..I will have to go page by page.....LOL....whatever i will try
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yer, it's kind of poo. I mean, you could iso all of your posts if you know what game you're looking for and that might help you find it faster, but if you're just searching in general it's not very user friendly. If you can just tell me the game, I'm sure I could find it (maybe).
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:02 pm

dont know the game..looking.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also, no one is answering my question how to look up old games...VP any clue how?..do games only go back to 2008?
Try this. I used it to complete my wiki, finding games all the way back from when I first joined.

As for the hammer, it looks purely intentional to me. Almost as if you saw the lynch-1 vote and wanted to take a crack to see if you hit power. You provide the town with no information and hope to WIFOM your way out of it like you are now. On top of that you say “Vi is never wrong” as if attempting to place blame at her feet while hammering. Yet another out for you.

Really I think you are pulling a gambit here and trying to get us to look past you simply because you miss spelled the name. I don't buy it. If you did PM the mod, why didn't you wait to see if he would or would not accept the vote?

I think you're scum trying for a quick win.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:34 pm

well shit...I found it...at least I found what I remembered as a vote....it was actually a vig.

mini 646
http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewto ... start=1000

post 7952, I had to say "daykill Korts"(recalled Korts right)...in this post I said kill by saying "Kill korts" with a fake kill

I PMed the mod and said that that I was purposely doing it different to fake kill and see what happens..mod said it was fine.

some of the similiarities are same post I ask.
"you are dead my friend...care to tell me who your other partner is?"

here I ask..
curiouskarmadog wrote:@SK, want to just make this easy on us and tell us who your partner is?
same page, I told Korts I caught him becasue of a "scum slip" and ask him "Hey korts, want to know what your slip was?" I was just trying to get him to admit guilt.

After I figured he was town, I shot my other suspect and it scum.....

Also, I immediately started asking everyone what they thought of my speedy kill, was trying to gauge reaction and see who would attack me preflip..... i started to do the same thing here...in this game.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:@SK: I have a feeling you are trying somewhat the same gambit I did on Trade Mafia, claiming scum and still being able to survive =)
It's
L-1
. No one hammers until everyone has a say in this.
uh oh, I hammered, does that make me scummy?

anyway....it wasnt a misspell or a vote. I know I have seen it done or tried to do it myself and will keep looking for it...but I am pretty sure I was remembering this game as a misspelled vote.

check it out for yourself...I have got to go to bed tired of reading old mafia games.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

The game does give you some creditability, but the sticking point for me is why didn't you wait to hear back from the mod? From your explanation in your last post, it sounds like you PM'ed the mod first and made sure it was okay first, before trying your gambit. Why not this time round?

I just see too much motive for scum wanting a quick day to try and hit power and screw the town over all in one go.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

I don't buy CKD's town gambit at all. No mod would allow voting tricks like that. I think there are more incentives for scum to have made a quick hammer like that in this game, where there is a godfather, thus CKD is likely godfather.

As for mass claiming, I don't see any reason not to. If we mislynch today a doctor wouldn't help either way so I say the doctor comes out and claim.
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Open Games”