don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: katsuki

foolish vote is foolish. you're supposed to vote your scumbuddy in the rvs. that way when we lynch you, we can refer back to it and see who you voted for. derp.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:35 am

Post by don_johnson »

Katsuki wrote:
Unvote, Vote DJ

MY OTHER SCUMBUDDY IS TANS. JUST SAYING.
open set-up is open.

unvote, vote tans

lets see if you're right.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:50 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: robo

i hope this is one of those "omg you guys who wagoned me are all scum" gambits. those are awesome.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

tanstalas wrote:
I'm content with my RVS vote ATM though since after I voted DJ he voted me, OMGUS much?
no. not much at all. katsuki said you were their scumbuddy. i hadn't even noticed that you voted me tbh. in fact, i am just now noticing that my wagon is getting llllaaaarrrrrrrrgger.

mallow: can you explain your comment? yours seems to be the only non-random vote and i don't quite understand what you are saying. i didn't make any "statement". i was referring to robo's self-proposed robo wagon.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by don_johnson »

robo attacks are laughable. he said "c'mon people, say something." he wasn't "implying" a lack of scumhunting, he was
directly addressing
a
lack of activity

katsuki wagon HO!

unvote, vote: katsuki
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

katsuki lynch will save the mod the trouble of finding a replacement. followed by the giant AtE i see no reason not to lynch kat. you just dug your replacement a nice hole. way to go.

in other news: jessesheffield is not voting.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

CSL: just stay in. we can just lynch dms. katsuki is scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i would hammer if i could. might as well try:

unvote, vote drmyshottyizsik

*crosses fingers*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by don_johnson »

no we didn't.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by don_johnson »

thats just funny right there.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by don_johnson »

it just comes naturally.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: jessesheffiled
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 am

Post by don_johnson »

i thought shotty was scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

Post by don_johnson »

i may have thought it amusing, but that doesn't change the fact that i thought he was going to flip scum. i had some second thoughts, but i had made my mind up to ride out the vote for a while in hopes that he was putting on an act. as it turns out, he broke the rules and damaged the goods. why didn't you scumhunt at all on day 1?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:35 am

Post by don_johnson »

shotty got modkilled. i didn't have a chance to "say something about it". i thought his slot was likely scum. i voted him. he thought he was hammered and said "gg i'm town". i weighed the chances of it being the truth or a gambit. i went with it being a gambit and decide to leave my vote on to see where it went. shotty broke the rules and got himself modkilled. so do you plan on scumhunting today? because so far you said that nothing scummy happened on day 1, but you seem to have an issue with the one guy who is voting you today. and that issue seems to revolve around events from yesterday(which was the day that nothing scummy happened according to you). anytime you want to start working, feel free.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:49 am

Post by don_johnson »

oh... right... voting you is scummy. :)

it helps if you actually read the thread. i voted katsuki. shotty replaced katsuki. katsuki replaced out with a giant AtE on top of his poor play. my "revote" was a joke. i didn't buy shotty's response as legit. where's the disconnect? is it my fault that shotty broke the rules and got modkilled?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

Post by don_johnson »

not sure what you mean jesse. i voted katsuki because they seemed like they were scum. shotty came in and didn't improve the slot. the "revote" was a joke, and an obvious one at that. again, where's the disconnect? i never claimed the "revote" was serious. i simply said that i weighed the chances of shotty's little "gg i'm town" post as being gambit or sincere. i felt there was a good chance that it was a gambit. hence i didn't move the vote that i originally placed on katsuki for his poor play and AtE replacement. if you hadn't noticed, katsuki is posting on the site. replacing out like that with a giant AtE is scummy, especially if the replacement is selective. then shotty got himself modkilled. if you think my vote on shotty was scummy, why didn't you say anything yesterday? why did you wait until i voted you today? sorry, but my vote stands.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by don_johnson »

U asked whether or not I thought shotty was scum. I answered u. I thought the odds were in favor of him flipping scum. I never said I had a foolproof case or anything like that. I simply answered ur question. U asked if the lynch was a policy lynch or if I thought the slot was scum. I thought the slot had a relatively good chance of being scum. So whatever. from my pov, you started the conversation when u asked the question.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by don_johnson »

JesseSheffield wrote:Er, no. I was asking Robocopter, whom I was having a back and forth with, if he thought shotty was scum. Because to me it seemed like a policy lynch and that would violate his "vote only scum" policy. I actually didn't even realize you thought you were answering my question until just now, I thought you just decided to throw that out there. So since Robocopter hasn't responded yet (and I'm still waiting for his response) I decided to expose you for lying about your vote being for scum (which I still think is accurate).
you are entitled to your opinion. i was voting who i thought scummiest at the time. if you don't believe me, there is nothing i can do to change your mind.
jesse wrote:Why would you have assumed I was asking you? All you did was through out a random vote. I don't reply to random votes because they're a waste of time talking about.
i thought you were asking everyone. i voted you to start the day because i noticed you had not voted all of day 1 and i felt your contribution was lacking. good a place to start as any. i thought you were attacking me because i voted you. oh well. do you have any scum reads?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by don_johnson »

JesseSheffield wrote:I find it interesting that you assumed I was attacking you just because you voted for me, with no reasoning behind it at that.
i voted you. you then attacked me for answering your question. whats "interesting" about it?
jesse wrote:As far as scum reads go you're on my list to watch simply because it seems like you vote with the purpose to not attract attention to yourself by not posting any reasoning behind your votes.
as opposed to you who does not vote at all.
jesse wrote: I don't see any pro-town advantage to voting without reason.
it generates pressure. pressure stimulates conversation. conversation results in information we can later sift through to discover who is scum and who is not. just because i don't post a reason with a vote, doesn't mean the vote is without reason. but this may be a theory disagreement.
jesse wrote: tanstalas' attack on shotty was ABSOLUTELY ridiculous and totally backwards. The idea that Katsuki replaced because she's scum in this game and would leave her team at a disadvantage is just plain stupid. Probably the most opportunistic case/wagon I've ever seen. I'm waiting to see what mothrax follows up with on the shotty wagon to place judgment on them. Commie needs to get their ass back here and jmurph feels opportunistic to me too.
the replacement was "selectively" reserved to this game alone as far as i can tell. i have seen scum replace out of tough spots before. i'll have to reread the entire day to see where the context falls.
jesse wrote:If I had to pick one as being the scummiest I'd pick tanstalas.
thanks for participating. :wink:

robo: why do you want to vote me? and why do you think there would be another modkill?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by don_johnson »

JesseSheffield wrote:
don_johnson wrote:i voted you. you then attacked me for answering your question. whats "interesting" about it?
It's interesting that you'd think a meaningless vote would somehow, magically generate discussion. And I attacked you for lying, not for answering my question, get it straight.
it is your opinion that i lied. you seem to conveniently ignore that i voted katsuki. you seem to think that for some reason your opinion is more credible than mine. there is no evidence to make it so. who said a meaningless vote would generate discussion? whose vote is "meaningless"?
jesse wrote:
don_johnson wrote:as opposed to you who does not vote at all.
Yet I generate conversation, correct?
did i say you didn't? you certainly didn't on day 1. you didn't do anything on day 1. you didn't even vote. now that you are participating you can say that. interesting how that works.
jesse wrote:
don_johnson wrote:the replacement was "selectively" reserved to this game alone as far as i can tell. i have seen scum replace out of tough spots before. i'll have to reread the entire day to see where the context falls.
You think Katsuki was in a tough spot?
yes. at the time, i was reading him as caught scum.
Robocopter87 wrote:
I want to vote you because of your vote. Just look at it.
i don't need to look. i voted the least active player imo. considering the bandwagon analysis is compromised due to a modkill, i don't see how its a bad place to start.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by don_johnson »

CSL: please pay attention. jesse had 8 posts day one. none of which contained votes. the only time he hinted at a vote was this:
jesse wrote:I'm also considering voting Katsuki...because I don't like him. It's terrible reasoning but whatever at this point.
for someone who claims to put such weight on a vote, that seems like a piss poor reason to vote, don't ya think?

before that, jesse also points out that he is the only one who didn't random vote.
jesse wrote:I vote to lynch. I don't do the whole RVS or any of that. I rarely policy lynch but occasionally I will.
ok. so was he joking when he said he wanted to vote katsuki?
jesse wrote:My prior post should not include the word don't but either way that doesn't change my policy that I only vote to lynch.
more "i only vote to lynch". good policy. so why did he threaten the earlier katsuki vote? was it around the time that katsuki was getting voted by others?

jesse also seems to dislike my vote on kat, but at least two other players shared the same reasoning for my vote. in fact:
robo wrote:I thought Shotty was scum.
Also he was modkilled but still. I literally thought he was scum.
considering i voted katsuki with the same reasons, why does jesse seem to be targeting me today?
robo wrote:Total BS on this one.

What about jmurph? Lowell? CommieX?

Just look at page 3. Me and Jesse were brawlin it out. If you are going to accuse him of low activity, might as well accuse me too.

And what bout yourself? You haven't done that much either!
sorry, didn't mean to accuse him of low activity. i am accusing him of activity with no benefit. fluff posting. not voting. etc. imo he was the most useless player on day 1 and one of only two players not voting at the end of the day(though the day was shortened). i felt it was a good place to start.

its not like i'm making a major case out of it. but i will certainly defend my stance here. jesse states he only "votes to lynch", i vote for a plethora of reasons. mainly because i feel it generates pressure which generates discussion which makes players come out of their holes and take sides. then when a player flips you can go back and look at where everyone was. some people call it voting analysis. but what do i know...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

i voted. he did not. there is no comparison. but whatever.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

I rarely FOS. I prefer to vote.

Jessie: if my vote was meaningless then why has it been such a big deal?

unvote , vote jmurph
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:50 am

Post by don_johnson »

Robo: your vote was on the same player for the same reasons. Please explain what's "scummy" about it.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by don_johnson »

dj wrote:katsuki lynch will save the mod the trouble of finding a replacement. followed by the giant AtE i see no reason not to lynch kat. you just dug your replacement a nice hole. way to go.
robo wrote:Katsuki is being stupid. Scummy leave right there. My vote stays.
we both agreed that katsuki was being stupid. we both agreed that his leaving was scummy. please clarify your question to me, because i don't see any difference between what you did yesterday and what i did yesterday.
robo wrote:Well so many people inactive D_J, yet you voted Jesse for no content?
day started. i scrolled up the screen and looked at the ending votecount. jesse and a2 were not voting. a2 was dead. thus, vote jesse. it certainly helped get the game moving. not sure what the issue is.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by don_johnson »

first, i don't believe i said it was "scummy" per se. i use my vote as an investigation tool. if you'll notice, it has since moved. i support the jmurph wagon at this time. see? my vote is producing a trail of my suspicions.

not voting leaves no trail of evidence. votes can serve as proof of suspicion. i.e. if jesse goes the whole game without voting or expressing suspicion, how would you determine his alignment? voting moves the game forward by applying pressure, forcing others to take a stand as to whether or not they support particular cases, and are the only way in which town can successfully rid itself of scum(vigilantes aside of course.) it is a core component to the game of mafia. theory discussion without voting = fluff.

imo my vote on jesse brought him into the open and has forced him to participate. he disagrees, so whatever.
robo wrote:The difference is that was all you did while I didn't just vote Katsuki, I discussed other matters also.
again: not my fault he got modkilled. day was shortened. also, the matters you discussed were irrelevant imo. kind of lik i feel that your pursuing of this matter is also irrelevant as you are ignoring the crux of my questioning:

how is my vote "scummy" and yours is not when the votes were FOR THE EXACT SAME REASONING? your answer of "well,
i
was having an irrelevant theory discussion with jesse" is lacking...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:56 am

Post by don_johnson »

wow. i expected much more thought from you. that's pretty poor. :roll:

votes are never "meaningless". and this:
jesse wrote:Because scum throw meaningless votes out to not attract attention to themselves.
is called wifom. sometimes scum are extremely cautious with their votes so as not to attract attention.

grade: D -

anytime the other half of the playerset wants to chime in, we can continue. a jmurph response to the arguments raised against them would be good form.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by don_johnson »

all of my votes have had reasoning behind them.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by don_johnson »

the first vote was a joke. i was already voting that player slot. the vote i had placed on that player slot had reasoning behind it.

the vote on you had reasoning as well. just because i didn't post the reasoning with the vote, doesn't mean the vote is void of reason.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ah, but attaching reasoning directly to your vote, also gives scum the oppurtunity to piggyback a case. you seem well versed in wifom. its a shame you are so egocentric. there is more than one way to play the game of mafia. reasoning is not "useless" regardless of when it is presented. it is up to others to decide if the "reasoning" in question is good or bad. its placement in thread does not affect its efficacy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:10 am

Post by don_johnson »

JesseSheffield wrote:You don't have a case if you don't post reasoning! Again, not posting reasoning allows time to formulate a reactive answer to the question of what the reasoning behind a meaningless vote is. It's perfect strategy for liars because they don't have to worry about getting caught saying something they don't want to say.
if i don't post a case then scum has nothing to piggyback. they have to think for themselves. for some reason, you seem to be applying guilt/innocence based on the timing of a player giving reasoning. this is inherently flawed. good players will read the thread, and though one may
include the idea of timing
when making a decision, a good player will not make a decision on a players reasoning based
solely
on timing, as you are doing now.
jmurph3 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:jmurph response to the arguments raised against them would be good form.
Note how two posts above you I said that I'm V/LA. Note also how I addressed my vote on Shotty. Anything else?
i was referring to the case brought against you by another player. v/la posts don't count as participation and/or responses. someone voted you. i added my vote because i thought the argument made sense. i would like to see a response to that initial argument. do you think it is valid/invalid? do you think it is a case brought against you by town or scum?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

dj is acting like dj. nothing scummy about voting in a game like this...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:21 am

Post by don_johnson »

Not claiming meta. Just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with my play.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

No reason to be a douche-bag. Voting and participating is protown. Please explain why a Jesse vote or a jmurph vote Is bad.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:10 am

Post by don_johnson »

Robocopter87 wrote:
Just because you vote doesn't mean you are scum.
Participating is good, though that doesn't mean you are scum.
And just because he didn't vote doesn't mean he is town.
^^ fixed for truthfulness.
robo wrote:Jesse vote was bad. You had no backing to it, and when you did provide backing, it was false. Jesse did participate and provide content.
jesse didn't vote. his participation did not help the game move forward. please reread my reasons again as you seem to be misunderstanding or deliberatly misrepresenting them.

also, please do an iso analysis of jesse's day 1 posts and explain which ones ring town to you and how they helped the game.
not paying attention wrote:This makes no sense. If he thought you hammered, why would he fake reveal? The mod is going to confirm his status anyway, it makes no sense to lie about it.
please pay attention. if he knew he wasn't hammered, he could have taken the oppurtunity to say "gg i'm town" making others think he didn't realize he hadn't been hammered and thus thought he was truly hammered, which in fact, he wasn't, and was well aware of. see? it happens all the time.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by don_johnson »

sorry zed, i guess i just don't understand what you're not getting. i voted katsuki. katsuki selectively replaced out under pressure. shotty came in and didn't improve the slot. i joke voted, shotty said "gg i'm town." i didn't buy it. i wasn't anywhere near 100% on the read, but i certainly didn't see any reason to let up the pressure on the slot. i didn't see any reason not to let others vote and lynch shotty. people seem real bent out of shape about this and i don't understand why.

robo: learn to take a joke. i fixed your quote to show that it is complete wifom. please do an iso analysis of jess on day 1 and explain why he is sooo protown.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by don_johnson »

from your pov, maybe, but how does that make my vote scummy? to support your assertion you need to show how jesse looked protown
to everyone
. if he only looked protown to you, then your argument holds no water. from my pov, the argument was nothing but a theory discussion which had no bearing on the outcome of the day. in other words, it looked like "fluff" to me. couple that with the absence of a single vote and you have what i refer to as "low content/anti-town/possibly scummy/worthy of a vote to start day 2".
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by don_johnson »

*facepalm*
dj wrote:
from my pov, the argument was nothing but a theory discussion which had no bearing on the outcome of the day. in other words, it looked like "fluff" to me. couple that with the absence of a single vote and you have what i refer to as "low content/anti-town/possibly scummy/worthy of a vote to start day 2".
i even bolded it so you could see it better. i am stunned and amazed that you didn't see this the first time.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Zed wrote:don, I get what you are saying. The trouble is you aren't getting that there are other possibilities.
sure i am. jesse could be town. shotty obviously
was
town, but hindsight is 20/20. what other possibilities am i not exploring? my vote isn't even on jesse atm. i'm not tunneling, i'm asnwering any and all questions directed at me, i am interacting as best i can with my suspects etc. etc. not sure what else i can do...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

anytime you want to do that iso of jesse and explain how the "theory" conversation helped town, i am all ears.

again, if you want to call my day 1 play "scummy" then you should realize that your day 1 play consisted of exactly what my day consisted of barring the "theory" discussion you had with jesse. you voted the same player, for the same reasons, and made the same comments in reference to the wagon that i did in response to jesse's day 2 question. i never said i "accomplished" anything. i said that i don't think a jesse vote is scummy. the guy didn't vote on day 1. if you would be so kind as to do the iso analysis of jesse on day 1, you might find that i am actually making sense.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

Robo: noone accomplished anything. Day ended with a modkill.

Zed: I answered that. I thought it was just as likely that shotty was gambitting as it was likely that he was being sincere. I thought the slot was likely to flip scum and shotty did nothing to change my mind.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 am

Post by don_johnson »

I voted the player slot I found scummiest. Thereby leaving evidence of my suspicions in thread for all to see.

Robo: not sure why this is so difficult for you. From my pov the discussion you had with Jesse was completely irrelevant to what was going on in the thread at that time. It was a theory discussion that has no bearing on the outcome of the day. It had nothing to do with current events or with scumhunting. You may as well have been talking about rainbows and fuckin unicorns. At the start of day 2 I voted Jesse because I was thoroughly unimpressed with his day 1 play.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 am

Post by don_johnson »

Robo: your case on me is based on my Jesse vote. This occurred on day2. U claim now to have amassed a list of town and scum from day 1. Please share with is some of those reads. Even one will suffice.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by don_johnson »

not answering my question is scummy, robo.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

dj wrote:Robo: your case on me is based on my Jesse vote. This occurred on day2. U claim now to have amassed a list of town and scum from day 1. Please share with is some of those reads. Even one will suffice.
and then there's this:
mothrax wrote:Do you have any other suspicions you would be willing to share robo?
If not can you give me a point by point of why DJ is scum?
on top of that, you have basically dodged this:
mallow wrote:Robo what did you accomplish day 1?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jmurph wrote:At DJ: who is your top suspect besides me and Jesse, and why?
i don't really have jesse under the microscope at this time. robo is steadily climbing the charts here and CSL would be my other scum read at this time. when looking at the incomplete bandwagon on day one i wuld say his vote seemed like the "most likely to coast", but i need to go back and iso as reading trumps memory every time. also, he seems to be ignoring the crux of the suspicion against me today and just pushing for votes. normally, i wouldn't find this behavior as scummy, and i think it becomes harder to hunt scum with two scum teams, because scum has little incentive to stay off of a lynch or defend a townie. i.e. scum can be scummy and hope the player they are pushing flips as a member of the other scum team. Not sure if i'm wording that right, but does that make sense? normally scum try and avoid townie lynches(obv not all the time), but in this game, they can't be sure of anyones alignment, so there is more incentive to push lynches. if they happen to ride a scum lynch, then they come out looking better. if its a townie, oh well, another step closer to victory.

unvote, vote: robocopter

townies work together. townies answer each others questions. townies admit when they are tunneling. you have done none of these things.

and jmurph, no. that was not the case, but we can get back to it later.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Robocopter87 wrote:
dj wrote:Robo: your case on me is based on my Jesse vote. This occurred on day2. U claim now to have amassed a list of town and scum from day 1. Please share with is some of those reads. Even one will suffice.
Thats not even a question. No. I ain't sharin reads.
its a request. don't argue semantics. if you don't want to share thats fine. my vote stays.

robo wrote:
D_J wrote:and then there's this:
mothrax wrote:Do you have any other suspicions you would be willing to share robo?
If not can you give me a point by point of why DJ is scum?
This is not your question DJ, sorry I didn't see this one. I'll answer it, but right now I gotta go. I will present my case on D_J. That is a promise.
didn't say it was my question, just pointing out that you didn't answer it either.
robo wrote:
D_J wrote: on top of that, you have basically dodged this:
mallow wrote:Robo what did you accomplish day 1?
Go back and read, I answered this.
[/quote]

again, evidence is your friend. if you can't prove the answer, you may as well tell us that unicorns live in idaho.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (isolation #47) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by don_johnson »

CSL should have contributed something useful by now. what happened?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

if it comes down to me or mothrax, i'll vote mothrax with you. reading his iso i didn't realize his "kat was my biggest suspect from day 1, uh, even though i never mentioned it..."

i see your point on robo. however, CSL is holding a box, saying its got something useful inside, but refusing to open it while coasting on a piss poor vote.

unvote, vote: CSL

you try much harder when you're town. and no, this is not a "meta" case. its me using common sense.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

jesse wrote:Actually that's incorrect. I vote to lynch. I don't do the whole RVS or any of that.
I rarely policy lynch but occasionally I will.
jesse wrote:Vote: DJ

Because I have NO idea how we're going to make it through this game with players as ridiculous as you. I don't think you're the scummiest player but you're in my top three and considering there's four scum that's good enough for me.
And I think you'd be the most beneficial dead to the town
your reasons here are for basically not liking my playstyle. not really a whole lot of "you're scum because.." in our back and forth. you just didn't like my vote, all the while saying tans was "scummy". bolded is the part that can be read as a "policy" type reason to lynch.
jesse wrote:Scum play all different types of ways and like I said I don't think you're the highest likelihood of being scum but you're pretty darn close. That combined with the fact that you're probably the best lynch of the day cemented my vote for you.
again, no backing as to
why
i'm "the best lynch of the day". more emphasis on the likelihood that i am not actually scum as well.
jesse wrote:So Unvote, Vote: Lowell

For being hypocritical scum attempting to cruise through this game providing nothing to be incriminated on and just generally being an extremely unhelpful player.
Whether that's on purpose or not I'm more than happy with that being grounds of a lynch
again, the bolded sounds more like "policy" reasons to lynch someone. also, please note that this vote
also
carries the allusion to his suspect being town as opposed to scum. its not terribly odd, but for someone who claims to vote "scum" and onnly "rarely" policy lynch, it seems jessesheffield has voted for two players with mainly "policy" type reasoning, all the while avoiding placing a vote on his top suspect: tanstalas.

thoughts?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 am

Post by don_johnson »

you missed the point of my post entirely. you say you rarely policy lynch. you vote for scum. yet instead of voting your top scum read(tans), you have voted both lowell and myself for what seem to be much closer to policy reasoning than anything else. so whatever...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

Loud and clear. Why haven't you voted your top suspect then? Why are you choosing two "policy" lynches over scum?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by don_johnson »

You're dodging the issue. What your cases are now is not the issue. You NEVER voted your "top" suspect.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Yes. Please pay attention.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by don_johnson »

^^ see? right there, you chose tans as the "scummiest. but you didn't vote him. instead you waited and placed your vote on me, which at the time, was basically a "policy" type vote.

can someone other than jesse comment on my earlier post? i don't do these ground-breaking iso analysis' for nothing ya know...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 am

Post by don_johnson »

i got it. you prefer policy lynching over lynching people you find scummy. completely contrary to what you said earlier in the game during your fluffy, theory discussion with robo on day 1.

unvote, vote: jesse

not sure whether you are chainsawing for CSL or moth, but your attacks on lowell and myself are baseless, reek of policy, and run contradictory to your own expressed opinions.

would love some more comments on this...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #56) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 am

Post by don_johnson »

yeah. people always joke about it, but noone pays attention when i post actual thought out posts. so whatever. sheffield is full of shit(no offense). and noone seems to care, even when i point it out. whats the point of putting effort into the game when... hm. i think i need an alt. this reputation seems to kill my game.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #57) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:09 am

Post by don_johnson »

okay. i think jesse is the scummiest.

unvote, vote mothrax
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (isolation #58) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 am

Post by don_johnson »

no. you said X is scummiest, then you voted Y. if i'm full of shit, then you're full of shit. thats how logic works. you can't just make things up...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

hows about not?

again, the timing between the accusation and the vote only make it
more
suspect. did you question tans? did you vote tans?, did you pursue the player you thought was "scummiest"?

no. no .no. you sat around and waited to jump all over another player with a "policy" type vote. from someone who claims to "rarely policy lynch", your votes on both me and lowell(which reek of policy reasoning), seem counterproductive to your alleged playstyle. its a valid point. and you're not addressing it. you are avoiding it.

WHY DID YOU NEVER VOTE THE PLAYER YOU FOUND SCUMMIEST AND INSTEAD LAID DOWN TWO POLICY VOTES?

its only recently where you have begun to state that you think lowell or i may flip scum. your earlier reasoning was not as confident. your votes on both of us were "well, you might be town, but towns better off with players like you dead."

thats policy voting. from a guys who rarely does it, but has managed to do it with 100% of his votes this game.

please explain why zed has made you feel better about the tans slot?

was it when he was completely misunderstanding and misrepresenting my statements?

or was it one of these terribly insightful recent posts?
zed wrote:Sorry, I've been busy. Catching up and posting tomorrow
zed wrote:Sorry guys, didn't realize it had been that long. Doing a reread in a little, I'll be posting some thoughts
zed wrote:So, I reread. It isn't very complete because I don't have a lot of time tonight. But the basic thing I'm thinking is, I have no idea what to think about anyone. I'm finding it difficult to get a read on anyone, and maybe it is just because I replaced it (this is my first one, and the game feels very different to me). I do have time when I'm on the bus in the morning, usually, so I'll be reading again and looking at more detail if I get the chance.
hmmmmmm?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote don_johnson

Zed had no idea what be was talking about. His entire first few posts resulted from him misunderstanding what I said. Go ahead and lynch me. Ur scum and the other scum team will kill u tonight. I'm done posting in circles. U know I won't flip scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (isolation #61) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 am

Post by don_johnson »

the way both jesse and robo were attacking me had me peg them as scum. more positive on jesse, but the old "lightning rod" gambit never works out the way it should. glad to see town pull it off. brosius and ckd, well done.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #62) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:19 am

Post by don_johnson »

yeah, i'd say you played good, man, but you are usually nicer to me, so when you started in it made me think. i was way more sure of jesse tbh, but i got bad vibes from you. gut wins games. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Open Games”