Mini 1058 - Vanilla Town Mafia (Strawberry Wins!)

Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Phaen »

She knows how to
play mafia
, she's just not attuned to what is scummy on this particular site. Newbie games
hardly
offer a great example of the way people normally play here anyway, since only maybe 1 of the players in each game is a regular. A scumdar carefully tuned for catching scum offsite or in newbie games would still need to be almost completely re-tuned upon switching. I've experienced it myself a couple weeks ago when I started playing (and failing) a game or two offsite.

If her play is
so terrible
(and it's not) I'd actually recommend she read some large mafiascum games, scumhunt along with everyone, and see if she's right at the end. I don't think replacing out helps anything except Benmage's anti-newb itch.
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Seacore »

Vote count 2.2

Benmage (3) -
Fenhl, [L], Wingless

LynchMePls (2) -
Zdenek, horrordude0215

horrordude0215 (1) -
Empking

[L] (4) -
Dekes, LynchMePls, Phaen, Benmage

With 10 alive, 6 votes were needed for the lynch

Deadline 8pm 14 October, countdown viewable here

Please do not encourage players to replace out. As it is, [L] has decided to replace out, so I'll start looking for a replacement.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

Mod ~ smargaret replaces [L]. Thanks smargaret.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Wingless wrote:Benmage has been suggesting [L] replace herself. He thought she was inexperienced. He wanted a beter player instead of [L]. But if someone thinks somebody was an inexperienced mafia, why would he suggest her to replace herself? If [L] is scum, he wants a better player to replace [L] as scum. I think that's scummy. It is likely that both are scum or both are town. Benmage could be simply just rude.

But to me he is the most suspicious person.
UNVOTE VOTE: Benmage
Well this is an odd interpretation. I think you are just searching for a reason to vote for someone for whom you think other people will also be willing to vote, and considering your almost complete lack of input up until now. I've got to:
Unvote LMP
Vote Wingless
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Benmage »

unvote
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 am

Post by Wingless »

Zdenek wrote:
Wingless wrote:Benmage has been suggesting [L] replace herself. He thought she was inexperienced. He wanted a beter player instead of [L]. But if someone thinks somebody was an inexperienced mafia, why would he suggest her to replace herself? If [L] is scum, he wants a better player to replace [L] as scum. I think that's scummy. It is likely that both are scum or both are town. Benmage could be simply just rude.

Well this is an odd interpretation. I think you are just searching for a reason to vote for someone for whom you think other people will also be willing to vote, and considering your almost complete lack of input up until now. I've got to:
Unvote LMP
Vote Wingless
I don't really get what you are talking, Zdenek. I am just searching for a reason to vote somebody, but everybody does that. I voted on the player that is the most suspicious too me now. But I must to say that i don't have any other evidences.

Why did you unvote Benmage?
Town: 1-2
Scum: 1-0(W/L).
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:39 am

Post by LimMePls »

Zdenek wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:So Zdenek, the problem with my play is 1) I made a long logical post about pro-town play and 2) I voted Zodiark for my own reasons, and didn't go and look at everyone elses? How on EARTH is that scummy?
Talking about protown play is null, I think, making long posts about it is a little scummy there is no reason to try so hard to appear town if you are town. Additionally, making almost purely logical statements is scummy because it is so careful.

The problem isn't that you voted for Zodiark for your own reasons, it's that you didn't care about other people's reasons. It's scummy because it shows that you weren't that interested in his alignment, but rather just in finding a reason to vote for him. If you are town you should be looking at other people's reasons for their votes in order to understand why the accused is acting in a certain way, rather than just basing what they are doing off of their reactions to your accusations.
Wow, this is simply stunning.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:41 am

Post by LimMePls »

horrordude0215 wrote:And if everyone would notice, LMP has yet to comment on my points against him.
True. Because they are absurd. In one case I'm being called a bandwagon "polly-wanna-cracker" and in the other I'm being attacked for making my own case and voting based on my own feelings.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

I'd like to get some information about Empking. He's been very silent.
This post is just plain awful. Scumtastic.

Unvote
Vote: Wingless

V/LA on weekends
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Empking »

LynchMePls wrote:

Unvote
Would you mind being more specific. I, for one, don't see it.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

Benmage asking a player to replace "if town" doesn't make Benmage more likely town or scum. Also, why is the likely conclusion that both are town or both are scum? I see no reason why Benmage asking for a replacement means one of them couldn't be town and the other scum. Lastly the "But to me he is the most suspicious person" reads like the vote isn't because of the other stuff, but because he is the most suspicious person. Wingless is grasping at straws.

The whole post is just awful.

V/LA on weekends
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Wingless »

LynchMePls wrote:Benmage asking a player to replace "if town" doesn't make Benmage more likely town or scum. Also, why is the likely conclusion that both are town or both are scum? I see no reason why Benmage asking for a replacement means one of them couldn't be town and the other scum. Lastly the "But to me he is the most suspicious person" reads like the vote isn't because of the other stuff, but because he is the most suspicious person. Wingless is grasping at straws.

Let me explain.
Let's suppose that Benmage is scum and [L] is town! Why does Benmage request a more experienced player to replace [L]? The more experienced players we have, the more likely we find scum. That's not logical for Benmage.
Let's suppose Benmage is town! He doesn't know anything about [L], but he is suspicious about her. He thinks she is scum. Replacing [L] the mafia becomes stronger. That's not good for him.

But, he can be just rude. In this case, he can't seriously think [L] is scum, because he wouldn't request a replacement. So he must think [L] is not very very likely to be mafia. In this case, [L] is a random guy, and is likely to be town.

So these 2 variations remain: both are scum or both are town([L] can be anything). I think Benmage is a good choice because he is more likely to be scum than anyone else.
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Wingless »

LynchMePls wrote:Lastly the "But to me he is the most suspicious person" reads like the vote isn't because of the other stuff, but because he is the most suspicious person. Wingless is grasping at straws.

And LynchMePls could you explain me what was the meaning of that sentence? Votes are on the most suspicious person. I completely didn't understand this: Wingless is grasping at straws.

So why is my post awful?
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:18 am

Post by smargaret »

Hi, I'm replacing L - but Benmage still won't like me, because by his reckoning, I'm also a newb. And even though I've read the game and have my suspicions, I'm not going to post anything more because I don't have a role PM yet.
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Wingless »

I forgot to mention that [L] and Benmage can be distancing appearing rude.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Benmage »

@LMP it absolutely clears me, but we can talk about that wine later....maybe endgame.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Wingless wrote:I forgot to mention that [L] and Benmage can be distancing appearing rude.
Hhahahahaaha (I think this straw was just out of reach)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Empking »

smargaret wrote:Hi, I'm replacing L - but Benmage still won't like me, because by his reckoning, I'm also a newb. And even though I've read the game and have my suspicions, I'm not going to post anything more because I don't have a role PM yet.

Oh please post. Then we can lynch you if your opinions change quickly.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

Wingless wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Lastly the "But to me he is the most suspicious person" reads like the vote isn't because of the other stuff, but because he is the most suspicious person. Wingless is grasping at straws.

And LynchMePls could you explain me what was the meaning of that sentence? Votes are on the most suspicious person. I completely didn't understand this: Wingless is grasping at straws.

So why is my post awful?
You wrote a paragraph explaining that Benmage/L must be town/town or scum/scum, which is simply absurd. Then you say "I'm voting the most suspicious person", which read to me like you were voting Benmage for other reasons.

Maybe this is a language barrier problem, but it reads more like you're just hunting convenient wagons, not actually trying to catch scum. You even admit that Benmage/L could be town/town, which implies to me that it is at worst a null tell. So what about it makes you so sure he is scum?

V/LA on weekends
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Benmage wrote:
unvote
You need to come and start posting content, like now.
LynchMePls wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:And if everyone would notice, LMP has yet to comment on my points against him.
True. Because they are absurd. In one case I'm being called a bandwagon "polly-wanna-cracker" and in the other I'm being attacked for making my own case and voting based on my own feelings.
You don't know what parroting is, do you? From what I can tell from your ISO, you've done nothing but mimic
EVERYONE ELSE'S POINTS

LynchMePls wrote:

Unvote
AND HE DOES IT AGAIN! SEE: POST 278.

LYNCH LMP TODAY, BEN TOMORROW, OTHER SCUM TBD AFTER THAT.

GGA
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

Benmage wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:My wagon is absolutely terrible. I guarantee at least one of them is scum. If I had to pick, it's Zdenek.
You ain't gonna be lynched today LMP don't worry
Why are you giving LMP a free pass for the day?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 am

Post by LimMePls »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Benmage wrote:
unvote
LynchMePls wrote:
You don't know what parroting is, do you? From what I can tell from your ISO, you've done nothing but mimic
EVERYONE ELSE'S POINTS

LynchMePls wrote:

Unvote
AND HE DOES IT AGAIN! SEE: POST 278.

LYNCH LMP TODAY, BEN TOMORROW, OTHER SCUM TBD AFTER THAT.

GGA
Hey dumbass, I was still catching up to the game. Check my ISO in any game, when I've missed a bit of time I comment on things as I read them, I don't read them all first and then comment. I hadn't seen 278.

V/LA on weekends
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Dekes »

Meh, I could actually be swayed towards a LMP lynch today.

I'd imagine he would play better as scum. But he is already resorting to insults and he's accusing Wingless of finding convenient wagons when in fact it was LMP who was on every wagon until it lost its steam only to hop on the next one. #296 is just...no. Using meta as an excuse for skimming, really?

Benmage and LMP would be awfully obvious buddying but eh, maybe they are that audacious.

Attacking Wingless is way too easy. I can follow her thought process and while it is unlucky and incorrect I don't see it as that scummy at all.

I don't get a good feeling by EmpKing. His Iso is just not productive at all. Some alibi questions here and there and openly claiming only to talk when being asked about something.

I disagree with Benmage on #255. That post by [L] (a shame she had to replace out, but maybe it really would be better for her to start in Newbie games...after all you have to cope with accusations and pressure a lot in mafia games) strikes me rather as newbtown than newbscum. I think newbscum would've tried harder to search for a reason to vote Benmage, no matter how far-fetched it would be.

I'm pretty sure I wanted to address one more point but I forgot what it was :/

So I'll just end it with

Unvote; Vote: LynchMePls
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by smargaret »

Okay, I have my role PM, and I can post now. I'm going to reread the thread and take notes this time, expect content from me before I go to bed tonight (hopefully by 2 am est).
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Benmage wrote:
unvote
:?: On what?
Zdenek wrote:
Benmage wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:My wagon is absolutely terrible. I guarantee at least one of them is scum. If I had to pick, it's Zdenek.
You ain't gonna be lynched today LMP don't worry
Why are you giving LMP a free pass for the day?
I don't have a scum read on him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”