This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:19 am

Post by This is not me »

oky now i complitly belive lyingbrian beacause i havnt a person as a role either,i have a group of persons too,like you have mafia,but i am not saying what i have....
The music freak :P
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:51 am

Post by BabyJesus »

LyingBrian wrote:O.k. a couple of things!

first, NanookTheWolf, i appreciate you asking for a role-claim BEFORE you cast the 5th vote. i have a pro-town role, and now you've set me up to be lynched.
FOS: NanookTheWolf

second, i don't trust the BabyJesus/Nai & bloojay/Tamuz/??? mason groups. too many "confirmed" townies. also, am i the only one who noticed Tamuz was trying to hint that he was a "cop", then when he saw my bandwagon was not gaining any steam, decided to come out as a "mason" to lynch me?

third, an official claim that no one bothered to ask for...(i appreciate the fairness)
[size=200]Billy Joel[/size] wrote:
Buddy Holly, "Ben-Hur", space monkey,
Mafia
my name is Mafia, i am a group of people that each night sends out 1 person to kill a player. i win with the town when the competition is killed (a.k.a. the real Mafia). in short, i am a Vigilante. (unfortunately, even though i am a group of people, i only have 1 life. i clarified this w/ the mod before the game began)

i did not submit a name N0, or N1 b/c i wanted to get a feel for the game first, and see who stood where.

as far as my eagerness to lynch somebody is concerned, that's my playing style, not an indication of my role. see my other games where i am a confirmed townie
:roll:
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:57 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

pretty risky to claim mafia
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:42 am

Post by LyingBrian »

BabyJesus wrote:
LyingBrian wrote:O.k. a couple of things!

first, NanookTheWolf, i appreciate you asking for a role-claim BEFORE you cast the 5th vote. i have a pro-town role, and now you've set me up to be lynched.
FOS: NanookTheWolf

second, i don't trust the BabyJesus/Nai & bloojay/Tamuz/??? mason groups. too many "confirmed" townies. also, am i the only one who noticed Tamuz was trying to hint that he was a "cop", then when he saw my bandwagon was not gaining any steam, decided to come out as a "mason" to lynch me?

third, an official claim that no one bothered to ask for...(i appreciate the fairness)
[size=200]Billy Joel[/size] wrote:
Buddy Holly, "Ben-Hur", space monkey,
Mafia
my name is Mafia, i am a group of people that each night sends out 1 person to kill a player. i win with the town when the competition is killed (a.k.a. the real Mafia). in short, i am a Vigilante. (unfortunately, even though i am a group of people, i only have 1 life. i clarified this w/ the mod before the game began)

i did not submit a name N0, or N1 b/c i wanted to get a feel for the game first, and see who stood where.

as far as my eagerness to lynch somebody is concerned, that's my playing style, not an indication of my role. see my other games where i am a confirmed townie
:roll:
well if you have any doubts, you could let me live & i could kill someone tonight to prove my claim...

i have 2 requests,

1) can 1 person unvote me just to give me some breathing room? on Day 1 after Bamboomancer claimed i unvoted for the same reason, just wondering if someone will return the courtesy

2)
mod
, can you retract the deadline please? i think we have enough discussion to keep the game moving...
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:17 am

Post by BabyJesus »

This is not me wrote:oky now i complitly belive lyingbrian beacause i havnt a person as a role either,i have a group of persons too,like you have mafia,but i am not saying what i have....
holy crap
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:26 am

Post by Iammars »

LyingBrian wrote:2)
mod
, can you retract the deadline please? i think we have enough discussion to keep the game moving...
Sure...

Deadline Retracted
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:22 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Iammars wrote:
LyingBrian wrote:2)
mod
Sure...

Deadline Retracted
vote renew deadline
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:16 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Nai wrote:Tamuz, you mis-spelled your own name in your coming out post.
I write my name both as Tamuz and Tamuzi, I'm actually more partial to Tamuzi and so I wrote it like that. Not that I would really be anal about anyone calling me either name or something spawning off of it, as long as I can tell which is which

Pata... you just flew up to #3 on my suspicions list.
Pata/TINM wrote:oky now i complitly belive lyingbrian beacause i havnt a person as a role either,i have a group of persons too,like you have mafia,but i am not saying what i have....

Not only do I know that your english is better than this (you even capitilized your 'I's on IRC, but that point is also bolshy. So you have a similar titled role and that makes him innocent because you are? Or are you implying that you too are a group of people, a mafia and you believe that he is mafia, because your group is mafia? That may be a stretch, or a twist, but it does display the irrelivancy/falliciousness of such logic.

Neither Iammars, nor any other experienced mod would make a game completely breakable by similarities in names so your point is moot, in fact it is suspect rather than beneficial. (and don't go citing my WOT, I'm not too experienced, and I overthought some assumptions, as well as it is bad form to discuss running games)[/quote]
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by bloojay »

LyingBrian wrote:well if you have any doubts, you could let me live & i could kill someone tonight to prove my claim...
well, see, at a certain point we have to stop doing this. we've already done it twice, once with me and once with BJ. third time's the charm, though, and you made an incredibly risky claim there.

but then again, TINM is pulling a risky move as well. spelling stuff wrong? a run-on sentence? maybe its some kind of post restriction, but like Tamuz said, you're very cryptic right now.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:25 pm

Post by This is not me »

The logic in that was that mods don't often name mafia guys in themed mafia to mafia.So it was risky claim from claiming a group of people what isn't that common and beacause i have a group of people to,i tend to belive him.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by Tamuz »

This is not me wrote:The logic in that was that mods don't often name mafia guys in themed mafia to mafia.So it was risky claim from claiming a group of people what isn't that common and beacause i have a group of people to,i tend to belive him.
Cite me
Any
other game with a character named mafia in general, townie or Scum and I may believe you just for your hard work. Mafia isn't a very oftenly used name, unless a mod is bored and just calls all his scum mafia

Iammars wouldn't make the group so breakable so that all groups are innocent. You are pretty much doing a WIFOM right now, but the way I percieve it you aren't taking it to far. You say that Iammars names a character mafia, to make us think he is mafia. But if Iammars wants us to think he is mafia, then he won't be. Sounds good and pretty. Thanks Iammars for the clue. Innocent, I say, innocent!

Personally, I think such a WIFOM should just be ignored, replace Mafia with Joe Schmoe so you don't confuse yourself. WIFOM'ing will just take you down a road of blind believe or eternal doubt, neither which are good for decisions

and thinking about it LyingBrian (spelled right that time, eh?) took one of the three happy scum claims. You have your mason scum, your doc scum, and your vig scum. Doc scums often out themself, mason scum need a support, which will out two scum, and vig scums can prove by killing--which just happens to be the mafias strong suit. I dun like it LyingBrian.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:50 pm

Post by This is not me »

Well the point is that non of the games have a mafia as a role name,like you said and extactly that makes me belive he is innocent, does it make any sence? Also what does the WIFOM stand for?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:34 pm

Post by Tamuz »

WIFOM is Wine In Front of Me. See the princess bride. (A smart man would but the poison in front of him because that would make me think a smart man would never have the poison nearest to him. So I'll move the poison, but that would be what you want me to do, so I'm not going to take the cup in front of you because you would want me to take that one. However, you would put the poison closest to me having me think that)

As you see, endless circles of logic. Which is why I believe you just shouldn't consider the name Mafia as evidence either way
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Tamuz(i) wrote:the name Mafia should not be considere solely as proof for my innocence or guilt, i agree with that, Tamuz.
but it should be considered in relation to my claim. it makes sense with a killing role, and if you compared it to your PM, the flavor will be the same. of course i didn't quote it word-for-word, as that is prohibited, but the general style should be the same. and btw, there is a reason no other thread has a scum character named "Mafia"...

no other thread has a "We Didn't Start the Fire!" theme...

bloojay wrote:well, see, at a certain point we have to stop doing this. we've already done it twice, once with me and once with BJ. third time's the charm, though, and you made an incredibly risky claim there.
your exactly right, but now we can kill 2 birds w/ one stone. tonight i can target either bloojay or BabyJesus. there will be 2 kills & a "mason"/"confirmed" townie will die.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Post by This is not me »

Ok maybe the name doesent tell anything,but i still think lyingbrian is innocent....
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:10 am

Post by BabyJesus »

LyingBrian wrote:
Tamuz(i) wrote:the name Mafia should not be considere solely as proof for my innocence or guilt, i agree with that, Tamuz.
but it should be considered in relation to my claim. it makes sense with a killing role, and if you compared it to your PM, the flavor will be the same. of course i didn't quote it word-for-word, as that is prohibited, but the general style should be the same. and btw, there is a reason no other thread has a scum character named "Mafia"...

no other thread has a "We Didn't Start the Fire!" theme...

bloojay wrote:well, see, at a certain point we have to stop doing this. we've already done it twice, once with me and once with BJ. third time's the charm, though, and you made an incredibly risky claim there.
your exactly right, but now we can kill 2 birds w/ one stone. tonight i can target either bloojay or BabyJesus. there will be 2 kills & a "mason"/"confirmed" townie will die.
I'll bet you want to kill a confirmed townie.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:12 am

Post by LyingBrian »

BabyJesus wrote:I'll bet you want to kill a confirmed townie.
no, actually i want to find the scum, and since i don't believe the 2 confirmed groups theory, i want to test it.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:24 am

Post by This is not me »

i dont belive it at all too,beacause there would be 5 mansons+3 dead person leaves 4 persons,i am not a cop and it would be logical to have a cop,but if we would have 5 mansons and a cop we would have 2 scummies,way too low so 1 of the mansons are probably lying anyway even if lyingbrian is scum.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:03 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

Vig is the most common scum claim, especially when followed by "I can prove it by killing somebody tonight".
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:08 am

Post by BabyJesus »

LyingBrian wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:I'll bet you want to kill a confirmed townie.
no, actually i want to find the scum, and since i don't believe the 2 confirmed groups theory, i want to test it.
I'll bet you do. Trying to justify killing a confirmed townie? nice. Why don;t we let our cop worry about that, and lynch you today.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:28 am

Post by stark »

Noted, mafia claim is doubtfull, so i will
unvote
. if mafia is supposed to be town, what do we have left?
vote:LB
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:33 am

Post by Tamuz »

This is not me wrote:Ok maybe the name doesent tell anything,but i still think lyingbrian is innocent....
Why? You've accepted my every rebuttle to your support of LyingBrian, yet you still support him. I'd just like to understand why you trust the man. You can't be hinting that you & LB are yet another mason group and thats why you are so resolutely sure of his innocence :roll: .
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:54 am

Post by stark »

well, we shall see, considering that lb is dead now.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:59 am

Post by This is not me »

nope it is just that it was a super risky move from him and i dont think a mafia would do that....or maybe he could,does anyone know lyingbrian playstyle and could tell if he would make so risky move.also like i staded before,if we have a cop and 3 scummies then at least 1 of the mansons lie.and i rather belive that lying is the 3 persons manson than the 2 persons manson.but then again claiming manson as mafia is risky too so,oh well that leads me to conclusion: everyone has made risky move. also have you and bloojay already told your role names?i think i havent seen them,but i maybe just havent noticed them,if you havent told the,m already then i would like to hear.also i would like to hear the 3th person role name...
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:01 am

Post by Iammars »

And that's night folks. You just lynched...

LyingBrian, Mafia, Serial Killer

Night on.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”