mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Also I would still love to hear from CSL and Robo...
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

Post by mothrax »

X is scummiest =/= x is my number one scumspect.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:37 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

DJ how about you go check the post dates from when I stated tanstalas was the scummiest player on D1 and when I voted for you. Also note how many pages/posts are in between that.
And who's going to stop me...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

hows about not?

again, the timing between the accusation and the vote only make it
more
suspect. did you question tans? did you vote tans?, did you pursue the player you thought was "scummiest"?

no. no .no. you sat around and waited to jump all over another player with a "policy" type vote. from someone who claims to "rarely policy lynch", your votes on both me and lowell(which reek of policy reasoning), seem counterproductive to your alleged playstyle. its a valid point. and you're not addressing it. you are avoiding it.

WHY DID YOU NEVER VOTE THE PLAYER YOU FOUND SCUMMIEST AND INSTEAD LAID DOWN TWO POLICY VOTES?

its only recently where you have begun to state that you think lowell or i may flip scum. your earlier reasoning was not as confident. your votes on both of us were "well, you might be town, but towns better off with players like you dead."

thats policy voting. from a guys who rarely does it, but has managed to do it with 100% of his votes this game.

please explain why zed has made you feel better about the tans slot?

was it when he was completely misunderstanding and misrepresenting my statements?

or was it one of these terribly insightful recent posts?
zed wrote:Sorry, I've been busy. Catching up and posting tomorrow
zed wrote:Sorry guys, didn't realize it had been that long. Doing a reread in a little, I'll be posting some thoughts
zed wrote:So, I reread. It isn't very complete because I don't have a lot of time tonight. But the basic thing I'm thinking is, I have no idea what to think about anyone. I'm finding it difficult to get a read on anyone, and maybe it is just because I replaced it (this is my first one, and the game feels very different to me). I do have time when I'm on the bus in the morning, usually, so I'll be reading again and looking at more detail if I get the chance.
hmmmmmm?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Prodding Vren. CSL is replacing out, but is going to find his own replacement. I think.
votecountmothrax(2): Lowell, don_johnson
don_johnson(2): CSL, Robocopter87
jmurph3(2): Vren, mothrax
Robocopter87(1): jmurph3
Lowell(1): JesseSheffield
Not voting(2): Zed, mallowgeno

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
Deadline is October 21 at approx. 4:00pm CST.
WARNING: DEADLINE IN APPROX. 24 HOURS. IF THERE IS NO MAJORITY, YOU WILL NO-LYNCH.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

don_johnson wrote:again, the timing between the accusation and the vote only make it
more
suspect. did you question tans? did you vote tans?, did you pursue the player you thought was "scummiest"?
Why would I vote a player who I don't think to be likely scum DJ? You should be intelligent enough to understand that a player who acts the scummiest does NOT make them most likely to be scum. Multiple players have tried explaining this to you, but it seems to just be hitting a brick wall. I'll admit that I got pretty distracted after that post by your scumminess and kind of lost tanstalas in the shuffle until their request for replacement. But if I really had any sort of faith that tanstalas was likely scum I would've been all over that. I talked for a bit about how his case made absolutely no sense but other than that it was a dead lead. And that's when you decided to rear your head up.

So as for wanting to lynch you strictly as a policy lynch-
JesseSheffield wrote:So don't lie and say you thought he was scum because if you actually did you would've said something about it. But you didn't. So don't attempt to turn your vote into something it wasn't.
JesseSheffield wrote:Sure you had the chance to "say something about it", you voted him. It would only make sense to post reasoning behind a vote on scum WITH your reasoning. I could care less about the modkill I'm more interested in why you made the decision to not say anything about why you believed shotty was scum yesterday, only to shoot back today with supposed reasoning. It doesn't make any sense.
JesseSheffield wrote:You said it yourself, your "revote" was a joke, the whole thing was a joke to you, so don't attempt to pass it off as I legit thought shotty was scum like you JUST tried to do today.
JesseSheffield wrote:I want to know why your joke vote yesterday has all the sudden turning into a serious vote where you ACTUALLY believed shotty was scum today.
JesseSheffield wrote:
As far as scum reads go you're on my list to watch simply because it seems like you vote with the purpose to not attract attention to yourself by not posting any reasoning behind your votes. I don't see any pro-town advantage to voting without reason.
JesseSheffield wrote:
Because scum throw meaningless votes out to not attract attention to themselves.

I have NO idea how we're going to make it through this game with players as ridiculous as you. I don't think you're the scummiest player but you're in my top three and considering there's four scum that's good enough for me. And I think you'd be the most beneficial dead to the town.
JesseSheffield wrote:
Sure there are. Votes are meaningless when they're created to fall into a black hole of obscurity by not having any reasoning behind it for other players to go off. It's anti-town, always. And the fact that you're defending anti-town behavior is ridiculous. Scum play all different types of ways and like I said I don't think you're the highest likelihood of being scum but you're pretty darn close.
That combined with the fact that you're probably the best lynch of the day cemented my vote for you.
JesseSheffield wrote:Sure it is.
Waiting around for players to ask you what your vote is about is irresponsible and anti-town play.
Casting a vote and then waiting for reaction allows you time to formulate your reasoning behind it, therefore that reasoning cannot be trusted.
JesseSheffield wrote:Again, not posting reasoning allows time to formulate a reactive answer to the question of what the reasoning behind a meaningless vote is. It's perfect strategy for liars because they don't have to worry about getting caught saying something they don't want to say.
There is a whole world of reasoning behind why I'd want you lynched. As stated above.
don_johnson wrote:its only recently where you have begun to state that you think lowell or i may flip scum. your earlier reasoning was not as confident. your votes on both of us were "well, you might be town, but towns better off with players like you dead."
Hm. Okay. Well to help you out with that I bolded the parts in my quotes where I stated that you're likely scum/anti-town.

And while you're at it quit attempting to pair Lowell and yourself up. You're nowhere near on the same level.

As for Zed I don't believe he misunderstood or misrepped anything of yours.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

Unvote, Vote: DJ

I'll let the above post do the explaining for me.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote don_johnson

Zed had no idea what be was talking about. His entire first few posts resulted from him misunderstanding what I said. Go ahead and lynch me. Ur scum and the other scum team will kill u tonight. I'm done posting in circles. U know I won't flip scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

And that. That.

That is a brilliant display of AtE.

Didn't know you cracked so easily under pressure DJ. Well it makes my job so so so much easier when you pull crap like that.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

V/LA until late Monday (the 25th)

As such, since I won't be on at deadline (most likely), UNVOTE: ,VOTE: DJ. I don't think he's likely to turn scum. I also don't think there's enough motivation to get enough players on a different lynch, and I do not want this day ending in a no lynch.

Personally, I think Zed's a much better choice for lynch; DJ's post earlier confirmed that Zed has contributed nothing thus far. DJ is at least keeping the game moving. I'll be able to check in tomorrow around 2pm EDT, and if there's a shift to a player I think more likely to turn up scum (i.e. Zed), I will probably switch my vote then.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Vote DJ

I don't think you're scum either but a nl wouldn't be helpful. Plus there's always the chance that I could be wrong.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Zed »

Okay. I'm in high school. It is the end of the marking period, which means ridiculous amounts of work. Sorry I've been busy, and catching up when I can? Because that *clearly* makes me scum. mhm.

d_j, trying to go for someone who might not have the time to defend themself? That seems awfully scummy.
d_j wrote:was it when he was completely misunderstanding and misrepresenting my statements?
No. I did not misunderstand, or misrepresnt you. What you did makes no sense to me. I would not have done the same thing if I were ni your position. I CAN SEE WHY YOU DID WHAT YOU DID, but I do not think it was good play. I, honestly, think it was scummy. You are now frequently misrepresenting other players, and that is scummy. You are scummy. Oh, and, I'me a she. Gonna make that my sig now.

To me, jesse is logical. He makes sense. d_j is misrepping what he said, and he is defending himself in a way that makes complete sense. I do not find him suspicious.
jmurph wrote:Personally, I think Zed's a much better choice for lynch; DJ's post earlier confirmed that Zed has contributed nothing thus far. DJ is at least keeping the game moving. I'll be able to check in tomorrow around 2pm EDT, and if there's a shift to a player I think more likely to turn up scum (i.e. Zed), I will probably switch my vote then.
If I am a better choice for a lynch, then why are you voting for dj? Also, you put him at L-1
(if his vote counts, can we get mod confirmation on that?)

And I wasn't here for it, but the wagon on Katsuki was ridiculous. dj started it, if you don't remember.

preview: oh hi mallow. thanks for hammering
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

(if his vote counts, can we get mod confirmation on that?)

Yes, self-votes do count.
final votecountmothrax(1): Lowell
don_johnson(6): CSL, Robocopter87, JesseSheffield, don_johnson, jmurph3, mallowgeno
jmurph3(2): Vren, mothrax
Not voting(1): Zed

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

don_johnson,
Vanilla Townie,
lynched day 2.

Deadline for night 2 is october 24, at 4:00 pm CST. It's pushed back one day because I am complete V/LA the 23d.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Scott Brosius replaces CSL.
Show

Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

jmurph3,
Vanilla Townie,
frozen
night 2.
mothrax,
Vanilla Townie,
burned
night 2.

My color has changed to bold teal smallcaps.
Day 3 begins now.
votecountNot voting(7): Robocopter87, Zed, Lowell, JesseSheffield, Scott Brosius, Vren, mallowgeno

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline is November 7th.
Show

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Alright, I haven't caught up given there are 2 scum groups and I would just get mad if I got killed after reading and not being able to post. So I shall catch up.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Zed »

well, crap.

and hi scott.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

4/7 of the game is scum. However, they are also scumhunting which poses a problem. In this setup, it's best to look at what players (town) both sides think are scummy. Those are most likely to be town players. But in this state of the game with no scum flips, that is a problem.

I think the doctor should claim. More than half the game is scum anyway, so protecting someone even at random is a bad idea. We don't want the doctor preventing crosskills either. The doctor can essentially act as a confirmed townie at this point (I doubt either scum team will risk a counter-claim given there are 2 scum groups and it's really risky), and can certainly create some nighttime WIFOM for the scum groups (whether to kill claimed doc, assuming other group will, etc). In before scum jumps all over this as role-fishing.

bolded are flipped town (and myself as I know I am town)

don_johnson
(1): CommieX
a2rudeboy
(1): Lowell
Robocopter87(1): mallowgeno
drmyshottyizsik
(5):
don_johnson
, tanstalas, Robocopter87,
CSL
jmurph3

mallowgeno(1):
mothrax

CSL
(1):
drmyshottyizsik

Not voting(2): JesseSheffield,
a2rudeboy

mothrax
(1): Lowell
don_johnson
(6):
CSL
, Robocopter87, JesseSheffield,
don_johnson
jmurph3
, mallowgeno
jmurph3
(2): Vren,
mothrax

Not voting(1): Zed

Lowell is troubling based on looking at the final vote counts. It looks like he is avoiding being on wagons, and both of his votes have been on townies. He has been his usual lurky self, and all of his votes have only been on flipped townies. He thinks Jesse, Robo, Mallow are town, which is impossible at this point. Buddying Jesse pretty hard in this game.

Vren's vote has also been on 2 townies and also have been away from the main wagons. This slot has done even less than Lowell. Vren said hello on the 16th, then was MIA through deadline. Hasn't been posting elsewhere though, so this slot may just be idle.

Robo has been on both wagons both town. This is null to me, given the playstyle of shotty and DJ. They seemed to deserve to be lynched.

JS has no vote and on the DJ wagon. Mostly bickering with DJ.

mallow has tunneled Robo pretty hard throughout the game. Not much to say otherwise.

Zed replaced in, a lot of empty promises of catching up. Another slot pretty much lacking content.

So since the wagons were for anti-town players, this game is tough to evaluate given that town could easily mistake both lynch victims for scum. I think Lowell is our best bet to find scum given his vote history and general lack of content.

Vote: Lowell
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

Mmm I feel like I'll never say this again but I'm actually inclined to agree with you Scott. I wasn't really sure what to expect going into D3 but your case on Lowell actually makes perfect sense to me. Keeping in mind my past reasonings for wanted the scumbag lynched-

Vote: Lowell
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Lowell »

It's a set-up!!

Seriously, my voting history? That's the case? How hard is it for scum to kill someone who has a vote on them, then say "hey look that guy wanted him dead... HHMMMMMM"

There's one scumteam on board. Let's see if the others jump in to finish this off. With FOUR scum folks should show a little more caution here with those votes. Particularly Jesse, who looks lazy as hell.
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by Vren »

Scott: What do you think of JS? You don't mention his play at all (except to excuse his "bickering"), and he has been one of the most vocal and aggressive players thus far, which should warrant some sort of comment, at least.

I have a strong scum read on JS because of his aggression towards DJ; it's very over-the-top and insincere. Comments like "I can't even deal with you" are overblown and a form of AtE; if your case o nsomeone is solid, you shouldn't have to resort to that sort of commentary to support it.

Also, with 2-2-3, voting right away is not a good idea.
Dance, Sode no Shirayuki...
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Well yes there are 4 scum left, but they are just as willing to lynch scum as we are (obviously the other team). So I think not voting is being over-cautious.

Vren what do you think about other people? That is your only content post in this game thus far.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

Lowell wrote:Particularly Jesse, who looks lazy as hell.
Really Lowell? I'm the lazy player? Compared to...you?
Vren wrote:I have a strong scum read on JS because of his aggression towards DJ; it's very over-the-top and insincere. Comments like "I can't even deal with you" are overblown and a form of AtE; if your case o nsomeone is solid, you shouldn't have to resort to that sort of commentary to support it.
So how would you have dealt with DJ misrepping you OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again. After a while it got a little frustrating. I have a tendency to be bitchy when frustrated. Even sometimes when I'm not frustrated.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Me=Weird »

votecountLowell(2): Scott Brosius, JesseSheffield
Not voting(5): Robocopter87, Lowell, mallowgeno, Zed, Vren

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline is Nov. 7.
Show

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Nobody has commented on my idea of the doctor claiming. Thoughts?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Open Games”