Cyclic Experimentation Set x01.

//PASSWORD: ************ USERID: MS1775305
//INTIALIZING
//OPERATIONAL CODE 4186245
//APPLYING PERMISSION SCHEMA
//ACCESSING LATEST CONSTRAINT TABLE
//CONNECTING OUTPUT TO CONSOLE
//EXECUTE CYCLIC SIMULATION --

//Welcome to Experiment Set x01 MS1775305.
//Status: Standby
//Chamber: x679

>>Whats with this? I've never been assigned out of c528.

//We've developed an entirely new program MS1775305. We needed to put together the most proficient team for this one, and with you being one of the most prominent Eruci...you're in it.

>>I've had enough of your 'games', I tell you this every time, but you insist on using me.

//This one is too significant to trust to just any subject. Truthfully...we've recognized your combative ability within the simulations. It's going to be required in this one, as we are almost guaranteed to have enemies in on this one. You may not understand the purpose of these...simulations, but we do, they do. So we put forth an offer. You protect the integrity of the set, you get your release. We integrated some enhanced features for more advanced feedback recognition and performance results. The rest of your group should be online and briefed shortly. We'll bring up a quick rundown of the rules on your console before simulation zero-time. Thank you MS1775305, you have been a very valuable subject.

Spoiler: //CURRENTLY ENGAGED IN SIMULATION (7/25):
NQ3203491 -
LynchMePls
[
Eruci.
]

OB9504836 -
WrathChild
[
Eruci.
]

IO2398419 -
Bunnylover
[
SnakePlissken
]
[
danGR
]
[
Eruci.
]

JA2893520 -
I Am Innocent
[
Eruci.
]

HI2348823 -
Implosion
[
Eruci.
]

EU3248724 -
nhammen
[
EtherealCookie
]
[
Eruci.
]

UC2543825 -
Saint
[
Eruci.
]

Spoiler: //CONNECTION TERMINATED (18/25):
GM2435217 -
muh316
[
Eruci.
][
Scrambled by Virus.
][
Day 1.
]

YU9876414 -
AntB
[
Neutral Survivor,
formerly
Eruci.
][
Executed by Judges.
][
Day 1.
]

VH2039578 -
Helghast
[
Eruci.
][
Quarantined.
][
Day 1.
]

XL0298579 -
Powerrox93
[
Eruci.
][
Lynched.
][
Day 1.
]

WI2038523 -
MagnaOfIllusion
[
Eruci.
][
Shotgunned.
][
Night 1.
]

SV9845711 -
chkflip
[
Eruci.
][
Purged.
][
Night 1.
]

AE8363413 -
DarlaBlueEyes
[
Narsis
]
[
Eruci.
][
Scrambled by Virus.
][
Day 2.
]

RE2358722 -
Parama
[
Eruci.
][
Quarantined.
][
Day 2.
]

ZJ2398410 -
quadz08
[
Eruci.
][
Lynched.
][
Day 2.
]

FO6450592 -
RedCoyote
[
Daevori.
][
Purged.
][
Night 2.
]

PR8453416 -
diddin
[
Eruci.
][
Shotgunned.
][
Night 2.
]

DU9230474 -
themanhimself
[
Daevori.
][
Lynched.
][
Day 3.
]

LC2985212 -
Nero Cain
[
Eruci.
][
Purged.
][
Night 3.
]

TN2093587 -
curiouskarmadog
[
Daevori.
][
Lynched.
][
Day 4.
]

KF9788915 -
q21
[
Daevori.
][
Purged.
][
Night 4.
]

MS1775305 -
DrippingGoofball
[
Lateralus22
][
TheLonging
]
[
The Asxtori.
][
Lynched.
][
Day 5.
]

BC2349818 -
popsofctown
[
Eruci.
][
Bleeding Blood.
][
Night 5.
]

CT2384721 -
StrangerCoug
[
Daevori.
][
Lynched.
][
Day 6.
]

The group was separated into five subgroups and an engineer led them away, each group to their own platform. One by one they filed into their respective platforms, and each soon filled. It was an eerily silent procession.
Once locked, the platforms in unison silently rose into the sky. There were a few tortuous seconds of nothingness, then a blue light pierced the blanket of black.
An unnaturally bright blue pyramid appeared in the center of the five platforms. It slowly rotated through space, seemingly unconnected to this world. Every eye was fixated upon it, every mind felt its presence penetrating.
The pyramid pulsed once, then the platforms begin spinning circles in circles, until the whole chamber vibrated in response.
The simulation had begun.
Last edited by The Eruci on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by The Eruci »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay:
  1. The Moderator has the final say in any dispute. Refusal to accept these decisions may be considered a modkillable offense depending on the severity. Although the Moderator may be the official voice, the Moderator is not infallible. If there is a mistake or you have a question, do not hesitate to inform the Moderator through private message or through the use of bold text within the thread.
  2. Dark-Red
    and
    Indigo
    are the Moderator's colors. Do NOT use them. Doing so is considered impersonating the Moderator and is a punishable offense.
  3. Any and all communication with the Moderator must remain strictly confidential. It is acceptable to paraphrase, for actions such as role claims. If in doubt whether your paraphrase is acceptable, ask the Moderator and assume it is unacceptable until confirmed otherwise.
  4. The use of timestamps in any way is considered quoting Moderator communication and therefore is prohibited. The order in which Role PM's have been sent has been randomized to directly combat this.
  5. Any personal communication outside of the game thread, unless clearly specified in your role PM, is
    strictly prohibited.

6. Do not post the links to any QuickTopics that may or may not be available within the game. Doing so is considered a modkillable offense.
  7. Claiming to be scum, or someone's scumbuddy, is against any and all win conditions and therefore is prohibited. Either action is considered a modkillable offense.
  8. The use of invisible, small, or encrypted text is prohibited. Use your judgment, if it is unreadable by the Moderator, it is unacceptable.
  9. In the case of a rule contradicting a role, the role wins.
  10. Using loopholes in the rules is considered against the spirit of the game and is a punishable offense. This does not refer to special game mechanics, merely the general gameplay rules. Example is faking a vote to trap players.
  11. Anything it is illegal to do is also illegal to fake.
  12. Modkills will be done in a fashion deemed most detrimental to your faction. Your faction will then be converted to
    Neutral Survivor
    , and as such are autolossed.
Voting, Deadlines, Death, and Activity:
  1. As a general guideline, players should aim to post at least once every day (the more the better).
  2. If you anticipate an extended leave from the game, inform the Moderator either in thread or through a private message.
  3. Players who go for more than
    hours will be prodded. If you are prodded and do not respond within
    hours, you will be replaced.
  4. Players receiving more than
    prods throughout the game's entirety will be force-replaced. Replacements reset the prod counter.
  5. A
    flexible two week deadline
    will be instated at the beginning of each Day.
  6. Votes must be bolded or they will not be counted. (ex.
    Vote: PlayerName
    ).
  7. Unvotes must also be bolded or will not be counted (ex.
    Unvote
    or
    Unvote: PlayerName
    ). Unvotes are appreciated but not required.
  8. Shortening of usernames or the use of nicknames is acceptable in votes, but will only be counted if the Moderator can clearly distinguish which player you are voting for.
  9. You may use a Player's Flavour Designation (ex. MS1775305) as an identification in votes.

10. It requires a majority of the currently available votes for a Lynch to occur. Majority is equal to half of the available votes plus one rounded down.
  11. If players so choose, they may vote for No Lynch, and No Lynch will be reached if at least 50% of the currently available votes are placed on No Lynch.
  12. Once the majority required for a Lynch is reached, votes are locked in place and cannot be rescinded. The same policy applies to No Lynches as well. Discussion during twilight, the period of time before the mod scene is posted, is acceptable.
  13. If at deadline there is no majority, No Lynch will occur. If there is a tie at deadline, No Lynch will occur.
  14. As soon as the Moderator posts your death scene, you are considered removed from the game. You may not post in the thread following this, not even a "bah." post. It is acceptable for the Lynchee to post during twilight before their lynch scene is posted.
  15. Play to win, but remember this is a game. It is understandable to be aggressive, yet personal attacks will not be tolerated. Be considerate of the other players within the game, and hopefully enjoy it yourself!
Special Mechanics/Specifics:
  1. This is a
    Closed
    Setup. I promise no Cults/Jesters/Survivors.
  2. Any Anti-Town Faction existing within this game may
    not
    pass a standard ability to any of their partners, if any partners exist within the game. Nonstandard abilities may exist in the game.
  3. If a person with an ability is killed at any point in the game, that ability is removed from gameplay.
  4. Action Resolution follows a simplified Natural Action Resolution, with the Cycling Choice Action appended to the the end of the list. Meaning abilities will be passed after Kills resolve.
Last edited by The Eruci on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by The Eruci »

Sample Town Role PM:

Mod wrote:Welcome,
NQ3203491,
[Callsign: ___________]
Thank you for sacrificing your time to help ensure a greater future for all of us. In Experiment x01 you are a member of the
Eruci

Abilities:
Your abilities are designated in the accompanying
Ability Message
. Please review the updated Ability Message that will be sent at the beginning of each day. You may use any and all abilities you have during the current night, once per each ability.

Ability Cycling:
At the end of each night you are required to select a different player for each ability to cycle your ability to. Meaning, for each ability you have you must choose a different person to pass the ability to at the end of the night.

Eruci Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the Eruci are eliminated and at least one Eruci-aligned player is alive, whether you are alive or not.
[Standard Town Factional Win Condition.]

Game Topic is here: Cyclic Experimentation Set x01.

Reply by PM to confirm you understand your role and win condition.

Sample Vanilla Ability Message:

Mod wrote:
//OUTPUT PERMISSION SCHEMA//

These are your available abilities for Night X. You must choose, by the end of the night, who you would like to send your ability to. If you have multiple abilities, you must send each one to a different person.

Void
[
Vanilla
]
- You are unable to perform any activity during the night as your permission set does not allow it. You are not required to submit a cycling choice.

//END PERMISSION SCHEMA//

FAQ:

Q: My Role PM doesn't state any abilities!

A: Your Role PM serves only to designate to you which faction you are a part of and what your win condition is. Additional abilities will be sent in an accompanying
Ability Message
at the beginning of each Day.

Q: What should I do each Night?

A: If you are in possession of any abilities, you should send in your action. After doing so, it is also necessary to select your "cycling choice", the person you would like to pass your ability to so they can use it the next Night.

Q: When should I submit my actions?

A: You can submit your actions at any point within the Night that you have that ability. Each ability may only be used once per Night.

Q: What is a "cycling choice" and when should I submit it?

A: A cycling choice is the person you wish to send your ability to. If you have more than one ability, each ability must be sent to separate players. It is suggested that you submit your cycling choice at the same time you submit your action, but not required. It is required to submit your choice before the current Night ends, otherwise your choices become randomized.

Q: What if I control more abilities than there are players to send them to?

A: If this situation occurs, you may send more than one ability to the same person. This also applies for the situation where an anti-town factional member must send an ability to a partner to maintain a unique pass for every ability.

Q: Will my target receive notification that I passed the ability to them?

A: No, they will not receive any indication of which player sent them which ability.
Last edited by The Eruci on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by The Eruci »

Role PMs going out. Game will begin when most (~20) of the confirmations are in.

themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 am

Post by themanhimself »

So.... we're starting I guess?
VOTE: chkflip for stalking me
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Parama »

I have what is essentially a hot potato. First person who gives me scummy vibes gets it. Might just skip the RVS altogether.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Saint »

I'm here, guys. I haven't consulted with Vi, yet, so I'll keep this brief.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 am

Post by q21 »

Vote: I Am Innocent

Because the name makes me think he's trying to hide something...

Parama - Hot potato being essentially a timer you can pass around that does something untoward to the person holding it when the timer runs out?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Parama »

It goes boom if I don't pass it quick enough.
Which is why I'm waiting until someone does something scummy to pass it.
Alternatively, it can be used to bomb a lurker if need be.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Narsis »

[vote[LynchMePls[/vote]

what is most likely an over used RVS reason against him: he's asking for it.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Narsis »

EBWOP:

stupid tags...

VOTE: LynchMePls
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:17 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: XL0298579

No reason.

Also, I have an ability that I'm pretty sure is detrimental to the town (particularly in the long run if it never goes away). I'll probably wind up claiming it soon.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Saint wrote:I'm here, guys. I haven't consulted with Vi, yet, so I'll keep this brief.
I have got to get me a hybrid...

...if you havent consulted with Vi yet, why even bother posting?..and who are you?

vote AntB
for ruining the name of the most precious woman ever to be in black and white.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Helghast
Helghast
Townie
Helghast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Helghast »

Parama does it kill the person?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

What I recommend we do is remove your ability from the game, implosion.

We can suggest that someone in the town is a 'good target' and hope a vig or somesuch kills him. You cycle the town-destroying ability to that same antitown 'good target'. Unless an antitown faction has control of a protection ability for tonight, that guy has a pretty good chance of dying the same night you kill him, so your bad-for-town ability goes away night 1 instead of bouncing from player to player and causing us harm.

I see a fullclaim of your ability as an antitown thing, scum know more about the setup and will be able to manipulate the ability's mechanics more easily than we can .
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:51 am

Post by quadz08 »

^ I like this guy.

Also, VOTE: UnofficialRulerOfEveryone for being so CONCEITED.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Saint 6 wrote:I'm here, guys. I haven't consulted with Vi, yet, so I'll keep this brief.
Hah, you ain't kidding.

Also I like how we're not even one page in and everyone is claiming that they have an ability and are evaluating the strength of it for all the world to see.

Vote: Helghast
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Parama »

???
I claimed my ability because I need to pass it ASAP. And yes, I can pass it at any time, not just night.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:00 am

Post by implosion »

I was thinking something similar to what pops said. Essentially, today we nominate someone scummy (separate from the lynch). Tonight, everyone with an ability that will hurt the town in the long run gives it to our nominee. The next night, assuming there's at least one vig ability in the game, whoever has that vig ability shoots the nominee. It has to happen the next night after everything is passed because of the action resolution order. Downsides: there are several ways it could get screwed up (target getting passed a bulletproof ability, mafia getting passed a doctor ability, some kind of bus driver moving everything to someone else).

Another thing I was thinking is that we might be able to just massclaim on day two. Mafia won't be able to kill anyone with a useful power role, and it'll give us some insight into what's in play. Oh, and any investigative roles can claim results without risk of their abilities being lost. I think it would also help the town more than the mafia because the mafia can share what roles they've gotten between each other, so they'll already have info about what's in play.

Also, a fullclaim from me is probably inevitable. But we'll see.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 am

Parama wrote:It goes boom if I don't pass it quick enough.
it almost sounds like an anti-lurker mechanic.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am

Post by muh316 »

Why are we claiming this early into the game? We're only on page 1.

VOTE: lynchmepls
Your username is asking for it
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Parama wrote:It goes boom if I don't pass it quick enough.
it almost sounds like an anti-lurker mechanic.
which is what you said in the last line of the quoted post..

yep...nothing to see here folks..move along..

reading ftw.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Parama »

I see someone to pass my potato to!
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

>Best Mafia Performance

Bomb him now!

Joking aside, I'm confused with the plan of nominating someone scummy and passing all anti-town abilities to him. The scum will see our discussion, and know who we are passing it to. If they have the ability to do so, they can disrupt our plan of killing the player. Furthermore, if we're passing it to whoever seems the most scummy, and they are actually scum, and manage to survive, then we've given them a bunch of anti-town abilities that they'll be able to use. We could end up severely screwing ourselves over. Why would we want to do something like that?

Vote: Parama

RVS vote.
Helghast
Helghast
Townie
Helghast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Helghast »

No one is really role revealing here, all Parama is saying is he has a bomb he can pass on to someone, for this day only. Again I ask does it kill you?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”