SOLVED: Mech tag does weird things

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Herodotus »

It's probably browser- or OS- dependent.

Could it be because the <span> tag doesn't get closed in the following section:

Code: Select all

<div class="content"><div style="border:3px inset #800000; padding:5px 10px"><span style="color: darkred;font-size: 11px;">Sorry, Anguilla's been busy signing up for my RISK game.  Will seek replacements (again).</div><br /><br />/shameless plug</div>

which is currently line 457 in the source code for this page?

Edit: I'm pretty sure that's it, after testing. In fact, I'm surprised the bug isn't worse; in my test, all text on the page after the unclosed span tag looked the same as the mech text.
Last edited by Herodotus on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Andrius wrote:Does he mean that ALL the text gets colored in mech?

See Flay's #10 vs. #8. All the text is red in 10 and black in 8.
Only in offline tests where a similar span tag was left open. For some reason, on the site, the only effect is the text being too large.

@Mr. Flay: Same problem still exists... and looking at the source code for this page, the span tag still looks unclosed.

Edit: I think I see. You fixed how the mech tag works, but it's not applying retroactively to posts that already contained mech tags. Maybe? Because it's okay here.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Herodotus »

This thread is corrected/cleaned.

Return to “Solved Requests”