The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:39 am

Post by AGar »

Glasshammer - 85 Tauren Warrior - Shadowmoon
Zynder - 19 Orc Shaman - Shadowmoon (I'm going to be leveling this one soon for my guild so we have another heals/ranged DPS)

Then a bunch of lowlevel alts on Shadowmoon and one on Gorefiend.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:31 am

Post by AGar »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Umbrage wrote:I quit WoW a long time ago, and I've never looked back. Total waste of money.
So, Umbridge, do people just say this to get a rise out of people who play, or what?
So, Matt, have you faction changed, or what?

I'm currently enjoying the normal instances with my guild. Sooooo much more fun to tank when the guys you're with are chill and willing to work together.

Also, falling down the elevator in Halls of Origination is a bad, but hilarious, idea. Even a beefy warrior dies.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 am

Post by AGar »

gandalf5166 wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Those are twinks.
Twinks are level 19(sometimes 29) alts created exclusively for PvP that are fed by mains so that they have ridiculous gear. And I'm sure about that one.
Twink is just an alt that is in the high level of the PvP bracket for that level range (which is now a 5 level range).

Toons are just characters. All characters.

Has anyone leveled an Orc, Troll or Tauren and stayed on Kalimdor? The first few areas kinda suck, but Ashenvale is easily becoming one of the best redone zones I've seen yet.

Also, how high are all these alts on Lightning's Blade?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 am

Post by AGar »

Alright, I made a blood elf pally on Lightning's Blade. Figured I'd roll a utility class.

Carndor - Level 1 Blood Elf Paladin - Lightning's Blade.

For the love of god someone add me so once I get to the higher levels I'm not just buffooning around alone.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 am

Post by AGar »

My pally heals are pretty bitchin'. Just sayin'.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 am

Post by AGar »

I'm a fucking tard.

I've been playing my warrior since I started last April. I'm dual specced in Arms/Prot. Shield
Slam
is a core of the Protection Warrior tanking rotation. Shield
Bash
is a nice little quick fix move to interrupt a caster, and with 2 points in gag order, silence them for a few seconds. I just discovered Shield Slam yesterday while I was redoing my bars, since I redid my entire interface. (Bartender is pretty legit, btw) Needless to say, things are quite a bit easier now.

As for tanking - I've only done warrior tanking thus far. It's a bit difficult, but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy.

Trash:
If you're going to be doing any amount of AoE tanking, for the love of god, put both points in Blood and Thunder. It's a tier 1 protection talent, and if you apply rend to a target, and pop a TC, it'll spread the rend to every target in the range of TC, and rend's ticker is renewed with every TC.

Charge - Rend - Thunderclap - Shockwave to start. Transition into a rotation of TC - Shockwave - Revenge (when it's up) - Shield Slam - and Cleave if you're over 50 rage. If you maintain that, holding threat down shouldn't be an issue.

Bosses:

Start with Heroic Throw - Charge - Rend - Shield Slam. I personally like to get my 3 stacks of Sunders up before I hit anything else, to help the DPS output right off the bat. Once the fight gets rolling, I roll with Shield Slam - Revenge (on proc) - Devastate - Heroic Strike if over 50 rage. I throw down TCs as often as possible, and Devastate as often as possible as well. Keep Shield Bash nearby if you're against a caster boss. Make sure Rend is up, and it can be moved into the rotation if it's down, but TCs should keep it up fairly nicely. I like to try and keep my berserker rage up as well as Demo/Commanding shouts.

Your cooldowns are Shield Block, Shield Wall, Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration.
I use Shield Block more as a bit of a threat boost, as it ups the proc time for Revenge for that stretch of time, giving me guaranteed Revenges.

I keep Intervene and Intercept on one of my bars, part-mobility part-oh-shit buttons. Heroic Leap is a cool new trick, but not sure how it plays in yet. I enjoy it in Arms too lol.

Inner Rage I don't use much in tanking, might want to.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:54 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, and try and keep Spell Reflect up pretty often in caster situations. Healers love that.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:01 am

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
tanstalas wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:I swear, I'm gonna get the game, eventually. I just need to get some financial issues sorted out.

I'm thinking of being a mage, next. Any advice?
Don't

Such a pain in the ass to grind a mage

If you are set on a 'magic user' go Warlock or Priest
Can you be more specific? I am a bit of a newbie, here.
Mages are what are referred to as "Squishies". They die fast. They generally have cranked DPS output to compensate, but yeah.

Warlocks are clothies, but they can summon imps, succubuses, felhounds, and fel guard (among others I think - I never have leveled a lock) and if you level in the right spec for it, fel guard are basically walking tank pets.

Priests have heals so can spam self-heals in between DPSing for leveling, so they have that benefit.

Mages just hit hard, but if you don't kill, you die.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by AGar »

Got frustrated today, decided to take a 2 day ragequit from all things WOW. This thread is my one exception lol.

But yeah, grinding heroics, trying to farm ores and get gold, running dailies. I've been doing all of that every day nonstop for the past few weeks now, I needed a break.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:46 am

Post by AGar »

WoW in general was just pissing me off haha. I'll step to that... eventually.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 am

Post by AGar »

xRECKONERx wrote:PS, what're the Cata raids?
Baradin Hold - It's the new VoA. Can be raided when your faction controls Tol Barad.

Blackwing Descent - 6 bosses. Nefarian is the final boss.
Throne of the Four Winds - 2 Bosses. Al'Akir is the final boss.
Bastion of Twilight - 4 bosses. Cho'Gall is the final boss on Normal. 5 on Heroic, with Sinestra being the final.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:Dear lord, just hit level 84... almost 9.2 mil xp to 85... whhhhhhaaaaattt?!
It flies, I swear.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:08 am

Post by AGar »

JDodge wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Warriors can DPS too, not just tank. DPS warriors are dual wielders IIRC.
But they are subject to WARRIORS ARE TANKS ALWAYS-itis quite a bit from what I've heard.

My main is an Arms/Prot warrior, and I never run into this at all. Honestly, people rarely care I've found - the people who stress out about "OMG MAX/MIN" etc etc don't do random groups and only run with guildies.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:I think guild gets xp also based on questing xp.. so you guys leveling will help guild level as well
Dailies help as well, even at 85. I was farming about 250k guild XP every day for mine through the dailies. Of course, the XP needed for us to level was like 25M, but hey.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by AGar »

Reck needs to get onto giving other inv privileges. Like pronto. :P

Leveling as a holy pally is easy as balls, yo.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 am

Post by AGar »

IH wrote:
Oman wrote:
tanstalas wrote:No Kai or Reck tonight...

I'm sad

Though, also happy, iLevel is now 345 and I have over 148k health unbuffed mhuhahahahaha
Mitgation > stam. Are you dodge/parry capped, are you blockcapped? And are you a DK, warrior, druid, or pally?
Wait mitigation is the new tanking stat? I know for a long time that stamina gave the highest effective health (Right behind bonus armor of course).

Also dodge is still better than parry, correct? (Since parry resets the swingtimer for the boss and your toon that parried, it pretty much gives a reroll on the attack unless it's been changed)
I speak only for warriors here:

Stam > Mastery > Parry > Dodge

Stam is the same on all pieces of gear in the same slot and iLvl. All 346 Tank Headpieces (plate) will have the same amount of Stam. So while Stam is best, you can't gear for it unless you just go upgrades.

Mastery is +Crit Block, and the best mitigation stat you can have. Each point in Mastery (1 point = ~179 mastery rating) gives you an extra 1.5% chance of blocking and critically blocking, starting at a base of 12%. Critical blocks reduce the damage by 60% as opposed to the generic 30%. Mastery, as I understand things right now, is the only way for a Warrior to increase their block chance against boss mobs.

Parry and Dodge are both about equal mitigation stats if you look at the raw numbers. However, Prot Warriors
should
be specced into Hold the Line, which grants +10% critical block for 10 seconds after every successful parry.

I'd say where my stats panned out, but I'm only in 336 average iLvl equipped, and I haven't gemmed/reforged my tank spec too much, I've been waiting to get gear to do that.
Last edited by AGar on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 am

Post by AGar »

Also, you should get your expertise then hit capped (26/8 for prot warrs).

I don't keep up too much on other specs/classes atm. I just know that Fury Warr's hit cap is outrageous.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:37 am

Post by AGar »

To be fair, up until work raped me, I was logging at least 20 hours a week on WoW. Just not on your guys' server :P

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by AGar »

JDodge wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:BM Hunter buffed.
The buff is to Aspect of the Hawk, which every hunter has (and uses at most all times already), so it's less a buff to BM and more a buff to
every
hunter.
Why is Blizz buffing hunters?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 am

Post by AGar »

"Whirlwind now has its cooldown reduced by 6 sec. if it deals damage to 4 or more targets."

That's ridiculous. 4 sec cooldown on large AoE packs.

Arms is going to be broken lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:30 am

Post by AGar »

gandalf5166 wrote:
Umbrage wrote:I use the same password for everything. Never been hacked or otherwise attacked through teh internetz.
Same here. My password is AWSUM.
Why would anyone hack anything of yours? You have nothing of value.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by AGar »

Kairyuu wrote:I dunno what I ended up doing to get myself hacked. The only addons I use are from the Curse website, and I never log on to ANYTHING on computers that aren't mine. Whatever it was, I'm not the only one. One of my roommates got lucky and had his account locked before the hacker could do anything, and one of the officers in another rommate's guild got hacked DURING RAID last night.
I know a few friends who have been hacked, all used Curse's add-on client. Do you use that by chance? It was popping a keylogger on apparently for a while.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 am

Post by AGar »

Let's play a game - how fast can AGar power level a prot warrior to 85, get him HR and then find time to do shit.

Someone add me when they see me on RealID, I'll be on for the better part of the day.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 am

Post by AGar »

I went to school in West Haven until I was less-than-gracefully given the boot.

I should probably get around to changing my location.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:12 am

Post by AGar »

University of No Hop- I mean, New Haven.

I have friends from Danbury, a few going to Westconn.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:53 am

Post by AGar »

Starbuck wrote:I totally and completely miss Connecticut.
Same. There was shit to do, I had my friends up there, I had a life. Now.. I have WoW and work. And I barely get to play WoW anymore.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:53 am

Post by AGar »

Aaaand early level Tauren is ezpz, btw.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:06 am

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:AGAR-AFK :(
I was eating lunch, sorry! And now I have to file a dispute with the asshole who sold me a non-functional MBox on eBay. FML.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am

Post by AGar »

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 am

Post by AGar »

Looks good.

Reck, I suggest creating a standing for alts. It's what my guild on Shadowmoon does, and it works out really well. They get guild benefits, gchat but no bank withdrawals to prevent complete bank-depletion in the event of a hack on a player.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by AGar »

xRECKONERx wrote:Any ideas for the Council positions?

Bank management is one, recruitment is one, raiding can be one. Ideally, I'd also like to get one of each class into an upper rank so that anyone who has questions about a certain class has someone in the guild to go to.
One guild I know has leaders for Tank, Heals, MDPS and RDPS. Might be a good idea if we get a bit bigger.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:34 am

Post by AGar »

Kairyuu wrote:If anyone has 10k gold they'd be willing to lend me I'd very much appreciate it. I found someone willing to sell me my BiS offhand (pre-heroic) for 7-8k cheaper than I could find it on the AH for (12k vs 19-20k) assuming I can get back to him by tomorrow, but I have no way of making the money that quickly.

I can probably pay back about 1k/day from farming leathers in TB.
This is a 359 we're talking about, right?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:31 am

Post by AGar »

Kairyuu wrote:Indeed it is. Maimgor's Bite, to be exact. Hit/mastery for an enh shaman is literally the best itemization I could ask for outside of Hit/Expertise, which I'm fairly certain doesn't exist. Plus, 52 more weapon dps does a lot towards increasing lava lash damage. I intend to save up and buy it off the auction house even if I don't get the loan. In most cases, I'd consider that pretty stupid, but pretty much the only other viable offhand for me is the axe off of nefarian, which I'm never going to get (the haste proc on the pair of claws isn't even close to worth the fact that the offhand is strength instead of agility, though the agility ones as a mainhand is certainly something I'm considering saving for as well). Plus, the axe is crit/haste, both of which are pretty awful for me in comparison to mastery, so the bite is better. Hence, BiS pre-heroic raiding.

Yeah, looks pretty good.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am

Post by AGar »

Fuck yeah I rock at recruitment. Lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 am

Post by AGar »

Woop woop 20. Lol.

If he wants some help, shoot him my e-mail. It's the same as my RealID, which I think I posted in here somewhere.

Apparently I never did. It's NW.Thrash.Unreal@gmail.com

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 am

Post by AGar »

I'll be on later today, probably from 3 EST till 10ish with about an hour and a half break somewhere in there for dinner.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by AGar »

JDodge, just out of curiosity, what structure would you propose? Seriously, Reck has tried to propose a structure, and I believe I was the only one to give input on that of any kind.

What's the big deal about Brock being a co-GM?
What's the big deal that the website changed hands? It's not a spectacular website, it's a pre-made template that churns out a bunch of APIs from blizzard. And honestly, we needed
something
going soon, considering not everyone in the guild is a MS user.

Seriously, I don't get what the big deal is.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by AGar »

JDodge wrote:
AGar wrote:What's the big deal about Brock being a co-GM?
There is literally 0 reason for him to have that position.
He put in for the original charter. As far as I'm informed, we didn't repurchase anything, and this wasn't a "from-scratch" guild. Why wouldn't he be deserving of it? We're not a strictly MS guild, as we've opened up recruiting, and it seems we haven't always been a straight-MS guild. I feel like this is nothing really worth arguing.
JDodge wrote:
AGar wrote:What's the big deal that the website changed hands? It's not a spectacular website, it's a pre-made template that churns out a bunch of APIs from blizzard. And honestly, we needed
something
going soon, considering not everyone in the guild is a MS user.
I wanted to over time (using something as a short-term solution) build our own website. We can pull from those APIs, too, we just need to build the systems to do so with.
Well this is the short-term solution. Reck and I already talked about the APIs and building something from scratch today. I see no problem with multiple people working on the actual website for long-term, unless you have something already half-built and aren't telling us this. If you thought you were going to build it on your own, I either worry for your sanity or question if you've taken on a project like that before. I've seen a single person try and build up an entire site - it usually ends in disaster if they're not a professional at this. Again, you might be, but I'm guessing the likelihood is you aren't if you were researching the possibilities before.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:WORLD OF DRAMACRAFT. WEEEE.
Bam, how long was the server transfer approximately?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by AGar »

Hmmmmm.

HMMMMMMM.

I wonder.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by AGar »

85. Heroic Ready. Prot/Arms.

Only hitch is that I'm still in a guild on Shadowmoon that I like, it's just I never get on with them anymore :/

Grrrrr.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by AGar »

I MIGHT DO IT GUYS.

But I actually and legitimately have to consult my girlfriend first.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:
AGar wrote:85. Heroic Ready. Prot/Arms.

Only hitch is that I'm still in a guild on Shadowmoon that I like, it's just I never get on with them anymore :/

Grrrrr.
WE NEED MORE PEOPLE FOR CLASSIC/BC RAIDS MAAAAN.
IF THE GF APPROVES, WE ARE A GO.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 am

Post by AGar »

Uhhh what level?

Shield Slam. TC. Keep rend up.

Also, server transfer is a go. Starting it in a few, I have to delete my other glass hammer first.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:23 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, you'll need a macro or to keybind Battle Stance and Defensive Stance for Charge.

I have a macro that goes:

/cast Battle Stance
/cast Charge
/cast Defensive Stance

I have to hit it, wait about a second for stances to come off CD, then hit it again, I get charge off, and the rage from it comes in defensive stance and I then have rage for rend, which I apply first.

(P.S., if anyone is good with macros, I'd love to know how to do that all at once, but I don't think it's possible :? )

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:03 am

Post by AGar »

That took like... half an hour, tops. I be an 85 Warr on Lightning's Blade now.

And yeah - Warbringer should be the first talent taken when you hit 3rd tier talents. It's so useful it's not even funny.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 am

Post by AGar »

So the new priest and I tried to do heroic BRC today. The first two bosses were great. The third one... not so much. Holy fuck.

I need work as a tank. It's been way too long since I've done this.

I'll be around from say... 8-945 if anyone wants to run something then.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by AGar »

Ok so fucking family wanted dinner, just heading home now. Fuck.

And it wasn't the timer. It was everyone wanted me to keep him on one side of the pillar.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 am

Post by AGar »

Dram, I'll start working on some too once I get bank privileges back. Transferring over reset me to initiate.

I'd be interesting in taking whichever Pie doesn't want/prefer. Maybe Pub Relations as that'll be more involved with the site? IDK.

Also def Kai/BBM for raid leads.
Nightson wrote:
AGar wrote: And it wasn't the timer. It was everyone wanted me to keep him on one side of the pillar.
Well they're dumb and tell them no. There really isn't any reason for that at all, the other side isn't out of ranged range and melee can run through the pillar just fine.
Heals set up the lightwell there. That was why it was "OMG keep him on one side." Otherwise, yeah, running through was the WoWhead recommendation.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 am

Post by AGar »

xRECKONERx wrote:Swear to god, people need to learn to use Lightwell more. It's ridiculously good for healing, and with the recent patches, people can use it without even untargetting their current target.
Agreed. Just don't force the fight mechanics on it (this was our new HPriest, fwiw.)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by AGar »

Oh god, hahaha.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by AGar »

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (isolation #52) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by AGar »

WOOP WOOP.

That gives us what... 7? 8?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (isolation #53) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by AGar »

YES MORE HEALZ.

And yeah, that change looks amazing.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 am

Post by AGar »

MOLTEN CORE TONIGHT HUZZAH

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 am

Post by AGar »

I'm off today and tomorrow. I'll be grinding out shit most of the days, save for food breaks (like the one I'm about to take - probably lasting half an hour to an hour) a couple times, if anyone wants to join me. I'm also on Vent.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 am

Post by AGar »

THAAAANK GOD.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 am

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:KARA AND POSSIBLY OTHER RAIDS LIKE AQ20. Yeah, I said 20. It will always be called 20. Not sure if I have the patience for AQ40 TwinEmps lulz tomorrow.
YEAHHHHH BOIII.

Also, I'm going togo in and solo the trash from MC today, get Dark Iron and more stuffs, probably around 3 or 4.

Is there anything in there that isn't BoP that you'll need for Thunderfury, BBM?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 am

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:
AGar wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:KARA AND POSSIBLY OTHER RAIDS LIKE AQ20. Yeah, I said 20. It will always be called 20. Not sure if I have the patience for AQ40 TwinEmps lulz tomorrow.
YEAHHHHH BOIII.

Also, I'm going togo in and solo the trash from MC today, get Dark Iron and more stuffs, probably around 3 or 4.

Is there anything in there that isn't BoP that you'll need for Thunderfury, BBM?
Just Enchanted Elementium Bars, which we won't be able to make until we run more BWL. Those are just arcanite bars and some of the fiery cores. Hopefully we can get that all figured out soon. Either way, the bindings are a super rare drop.
Yeah. I'll have to learn the smelting which is in BWL.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by AGar »

SO. MUCH. SHIT. TO. DO.

Working on getting so many factions exalted, plus Sulfuras.

Also, if you're looking for relatively easy gold, solo BC heroics once you hit 85. I dunno if the squishier classes can, but I get ~200-300 gold/hour.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (isolation #60) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 am

Post by AGar »

I'm a BS/Miner.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #61) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by AGar »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:
AGar wrote:SO. MUCH. SHIT. TO. DO.

Working on getting so many factions exalted, plus Sulfuras.

Also, if you're looking for relatively easy gold, solo BC heroics once you hit 85. I dunno if the squishier classes can, but I get ~200-300 gold/hour.
Or if you're a skinner you can skin the crocs in TB. I make between 900 and 1300g/hour depending on how the leathers are selling that day, and it usually only takes a few hours for all of the stacks to sell (I generally farm 10 stacks at a time, which takes 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many other skinners are there).
See, I just gotta say, I read stuff like this and I wonder where the appeal lies for WoW. :/
Usually for me, the farming for ores/etc passes time for while I'm queued up for dungeons. I enjoy it, it gives me something to do outside of work. Plus I'm usually bullshitting with either anyone on in the guild or my friends on SC2/WoW other servers from real life. A large part that I find appealing is being in the guild, the pseudo-socializing makes it worthwhile, because my job kind of limits my actual social life. Talking to people keeps me from going even more insane than I already am.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 am

Post by AGar »

InflatablePie wrote:THIS QUEST WAS AWESOME AND NEEDS TO BE A DAILY

Best quest in the Cata zones that I've been on so far (and I doubt anything will top this).
Agreed lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by AGar »

So I dropped like 3500g today...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by AGar »

No.

I got Darkmoon Card: Earthquake and the mats I needed for Elementium Earthguard. The Darkmoon deck alone cost me ~3000g. And then the Earthguard was the rest.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:44 am

Post by AGar »

Tans, I'm going to take this as you being interested in helping out with the website? Y/N?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (isolation #66) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by AGar »

Brock and I have been brainstorming a bit and are going to work on something. You're more than welcome to help. Just shoot me an email @ NW.Thrash.Unreal@gmail.com

And yeah, FTP would be best

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by AGar »

Whoop whoop! Bout time. Helloooooo easier rep grinds.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by AGar »

Dammit. I'm at work.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (isolation #69) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:loldrama

You're a bit late there dude.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (isolation #70) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by AGar »

Agree with tans/bbm.

Also, Tans, I got your PM I just haven't had a chance to read it and attempt to log on yet. I'll try it out today.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (isolation #71) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 am

Post by AGar »

Don't worry, it's only a passing fad. It hit me in February. You'll be back... you'll be back.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (isolation #72) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by AGar »

xRECKONERx wrote:But Jack Daniels makes me not feel feelings anymore.
This is very true.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 am

Post by AGar »

Wooo I'm gonna get sooo many extra bonuses for tanking :P

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (isolation #74) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 am

Post by AGar »

Ok... holy shit... but... WHY?!?!?!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (isolation #75) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:18 am

Post by AGar »

I'm still laughing at that particular Daily Blink.

Deeping haha.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (isolation #76) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, iPie, if you're still interested in trying out tanking, I'll see if I can make you some gear for it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (isolation #77) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by AGar »

The Dragonmaw helm is good. I'm using it atm. I also have the boots, once you get exalted. I'm using the Earthen Ring legs still, haven't come across a replacement for them, same for the Hyjal neck. Apparently the Hardened Obsidium set is only 289 shit, so I'm not gonna be of much use there.

Get your bracers from Isiset in HoO or Godfrey(?) in SFK. I've been using Breastplate of the Witness from a quest in GB. If you got rid of that already, then your options are limited to reforging something into useful stats for tanking. I can make you a redsteel breastplate, for instance, but it's haste/mastery. Rings I have both of mine heroic, but if you're Revered with Therazane, Felsen's Ring of Resolve is good. Siamat drops Ring of Three Lights, which I'm using, and there's a random dropping BoE in HoO that's only a 333 but pretty decent for tanking. I literally just DE-ed it earlier today, or I would've saved it for you.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:17 am

Post by AGar »

If anyone needs belt buckles, just shoot me an in-game mail or something. I usually get two of 'em for about 25 minutes spent on TB, sometimes more, sometimes less. All depends on how the Rich Pyrite veins fall.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:43 am

Post by AGar »

InflatablePie wrote:Woo, I got a non-tanking belt. Can I get a buckle please, AGar? :3

I also caused a wipe on (heroic) GB's third boss and left group instead of releasing spirit by accident. And didn't realize I could have used this ring for my tanking set. Oops. :x
No problem. I'll mail it to you, probably in an hour or so. Depends on if we control TB or not.

Good deeping belt.

And yeah, Umbriss Band is a good one. I used it for deeping but it can be a tanking ring too.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm off Wednesday. We should do stuff.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (isolation #81) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 am

Post by AGar »

I totally fell asleep last night, :/

Was way too tired to actually do anything.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (isolation #82) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:51 am

Post by AGar »

I'm busy till tuesday/wednesday next week now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (isolation #83) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:33 am

Post by AGar »

We should probably start stocking the GBank with Cata-shit... I've got some Elementium Bars to put in once I find out which tab.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (isolation #84) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:20 am

Post by AGar »

Apparently I'm not a shit tank. This is probably a good thing, considering the gold I've dumped into gear for my prot spec (that I rarely use?).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (isolation #85) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:17 am

Post by AGar »

FWIW, we should probably start firesaling off some of the non-cata shit (the old enchanting mats, ores, shit like that) and putting the gold from it in the gbank.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (isolation #86) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:08 am

Post by AGar »

Haha you'll be back.

They always come back.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (isolation #87) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:12 am

Post by AGar »

Good job then :p

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (isolation #88) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 am

Post by AGar »

InflatablePie wrote:Right. So.

Kind of lost internet for a while - the only way I'm able to go on now is via a mobile broadband thing, which isn't very fast, and it gets slower after 2.5gigs of data are downloaded. So I won't be able to run WoW as effeciently...

Plus if I cancel this and XBL it pays for this mobile broadband, so... I'm sorry to say that I'm temporarily /out of Modus. :(

I'll be back whenever I get proper internet again. Promise. I was kinda bored of the constant grinding anyways tbh.
Canceling your sub won't delete your account/toons, just so ya know. Unless it sits inactive for like two years I think. But yeah.

Sucks dude, hope you get that shit worked out.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (isolation #89) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:And on that note, happy Market Crash Eve!
Wooooooo

Can't wait for shit to be cheap.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (isolation #90) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 am

Post by AGar »

Pushing back tomorrow night's "Drunken WoW Night" to 10:30 PM (EST). Although you guys could start without me.

Gotta take my pre-licensing course while I have a day off. Wooo NYS bullshit regulations.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (isolation #91) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 am

Post by AGar »

I'm refusing to partake after the shit I saw in the thread.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (isolation #92) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 am

Post by AGar »

DWARF?!?!?!

WE ARE HORDE DAMMIT.

But really.

Also, patch day. I'm DLing.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (isolation #93) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:02 am

Post by AGar »

Ouch, yeah I understand man.

Maybe when I don't have all weekdays off we'll get at that. Maybe.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (isolation #94) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:06 am

Post by AGar »

I hate patch day. Server downtime extended an hour and a half. It wouldn't be so bad if there was someone in my town to chill with, but noooooooo.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (isolation #95) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote: but gonna be completely selfish here and tank the random's solo for my bag of goodies.
You do realize that you don't just "get the bag of goodies" for being a tank right? Tank might not be a CtA for weeks, in theory.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (isolation #96) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:30 am

Post by AGar »

Jesus christ we just got 4.1.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:30 am

Post by AGar »

BTW did anyone watch the 4.1 trailer? Fucking awesome.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (isolation #98) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 am

Post by AGar »

ZG looks like it was relatively straightforward.
ZA I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll assume that was the one to prepare for repairs because of the gauntlet event.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (isolation #99) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 am

Post by AGar »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/225 ... ew_comment

Someone has a bit too much free time on their hands.

E: Tans, you wasted money lololol. Would've been better off getting the 7G and Xai.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (isolation #100) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:22 am

Post by AGar »

So are we still a guild or uhhh... yeah.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (isolation #101) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:30 am

Post by AGar »

xRECKONERx wrote:Yes, we are.
I'll be back sometime around the start of the summer. After I sell my PS3 and build my new computer.

Awesome. I might even have a new job more conducive to raiding at that point...

I'm being hopeful here.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (isolation #102) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by AGar »

Laaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaa-aame

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (isolation #103) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 am

Post by AGar »

Thursday night people should get on for .... something.

BTW - anyone who's run Zul'Aman now, how long did it take you? It took my group earlier 2.5 hours, but we had a really shitty healer. At least I think we did.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (isolation #104) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 am

Post by AGar »

Nice.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (isolation #105) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:44 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah. We had a few down periods because of AFK mage, but still... 2 and a half hours later I was like "You gotta be kidding me." We were wiping on stupid shit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (isolation #106) » Mon May 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by AGar »

He literally sat there on the last boss in phase 1 and didn't heal me when I got the DoT, then started raging "Warrior, why you standing in shit? I'm not gonna heal you if you keep dying."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (isolation #107) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:20 am

Post by AGar »

Lol nice.

Thursday night peeps. Get on. We'll do something... or something... yeah.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (isolation #108) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:18 am

Post by AGar »

I probably won't be on till 8-9 EST, but I'll be on all night, probably until 2 or 3 in the AM, maybe later.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (isolation #109) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by AGar »

4.2 is officially on PTR. Let's just say some of the class changes are... interesting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (isolation #110) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by AGar »

Ok, sounds good. I ended up watching Undercover Brother (funny movie, terribly racist) so I'm just logging on now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (isolation #111) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah fucking 4.1.0A fucking up the 1 addon I actually use frequently... you go Blizzard.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (isolation #112) » Sat May 07, 2011 1:46 am

Post by AGar »

Noice.

Yeah, Phase 3 was what killed us, and partially because the mage bitch feared me and BR can't break it, and it's a looong fear. Otherwise I think I could've at least gathered them up and given it a fairly good shot at AoEing them down.

Honestly, I don't think a DK could solo it for that fact alone - there is no breaking that fear that I can tell of and it's got what seemed like forever on a duration. Enough to basically ensure we wiped there.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (isolation #113) » Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 am

Post by AGar »

Fuck Jin'do.

Fuck him.

Fuck him so much.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (isolation #114) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:And sounds like Agar had a fun ZG run.

Stupid groups make that encounter not fun at all.

Start: Queue as DPS for random Zandalari heroic.
- Get ZG. Whatever. Hate it, but ok.
- Phase in to in progress dungeon. On Jin'do. Sweet! Final boss, here comes hopefully 140 relatively easy VP.
- Wipe once. Ok, this one was my fault. I stood in a chain instead of next to it on my bodyslam. Wasted the bodyslam. We wiped.
- Take blame. Notice SPriest is doing ~3k DPS. WTF?
- Turns out SPriest is in half healing gear... but not enough to DPS OR Heal. Pallyhealz has a ret spec, but SPriest is like "Nooooo can't heal." What the fuck dude?
- DKTank wants to carry SPriest. Fuck it, I'll tear through buff food like it's going out of style to carry this guy.
- Wipe twice more. Pally healz quits. *sigh*
- Receive new healer in Drood healz. Sweet!
- Wipe once. Drood calls out tank for taking way too much damage. We all inspect tank. Tank has mostly PvP gear, 2 pieces 346 DPS gear, and 2 pieces 333-346 tank gear. Total dodge rating was like... 200, and parry might have been 250. Lolsrsly?
- We get in shouting match with tank. Tank starts going "Wahhhhh." I point out he has no mitigation, healers don't have infinite mana, he's poorly geared. Healer backs me up. Boom, roasted.
- Tank challenges me to tank it. I say fuck it, why not.
- I tank it. Things go much smoother in terms of the survival, but RDPS is still atarded. :(
- SPriest quits. Thank god.
- Drood heals quits. :(
- We get new SPriest and Pallyheals.
- 11 wipes later, me and DK-nowDPS rage at Hunter and new Spriest for wasting bodyslams repeatedly because "Lolz we're DPSing chains guys!" I ragequit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (isolation #115) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:56 am

Post by AGar »

I've yet to clear ZG. First time I ran it, our tank wanted to chainpull like it was a regular and decided he didn't need to explain shit. Half the group quit. Second time, we cleared all but Jin'do. Wiped a number of times on him because Random Dungeon Finder gave us only one ranged (really think you need two to beat it at this point in time). Third time was with you/Tans, and I had to leave after the first boss. Final time was that run.

I really want to clear that, because it's not that hard. If you don't waste the bodyslams, it's a cake walk, but my group kept being like "LOLOLOL FACEROLL FACEROLL"

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (isolation #116) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 am

Post by AGar »

Up to 348 for my prot spec. Finally have a full true tank set of gear and not using DPS bracers anymore.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (isolation #117) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:47 am

Post by AGar »

You read that as: AGar will tank ZA/ZG when he's around so long as people aren't fucking retarded and I don't wipe on Jin'do 11 times.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (isolation #118) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 am

Post by AGar »

No. I didn't even bother queueing earlier today, I just ran a couple regs to get the last push to exalted with ramkahen, and managed to get enough JP in the process to upgrade my tanking hands to 346 from 333. I may run it tonight, assuming I'm awake. I'd like to get the clear, but I dunno. Just seems to piss me off every time.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (isolation #119) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 am

Post by AGar »

I'm now reading one of the best ways to burn the spirit world is to have a healer kite the spirits, if possible. Mainly resto drood, I don't know how many other classes have HoTs for efficient heals, but that sounds pretty boss if you ask me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (isolation #120) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 am

Post by AGar »

Flameaxe wrote:Agar: They fixed the first boss of BWL finally. What nights are you on this week so we can tackle that place out for classic raider? (Kai and I we're 4 eggs from 2 manning it tonight :( )

I'm off tonight this week. That's about it. I was off last night too, but passed out wicked early. I'm down tonight though, definitely.

Yeah. PUGs are basically just unattentive as fuck. I know I can be sometimes, tbf.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (isolation #121) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 am

Post by AGar »

Pfft. Studying for finals is overrated. /musicmajordropout

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (isolation #122) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:48 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, it's O-Chem. O-Chem is rough, sooooo many of my friends got raped silly by it. Poor forensics majors lol. Worst classes for me were physics.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (isolation #123) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:53 am

Post by AGar »

Oof. Well get to studying so we can get to beating the face of BWL in later :p

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (isolation #124) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 am

Post by AGar »

Aight, sounds good. I'll be on from like 8 - 1 or 2 EST most likely, although can probably be on much later than that.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (isolation #125) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by AGar »

Offline for the time being, I'll hop on if I see one of you guys hop on. (Remote guild chat ftw).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (isolation #126) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by AGar »

Or an Itouch :P

Seriously though, I've been running around with my BB for 2 years now, and it's not worth it anymore. I'm switching to Droid in the next month, it's got so much more support from app developers, the actual OS is better, and there is wayyy more variety among the Android OS. As soon as you can, ditch BB. It's generally obsolete anymore.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (isolation #127) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by AGar »

Internet decided to just have seizures and isn't letting me on WoW/Mobile Gchat. WTFFFFFFFFFFF.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (isolation #128) » Wed May 11, 2011 11:45 am

Post by AGar »

Ouch. That's a tough blow.

Guys, I was having crazy thoughts earlier today. Like trying to simultaneously level 10 characters 1-85 without heirlooms, guild XP boosts or anything, one of each class... for fun.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (isolation #129) » Thu May 12, 2011 12:13 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... s/advanced

PURRRRRRRRPLES!!!!

..and that 1 damn blue...

I see 7 blues and a failed Character Audit (3 unenchanted items and a missing belt buckle).

Tsk tsk. :P

Also, I was under the impression that Sub was the preferred PvP spec for Rogues, but I haven't really followed that all that much. Most top arena rogues are running an 8/2/31 or 10/0/31.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (isolation #130) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 am

Post by AGar »

I'll stick to my PvE lol. I've tried PvP, I'm terrible at it.

But yeah, guild challenges are loleasy guild XP.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (isolation #131) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:I WISH GUILD BANK REPAIRS WERE TURNED ON, COUGH COUGH.

WE'RE LEVEL 5 NOW.

Also, I actually have my bloodied pyrium set, so who knows. I can always try and be decent at PvP :P

Also Kai - do what I'm doing. Farm random regulars for the 140 JP bonus then convert it all to honor heh.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1355 (isolation #132) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:06 am

Post by AGar »

I agree with that one.

Ninja: Like clearing ZG? Please? Anyone? ... :(

I feel so unloved every time I get that dungeon.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (isolation #133) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:24 am

Post by AGar »

Dear god man.

I swear, if you get Zin'Rokh...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (isolation #134) » Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am

Post by AGar »

He really is. Bit I'm going to farm it this week as well. ZinRokh..

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (isolation #135) » Sat May 14, 2011 11:55 am

Post by AGar »

Haha nice.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (isolation #136) » Sat May 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by AGar »

I'll cut you Tans.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (isolation #137) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by AGar »

They probably are lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (isolation #138) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by AGar »

Yessssssss

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1373 (isolation #139) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm off Monday/Tuesday. Guild runs should occur.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (isolation #140) » Sat May 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by AGar »

RNG hates you lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (isolation #141) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:35 am

Post by AGar »

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (isolation #142) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:43 am

Post by AGar »

Fenchurch, I lost a lot of respect for you right there. I'm not sure I had it, but if I did... I lost it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (isolation #143) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 am

Post by AGar »

(Side-note: Full version of that song is better than the shortened TV version).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (isolation #144) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 am

Post by AGar »

I suddenly want Tri-spec so I can pick up a Fury spec and play around with it. Arms is fun with Lolblades, but the appeal of TG is still fun sometimes >:-D

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (isolation #145) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:Is it Fury spec that does insane damage? Was with 2 warriors the other day and was shocked at their DPS, on bosses they were at 16k (5 man) - which wasn't too far behind me

Fury/Arms can pull about equal, if played right.

Fury is a bit simpler. It's Raging Blow -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow -> Other ability not on cooldown -> Raging Blow -> Bloodthirst. Insert slam when it procs. Heroic strike if you're above 90 rage. At 20%, spam execute 5 times to build 5 stacks of Executioner, return to rotation, inserting execute every 7 seconds or so to maintain 5 stacks of executioner. Profit.

Arms is more... complex. Open with charge, rend. Jump to berserker. Mortal strike. Back to battle. Try and double overpower. Back to berserker. Mortal strike. Slam. Colossus if you can. Back to battle. Double overpower if you're good. Back to berserker. Bounce back and forth between the two, staying in berserker for all but overpower. With the new patch, mortal strike keeps up rend. At 20%, spam execute for 5 stacks of executioner, then proceed with regular "rotation". Colossus smash has random uptimes, and is only really beneficial if you can get a string of mortal strike - overpower - slam or overpower - overpower - mortal strike off in 6s. I'm not doing the stance dancing atm, because I'm waiting to get a new mouse with side buttons for battle->berserker and berserker-> battle. So my rotation right now is something like "charge -> rend -> mortal strike -> overpower -> slam -> mortal strike -> slam -> colossus smash -> overpower -> overpower -> mortal strike -> slam -> overpower...." and I still put out about 14k on a boss if I'm focusing properly and buffed with my shout and such, on 5mans.

And yes, JDodge, Lolblades would not be a go at that point.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (isolation #146) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:38 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
elitistjerks
Strength (assuming you're not leveling holy, obviously)

He said prot.

I "think" prot pallys can benefit from stacking stamina still. Thats why I said check EJ

No tanking class benefits from stacking stamina at all.

Did you miss the posts that have been scattered throughout the past few months?

You should have enough health to be able to survive the big hits that you can't avoid, but then it becomes a mitigation game. Dodge, Parry and Mastery. STR gives Parry on top of threat boosts, so STR should be a good stat. I have 10% parry on my warrior
in Arms
because of the bonuses STR gives.

For Prot Paladins, just like Prot Warriors, Mastery is your best mitigation stat
in endgame raiding situations
. It suffers 0 from diminishing returns and adds some 2.25-2.5% of block chance per point of Mastery. Then it becomes a thing of Parry vs. Dodge, which should be kept roughly equal in order to minimize the affect that diminishing returns has. I believe only Prot Warriors want to prioritize Parry over Dodge
rationally, to a certain degree
because of the Hold the Line talent.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (isolation #147) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:34 am

Post by AGar »

I think I brokeded recount. I'm not sure though. But I think I did.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (isolation #148) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by AGar »

Nobody cares :P

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (isolation #149) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:01 am

Post by AGar »

I'm off Monday/Tuesday this week. We should totally do stuff as a guild and stuff.

Like raids and shit mannnn.

And farming shit mannnn.

And... yeahhhh mannnnn.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (isolation #150) » Sat May 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm half and half on this.

I don't like the idea of giving all of their officers officer status. Some is fine, but (especially when we have no clear "direction" for some of ours it feels like) all of them feels like now we get pushed out of the mix/you'll have two opposing factions vying for control [maybe we should rename the guild to "Tol Barad - Guild Edition"] of the guild.

I do like getting a pickup on raiding sooner, but at the same time, I don't want to basically see us get shoved around because they're more focused on raiding (it seems) than we have been able to been.

I definitely want to see what else they have/want but right now I'm leaning against it slightly.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (isolation #151) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:15 am

Post by AGar »

Also, how does everyone stand for Tuesday vs. Monday? I forgot I'm supposed to go drinking with my buddy Monday, but that can be pushed to a later date if more people are gonna be around Monday.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (isolation #152) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:35 am

Post by AGar »

JDodge wrote:
AGar wrote:I'm half and half on this.

I don't like the idea of giving all of their officers officer status. Some is fine, but (especially when we have no clear "direction" for some of ours it feels like) all of them feels like now we get pushed out of the mix/you'll have two opposing factions vying for control [maybe we should rename the guild to "Tol Barad - Guild Edition"] of the guild.

I do like getting a pickup on raiding sooner, but at the same time, I don't want to basically see us get shoved around because they're more focused on raiding (it seems) than we have been able to been.

I definitely want to see what else they have/want but right now I'm leaning against it slightly.

would everyone somewhat on-the-fence-leaning-against agree that the main issue we have in this merger is that we don't actually have enough organization on our own side to support bringing in a bunch of new people?

(I speak for myself here)

Actually, yeah. Pretty much that. Part of it is, I think, with Reck out for the past monthish, I myself haven't really put much into doing "productive" stuff for the guild, and I'm not sure everyone else has either - because I wasn't sure what was up with the guild altogether. I haven't been spamming my recruit macro, I haven't been "PR-ing" (I think that's my council position). I've been logging on, running stuff and just trying to get geared atm. I'd like to see us get a bit more organized first before we take on something like this, personally. It is something that we could theoretically do in a few days, outside of the website, and get our heads on straighter.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (isolation #153) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:34 am

Post by AGar »

Triple post, bear with me.

Where do we actually stand on our 85s who would be not far off from raiding? Not saying tomorrow, but a few runs of heroics (with good drops, obv) and some crafted items and should be in good shape? This also might affect our decisions. (Tans/BBM - who would your mains be?)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (isolation #154) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:48 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah, the guild name might help.

BBM - the main thing was more for just us. Mine isn't either, I feel ya 100%, it was just curiosity on what kind of comp we "have" lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (isolation #155) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:53 am

Post by AGar »

I've actually seen that guy trying to recruit this morning in Org.

Didn't read his message, just knew a lot of people going "Dude, sounds like a Nazi reference. No way."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (isolation #156) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:05 am

Post by AGar »

It's an 11/12 Lock and a couple 3/12-4/12 guys and then a few with BH. Of class/spec combos we don't have, we gain a Spriest, the Lock and a mage.

The SPriest looks well geared/enchanted.
The Lock is.
The Mage is half-gemmed/half-enchanted and is either an alt or a new member.

both the SPriest and the Mage are the lowest rank in the guild

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (isolation #157) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:18 am

Post by AGar »

Just talked to one of their guys briefly.

- Raiding is "their only direction" right now.
- Details of importance to them are which guild merges into which & how many of us are looking to raid.
- Notes we are slightly undergeared. (I did point out that the same can be said for their group - the 356 arms warrior is in PvP gear, and a lot of them aren't fully gemmed/enchanted/etc).

While talking with Reck, we agreed to discuss this before any decisions are made, but it seems the general consensus here is we won't be going with it. They didn't seem to want to talk to me, so meh. I'll let Kai work on getting a final terms from them before anything else. Told them we'll be in contact.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (isolation #158) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah. The "discussion" was a total joke. They pretty much just kept whining about Reck holding the GM position, because Reck might go on a rampage and raid the gbank of the shit they were gonna put in. When assured that Reck was, in fact, casual as fuck, and had no use for raiding shit from the gbank, and ewhen assured that we had our methods of handling a situation like that arising, they kept bitching "But hje's not raaaaiiiddddiiiingggggg."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1456 (isolation #159) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by AGar »

Do you guys uh.. Need embersilk? I have like 6+ stacks sitting on my bank alt atm.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (isolation #160) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by AGar »

I'll start putting it in the mail or gbank.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (isolation #161) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 am

Post by AGar »

Who is your toon inHim?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (isolation #162) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:20 am

Post by AGar »

Ah ok. For some reason you left the guild recently?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (isolation #163) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by AGar »

It's a lockbox in a lockbox in a lockbox in a lockbox!

My tanking set is 348. Thought it was 351. Upgraded the belt. 348. Oh well. My tanking skillset needs fixing. But now that I'm back to my old reforging and going to use devastate again, it should be better than it was the other night (FTR, I've tanked some stuff before, never had that problem but then again - I was trying out what I had read in a post on EJ the other night).

Anyways, I'm going to probably spend the day brushing up on tanking 101 in regs, since I'll get ~1800 JP just from running random regs 7 times. More if I get HoO any more than 1 time. If I get lucky and get it 7, I get 2500 JPs. Which is enough for a pair of 346 legs in either DPS or tanking (I'll probably go tanking). I'lll also run some heroics (Cata) [as DPS] to get more orbs, since I promised BBM 3 and I want 3 myself to get Hardened Elementium Hauberk soon, and upgrade my tanking chest from 333->359.

The sets in the next two days should both be over 350. Legs are the biggest things (I swear to god 346+ plate legs only drop for fucking holy pallies).

So basically, if you see me on, and feel like running anything, hit me up.

{Pie come baaaacckkkkk, I need more people to nab Truegold Xmutes from lolol}

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (isolation #164) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:48 am

Post by AGar »

Kai and I are both leveling and gearing other toons to be able to fill extra slots in raids. Lol.

Side note - our main priority should be rdps, we're stacked to the hilt on melee and have two to three tanks, depending on if brock chooses prot or holy as his main spec. Heals we have Dom/BBM/New druid (chill dude) + Kai in a pinch and if Reck/Brock get heals sets for emergency situations.

E: No Tuesday maintenance today, only rolling restarts. I'll probably hop on around 9-ish server time and start doing shit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (isolation #165) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:55 am

Post by AGar »

Actually, I was more speaking for anyone doing recruitment. Kai and I have been spamming a macro in Trade when we're in Org, and right now it says we're looking for healers/ranged DPS.

Since I'm technically supposed to be keeping on top of recruitment and all.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (isolation #166) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:02 am

Post by AGar »

WTF they're getting rid of keyrings... -_-

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (isolation #167) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am

Post by AGar »

We haven't established "set in stone" raiding nights, afaik?

I heard Kai mention Sunday/Tuesday last night in Vent as a possibility to the new heals, but it wasn't "Yes, we will be raiding every Sunday and Tuesday."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (isolation #168) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:11 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah, that's what I figured. ANd I might have heard wrong. I had just logged onto vent when you guys were talking about it.

BTW, potion of treasure finding + troggs in deepholm = profit

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (isolation #169) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 am

Post by AGar »

Don't worry, eventually SC2 will piss him off to the point of ragequitting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (isolation #170) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:07 am

Post by AGar »

But you could have so much fun with US!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (isolation #171) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by AGar »

I might actually have the desire to level toons now that I'm beyond the point of using JPs on Glasshammer for anything. Wheeee heirlooms.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (isolation #172) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah, keystones are huuuge in generating gold. Problem is I'm trying to power to 450, and keystones make that a lot easier, especially in the BC zones where you can use 2 keystones for some common artifacts. There's also a really cheap way to get two keystones to a vanilla common by getting within 11 or closer of the current projects threshold without keystones, using a keystone and then solving, and using a keystone on the next artifact.

Troll tablets are going to have the bottom fall out soon, though. Zin'Rokh will become less relevant with the 4.2 patch when it does drop (still 3-5 weeks out I think).

@Tans
How much did that cost, roughly? I really need a new laptop (or desktop if I can find one reasonable) to play on so I'm not lagging to stupidity thanks to graphics failure.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (isolation #173) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by AGar »

Thanks. I think that's a bit beefier than I might be looking for. Think I'm gonna go for building a mid-range desktop, honestly. i3/GTX 460/one SSD drive for OS/WoW/SC2/LoL.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1516 (isolation #174) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:31 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah, I'm actually surprised a bit at the prices, but yeah, that should stabilize things. Didn't think about that. I expected troll to be a bit higher on the end of things atm, but again - wrong. Lulz.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (isolation #175) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:
AGar wrote:Thanks. I think that's a bit beefier than I might be looking for. Think I'm gonna go for building a mid-range desktop, honestly. i3/GTX 460/one SSD drive for OS/WoW/SC2/LoL.

Called future-proofing.. laptop under 1k with those specs is sweet, and like I said, in the USA you could probably get that for 1-200 less than what I paid.

Yeah, that's true. I'll look into it. Depends on if I can get this second job/hold onto my first job or not in the coming weeks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (isolation #176) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by AGar »

The T12 set bonuses have been out for a while now, actually. A lot of them were datamined when PTR dropped.

The Warrior DPS 2p bonus is alright (Battle and Commanding Shout increase the warrior's physical damage by 10% for 12 second). The 4p bonus is going to be the bread and butter. (Mortal Strike and Raging Blow have a 30% chance to proc a Fiery Attack, dealing 100% weapon damage as fire). I think.

Other 4.2 notable changes:
- DKs, Warriors and Paladins no longer gain bonuses to their dodge rating from Agility, and our bonus to Parry rating from our Strength goes up to 27% from 25%. (I swore I posted this).
- Critical heals now give +100% of a normal heal, instead of +50%.
- Friendly raidwide/single target buffs and certain CC abilities no longer generate threat. (Hibernate, Entangling Roots, Wyvern Sting (will still cause hostility when it begins to deal damage), Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Repentance, Shackle Undead, Blind, Hex, Bind Elemental, Banish, Seduction is the CC list) Things like Thorns and Renew still generate threat.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (isolation #177) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 am

Post by AGar »

Best way to get Volatile Airs is go to Uldum and start beating on Scion of Al'Akir. They have the highest drop rate at an abysmal 12%. That or buy up Living Elements CDs. They usually go for ~100g, like Truegold.

Also - BBM, I have the orbs and the hardened elementium for the dagger. I have 12 of the 18 pyrium bars and 30 of the volatile waters and fires (out of 60 apiece). Just need 60 volatile airs and the truegold cds or you can just buy the 6 truegold bars. Just lemme know how you wanna do it and I'll send you whatever mats you need/you send me the mats at the end.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (isolation #178) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:51 am

Post by AGar »

Reck - they're directly west of Ramkahen in "Orsis" or whatever it's called. WOWhead 'em.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (isolation #179) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:02 am

Post by AGar »

Can we get a check running of who has what alts/who is playing in the guild and get those people appropriately ranked, then maybe consider clearing out some of the people who haven't logged on in say.... 5 months?

I have Glasshammer (Warr), Azagael (Mage), Zgagar (Hunter) & Garadok (DK).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1536 (isolation #180) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:54 am

Post by AGar »

The idea was more to clear out non-scummers who are inactive. Scummers should be allowed to stay as far as I'm concerned. But that's just me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (isolation #181) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:01 am

Post by AGar »

Side-note: I probably won't be on much, if at all, this week. Life and such. And the week after next, potentially. If you guys need something (like when BBM needs his dagger crafted) just lemme know and we'll set up a time for me to hop on and take care of it.

This will probably help off-set a burnout phase as well, so it's not terrible that life is happening right now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (isolation #182) » Tue May 31, 2011 2:49 am

Post by AGar »

So apparently the potions of treasure finding work on TB/TBP. If this is true, that's very fortunate knowledge to have. I was reading a random gold making blog, then saw their twitter, then a retweet, then followed it to a guys SS of him on TBP and then double-checked on WoWhead.

Update: Further review shows that it's not worth it to grind on TB. Stick to the Deepholm trogg fucks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1552 (isolation #183) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:13 am

Post by AGar »

Hornzz is Holy/Prot, no? I was under the impression that he was, but not 100% on that.

My tank set is at 348ish I think. I haven't logged out in it in a while, I will as soon as I can to check it.

I'll keep the embersilk flow going as much as I can, along with the volatiles. Belt buckles are the big things you guys will need from me, and maybe if someone needs to jump to a 346 weapon. Looks like I get to grind heroics for more orbs... lol. As do the LWs need to (who are our main LWs?)

Lemme know what we need from the BSing recipes, I have them all.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (isolation #184) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 am

Post by AGar »

tanstalas wrote:What's with all this raid talk once I leave and join a raiding guild?

We've been talking about raiding for about a week and a half to two weeks now...

Or did you just selectively ignore that part?

E: Also, who are the new Warlock and Druid? I know Raknarrak has a Warlock alt that's also 85.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (isolation #185) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:11 am

Post by AGar »

Kai, does the priest have a Shadow spec? If he does, we'll be able to carry him in heroics for a bit and he'll probably be able to gear up fairly easily as long as we have a non-cloth healer. Also he might be able to get some rep rewards if he's revered with anyone.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (isolation #186) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by AGar »

Awesome. I'll be around Mon/Tues, but then I won't be around for WoW until the 20th, outside of AH whoring and other fun stuffs.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (isolation #187) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:20 am

Post by AGar »

Ugh, you pick the worst times lol.

I'd so be game but the next two weeks are minimal wowing for me :/

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (isolation #188) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 am

Post by AGar »

So it would probably be best if we DIDN'T count on me as a steady raider... I'm very close to the point of just uninstalling and letting my sub run out over the next two months. Game always finds a way to get underneath my skin.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (isolation #189) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 am

Post by AGar »

Oh hey look... our Lock.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (isolation #190) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by AGar »

4.2 is likely to hit a week from Tuesday. I'll try things out the Monday before, see how it works out, then I'll be back to my usual schedule if it works out.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (isolation #191) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by AGar »

Two things of note.

1, I'll probably be sticking around.
2, my tanking gear is iLvl 349, and once I get my 3 chaos orbs and some gold, I'll get a nice jump - my chest will go from 333 to 359.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (isolation #192) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:22 am

Post by AGar »

Serious question: Are we actually going to do anything, or no? Because if not, I'm probably gonna cancel my sub. Not to be pushy, but this is the only reason I haven't just downright canceled it yet.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (isolation #193) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 am

Post by AGar »

Kairyuu wrote:@AGar: Matt wants to. I want to. You obviously want to. The problems lie in those of us (me included, though I'd stop if it actually looked like anything was going to happen) who randomly disappear, but say that they're interested in raiding. Also lack of any real progress on recruiting.

So, short answer is maybe. Longer answer is eventually, but only if the people who have expressed interest actually make an effort to get themselves ready and help recruit for the spots we're still missing.

I'm pretty much settled for now, aside from work, but now that's fairly flexible. If we hammer out two days to raid, I can tell them I need those two days off weekly - it's the same thing I did last summer, only I did it for another job last summer.

I've kind of been hesitant to recruit only because I don't know who is serious about it and who isn't, and I don't want to pull people in and go "Yeah, we'll raid soon..." and then it never happens. We lost 2 or 3 recruits over the past week, I checked that out last night.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (isolation #194) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 am

Post by AGar »

I still think having ~200 members is a ton for us to move into, personally.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (isolation #195) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 am

Post by AGar »

The dungeon journal entries for the Firelands bosses are occupying me currently.

Spoiler: Oh no, boss fight shit inside!
Beth'Tilac looks to be the gearcheck of the tier. Rhyolith looks gimmicky. Shannox and Alysrazor look fairly par for the course in terms of nothing too exciting mechanics wise. I have no clue what the fuck to make of Baelroc (periodically uses a "blade" that damages for 90% of the target's health in unmitigatable, irresistable Shadow damage, but always for at least 250k? Uhhh...). Staghelm looks disappointingly bland. Ragnaros looks good, although I'm a little disappointed that the more epic part of things is heroic mode only.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (isolation #196) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:27 am

Post by AGar »

Fuck, my addons.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (isolation #197) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by AGar »

I'll probably be on a bit tomorrow to check out the whole Molten Front beez neez.

I would've been much happier had they included a related 5man heroic as well.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1611 (isolation #198) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah that one.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (isolation #199) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 am

Post by AGar »

I work too much :(

Return to “The Arcade”