The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by SFG »

I play Horde on Exodar (worst server ever)

Chars:
Esuefuji (main) - Troll Shaman (Resto/Enh), almost lvl 85 (almost!), herbalism and inscription
Keynicus (for fos) - Belf Rogue (Sub/Com), forever lvl 60ish, herbing and chanting
Goldencalf (bank alt) - Tauren Warrior (Prot), currently lvl 45ish, skinning and mining

I also have some experience using my ex's draenei death knight. Keynicus exists so that I can farm Heavy Junkboxes and no other reason.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 am

Post by SFG »

inHimshallibe wrote:Woot.

I have no characters that I care anything about at the moment. It makes no difference if we want to go Horde or Alliance, but we may want to wait and see if they open up new servers.

If Horde, my preferences:
Goblin Hunter
Troll Druid, Resto/Feral

If Alliance:
Dwarf Shaman, Enhance/MOAR ENHANCE
Enhance is AWESOME as long as you don't really care about raiding/intancing. If you do care about these, you will probably be pushed quietly into Resto if at all possible (like me!)

Also...feral druid as in bear or kitty? Important difference. :P
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by SFG »

xRECKONERx wrote:the ability to fly in Azeroth is totally worth it.
this. this. a thousand times this. Also Utgarde Pinnacle is fine the first 30 times you do it, but after that....new instances are welcome. Hopefully we won't get another HoR or Oculus.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:33 am

Post by SFG »

Each of my chars is in a different guild (although I think my rogue got gdropped while i wasnt looking), but I tend to like active raiding guild because well...I love raiding. Love it, love it, love it. Hate pugging it. Sadly, I got gdropped from the awesome raiding guild I had been in when I went latent for 2 months and still haven't gotten back in. :(

On a side note, Reck, are you going to update the OP at some point with the new info? :P
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 am

Post by SFG »

I believe that the trial only allows you to reach level 20, which means that you wouldn't be able to get dual spec unless you bought a subscription. Also, backstabbing is excellent for early rogue play, unless you go combat.

I like raiding because its not really something you can do in your sleep. You close your eyes during Marrowgar and in 10 seconds you're dead from the blue flames he shat on you. Not only that, different fights are different, and different levels of different fights also change things. If you fall off the lootship in normal, you get ported back and keep fighting. If you fall off in heroic, you die. If you get bored of the endgame you're in, you can go back to earlier endgames as well. I used to solo Zul'gurub, a level 60 raid that got deleted in Cata, and that was still challenging. That said, as far as I can tell there are several different types of endgaming. Some people collect mounts. Some people collect pets. Some people collect achievements. Some people max out their gearscore. Some people max out their arena rating. Some people collect reputations. Some people work on Feats of Strength. Some people rake up oodles of money by playing the Auction House. Some people collect profession recipes. Some people explore the 70% of questlines they didn't get around to while leveling. If you don't really like any of the above, then you can always develop altitis and try all the different classes/specs/races/professions. It really is flexible to the desires of any individual.

I have two personal goals: [Insane in the Membrane] and [Mimiron's Head]. Although, even after I achieve them I will probably retain my love of raiding. There's nothing quite like beating that boss with only the holy paladin and the rogue alive while watching from my corpse and screaming "BURN HIM BURN HIM" into vent.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:54 am

Post by SFG »

You can't actually roll need on gear you can't equip anymore, they fixed that.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:09 am

Post by SFG »

toons are just characters you have. Some of them have special names, like your main, your bank-alt, etc. But "toon" is just the general term.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by SFG »

D: my guild tracked me to this website and found out about my two alts, what do i do now?

Shamans and leveling: shamans are fucking awesome to level because you dont have mana problems until level 20 when the uberregen cuts off (lvls 1-20 have absurd out of combat health and mana regen rates), and at level 20 you get this awesome thing called "water shield" that gives you free mana. Even better if you spec enhancement because then you get mana from just beating the shit out of random enemies. Plus, you can heal yourself.

Leveling in dungeons: this is actually the fastest way to level, especially if you have heirlooms (which im guessing most of you guys don't but oh well). The other great source of experience is holiday quests. No, I'm not kidding, generally they involve you going up to someone or something and talking to it and then you get 1/15 of a level and some cash and sometimes a nice buff. Right now you talk to people standing in pools of light cause its lunar festival, and they're all over the place (check out wowwiki if you want a comprehensive list...its long). Plus, you get achievements, if you're into that kind of thing. Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays have the bonus of basically letting you breeze through levels 1-400ish of cooking and basically paying all of your expenses with the dailies.

...man I wish there was a way friends via RealID could dungeon together >_> keep the incompetents out of my heroics!
The textwaller of d00m

Return to “The Arcade”