Open 276- Friends and Enemies Mafia (OVER)

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Elmo »

VOTE: Abelcain

Now there's a screen name you don't see every day. Why did you choose that? Do you prefer being scum?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Elmo »

Abelcain wrote:Also, I've noticed that the people who point out the scumminess of the last half of my name fail to acknowledge the inherent towniness in the first half. Scum purposely avoiding information to throw us off track?
Well, if you're half trustworthy and half treacherous, that's still fairly scummy - maybe worse than if you constantly acted evil, since people would know what to expect? :) You didn't answer the question, though.
Abelcain wrote:I agree with Fate that Hoopla should have defended herself earlier than she did
I'm going to echo flinter's sentiments, here - where do you think Fate said this? Why do you agree with this?

I'm trying and failing to see a basis for this Hoopla thing. I'm not sure why a scum game is being linked as the example for her town play; she seemed fine to me in PYP4.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Elmo »

UNVOTE: Abelcain, VOTE: Nobody Special

Say something, preferably about Andrius.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Elmo »

Nobody Special wrote:It's just weird when someone talks on and on at length about
(almost) everyone in the game except me,
then votes me. With no reason or explanation.

Don't you think?
That is like the sketchiest possible answer. You also haven't commented on Andrius
at all
, despite being asked to since he's kind of a major topic - what's up with that?
parknourie, to andrew wrote:What your posts contain seems to be as ineffective as what is in mine.
This I don't understand. Why're you attacking him for playing like you if you're town? More generally, why'd you say he plays bad and then interpret bad play as suspicious? I can see the former if he's matching his meta for either alignment, but I haven't actually seen anything suspicious. It'd also be nice if you could comment on some other people - who do you think are his buddies if he's scum, for instance?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Elmo »

Listen, I'm actually largely in agreement with the sentiment towards Andrius, but I don't feel it's healthy to just have zero pressure on the remainder of the game. I'd feel pretty disappointed in retrospect if I let e.g. NS slip through today without doing anything ever. Having said that, Andrius wasn't doing much and is now lurking too, my patience is expiring and eventually I'll just kill whoever. I'm going to leave my vote on Andrius in light of what Danny just said; I didn't know NS was like this regardless of alignment, though I'm not inclined to let him off the hook on that basis. UNVOTE: Nobody Special, VOTE: Andrius
Dafish wrote:But it sounds fake as hell. I see no logical connection between the start of his lynch on andrew and his frustration with people not following him.... what did he expect to happen? In any case, I think his reaction is purposefully being augmented.
I think it looks unnatural, which could be the product of either forgery or some bias with respect to andrew that I'm not privy to; see his first post on the matter. I'm actually more worried about it being used as a device to avoid commenting on anything relevant - andrew's behaviour is there for anyone to see, but we haven't had any commentary on e.g. Andrius or Fate from park. That said, park doesn't read particularly scummy to me at the moment... I'm somewhat negative towards people on this wagon since it seems a natural counter to a potential Andrius/NS wagon.

parknourie: Could you please comment on someone else? What do you think of Fate, Hoopla, Andrius, for example?

I'd actually forgotten ABR was in this game, which seems out of perceived character for him. Albert, why haven't you done something "crazy" yet? :)

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Elmo »

parknourie wrote:For someone going V/LA for a single day, your participation in this game is quite intriguing Empking.
I'd actually have to agree with Empking, this is pretty scummy. Scratch what I said about the park wagon being dubious. Park, why specifically would scum post
more
in this situation? Why would Empking lie about going on V/LA? You've vaguely implied he's suspicious without giving any reason or actually trying to attack him. Why's that?

I didn't like Andrius much, I'm quite liking Empking's contribution at this point. I'm still unhappy with letting NS pass by unhindered. If Empking and Nobody Special continue their respective posting trends, I might hop wagons.
Nobody Special wrote:@Elmo: I honestly thougt I had talked about Andrius. Turns out I haven't. Lemme ISO him and get back to you.
I've still had absolutely no response. You've just dropped your vote on Andrius/Empking without any kind of justification and left it there, with a hefty dose of submarining thrown in.
Nobody Special wrote:You CANNOT be serious.
Could you actually explain why he's wrong?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Elmo »

Nobody Special wrote:Very simple. I'm town and therefore have no reason to "protect" park. It's the height of absurdity to even suggest.
If you're actually town, I suggest you start saying things that make me want to lynch you
less
. Suggesting that you're scum for a given reason in a game where the point is to find the scum is a long way from absurd; deflecting accusations instead of answering them, regardless of their apparent merit, is scummy.
Nobody Special wrote:Besides, I was talking about Andrius being scummy before Empking came in. Empking hasn't changed my perception.
I don't think this constitutes a defence; nothing of that necessarily contradicts his position.

Return to “Completed Open Games”