Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Furcolow wrote:1) how did you start playing mafia?
2) Are you better as scum, or town? Why?
3) What are your thoughts on the current setup?
1) Well, you see, I invented the game, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
2) Scum. As you can tell by my wiki-record, I am most often scum, and have never lost a game as scum.
3) Beware that you actually brush up a bit on the Cold War. Who was with who? Who wasn't?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 am

Post by GhostWriter »

You all seem to be debating things about who was or wasn't on the "bad" side of the Cold War. Look at the mod's post. Who during the cold War era could have benefited from causing the war to heat up? We're too focused on Capitalism vs. Communism/America vs. Russia when we think of that. What if it isn't that? What if the Russians in this game want the war over, and other countries around that time didn't, as they'd have something to gain by making it bloody?

I don't actually know, since I didn't read up on it. I specifically mentioned it because I hadn't done it and it would seem like something I should have. Figured I could get someone else to do it for me by mentioning it. I'm thinking maybe Japan, probably Germany. Both would have reasons to be upset after WWII.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:37 am

Post by GhostWriter »

That would by why my answers are clearly not answers.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

EGL wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:NO MORE ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS

I am completely serious about that, I have no idea how many times I have to reitterate it.
You don't get to dictate these things, you know.
Do you disagree with his reasoning behind why not to?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

For me, the big flaw in the "only mafia would think only Soviets were mafia" is that the mafia wouldn't be all Soviets, so why would they think they were all only comprised of Soviets?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

That's what we call a "red herring". The Cold War involved much more than two countries. If this is anywhere near accurate, then I'd think of China as more of an instigator than Russia. I mean, they did back North Korea during that time, remember?

Preview Edit: My point is that people are jumping on this wagon, only thinking "she must be mafia because she thinks all mafia are Soviets, blah blah blah, and only mafia would do this, blah blah blah, let's leave only two methods of thinking". Right. Because you all had the wincon memorized before someone reposted it for you, right? And someone getting distracted by the giant America/Soviet flag at the top of the page as well as the possible mafia wincon couldn't possibly think that maybe we were up against Soviets, that just doesn't happen, does it? And it's not like they COULD still apply that possibly mafia wincon to our own wincon and say that the Soviets are the threat to peace, could they? To me, there's real mafia on her wagon. I just need to figure out who.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Lowell wrote:Llama is right. THere's nothing to be gained by playing this question game. And I think setup discussion only aids scum.

vote ghost
. The meta-talk, the setup-talk, take your pick.
I'm sorry, I'm going to need this explained to me a bit better.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Beasts of the Sea wrote:2. Ghost Writer's reference to his wiki in post #27 is a lie. He says he's undefeated as scum, but he's clearly not.
2. Good pick up.
Are you two being funny or are you really not getting it? Look at my first 2 answers. Notice a theme there? No? Well, simply read on of my other posts in which I openly say they were purposely and obviously false answers. Way to fail. I wrote the wiki, of course I know my own game record. If you honestly find that to be a good pick-up, then you may want to learn what a good pick-up is, especially since it would mean you didn't pick up on the fact that the answers were false.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

GhostWriter wrote:people are jumping on this wagon, only thinking "she must be mafia because she thinks all mafia are Soviets, blah blah blah, and only mafia would do this, blah blah blah, let's leave only two methods of thinking". Right. Because you all had the wincon memorized before someone reposted it for you, right? And someone getting distracted by the giant America/Soviet flag at the top of the page as well as the possible mafia wincon couldn't possibly think that maybe we were up against Soviets, that just doesn't happen, does it? And it's not like they COULD still apply that possibly mafia wincon to our own wincon and say that the Soviets are the threat to peace, could they?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Being deterred by Rat? How so? The statement on this page aside, the last time Rat said something about this wagon in a negative way was when he called your hop onto it as bad. Which was true. You either soft-claimed while doing it, or honestly suggested that your anti-town ass dying was a bad thing.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:33 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Yay, more softclaiming! Because that's what we asked for! And ATE to top it off like a cherry on a sundae!
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Mudslinging? He posted decent reasons to get off the wagon and vote you. Both times. You only give a damn because you're the second largest wagon and you're trying not to die, regardless of your ATE statements claiming otherwise.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

My lack of placing a vote is due to the fact that both the lead wagons are on two players who are clearly VI's.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

The vast majority of those people, town or scum, are using the same reasons to be on it. Since both are VI's, there are numerous ways to get onto the wagons without looking scummy. I've been spending the majority of this game trying to find who the scum are on both wagons. No doubt, most of, if not all, of the scum are on one wagon or the other by now.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Oh, yes, I'm scum who someone avoided both wagons, hasn't voted anyone, and has effectively done nothing visible to anyone else. Because that makes complete and utter sense. After all, it's not like either of these wagons have a decent chance of going through to a lynch, right? Oh, and save the WIFOM bullshit defense anyone tries to play. This is common sense. It'd be the dumbest thing to do as scum. And I'm not a dumb player.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Lowell, I've asked you this before, but I do not recall having it answered.

GhostWriter wrote:
Lowell wrote:Llama is right. THere's nothing to be gained by playing this question game. And I think setup discussion only aids scum.

vote ghost
. The meta-talk, the setup-talk, take your pick.
I'm sorry, I'm going to need this explained to me a bit better.
In a part of the game where most people were talking about meta and setup to condemn players, I was doing the opposite and got your vote. I can only assume that's what made me your target, but you never answered.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ThAdmiral wrote:He gave us a history lesson, and that's fine, but he also throws in lines like this:
GhostWriter wrote:To me, there's real mafia on her wagon. I just need to figure out who.
Which would be ok if he actually looked through the people on the PI wagon and actually tried to figure out who the scum were, but he didn't.
Incorrect. I'm simply not posting what I'm doing. It's a bunch of iso reading in one tab, game reading in another, and a third iso tab to cross-reference with other players based on the first tab. You expect me to post everything? Kind of funny.

Also, on that "history lesson" bit: knowing the flavor of the game helps out a lot. It can literally make all the difference in how the town sees the game and in how we know how the game should be played. I saw flavor confusion. I wanted to make sure everyone was up to snuff on the flavor, or that at least a large enough amount of us were. I know a little about it, info that still remains with me from high school history classes. I looked up a little bit extra before getting distracted (Wikipedia; start in one place, end up in anime no matter what), so I've got some ideas of what to expect. Granted, you said it was fine, I was responding more to those who had a problem with what I said.

@Lowell:
Would you mind telling me your opinions on ThAd?

@Nacho:
Could you explain your XScorp read to me?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Based only on iso posts up to #3, Jmj is a good place to look tomorrow. I say tomorrow, because we likely will not have time today. The reason we should look there is because he makes post about nothing, and seemed to over-react to LF's vote, which was clearly a pressure vote. A pressure vote that wasn't correctly reacted to. Also, if I hear one more thing about ME not posting anything after having read this iso... My early on stuff is better than this. Say what you say about speculation, it was still better than this.

Lowell, I'd like to ask you what is wrong with my discussion of the flavor/setup? No blanket theories on flavor/setup discussion being bad, I'll just post a game in which it was good. What was specifically wrong with what I said in this game and why was it wrong for this game?

Stephoscope is another player who needs to be looked at. The vote on Bvoigt seems, quick frankly, very weak. And then he wonders why Bvoigt hasn't commented on it? Probably because it ridiculous.

Should PI be lynched and flip town, XScorpion is someone to consider as scum pushing her wagon. After noting a possible language barrier, he continues to badger her to clarify things. No, she is not pro-town, I agree. I just put her in the same boat as Fur though. So I feel it's a VI lynch, and XScorp seems to be pushing it a scummy way.

Yeah, I know, people were expecting more, but there isn't more. The game has been dominated by the understandable wagons of two VI's. Reading things based on those wagons is difficult at best, since they've both given plenty to vote them for. Especially PI, with her disappearance under pressure. She, of course, is playing the marytr role, hoping town can pick apart her wagon and find scum, but that won't be easy if she doesn't fight them so that we have something to look back over and pick apart.

That said, Jmj is the best place to look, with Stephoscope being a good second. Jmj edges out Steph due in part to the fact that he's actually here.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am

Post by GhostWriter »

This deserved a post all it's own.

VOTE: Jmj3000
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Question: where is my vote?

And I wasn't going by the deadline, but by the speed of the PI wagon.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:28 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I type with perfect grammar whilst drunk. Just sayin'. Not like I'm bragging or anything.

I like the ThAd case. If I can't get what I want out of the Jmj wagon (which, by the way, I am not on for the main reason the others seem to be on it), then that's a very good alternate wagon, with possibilities of a connection from a scum-flip.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:55 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Nearly no content, over-reaction to what I feel was an early on pressure vote, and it's a wagon that I support.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ThAd, after seeing your defense, why exactly were you pushing my lynch?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Amrun wrote:GW (He seems to be delighting in a blatant refusal to scumhunt.)
Yet we share a scumread. Shit is crazy.

Anyway, you have a point in that a ThAd flip would most likely yield nice results both from his flip itself as well as from analysis. And my Jmj vote doesn't do much if Jmj isn't really here. Other than that, the case against ThAd is a good one, and his defense wasn't such as to deter me enough from his wagon. My hesitation to get on it was his (to me, it seemed) tunneling of me. It tends to be a townie move when someone tunnels. Also, inb4 someone screams OMGUS.

Unvote

VOTE: ThAd
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 am

Post by GhostWriter »

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

As I stated earlier, if I couldn't get what I wanted out of my Jmj vote, I'd move it to ThAd. He's done NOTHING to make me not feel it's the right place for my vote, outside of that one thing.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:40 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I wasn't aware that explaining why I changed my vote when I changed my vote was frowned upon. I should have simply quoted something someone said about you, made a one-liner agreeing with it without adding to it, and then voted. My bad.

Sarcasm aside, I know how the vote will look. I still feel it needs to be made. Therefore, I need to explain that it isn't just an OMGUS vote, but one I do feel is right, especially with Jmj vanishing. However, outside of the addition that your lynching will generate good analysis afterward, my reasons are reasons I've already had and hadn't voted with. So I explained why I had not voted before that point. That's not being cautious, that's explaining a vote.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

@ThAd
My iso clearly shows when I expressed interest in the case when it was first introduced. It also shows why I left the Jmj wagon, which is gaining more speed and may be useful to me again. Amrun has pretty much got it about why you are possibly the best flip analyzing target. Of the other major wagons PI-slot and Fur have VI-like play, making analysis incredibly difficult. Myself and I guess Rat as well haven't been talked about in depth as much as you. Jmj isn't even really here anymore, nor was he ever much of a presence. Gonnano is possibly closest.

Furcolow wrote:
DavidParker wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm pretty sure GhostWriter is scum. More sure than almost anyone.
reasoning?
why does this appear like you are defending jmj in your last two posts?
I would be pretty happy lynching him to check yours and GW's alignments based upon who was pushing him and who was defending him. It would probably be worthless, but it's something to think about as a town.
If I got off the wagon and he is still on the wagon, how is it he's defending the wagonee? How am I defending the wagonee?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

gonnano wrote:I think it's very likely that he was telling the truth about having difficulties in the real world, but I also think it's very likely he was exaggerating the magnitude of those difficulties.
Form what his location says, and what my news channel said about events occurring around that time, he was in a city, with inches of ice on the ground, and snow above that. He needed to get around the city. Takes quite a while. I doubt the magnitude was exaggerated. That's why I took my vote off. It was doing nothing, since the pressure of the vote was ineffective.

As LMP has stated, the replacement was null. Scum would most likely not do what yo say, as they wouldn't want to risk being lynched because they promise content and never deliver, just to try to pull off a rather longshot gambit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”