julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I find myself agreeing with EGL here, though I don't think he(? sorry, guessing) goes far enough:
EGL wrote:
DavidParker wrote:My pm from mod stating my role also made it rather clear, as it was a town pm, that there is probably town-aligned players of different nationalities (ie: people of other nationalities who only want peace, which makes sense thematically)
I find it interesting you explicitly state the PM you got was a town PM. It seems like subliminal messaging or something.

Anyway, my role PM didn't explicitly state that there are town aligned players of different nationalities. Town role PMs could be different in that some might explicitly state this and some might not.

I do find you have a point though on PoisonIvy thinking that it's America vs. Soviets due to the town win condition saying to eliminate threats against peace.

I'm going to maintain differing levels of skepticism that either of you have received pro-town roles, with a higher level of skepticism toward PoisinIvy than you. I would, however, like to point out I didn't like your three short posts in response to RedCoyote voting for you. They seemed defensive.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: PoisonIvy
FoS: DavidParker
My PM doesn't explicitly state whether or not there are town aligned players of different nationalities, either. Moreover, I don't see why other role PMs should be any different since the rules regarding nationality and alignment are in the first post, or so, and they are clearly different concepts - something David doesn't seem to quite grasp, by his use of 'probably'. My feeling then, is that David is bullshitting in grand style.

As such: VOTE: DavidParker

---

Others:
Scott Brosius wrote:RQS is useless and tends to delay scumhunting in my experience. It also tends to be longer than RVS which provides more fluff. I agree with Llama that it just tends to produce faketells that scum can run with.

Vote: Furcolow
Okay; did you think we were still in the RQS or even the RVS?
Stephoscope wrote:Hey julien; long time, no see, here's a vote for old time's sake.

Vote: julienvonwolfe
Hi!

And finally, as for PoisonIvy... meh. Small scummy tell maybe, and everyone jumping on because it's early game. It'll be more interesting to look back on, once we have some context, though.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

EBWOP, ninja'd many times: I'll add that I considered that EGL may have been soft-bussing David (is that a mafia term? Can I make it up? Somebody else can put it in the wiki for me if so), as I generally don't like FOSes when they follow a hefty case like that EGL made. However, bussing seems impossible in light of the comparison of role PMs; it would seem to only allow the possibility of these two being mafia in possession of a townie role PM and deciding, before the game, to bus. And that would be stupid.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

DavidParker wrote:@Julien: I don't quite see what you are arguing.. I attacked someone for saying that "town=us, soviet=scum" more or less, and i responded by saying there is most likely town allied players of both nationalities, i can't confirm this, but the mod game info suggests there is, as does my PM to a certain extent imply certain things without explicity stating them (hence I use probably). If I didn't believe what you are saying I'm "bullshitting in grand style", then why would I attack someone using this as my argument?? This is the central idea built behind my vote on poisonivy, and you are claiming I wasn't convincing enough because I used "probably".. If i didn't believe it why on earth would I have voted/pushed poison ivy's wagon?
Okay, thanks for clarifying your position... I didn't read properly and when EGL's post took you out of context, I was taken in. I agree that you have a good understanding of the rules and that I was going down the wrong track. I'm pleased actually, since I found EGL's post scummy - hence my post about bussing - thanks to the FOS and the strained and silly point about 'subliminal messaging.' I don't think it's subliminal if, as EGL even says, it's explicitly stated. (RedCoyote, thanks, but I have to backtrack. Bugger)

I have to confess that I don't really get the PoisonIvy wagon. Sure there's some uselessness, but I don't see anything deserving of a nine vote wagon. Furcolow strikes me as town, as well, probably a bit desperate. I don't see scum saying 'for reasons of survival', since scum in general are playing for survival and are trying very hard not to say so - or at least, that's my experience. I can see how this is a WIFOM argument and that, since humanity has infinite ability to surprise, I might be wrong... but that's my feeling for now.

So, given my uneasiness with EGL's FOS against you (David) and given the PoisonIvy wagoning, I'm going to go with EGL. Note that while I'm leaning town for Fur, I'm still 50/50 on PI based on the lack of content.

UNVOTE: DavidParker
VOTE: EGL

Ninja: Okay, Fur, why are you so scared?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

EBWOP: Now that I count, that seems to be six votes on Fur. So my question is silly. My new one: is wagoning another person for survival really a good tactic in your mind?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Furcolow wrote:Well, I've seen her as town, and this is not her as town
I do not want to have to claim, but my survival is good for the town.
Who said anything about claiming? Can you link me to the meta you refer to?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:38 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Also - V/LA for at least two nights, as noted in my post in the signup thread. I'm having an operation done.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have to replace out. Bed rest until some indefinite point in February (argh!). I wouldn't have signed up if I'd known. I'll look forward to calling you all liars, cheats and backstabbers at some other point in the future.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”