Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Spoiler: Spoiler Protection Space
Still Surviving:
(Each asterisk indicates a prod sent)

Percy**
Vigilante Ventriloquist*
Mafia Roleblocker
, survived and won the game Day Five.
RedCoyote
Mafia Goon
, survived and won the game Day Five.

On Guillotine:

Dead:

Ythill
Town Tracker
, killed Night One.
Simenon
Vanilla Townie
, shot by the Impatient Vigilante Day Two.
Antitown*
GLaDOS*
Town One-Shot Impatient Vigilante
, killed Night Two.
Shadow Dancer***
Mafia Rolecop
, guillotined Day Three.
ConfidAnon*
zoraster**
Town Redeemed Soul
, killed Night Three.
Concission***
Equinox
Vanilla Townie
, guillotined Day Four.
AlmasterGM**
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night Four.
Fate*
Vanilla Townie
, guillotined Day Five.
VP Baltar
Vanilla Townie
, placed on guillotine and endgamed Day Five.
crypto**
chesskid3
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed Day Five.
Jarti**
Maemuki*
GreyICE
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed Day Five.
LuckayLuck**
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed Day Five.

Times of Interest:

Day One Begins
Day One Ends (VC 28)
Day Two Begins
Simenon shot by the Impatient Vigilante (VC 30)
Day Two Ends (VC 43)
Day Three Begins
Day Three Ends (VC 57)
Day Four Begins
Day Four Ends (VC 76)
Day Five Begins
Day Five Ends (VC 78)
Postgame Wrapup
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:47 am, edited 50 times in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:40 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Ruleset

These rules were developed by obtaining a single length of rail, putting RedCoyote's ruleset on a train going west, the BaM ruleset on a train going east, and then tastefully arranging the wreckage.

Since everyone loves skimming, rules are in roughly descending order of importance.

First, a big happy thank you to:
Sotty7, who has all of the QT links and role PM's, and will serve as back-up mod in the unlikely event of my absence. Vi, for her excellent modding guide that I've referred to repeatedly while setting this game up. Herodotus, for nominating this setup in the Open Setup ideas thread. Adel, whose “Aldus” open setup idea was the original inspiration for Rusty Guillotine mafia. And finally, all of you wonderful people, for indulging me as I try something new.

The setup is completely open:
The setup is somewhat complex, but it is open. I will answer any set-up questions asked via PM or in thread. Quoting any PM from me is forbidden, so it's generally better to ask in thread. Please don't hesitate to ask questions!

Play to your win condition:
I want you all to have fun, but you must always be trying to secure a win for your faction. This is especially important with the guillotine aspect of the game. Even when on guillotine, you can and must attempt to steer the game in a way favorable to your faction.

The flavor is meaningless:
I've written a lot of flavor for this game, because I enjoy writing flavor and (I hope) some people enjoy reading it. This is for entertainment purposes only; this is an open game, after all. To stress the division between flavor and gameplay, all flavor will be
purple
and in
tags.
You have my guarantee that you can ignore anything I post that is purple in area tags with absolutely no negative repercussions.

Placing on guillotine:
A majority of votes will immediately place a player on guillotine, as normal. If no majority has been reached by the deadline, the player with the most votes on them will be placed on guillotine, with seniority of the most recent vote breaking ties. If no votes have been cast all Day, a random player will be placed on guillotine. I will say each vote count who would currently be placed on guillotine if there are no new votes until deadline.

First rule about ongoing games:
Don't talk about my game anywhere else, and don't talk about other ongoing games here. ESPECIALLY don't share the QT links with anyone. I don't want to modkill but I want the integrity of this game compromised
even less

Mistakes:
Everyone makes them, myself included. Call out vote count mistakes with a bolded note in thread.
All other mistakes should be pointed out discreetly via PM.

Activity:
I will prod a player after 48 hours of inactivity. (Saturday hours don't count; go party!) Prods can only be 'picked up' by actually posting in thread – a response to me will not cut it. Players will be replaced upon receiving their third prod, or if they take more than 24 hours to respond to a prod. Players are also free to request replacement at any time. Remember,
you are still expected to remain active while on guillotine.
Don't make me replace someone in with a blade over their head. (Also, the prod checking will only be done once a day, so there might be up to 24 hours of imprecision.)

Kills:
I will accept kills that are either bolded in the scum QT, or sent via PM. If I receive multiple kill orders, I will use the most recent one. You can only submit a kill order you yourself are carrying out. If I receive no kill orders all night, I will chose a random scum player to kill a random town player,
superseding whatever night action that player sent in.

Deadlines:
Deadlines will be three weeks for Day One, and two weeks for each subsequent Day. I may extend this in some circumstances, though “we all decided to lurk and flake” is not one of them. Rest assured that any significant site downtime
will
merit a deadline extension. Nights will be 48 hours from when I post the lynch scene. In all cases, I will have those nifty timeanddate.com countdowns so there's no ambiguity.

Votes:
Votes must be
bold
, and be on the start of a new line. A vote inside a paragraph doesn't count. Unvotes are nice but not necessary. Don't play 'vote tricks' – whether you voted for someone or not is ultimately for me to decide, not you. ;)

New Vote Rule Added 3/5/2011:
I will not end the day if the number of votes stated in the last VC + the number of additional votes is not great enough to lynch - I won't penalize the town for a mod error.

My color:
is
blue
. Don't use it. Also, no invisible/small text, and no quoting the mods PM's.

Bah?
: No bah. When you die, you're dead. There will be a dead QT for you to hang out in though!

Twilight:
Standard site interpretation. If a majority is ever reached, it's twilight. Anyone can talk, including the about-to-die person, but all votes after the hammer don't count.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:45 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Setup:

Special Lynch MechanicWhen a majority is reached on someone (or a plurality at deadline), the mod will announce such and the day will end. However, instead of being lynched, that player is on guillotine. An on guillotine player cannot be nightkilled or take any actions (though the Redeemed Soul's ability will still trigger). They still can vote the next day, and they are counted for determining the to-lynch threshold. The on-guillotine player is killed when a new player is put on guillotine the next day, at which point their alignment is revealed as normal. You cannot no-lynch or no-kill.

Spoiler: Unflavored Role PM's
8 players will receive this role PM:

Vanilla TownieYou're just a normal townie caught up in all this. Your only weapon is your vote – use it effectively to kill the scum invading your fair home.

Even if you are mistakenly mislynched, don't give up – you can help catch the scum even while marked for death!

You win when two scum are dead and the third is on-guillotine.

Please confirm by responding to this PM with the name of your role. Good luck!

One player will receive this role PM:

Town TrackerBy day, you're a normal townie, using your vote to try to kill the scum. At night, though, you become a master of espionage. You may choose one target, and at the end of night, you will receive a PM telling you either "X has targeted no one tonight" or “X has targeted Y tonight.” Your sanity is guaranteed. If you are roleblocked, you will be told “X has targeted no one tonight”.

Even if you are mistakenly mislynched, don't give up – you can help catch the scum even while marked for death!

Town Redeemed SoulMost of the time, you're a normal townie, using your vote to try to kill the scum. However, if you are placed on guillotine, your towniness will make itself evident, and you will be confirmed as town the morning after you're placed on guillotine. It is impossible for anyone to be placed “off-guillotine”, but you get one day as confirmed town. Note that if the Mafia Lengthy Roleblocker targets you the night after you're placed on guillotine, you will NOT be confirmed as town the next morning.

Even if you are mistakenly mislynched, don't give up – you can help catch the scum even while marked for death! Remember, the entire point of your role is to be more effective while on guillotine.

Town One-Shot Impatient VigilanteIn most respects, you're a normal townie, using your vote to try to kill the scum. However, at one point during any day, you may PM the moderator saying you'd like to take your shot. The player who is on guillotine will be killed, they will flip, the lynch threshold will be lowered by 1, and the day will proceed as normal. This shot will not be attributable to you in any way, though you are obviously allowed to claim before you take the shot. Note that if the Mafia Lengthy Roleblocker targets you at night, you will be unable to use this ability the subsequent day. If you are blocked, you will be informed at the end of the Night.

Mafia GoonYou are a Mafia Goon, and along with Y and Z, you are trying to bring this town to its knees.

You can talk with Y and Z every night in your Quicktopic, located at link. Note that, if you are on-guillotine, you are still allowed to talk to your scumbuddies that night.

Every night, you may kill by submitting a kill action to the moderator. To do so, simply state that you'd like to kill whoever in your Quicktopic or by PM to the moderator. The most recent kill submission by anyone will be the one that goes through at the end of the night.

If the town does catch you, though, don't give up – you have one more day to try to confuse them and hinder their progress.

You win when there are as many or more living Mafia as there are living non-Mafia or if nothing can prevent the same. (Someone on guillotine is still alive.)

Mafia RolecopYou are a Mafia Rolecop, and along with X and Z, you are trying to bring this town to its knees.

You can talk with X and Z every night in your Quicktopic, located at link. Note that, if you are on-guillotine, you are still allowed to talk to your scumbuddies that night.

Every night, you may kill by submitting a kill action to the moderator. To do so, simply state that you'd like to kill whoever in your Quicktopic or by PM to the moderator. The most recent kill submission by anyone will be the one that goes through at the end of the night.

Instead of killing, you can use your Rolecop ability. To do so, simply state that you'd like to investigate whoever in your Quicktopic or by PM to the moderator. At the end of the Night, you will learn their role name.

If the town does catch you, though, don't give up – you have one more day to try to confuse them and hinder their progress.

You win when there are as many or more living Mafia as there are living non-Mafia or if nothing can prevent the same. (Someone on guillotine is still alive.)

Mafia Lengthy RoleblockerYou are a Mafia Lengthy Roleblocker, and along with X and Y, you are trying to bring this town to its knees.

You can talk with X and Y every night in your Quicktopic, located at link. Note that, if you are on-guillotine, you are still allowed to talk to your scumbuddies that night.

Instead of killing, you can use your Roleblock ability. To do so, simply state that you'd like to roleblock whoever in your Quicktopic or by PM to the moderator. They will be unable to use their special abilities that night, or the following day.

Spoiler: Flavored Role PMs
Eight people will receive this role PM:

TownspersonYou're just a normal townsperson caught completely by surprise by the news of the Drekava invasion.

Your only weapon is your vote – use it effectively to kill the scum invading your fair home.

You win when two Drekava are dead and the third is on-guillotine.

One person will receive this role PM:

Aria Tor, the TrackerYou are Aria Tor, the Tracker.

You've spent most of your life as a huntress, taking down larger animals for the village to eat. However, once you became skilled in the art of shadowing animals silently, you realized it applied equally well to people.

By day, you can use your vote to hunt down the Drekava in your town. Each night, you may select someone to track. If they visit someone else at night, you will learn who it is they visited. Note that if you are Hexed, you will not know such – you will simply be told they targeted no one, regardless of the truth.

Sylwar Karios, the Redeemed SoulYou are Sylwar Kairos, the Redeemed Soul.

You are the descendent of a celestial being. Your grandmother was an angel, and the blood still flows through you. However, your parents decided not to tell you the truth, hoping that you would never need to know that you were on one side of a great war. You don't know how to prove your heritage; but on the Lancrel Guillotine, it will reveal itself.

By day, you vote as normal. However, if you are placed on Guillotine, it will be made known the next morning that you are not a Drekava. Note that if you are Hexed the night you are placed on guillotine, the Hex will obscure this effect and you will not be confirmed as a non-Drekava.

Natalie Foroes, the InheritorYou are Natalie Foroes, the Inheritor.

Unlike the other people in the town, you were prepared for the Drekava. Your father was a veteran of the Black Times, and unlike most of those survivors, he refused to let you grow up unaware of the danger. Unfortunately, he has passed away, but he left behind his considerable knowledge – and a single, enchanted arrow.

By day, you vote as normal. However, once during the game, during any day from Day 2 onward, you may fire the arrow . This will immediately kill the person who is currently on-guillotine, even if they are Drekava – this is a powerful arrow that can kill even a Drekava in their mortal form. The shot will not be attributed to you, though you can claim the shot if you wish. Note that if you are Hexed, you will not be able to fire your arrow the following Day.

Firing this arrow will also make it take one vote fewer to immediately end the day for the rest of the day.

Kroseus, the Drekava FledglingYou are Kroseus, the Drekava Fledgling.

You have only been in existence for half a day, but already you are fully developed and dangerous. Such is the nature of the Drekava. Your creation is the impetus that has forced the final confrontation between the town and the Drekava. In time, you will find your specific niche, but for now, you only have your natural ability to kill.

You can speak with Myeus (X) and Typheus (Y) at the Quicktopic [here]. You may only do this at night, but you can speak here even the night you are on-guillotine.

Each night, you may covertly kill a single member of the town.

You win when there are as many or more living Drekava as there are living non-Drekava or if nothing can prevent the same. (Someone on guillotine is still alive.)

Myeus, the Drekava AgentYou are Myeus, the Drekava Agent.

For years, you've been manipulating Tranvar from behind the scenes. You brought Typheus and Kroseus into the world, and now you're ready to start your plans in earnest. Tranvar is one of the oldest villages in the area - with them out of the way, very few survivors of the Black Times will be alive to spread the warning as the invasion begins anew.

You can speak with Typheus (Y) and Kroseus (Z) at the Quicktopic [here]. You may only do this at night, but you can speak here even the night you are on-guillotine.

As a Drekava Agent, instead of killing, you can instead infiltrate the house of a single townsperson and investigate them. You will learn their role name at the end of the night.

You win when there are as many or more living Drekava as there are living non-Drekava or if nothing can prevent the same. (Someone on guillotine is still alive.)

Typheus, the Drekava HexerYou are Typheus, the Drekava Hexer.

Myeus spawned you about a year ago. The ritual was performed on a vagrant that no one missed, and since then, he has been training you. You have developed a knack for hexing people into confusion. And, of course, you still have your claws.

You can speak with Myeus (X) and Kroseus (Z) at the Quicktopic [here]. You may only do this at night, but you can speak here even the night you are on-guillotine.

As a Drekava Hexer, instead of killing, you may hex a single target. This will disable any night abilities they may have, and prevent them from using abilities the subsequent day (this includes the Redeemed Soul's confirmation.)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sending out Role PMs now. Confirm via PM. (There is a specific way you must confirm; read the whole thing!). The names in the "Still Surviving" section will be
bolded
as they are confirmed. I will unlock the thread when 12/14 people have confirmed.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

The Scum/Drekava Win Condition has been slightly amended.

It was:
You win when only Drekava compose the town, or if nothing can prevent the same.
It is now:
This change will likely have no effect, and was implemented due to an odd consequence of the impatient vigilante shooting in LYLO. Imagine one townie on guillotine, and a living Drekava and living Impatient Vigilante, both voting for each other (with the townie abstaining). With the previous win condition, if the Impatient Vigilante had fired in that situation, the winner would have been the first one to vote (most senior last vote also breaks ties for two tied lynches after an Impatient Vig shot.) That answer was unsatisfying to me; mafia shouldn't be about the first one to log on. With the new win condition, if the Impatient Vigilante had fired in that situation, the winner would be the Drekava.

Because every Day besides D1 will have an odd number of players (forced lynches and kills), this change is ONLY relevant in specific situations with the Impatient Vigilante. If the Impatient Vigilante never fires, the two win conditions are synonymous.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Tranvar had a village square, as most villages do. It was usually just a place where people socialized between chores. It was rare to see more than a few people there at one time, but now the entire village had turned out.

In the center stood fourteen people. They were all able-bodied, but had little else in common. The crowd standing around them was composed of the very young, the very old, and Mitch Connerry, who had lost his arm to infection some years ago.

There was a small Speaker's Stage, with three people on it. One of them was Roland Manistro, the village elder. The other two were young Kara, and old Ilwar, both dead on the ground when yesterday they had been standing.

The two bodies had little in common. One was a little girl, eyes frozen in horrified shock and a sheet mercifully covering what remained of her ruptured chest. The other was an old man, hands serenely folded over his chest, and with only a thin red line on his neck indicating his cause of death.

Two of three struck down; and yet Roland seemed to stand three times as high. He had been well-known as the kindly old man who wandered the village and spread good cheer. But now, his face has transformed from a warm smile to an iron mask of determination. The words marched off his lips like soldiers as he spoke.

“Kara was found dead this morning. Her chest had burst open. The Drekava are upon us once more.”

The silence was heavy with painful memories. It had been almost forty years. There were people who were now fathers who had never known the Black Times. The fourteen in the center were all too young to know, but the older crowd – they remembered. A burst open chest only meant one thing.

An old woman, Sherry Rhav, raised her voice. “And what happened to Ilwar?”

Roland recoiled as if struck, and had to pause before speaking. “When Kara's parents showed us her body...we both knew what it meant. It's possible, using certain rituals, to see what she saw in her final moments. We needed to, to understand the threat. But the old powers...they have a cost.”

“You killed him?”

“He killed himself. And in doing so, he fed his power to me. We had both sworn off magick when the Black Times ended, but with Ilwar's sacrifice, I was a Magister once more. I saw the true face of the threat.

There are three Drekava in this town. Myeus is the oldest, a Drekava Agent skilled in stealth and guile. Typheus is a Hexer who can addle your mind while you sleep. And Kroseus...Kroseus is a new Drekava, born last night as they used Kara's life to fuel their sick ritual.”

One of the fourteen tentatively raised their hand. “You said...in this town?”

Roland sighed and turned to face them. “Yes. In this town. They wear human faces and by day masquerade as one of us. But the disguise isn't perfect.”

“They cann'ot appear too weak,” Sherry finished. “They are strong beasts, and if they take on too weak of a form, it won't work at all.”

The ponderous solemnity of the crowd began to creep upon the fourteen as well. Suddenly, it was becoming clear why this division had been ordered.

“You understand now?” Roland sighed. “Fourteen of you stand before me. Three of you are Myeus, Typheus, and Kroseus.

The fourteen, who had been standing close together, suddenly burst apart as they appraised each other with wild eyes.

“Be still!” Roland yelled. “There will no brawling. If a Drekava is killed in a man-form, it will simply take another.”

“Then how do we kill them?” another one of the fourteen cried.

A lifetime of pain and fear flickered upon Roland's face. “Follow me.” He stepped off the stage. “Sherry, please give the bodies a proper burial.”

“Of course. And then...I think then, I won't be following you.” The crowd nodded silent assent.

“I understand.”

Roland began walking to the outskirts of town, followed by the fourteen, still sneaking fearful glances among themselves.

Sherry began to cry. “King in heaven preserve us, the Black Times are upon us again...”

<>

The old machine, they had always called it. Sure, their parents had a strange fear of it, but that didn't stop the children from daring each other to touch it. It had been overgrown by vines and, for as long as any of the fourteen could remember, had been a simple fixture of the village.

There were no more vines. A small, hunched over man had cleaned off the machine and was busily polishing it, and the fears of their fathers become more apparent. The machine had two long tables, each fitted with straps. Above one table, a guillotine blade sat ominously. Above the other, there was an abnormally large spike.

The small man turned away from his labor. “'S ready, lord.”

“Thank you, Boggart.”

Roland looked at each of the fourteen in turn. “This is, as far as we know, the only way to kill a Drekava in human form. The Lancrel Guillotine. Boggart knows how to operate it. I leave it to you to find the Drekava in your ranks.

If a majority cannot be reached, you must still pick someone. The Lancrel Guillotine...” and again, the shadow of the Black Times darkened his face. “Well. Just pick someone.

I've warded the entire border of the town. The Drekava won't be able to leave of their own volition until they abandon their human forms. Their only chance is to get enough of you killed on the guillotine that they can shed their false skins and finish the rest of you off. You must kill them first.

And now, I take my leave.”

Roland walked away, taking care not to make eye contact with any of the fourteen. He had put forward an impossible charge, a conflict they had no choice but to see through. Now it was just the fourteen, milling around hesitantly; Boggart, idly polishing the Guillotine; and the dread contraption itself, looming, snarling,
waiting.

It is Day One. With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to end the day.

Deadline is on Feburary 27th, 2011, at 11:00 PM central time.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #8 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #1

Crypto:
AlmasterGM, crypto (L-6)

Not voting:
Antitown, Concission, ConfidAnon, Fate, Jarti, LuckayLuck, Percy, RedCoyote, Shadow Dancer, Simenon, VP Baltar, Ythill

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, crypto will be lynched.

Vi Style Activity Checker (and a hearty hello to anyone quoting me):
AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (0) l ConfidAnon (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:27 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #2

Percy:
Crypto, Fate (L-6)
Fate:
Percy, Antitown (L-6)
LuckayLuck:
RedCoyote, VP Baltar (L-6)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Simenon (L-6)
crypto:
AlmasterGM,
crypto

Not voting:
Concission, ConfidAnon, Jarti, Shadow Dancer, Ythill

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Percy will be lynched.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (0) l ConfidAnon (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Hmm... Now that some one metioned it I just realized it seems to be missing in the rules - whoever is on the guillotine loses his/her vote?
No, they do not. I don't know where crypto drew that, but you definitely do vote as normal the day you're on guillotine. Note that this "bumps LYLO up a day", in effect. If there are 9 living players total and three of them are scum with a non-scum on guillotine, and they place a townie on guillotine that day, I would then call the game for the scum.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

@mod: Would a blocked vig shot just go wasted or count as not executed and bullet preserved?
The Impatient Vigilante will be informed via PM at the start of the Day if they were roleblocked the previous Night. (This is also true for the Redeemed Soul; though the fact would be obvious for them anyway.)
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

ConfidAnon has yet to pick up his Role PM. In light of this, I am prodding him now and will replace him in 24 hours if he does not post here.

Vote Count #3

Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Simenon, Fate, Shadow Dancer (L-4)
Fate:
Percy, Antitown
Percy:
Crypto,
Fate
Shadow Dancer

LuckayLuck:
RedCoyote,
VP Baltar

crypto:
AlmasterGM
VP Baltar:
Concission
Concission:
VP Baltar
Ythill:
Concission

Not voting:
ConfidAnon, Jarti, Ythill

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Antitown will be lynched.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (0) l ConfidAnon (2!) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (1) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #4

Antitown:
LuckayLuck,
Simenon
, Fate, Shadow Dancer (L-5)
LuckayLuck:
RedCoyote
, Jarti, Simenon
VP Baltar:
Concission, Ythill
Fate:
Percy,
Antitown

Percy:
Crypto
crypto:
AlmasterGM
Concission:
VP Baltar,
RedCoyote

Simenon:
RedCoyote

Not voting:
ConfidAnon, Antitown

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Antitown will be lynched.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (0) l ConfidAnon (2!) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

@mod: since town wins with 2 scum dead & one on the guillotine; that means if we lynch 2 scum and have a 3rd scum on guillotine the game will immediately end without us having to play out that next day while the 3rd scum is already gonna die, right?
This is correct.

ConfidAnon has yet to pick up his PMs and is being replaced.

Vote Count #5

LuckayLuck:
Jarti, Simenon, crypto, Ythill (L-4)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Fate, Shadow Dancer,
crypto

VP Baltar:
Concission,
Ythill
, AlmasterGM
Fate:
Percy
Concission:
VP Baltar
Simenon:
RedCoyote
Percy:
crypto

crypto:
AlmasterGM

Not voting:
ConfidAnon, Antitown

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, LuckayLuck will be placed on guillotine.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (0) l ConfidAnon (2!) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #192 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Zoraster replaces ConfidAnon. Welcome, zoraster!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #209 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #6

LuckayLuck:
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Fate, Shadow Dancer
Simenon:
RedCoyote, zoraster
VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM
Fate:
Percy
Concission:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
Antitown

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (1) l Antitown (1) l Concission (1) l crypto (1) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #245 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #7

LuckayLuck:
VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown (L-4)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Fate, Shadow Dancer
Simenon:
RedCoyote,
zoraster

Concission:
VP Baltar
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Fate:
Percy

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (1) l Antitown (0) l Concission (1) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #289 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #8

VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown,
Ythill
(L-4)
RedCoyote:
crypto, Ythill,
Fate
, Jarti
Antitown:
LuckayLuck,
Fate
, Shadow Dancer, Fate
LuckayLuck:
Jarti,
Simenon,
crypto
Ythill

Simenon:
RedCoyote
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Ythill:
VP Baltar
Concission:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, VP Baltar will be placed on guillotine.

AlmasterGM (2) l Antitown (1) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (1) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #292 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Unvoting and voting for the same person in one post DOES clear your wagon seniority. Think carefully before casting joke votes.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #295 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #9

VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown,
Fate
(L-4)
RedCoyote:
crypto, Ythill, Jarti,
Fate
Fate

Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Shadow Dancer,
Fate
, Fate
LuckayLuck:
Simenon,
Fate

Simenon:
RedCoyote
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster,
Fate

Ythill:
VP Baltar,
Fate

Concission:
Fate

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (2) l Antitown (1) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (1) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #322 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:43 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #10

VP Baltar:
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Shadow Dancer, Fate
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster, Ythill
AlmasterGM:
crypto, Jarti
LuckayLuck:
Simenon
Simenon:
RedCoyote
Ythill:
VP Baltar
RedCoyote:
crypto
Ythill
Jarti

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (2) l Antitown (1) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #340 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #11

VP Baltar:
AlmasterGM:
crypto, Jarti, Simenon, Fate (L-4)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Shadow Dancer,
Fate

Shadow Dancer:
zoraster, Ythill
Simenon:
RedCoyote
Ythill:
VP Baltar
LuckayLuck:
Simenon

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (1) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #357 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #12

AlmasterGM:
crypto, Jarti, Simenon, Fate, RedCoyote, Ythill, Shadow Dancer (L-1)
VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown
Antitown:
LuckayLuck,
Shadow Dancer

Shadow Dancer:
zoraster,
Ythill

Ythill:
VP Baltar
Simenon:
RedCoyote

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, AlmasterGM will be placed on guillotine.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (1) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #402 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Prodding Percy and Antitown. Per my policy of not checking activity on Saturdays, they have until my Sunday evening vote count to post or be replaced.

Vote Count #13

AlmasterGM:
crypto, Jarti, Simenon, Fate, RedCoyote,
Ythill
, Shadow Dancer (L-2)
VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown, Ythill
Antitown:
LuckayLuck,
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Ythill:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to end the day immediately.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (2!) l Concission 01) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (1) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (2!) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #404 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Are you perhaps on mafSepia? There were just some changes that make mafSilver look quite a bit nicer, but a quick switch to sepia revealed some icon sizing issues. You may want to switch to mafSilver for the time being.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #433 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:19 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #14

VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown, Ythill (L-3)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Fate, crypto, RedCoyote
AlmasterGM:
crypto
, Jarti, Simenon,
Fate
RedCoyote
, Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Ythill:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (1) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (1) l VP Baltar (1) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #447 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Antitown has requested replacement. Searching for one now.

Vote Count #15

VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM, Percy, Antitown, Ythill (L-3)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Fate, crypto, RedCoyote
AlmasterGM:
Jarti, Simenon, Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Simenon:
VP Baltar
Ythill:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (0) l Antitown (0) l Concission (1) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (1) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (1)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #448 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

GLaDOS replaces Antitown. Thanks, GLaDOS!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #467 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #16

AlmasterGM:
Jarti, Simenon, Shadow Dancer, Fate (L-4)
VP Baltar:
Concission,
AlmasterGM
, Percy,
GLaDOS
, Ythill
GLaDOS:
LuckayLuck,
Fate
, crypto, RedCoyote
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Simenon:
VP Baltar
LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM

Not voting:
GLaDOS

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (0) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l GLaDOS (0) l Jarti (1) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (1) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (1) l zoraster (2)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #490 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #17

Concission:
cypto, VP Baltar, GLaDOS, Fate, zoraster (L-3)
AlmasterGM:
Jarti, Simenon, Shadow Dancer,
Fate

VP Baltar:
Concission, Percy, Ythill
GLaDOS:
LuckayLuck,
crypto
, RedCoyote
LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster

Simenon:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
GLaDOS

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Concission will be placed on guillotine.

AlmasterGM (0) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l GLaDOS (0) l Jarti (1) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (1) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (1) l zoraster (0)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #517 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #18

Concission:
cypto, VP Baltar,
GLaDOS
Fate
, zoraster, Simenon, RedCoyote (L-3)
AlmasterGM:
Jarti,
Simenon
Shadow Dancer
, GLaDOS, Fate
LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM, Ythill
Simenon:
Percy, Concission
Jarti:
LuckayLuck
VP Baltar:
Concission
Percy
Ythill

GLaDOS:
LuckayLuck
RedCoyote

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (1) l Concission (1) l crypto (1) l Fate (1) l GLaDOS (1) l Jarti (2) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (0) l RedCoyote (1) l Shadow Dancer (2) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (1) l Ythill (2) l zoraster (1)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #546 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #19

Concission:
cypto, VP Baltar, zoraster, Simenon, RedCoyote (L-3)
AlmasterGM:
Jarti,
GLaDOS
, Fate
LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM, Ythill
Simenon:
Percy, Concission
Jarti:
LuckayLuck
RedCoyote:
GLaDOS

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (0) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l GLaDOS (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (2)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #572 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #20

Concission:
cypto, VP Baltar, zoraster, Simenon,
RedCoyote
Fate
(L-4)
RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Fate, Ythill
Simenon:
Percy, Concission, RedCoyote
AlmasterGM:
Jarti,
Fate

LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM,
Ythill

Jarti:
LuckayLuck

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

AlmasterGM (0) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l GLaDOS (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (0) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (0)

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #621 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Percy has not picked up his prod and is being replaced. zoraster has been prodded.

On a general note, I'm switching from VC-based counting to the new activity checker. This should hopefully lead to more timely prods. It also means there's nothing significant about my evening vote count.

Vote Count #21

RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Fate, Ythill, Jarti, AlmasterGM (L-3)
Concission:
cypto, VP Baltar, zoraster, Simenon
Simenon:
Percy, Concission, Redcoyote
Jarti:
LuckayLuck
AlmasterGM:
Jarti

LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, RedCoyote will be placed on guillotine.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #640 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Apologies for the error regarding Concission's vote. I have edited past vote counts to reflection Concission's vote for Simenon.

Vote Count #22

RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Fate, Ythill, Jarti, AlmasterGM, VP Baltar (L-2)
Concission:
cypto,
VP Baltar
, zoraster, Simenon
Simenon:
Percy,
Concission
, RedCoyote
Jarti:
LuckayLuck, Concission

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #675 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vigilante Ventriloquist replaces Percy. Welcome, Vigilante Ventriloquist!

Vote Count #23

RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Fate,
Ythill
, Jarti, AlmasterGM, VP Baltar, Shadow Dancer (L-2)
Concission:
cypto,
zoraster
, Simenon
Simenon:
Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote
Jarti:
LuckayLuck, Concission
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster, Ythill
LuckayLuck:
Ythill

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #707 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #24

RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Fate, Jarti, AlmasterGM,
VP Baltar
, Shadow Dancer (L-3)
Concission:
cypto, Simenon, VP Baltar, zoraster
Simenon:
Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote
Jarti:
LuckayLuck, Concission
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
, Ythill

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #726 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

AlmasterGM and Jarti have been prodded.

Vote Count #25

RedCoyote:
GLaDOS,
Fate
, Jarti, AlmasterGM, Shadow Dancer (L-4)
Concission:
cypto, Simenon, VP Baltar, zoraster (L-4)
Simenon:
Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, LuckayLuck, Concission (L-4)
LuckayLuck:
Ythill
Fate:
Fate
Shadow Dancer:
Ythill

Jarti:
LuckayLuck
Concission

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #749 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

crypto has been prodded. GLaDOS only has a couple of hours left, though whether I'll be online before morning to send out her prod remains to be seen.

Also, as a note, players are free to request votecounts at any time.

Vote Count #26

Simenon:
Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote,
LuckayLuck
, Concission, Fate (L-4)
Concission:
cypto, Simenon, VP Baltar,
zoraster

LuckayLuck:
Ythill, AlmasterGM, Jarti
RedCoyote:
GLaDOS,
Jarti
AlmasterGM
, Shadow Dancer
Jarti:
LuckayLuck
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Fate:
Fate

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Simenon will be placed on guillotine.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #763 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #27

Simenon:
Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, Concission, Fate, Ythill, LuckayLuck, VP Baltar (L-1!)

Concission:
cypto, Simenon,
VP Baltar

LuckayLuck:
Ythill
, AlmasterGM, Jarti
RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster
Jarti:
LuckayLuck

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Simenon will be placed on guillotine.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #807 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #28

Simenon:
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, RedCoyote, Concission,
Fate
Ythill, LuckayLuck,
VP Baltar
Vigilante Ventriloquist, Jarti, Fate, zoraster (Lynch!)

Concission:
cypto, Simenon, VP Baltar
LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM,
Jarti

RedCoyote:
GLaDOS, Shadow Dancer,
Fate
Jarti

Shadow Dancer:
zoraster

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

Arguing over who to kill –
who to kill.
It was a frightening and alien concept. This was a small, close-knit village. There were no strangers. To think that three of them were Drekava was unthinkable.

Paranoia quickly flared up. Only three of the assembled were Drekava, but it seemed that everyone had suspected everyone else at one point or another. Every nervous tic was scrupulously analyzed. For a while, it seemed like there would never be consensus.

But as the day dragged on, eventually the suspicion settled upon only a few. Then two. And finally, Simenon alone was singled out from the crowd. He, it was decided, was one of the Drekava.

Thirteen pairs of arms dragged Simenon to the guillotine and forcefully restrained him. Secured in place by a dozen straps, Simenon was trapped under the guillotine blade, still pleading for survival.

Boggart silently walked to the middle of the device, where a large arch connected the two tables of the Guillotine. He produced a key from his grubby pocket and slipped it in to a nigh-invisible keyhole. With a pronounced click, a small needle extended from the arch.

“Bugger, do I hate this part,” he muttered. Boggart rolled up his sleeve, revealing an arm covered in scars. “Lesse...” Gritting his teeth, he grabbed his arm and plunged it into the needle. There was a dreadful slurp, and the straps fastened even tighter of their own accord.

“You can all go to your homes now. Nothin's opening those straps.”

It was an anti-climatic send-off, after the drama of the vote. One person timidly muttered, “isn't he going to die...?”

“It takes moonlight to prime the spike, as you should – oh, you're virgins to the Iron Lady, yeah. Well,” he sighed, “go home. Enjoy the last night where you don't know how this works.”

Keyed up on adrenaline, sleep did not come easily for any of the thirteen. Especially knowing that, even if they had picked correctly, two Drekava would still be wandering the town freely...

Simenon - Placed on Guillotine Day One.

Deadline for night actions is Februrary 26th, 2011, at 2PM Central time.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #808 (isolation #40) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

It was cold and overcast as they silently shambled back to the guillotine. The hot passion of last night had been replaced with a dull apathy. Perhaps Simenon was Drekava; perhaps he wasn't. Either way, he looked so damn pathetic that no one could muster any hate for him. His eyes were unfocused and dried blood caked his ankles and wrists where the straps still cruelly dug in. Normally, they would spare at least a soft hello, but now, seeing him, they couldn't bear to meet his eyes.

The air was heavy with the wish – please, let him be Drekava.

Boggart broke the silence. “One man on the guillotine. Twelve standing before me. I don't know which one of you blokes it is, but someone is absent.”

Indeed, there was one missing. Ythill. Only one person needed to go looking for him, but they all jumped at the chance. Better to be walking around in the village they had grown up in, instead of this small clearing with the machine and the condemned man.

He was not in his room, he was not anywhere in the village. It was remembered that he was fond of hunting, and so they dutifully fanned out in the forest and looked.

They found him there after a few hours of searching. He was carefully concealed in a bush. His entire torso had been torn apart, and his face was frozen into a screaming visage. It was plain to see he was killed by a Drekava. Sadly, it was also plain to see that he had been tracking them down. He had been the only one with the skill to silently stalk the Drekava, but last night, he had been the prey.

The only flicker of hope in the night, the only one among them who could face the beasts at their time, on their terms, and now he was dead.

Morning had turned to afternoon, and the sun was free from the veil of clouds. This did little to lighten their spirits. And after seeing that corpse, when all they wanted to do was sleep the grief away, they still had to face that damn guillotine.

Ythill, the
Town Tracker
, Killed Night One.

It is Day Two. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to end the day.

Deadline is March 12, 2011, at 2PM Central time.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #847 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #29

Concission:
Simenon
crypto
, VP Baltar, Vigilante Ventriloquist (L-5)
VP Baltar: Concission, crypto (L-5)
LuckayLuck: Fate, Simenon (L-5)
Jarti: LuckayLuck
RedCoyote: GLaDOS,
Fate

Fate: RedCoyote

Not voting:
AlmasterGM, Jarti, Shadow Dancer, zoraster

On guillotine:
Simenon

Deadline is on March 12th, 2011, at 2:00 PM central time.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to end the day immediately.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #851 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

No one saw exactly who had fired the arrow. It flew from a cluster of people, unerringly flying straight toward Simenon.

Normal weapons won't work on a Drekava in human form...

But it was clear that this was no normal weapon. As it whizzed through the air, an amethyst glow danced around the arrow head. The air was charged with the smell of lightning.

It didn't embed itself in Simenon. Instead, it passed
through
him, moving his body aside like a broom through dust. He didn't have time to scream.

Around the guillotine, there was a large circle of blood. On the guillotine, nothing but a pile of ash, where seconds ago Simenon had laid.

Boggart broke the silence. “A Lilac weapon...cor, thought we'd seen the end of those.” He stirred up the ashes with his finger. “Wasted shot, though. Only a human would leave ashes. Drekava corpses don't stay around in our world. Without their power to keep their matter together, our reality tears them apart.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Still, good for an answer, I guess.”

Simenon has been killed by the Impatient Vigilante. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

It will take one less vote to end the day today.

Vote Count #30

VP Baltar: Concission, crypto, Jarti (L-3)
Concission: VP Baltar, Vigilante Ventriloquist
LuckayLuck: Fate,
Simenon

RedCoyote: GLaDOS

Not voting:
AlmasterGM,
Jarti
, Shadow Dancer, zoraster

On guillotine:
No one.

With
12 alive, it takes
6 to end the day immediately.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #914 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #31

Concission: VP Baltar, Vigilante Ventriloquist, crypto (L-3)
VP Baltar: Concission,
crypto
, Jarti
RedCoyote: GLaDOS, Fate
LuckayLuck:
Fate
, AlmasterGM

Not voting:
AlmasterGM
, Shadow Dancer, zoraster

On guillotine:
No one.

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #943 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

zorasters future V/LA is noted.

Vote Count #32

Concission: VP Baltar, Vigilante Ventriloquist, crypto, Jarti (L-2)
AlmasterGM: Fate, zoraster
zoraster: Concission, AlmasterGM
Fate

LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM

VP Baltar:
Concission
Jarti

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer,
zoraster

On guillotine:
No one.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #971 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

LuckayLuck has been prodded. GLaDOS is due for a prod extremely soon.

Vote Count #33

AlmasterGM: Fate, zoraster, VP Baltar (L-3)
Jarti: LuckayLuck, Vigilante Ventriloquist, Concission (L-3)
Concission:
VP Baltar
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, crypto, Jarti
RedCoyote: GLaDOS, Shadow Dancer
zoraster:
Concission
, AlmasterGM

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #974 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:04 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

GLaDOS has been prodded.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1008 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

GlaDOS's V/LA is noted.

There was an inaccuracy in Vote Count 28 (where Simenon was lynched). It has been corrected.

Vote Count #34

AlmasterGM:
Fate
, zoraster, VP Baltar, Fate,
crypto
, Concission (L-2)
zoraster: AlmasterGM, crypto, LuckayLuck
Fate: RedCoyote, Jarti
Jarti:
LuckayLuck
, Vigilante Ventriloquist,
Concission

LuckayLuck:
Fate

Concission:
crypto
Jarti

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1032 (isolation #48) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I will remind you all of this clause of my ruleset:
Votes: Votes must be bold, and
be on the start of a new line. A vote inside a paragraph doesn't count.
Unvotes are nice but not necessary. Don't play 'vote tricks' – whether you voted for someone or not is ultimately for me to decide, not you. ;)
VV's vote was not the start of a new line, and thus, did not count.

Additionally, even if it had been a valid vote, I will not end the day if the number of votes stated in the last VC + the number of additional votes is not great enough to lynch - I won't penalize the town for a mod error.

Vote Count #35

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, Fate, Concission,
Shadow Dancer
(L-2)
zoraster: AlmasterGM, crypto, LuckayLuck
Shadow Dancer

Fate: RedCoyote, Jarti
Jarti: Vigilante Ventriloquist,

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1040 (isolation #49) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

My vote wasn't meant to be a trick vote, but it apparently fooled everyone but AGM. I really question the wisdom of a rule set that actively discourages voting gambits, while passively encouraging them.
The point of my ruleset on voting is threefold:
1. Never punish the players for a moderator error.
2. Make sure players cast votes that I can see (I did in fact miss your vote on AGM, because I only look on new lines for votes.)
3. Prevent vote gambits (such as "V0te: X) and later claiming that it is invalid.

Normally, I follow the rule, if it looks like a vote, it's a vote. Votes that don't start lines are the only explicit exception. Perhaps this is "passively encouraging" vote gambits, but the alternative is to force myself to dissect walls and see if they contain votes.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1050 (isolation #50) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #36

Shadow Dancer: Fate, RedCoyote, crypto, Jarti (L-2)
AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar,
Fate
, Concission,
Shadow Dancer

zoraster: AlmasterGM,
crypto
, LuckayLuck
Concission: Vigilante Ventriloquist
Fate:
RedCoyote
Jarti

Jarti:
Vigilante Ventriloquist

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

With no new votes until deadline, Shadow Dancer will be placed on guillotine.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1058 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:04 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #37

Shadow Dancer: Fate, RedCoyote, crypto, Jarti, LuckayLuck (L-1!)

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, Concission
zoraster: AlmasterGM,
LuckayLuck

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1097 (isolation #52) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:25 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #38

Shadow Dancer: Fate, RedCoyote,
crypto
, Jarti, LuckayLuck (L-2)
AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar,
Concission
, crypto
zoraster: AlmasterGM

Not voting:
Concission

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1102 (isolation #53) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #39

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, crypto, Fate, Jarti (L-1!)

Shadow Dancer:
Fate
, RedCoyote,
Jarti
, LuckayLuck
zoraster: AlmasterGM

Not voting:
Concission

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1113 (isolation #54) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Shadow Dancer has been prodded.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1145 (isolation #55) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #40

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, crypto, Fate,
Jarti,
Shadow Dancer (L-1!)

Shadow Dancer: RedCoyote, LuckayLuck, Jarti, AlmasterGM
Shadow Dancer

zoraster:
AlmasterGM

Not voting:
Concission

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1185 (isolation #56) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Concission has been prodded.

Vote Count #41

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, crypto,
Fate
, Shadow Dancer, Fate (L-1!)

Shadow Dancer: RedCoyote, LuckayLuck, Jarti, AlmasterGM
Fate

Not voting:
Concission

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1246 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Deadline in a little less than 19 hours.

Vote Count #42

Shadow Dancer: RedCoyote, LuckayLuck, Jarti, AlmasterGM (L-2)
AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, crypto, Shadow Dancer,
Fate
(L-2)
Fate: GLadOS, Vigilante Ventrioloquist
RedCoyote:
GLaDOS
, Fate
Concission:
Vigilante Ventriloquist

Not voting:
Concission

On guillotine:
No one.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1286 (isolation #58) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:11 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #43

Shadow Dancer: RedCoyote, LuckayLuck, Jarti, AlmasterGM, Concission, Vigilante Ventrioloquist (Lynch!)

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, crypto, Shadow Dancer, Fate
Fate: GLadOS,
Vigilante Ventrioloquist

RedCoyote:
Fate

Not voting:
Concission

On guillotine:
No one.

As the day dragged on, Boggart was busy cleaning off the guillotine in preparation for the next victim. Simenon's death had left a considerable mess. It was strange, in a way, that a man so closely tied with the machine of death would be so fastidious.

The townspeople cut it extremely fine. The sun was almost below the horizon, and yet two candidates stood before the guillotine. Both of them were brought to within an inch of the ultimate fate. Finally, with no more time to debate, it was Shadow Dancer who was ultimately placed beneath the looming blade.

“Never did need to guillotine ol'wossname, so the spike is still primed. Thank the King in Heaven for that.” Boggart rubbed his forearm. There was an ugly welt where the needle had stabbed him yesterday.

The villagers quickly hurried back to their homes. After what had happened to Ythill, no one wanted to be out at night.

Shadow Dancer - Placed on Guillotine Night Two.

Deadline for night actions is March 14, 2011, at 2PM Central time.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1287 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The start of Day Three will be delayed by a few hours. No night actions submitted past the deadline will be counted. Scum will have access to night talk until Day Three officially starts.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1288 (isolation #60) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

They knew better than to head straight to the guillotine the next morning. Ten of them in the village square, Shadow Dancer on the guillotine...yes, one person was missing. GlaDOS.

No scrounging around in the forest was needed. She was in her home, laying in bed. At least the Drekava had taken her sleeping, and her eyes were mercifully closed. Ythill's terrified face still haunted all of their dreams.

Under her arm, they found a small, leatherbound journal. The corners were dog-eared and the binding was soft. It began:

My darling Natalie:

If you're reading this, then I have either died or decided you're mature enough to learn the truth.

The Drekava are no fairy tale. We lived through the Black Times. The older people in the village are veterans of the terrible war. All any of us want to do is forget...but that's irresponsible, and it's unfair to you younger people. The Drekava will find a way in. They always do. And you need to be ready.

A bit of cursory scanning confirmed that the Lilac arrow had indeed belonged to her, an heirloom from her father.

The procession glumly marched toward the guillotine. With the huntress and the interior dead, and Simenon's blood still staining the grass, it was hard to be cheerful.

GLaDOS, the
Town One-Shot Impatient Vigilante,
killed Night Two.

It is Day Three. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

Deadline is March 28th, 2011, at 5PM Central Time.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1293 (isolation #61) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

AlmasterGM's V/LA is noted.

Vote Count #44

Fate: Vigilante Ventirloqust, AlmasterGM (L-4)
RedCoyote: Fate

Not voting:
AlmasterGM
, Concission, zoraster, crypto,
Fate
, Jarti, LuckayLuck,
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, Red Coyote, Shadow Dancer, VP Baltar

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

Deadline is on March 28th, 2011, at 5:00 PM central time.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, Fate will be placed on guillotine.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1302 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

AlmasterGM is on V/LA.

Vote Count #45

Fate: Vigilante Ventirloqust, AlmasterGM, RedCoyote (L-3)
RedCoyote: Fate

Not voting:
Concission, zoraster, crypto, Jarti,
LuckayLuck
RedCoyote
, Shadow Dancer, VP Baltar

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1332 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

zoraster and Shadow Dancer have been prodded.

Vote Count #46

RedCoyote: Fate, VP Baltar, LuckayLuck, Jarti (L-2)
Fate:
Vigilante Ventirloqust
, AlmasterGM, RedCoyote
Jarti:
LuckayLuck

Not voting:
Concission, zoraster, crypto,
Jarti
, Shadow Dancer, Vigilante Ventriloquist,
VP Baltar

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1350 (isolation #64) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #47

zoraster: crypto, Fate, Luckayluck, Jarti (L-2)
Fate: AlmasterGM, RedCoyote
RedCoyote:
Fate
, VP Baltar,
LuckayLuck
Jarti

VP Baltar: Concission

Not voting:
Concission
, zoraster,
crypto
LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

With no new votes until deadline, zoraster will be placed on guillotine.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1427 (isolation #65) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #48

Fate: AlmasterGM, RedCoyote (L-4)
Vigilante Ventriloquist: VP Baltar
VP Baltar:
Concission
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, Jarti
Jarti: LuckayLuck,
Fate

zoraster:
crypto
Fate
Luckayluck
Jarti
Concission

RedCoyote:
VP Baltar
Fate

crypto:
Fate

Not voting:
zoraster, Shadow Dancer,
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, crypto,
Fate
, Vigilante Ventriloquist, Concission, Fate

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1458 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Concission and Vigilante Ventriloquist have been prodded.

Congratulations to zoraster for getting engaged!

Vote Count #49

VP Baltar: Jarti, RedCoyote (L-4)
RedCoyote: Fate, cypto (L-4)
Fate: AlmasterGM,
RedCoyote

Vigilante Ventriloquist: VP Baltar

Not voting:
zoraster, Shadow Dancer,
crypto
, Vigilante Ventriloquist, Concission,
Fate

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1460 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I've finally gotten around to writing flavor. If you're interested:

Here is the Vigilante kill flavor.
Here is the end of Night Two flavor.
Here is the start of Day Three flavor.

Remember, ignoring the flavor has absolutely no negative repercussions.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1484 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Jarti and LuckayLuck have been prodded.

Vote Count #50

RedCoyote: Fate, cypto, VP Baltar (L-3)
VP Baltar: Jarti, RedCoyote, Concission (L-3)
Fate: AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM: zoraster
Vigilante Ventriloquist:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
zoraster
Concission

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1504 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:03 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Concission, crypto, and Shadow Dancer have been prodded. By my activity rules, this means that Jarti, Concission, and Shadow Dancer should be replaced (Jarti has yet to pick up her prod.) However, because of the difficultly in finding three replacements for a 60+ page game, as well as the fact that I'm heading out the door right now, I'm going to give a grace period from now until later tonight when I'm back at my computer.

Vote Count #51

RedCoyote: Fate, cypto, VP Baltar (L-3)
VP Baltar: Jarti, RedCoyote, Concission (L-3)

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer, Vigilante Ventriloquist

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1511 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Jarti and Concission have just been sent PM's notifying them they have been replaced - they are not permitted to post in the thread, even if they come back before any potential replacements. However, note that I am on a roadtrip Saturday, and will not have computer access until late in the day. Even if I get offers to replace, they will not be finalized until late Saturday (unless one comes immediately tonight before I go to bed.) I won't replace Shadow Dancer. There will be
no
deadline extension, regardless of whether or not the slots are filled.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1526 (isolation #71) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:02 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Maemuki replaces Jarti. Welcome, Maemuki!

As an aside, note that Maemuki had no input as to who she was replacing - she replaced into Jarti's slot because Jarti has been away from the thread for longer. I forgot to mention this policy in my ruleset.

Vote Count #52

VP Baltar: Maemuki, RedCoyote, Concission (L-3)
RedCoyote: Fate, cypto,
VP Baltar
, Shadow Dancer (L-3)
Maemuki: LuckayLuck

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer
, Vigilante Ventriloquist, VP Baltar

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1540 (isolation #72) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

On the subject of me not extending the deadline: remember that there is plurality lynching. I would probably be more amenable to deadline extension in a majority-or-no-lynch game. However, in plurality, a non-voting player does not make a lynch any less possible (because a lynch is guaranteed).
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1571 (isolation #73) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:49 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

A little more than six hours until deadline.

Vote Count #53

Fate: AlmasterGM, LuckayLuck, RedCoyote, Maemuki (L-2)
RedCoyote: Fate, cypto, Shadow Dancer
AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar
VP Baltar:
Maemuki
RedCoyote
, Concission,
LuckayLuck

Maemuki:
LuckayLuck

Not voting:
Vigilante Ventriloquist,
VP Baltar
Maemuki

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1577 (isolation #74) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #54

RedCoyote: Fate, cypto, Shadow Dancer, VP Baltar (L-2)
Fate: AlmasterGM, LuckayLuck, RedCoyote,
Maemuki

AlmasterGM: zoraster,
VP Baltar

Not voting:
Vigilante Ventriloquist, Maemuki

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1600 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:12 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Less than three hours until deadline.

Vote Count #55

RedCoyote: Fate, cypto, Shadow Dancer, VP Baltar (L-2)
Fate: AlmasterGM, LuckayLuck, RedCoyote, Vigilante Ventriloquist (L-2)

Not voting:
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, Maemuki

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1666 (isolation #76) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:10 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Less than an hour until deadline.

Vote Count #56

Concission: crypto, Fate, Vigilante Ventriloquist, Shadow Dancer, Maemuki (L-1!)

Vigilante Ventriloquist

Shadow Dancer
Fate

RedCoyote:
Fate
cypto
Shadow Dancer
, VP Baltar

Not voting:
Maemuki

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1672 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Deadline has been reached. Mod scene incoming.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1673 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:20 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #57

Concission: crypto, Fate, Vigilante Ventriloquist,
Shadow Dancer
, Maemuki (L-2)
RedCoyote: VP Baltar

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

It was a long day. The deaths had hit them hard, and with no dead Drekava to show for it, morale was flagging. People began to wander away from the dread machine, unable to continue focusing on. They were called back, of course, but not without delays.

They placed cat and mouse with the setting sun, until finally someone had to be chosen. Concission was chosen. It was less than a full majority, but it was enough.

He was strapped down on the other table. Boggart grabbed the large spike that hung above and unceremoniously shoved it into Concissions chest. She screamed.

With a dreadful
slurp
, the spike lurched Concission's body upward. And again. And again. And if you looked hard enough, you could see the clumps of blood travel down the line, as the life was literally sucked out of Concission.

Out of Concission, and in to the blade. The guillotine began to crackle with the same lilac energy from the arrow that killed Simenon.

A final
slurp
, and the blade reached the tipping point and fell.The blade easily tore through Shadow Dancer's neck.

"Wait for it..." Boggart whispered.

And slowly, subtly, Shadow Dancer's body began to change. His skin ran off of his body like water, revealing a dull grey hide. Without the protective shell of the human skin, the Drekava's body quickly turned into dust and was carried away by the breeze.

"That's the merciful thing about the Guillotine. To keep their form, they need either a human shell or their lifes essence. The Lancrel Guillotine robs em of both simultaneously. We don't have to look at the bastards body."

The townspeople hurried back to the village, both for security against the night and to learn the identity of the fallen. Roland had been avoiding watching the proceedings, warweary as he was, but he was enough of a Magister still that he knew which one had died the instant it happened. It was Myeus, the Drekava Agent.

For the first time, sleep came a little easier. The most venerable and experienced of the beasts had been slain.

Shadow Dancer, the
Mafia Rolecop
, killed Day Three.
Concission placed on Guillotine Day Three.

Deadline for Night actions is Wednesday, March 30th, at 5:30 PM Central time.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1674 (isolation #79) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Equinox replaces Concission. Extra thanks to Equinox for volunteering to replace an on-guillotine slot!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1675 (isolation #80) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:30 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The last thing they suspected to see coming from a dead body were flowers.

zoraster was not particularly difficult to find. Apparently, he had awoken in time to try to run to safety. Did he not scream? No one had heard anything of note, and yet here was zorasters mangled body laying in the dirt. And all around him grew pale purple flowers.

"Lilacs. There's a reason for it." Roland had tried to avoid the death as much as possible, but now it had come to him. "He's of Saintsblood. The same sort of heritage as the old Lilac weapons." He sighed. "The old Saints could craft those weapons, and reveal their true nature without dying for it. His powers must have been dillute, passed down through too many generations without being renewed. The old powers are leaving us."

The towns thoughts turned to Ilwar, the ex-Magister Roland had killed to restore his own magick.
And what a price we pay to bring them back...

"At least the flowers are pretty." His smile was grim. "Something has to be, these days."

The procession marched back to the guillotine, resigned to another day of horror.

zoraster, the
Town Redeemed Soul
, Killed Night Three.

It is Day Four. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to end the day.

Deadline is April 13th, 2011, at 6PM Central time.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1704 (isolation #81) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #58

Fate: Luckayluck,
AlmasterGM
, Vigilante Ventriloquist (L-3)
Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate

Not voting:
AlmasterGM
, crypto, Equinox,
Fate
LuckayLuck
, Maemuki, RedCoyote,
Vigilante Ventriloquist
, VP Baltar, AlmasterGM

On guillotine:
Equinox

Deadline is on April 13th, 2011, at 6:00 PM central time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to end the day immediately.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1717 (isolation #82) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #59

Many people are right on the threshold for a prod. However, I don't check Saturday hours. Make sure to post on Saturday, because many of the people here will be due a prod
very
early Sunday.

Fate: Luckayluck, Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote (L-2)
Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate, VP Baltar

Not voting:
crypto, Equinox, Maemuki,
RedCoyote
VP Baltar
, AlmasterGM

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1730 (isolation #83) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:12 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #60

AlmasterGM and crypto have been prodded. Fate and Maemuki are due prods very soon (remember, when using the activity overview, it must display three days absent, because I discount Saturdays.)

Fate: Luckayluck, Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote (L-2)

Not voting:
crypto, Equinox, Maemuki, AlmasterGM

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1732 (isolation #84) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Fate and Maemuki have been prodded.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1755 (isolation #85) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #61

crypto and Maemuki have both failed to pick up their prods. However, I'm going to re-prod them (without BCC this time) and give them a little bit longer (
not 24 hours
) because I'm dead tired and not going to go through the hassle of asking for replacements until tomorrow.

Fate:
Luckayluck
, Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, AlmasterGM (L-2)

Not voting:
crypto, Equinox, Maemuki,
AlmasterGM
, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1759 (isolation #86) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Looks like it ended up being 24 hours after all.

I'm going to ask for replacements now, but given the extreme game-length,
I won't
replace the players out while I'm searching. If they can return before I confirm a replacement, I'll let them stay, because this is a single access failure instead of chronic lurking. (I would replace immediately if this was a third-prod-received situation.)
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1765 (isolation #87) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

A quick PSA.

There are two big differences between this set of replacements and the last:

1.) These players have complete access failure (the prods are still in my outbox) as opposed to repeated lurking, the latter of which I dislike far more (my future activity policies will reflect this).

2.) I deliberately gave them more time due to the extreme game length, instead of following my activity policy to the letter.

Due to these factors, there
will
be a deadline extension. I'll pick an exact time when the two slots are filled. In the meantime, do not worry about deadline.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1784 (isolation #88) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #62

Luckayluck and Vigilante Ventriloquist have been prodded. (Apologies for the delay on VV's prod.)

Still searching for replacements for Maemuki and crypto. I will allow them to reclaim their slots if they return before any replacements volunteer.

Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, AlmasterGM (L-2)
Maemuki: Equinox

Not voting:
crypto,
Equinox
, Maemuki, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

There is currently no deadline. I will impose a new deadline when all slots are occupied.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1801 (isolation #89) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #63

Still searching for replacements for Maemuki and crypto. I will allow them to reclaim their slots if they return before any replacements volunteer.

Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate,
VP Baltar

LuckayLuck: VP Baltar

Not voting:
crypto, Maemuki, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

There is currently no deadline. I will impose a new deadline when all slots are occupied.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1803 (isolation #90) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Chesskid3 replaces crypto. Welcome, chesskid!

A deadline will be instituted when a replacement for Maemuki is found.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1835 (isolation #91) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #64

Still searching for a replacement for Maemuki. I will allow her to reclaim her slot if she returns before any replacements volunteer.

Thanks to the players advertising the needed replacement in their signatures.

My favorite color of unicorn is
purple.

Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate,
LuckayLuck: VP Baltar

Not voting:
crypto, Maemuki, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1844 (isolation #92) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:30 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #65

GreyICE replaces Maemuki. Welcome, GreyICE!

With all slots finally filled, I've put in a seven day deadline.

LuckayLuck: VP Baltar, Equinox
Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate
Chesskid3: LuckayLuck
GreyICE:
Equinox

Not voting:
chesskid3, GreyICE,
LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

Deadline is on April 19th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1885 (isolation #93) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #66

VP Baltar: GreyICE
GreyICE: Fate
Vigilante Ventriloquist:
Fate

Not voting:
chesskid3,
GreyICE

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1908 (isolation #94) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #67

Not voting:
chesskid3

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1931 (isolation #95) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:01 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #68

LuckayLuck: VP Baltar, Equinox, chesskid3 (L-2)

Not voting:
chesskid3

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1962 (isolation #96) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #69

LuckayLuck: VP Baltar, Equinox, chesskid3,
Fate
(L-2)
VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate
GreyICE:
Fate

Not voting:
No one

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2010 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #70

VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate, LuckayLuck (L-2)
LuckayLuck: VP Baltar,
Equinox
, chesskid3, AlmasterGM (L-2)
Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote,
AlmasterGM

Chesskid3:
LuckayLuck

Not voting:
Equinox

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2044 (isolation #98) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #71

LuckayLuck: VP Baltar, chesskid3, AlmasterGM,
Fate
(L-2)
VP Baltar: GreyICE,
Fate
, LuckayLuck, Fate (L-2)
Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote

Not voting:
Equinox

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2134 (isolation #99) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #72

Prodding AlmasterGM. Not replacing him despite this being his third prod due to extreme game length.

VP Baltar: GreyICE, LuckayLuck, Fate, Equinox (L-1!)

LuckayLuck: VP Baltar, chesskid3, AlmasterGM, (L-2)
Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote

Not voting:
Equinox

On guillotine:
Equinox

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2160 (isolation #100) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #73

About 36 hours until deadline.

Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, AlmasterGM, VP Baltar (L-1!)

VP Baltar: GreyICE,
LuckayLuck
, Fate, Equinox
LuckayLuck:
VP Baltar
, chesskid3
Chesskid3: Luckayluck

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
Equinox

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2199 (isolation #101) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #74

Around 16 hours until deadline.

VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate, Equinox, LuckayLuck (L-1!)

LuckayLuck: chesskid3
Chesskid3:
Luckayluck

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2209 (isolation #102) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:47 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #75

Around 6 hours until deadline. I may be napping right when deadline comes because I am sleepy. No votes will count post deadline, regardless of whether or not I'm there to lock the thread.

VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate, Equinox, LuckayLuck (L-1!)

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
Equinox

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2225 (isolation #103) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #76

Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, AlmasterGM, VP Baltar, chesskid3 (Lynch!)

VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate, Equinox, LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck:
chesskid3

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
Equinox

The long day had taken it's toll on everyone. People would periodically leave the group until they were called. The talk was slow and dull. There was even a point when some of them went outright silent and the sun itself seemed to stand still.

But as the sun began her descent, new livelihood found it's way into the town. They buzzed with activity and arguments. This was not a quiet trickle to the night - this was a loud roar of arguement, a sprawling conflict of words.

As the last rays of light trembled on the horizon, it was clear that one of Fate or VP Baltar was to be lynched. Chesskid was alone in casting the hammer. He chose Fate.

Fate was rushed on to the table and underneath the dread spike. He screamed as one of the frenzied villagers placed the spike in his chest.

Slurp...slurp

As Fate's life drained away, charging the terrible blade, someone whispered what they all knew; what they had all known for some time.

"Equinox...you're not Drekava, are you?"

She nodded sadly.

Thunk.

Her head bounced on the ground. It didn't turn to dust. No one expected it to.

The fury of their arguments forgotten, they hurried to their houses.

Equinox, the
Vanilla Townie
, killed Day Four.
Fate placed on Guillotine Day Four.

Deadline for Night actions is Thursday, April 21st, at 2:30 PM Central time.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2226 (isolation #104) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The town had been drowning in its sad situation for so long, it was beginning to seem routine. AlmasterGM was found dead in the morning. No tears were shed; no prayers were given. Instead, the survivors (how few there were!) numbly walked to the guillotine. They said nothing. There was nothing to say.

AlmasterGM, the
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night Four

It is Day Five. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to end the day.

Deadline is May 5th, 2011, at 4PM Central time.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2264 (isolation #105) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #77

VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate (L-2)

Not voting:
Fate
, VP Baltar, Vigilante Ventriloquist,
GreyICE
chesskid3
, RedCoyote, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Fate

Deadline is on May 5th, 2011, at 4PM Central Time.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to end the day immediately.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2363 (isolation #106) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:04 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #78

VP Baltar: GreyICE, Fate, Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote (Lynch!)

Not voting:
VP Baltar,
Vigilante Ventriloquist
RedCoyote
, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Fate

Deadline is on May 5th, 2011, at 4PM Central Time.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to end the day immediately.

It was too long. Too much arguing. Too many good people dead.

It was a quick decision to lynch VP. We couldn't make ourselves fight so hard, care so much, argue so passionately anymore. It was the last mistake the Drekava needed.

I'm sure they'll find me soon enough. There's only so far I can run. I'll accept my fate.

Simenon, Equinox, Fate, VP...innocent people. Innocent people we put on that damn machine. We're murderers.

The inquisitor turned the note back and forward in his hands. It was covered in dirt and blood. He had been lucky to find it at all, lying under the rotting corpse of some townsperson.

That damn machine...so, this was before the Drekava walked openly. This village had fought them The Old Way.

Fought them, and lost. The inquisitor sighed. He had seen this sight too many times over the last few months, but at least it had usually been a melee. Here, there apparently weren't enough Drekava for them to show their faces. There had been a hunt for Drekava, with the guillotine, in the old fashion.

He shivered. Not enough to show their faces? By all accounts, every other attack had been with dozens of the beasts. Was this town the epicenter of it all? Was this failure the one that tipped the balance, letting the Drekava prey on wanderers in ones and twos, bolstering their numbers?

Were these the people whose failure had sent the whole world to hell?

Fate, the
Vanilla Townie
, killed Day Five.
VP Baltar placed on guillotine Day Five.

It is no longer possible to stop a win condition from being fuffiled!

RedCoyote (Mafia Goon), Vigilante Ventriloquist (Mafia Roleblocker), and Shadow Dancer (Mafia Rolecop) have won the game!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2364 (isolation #107) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:43 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think we're all glad that's over! That replacement hell was awful. Thanks to those who stuck it out, and thanks to those who replaced in at that terrible bleak end. (GreyICE and Equinox in particular, I owe you two a cross-replace. Chess got his!)

As you all know, this was the debut run of Rusty Guillotine, and farside has asked that you answer these questions:
1) what players thought of the set up
2) did they feel with the delay in knowing the roles that it may not fall under the Open guidelines
3) would they play it again. If so why/or why not?
Post your answer here, and I'll compile the responses to farside and PM her. You can PM her directly if you want to say something like "not only do I hate this setup, but I actively and passionately hate its designer".

In addition to farsides questions, I'd like to hear about me as a moderator. What worked well, what didn't work well? Did you like my votecounts? Were my activity requirements too harsh and bad for the game? Other criticisms? I'm looking to mod a newbie and then a Large Theme, so if I have bad moderating practices I'd like them pointed out immediately so I can rectify them.

Thanks, and feel free to talk about whatever in addition to the questions.

Players who were just observing are free to jump in as well.

Also:

Open 279 - Lair of the Drekava
Open 279 - Those Who Have Passed On

Those who would like to see the role distribution need only look at the first post.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2375 (isolation #108) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:25 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

GreyICE wrote: 2) The town lost its tracker N1, and both confirmable townies the next two days. What. The. Fuck.
I winced when I saw Ythill draw Tracker - he always walks around with a "nk me!" sign. Scum actually thought he was a very UNlikely tracker, but shot him N1 anyway.
3) if the town had had ANY POWER ROLE DO ANYTHING it was probably balanced. As it was, it was basically 11:3 with 2 known 'earls' who had to be shot.
Yeah, it's a shame how the PR thing shook out.
4) Tracker was just a cop with the scum having that many power roles. Lemme rephrase the scum roles a bit 'You may do X. If you do not, you investigate as town.' I strongly suggest a different investigative role, since that just really annoys.
That's by design - so the scum have to think whether or not they use all their PRs.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2425 (isolation #109) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:18 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

So, it seems the consensus is this:

Rusty Guillotine is perfectly fine as an open setup. It MAY be slightly scum favored but with the way this game played out (i.e tracker dead N1) it's worth testing again before talking about balance. However, more than that, delayed flips just aren't really that fun. This game could be run again, but only if the PLAYERS specifically want to play with delayed flips - mods shouldn't just chose it to chose it.

That sound about right for a summary?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2428 (isolation #110) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Regarding the 14 - it's a consequence of the delayed flips, to put the town on odds from D2 on (except when the vig shoots).

The general rule is to start on odds to STAY on odds, but in this setup, you need to start on evens to land on odds.

As for more power, I'm open to ideas, but nothing that will block a kill. Otherwise there are silly interactions with the guillotine I want to avoid. There needs to be one lynch a day, one kill a night.

Return to “Completed Open Games”