Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Simenon »

quick responses first:
VB wrote:I'm pretty disappointed with your contributions so far and that bothers me a lot
I'm obviously not playing well this game; I'm not sure why.
I think I have spent an unfair amount of this game explaining that observation about Ythill.
And I think my post on LL was legitimate.
VB wrote:Can I get your comments on Concission, myself and Ythill please?
I think you're town. I had a problem with Ythill, but I was barking up the wrong tree.
Concission is fairly useless so I could buy a wagon on him.
zora wrote:He points out a case on someone then immediately hedges with a potential meta-defense
that never happened as you are describing it.
zora wrote:His fixation on Ythill posting thoughts about the setup before posting thoughts about the game is bizarre and a half-ass attack.
that wasn't my qualm with ythill, and it counts as a fixation. I only continued to post because I thought nobody understood, not because I needed to make the point again.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Simenon »

LL still tries to use a conversational tone to ingratiate himself with the town, and it still comes off as embarrassingly fake.
Ythill's bulleted points against VPB are bad except for the last one (the bandwagonning of Antitown). I also think that there is scum nibbling on the Antitown wagon, but I don't think it was VBP, and I don't know who it is yet (LL is one of them, the instigator).
Jarti wagon piques my interest. Man is trying too hard.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by Simenon »

EBWODP:
doesn't count as a fixation
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Jarti »

so our initial lynches are much more rewarding this game then normal games then

fyi, nothing to bank on [but not something to forget] once we lynch 2 scum correctly; any future mislynches become pseudo-reedemed souls;
most extreme example is 2 correct lynches & then we have 3 mislynches; everytime we threw someone on the guillotine & the game didn't end we'd know the person was clear since if they were the final mafia member the game would end & thus we could trust them since we don't have to play out a 3rd scum lynch

moving on I didn't like alamaster because he kept his rvs down & nudged the antitown wagon while it was hot calling him scummy but no sense of urgency to pressure someone who he thought was scummy; he called out some other scum reads a post earlier before that too but no vote

luck's 'good man' in his first post is generally the type of buddybuddy language that's been buggin me since the beginning

but the 'you must be the scumbuddy of who i'm attacking to vote me' is too much lol

zoraster's disconnect in who is scum is troubling too willing to forgive in some of his list & too unwilling in other parts I wouldn't expect could possibly be just bad judgement or scum being selective will have to watch the guy
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Simenon wrote:LL still tries to use a conversational tone to ingratiate himself with the town, and it still comes off as embarrassingly fake.
Oh, my feelings, Simenon. You think I'm fake. Alas!

Granted, you have no data on past games with me so if you happen to find a 'conversational tone' as scummy from your experience, then there's nothing I can do to turn you there so I won't argue for it.

I'll just have to look town-ish, to you, by presenting arguments on why people are scum and on why people are townie then. Fighting the good fight, playing the good game and all.

in before someone accuses me of someone twisting my words of "I'll just have to look town-ish" as mafia-like for the two reasons of saying "hah! luckay just admitted that he wants to look town-ish! obvious scum!" and "how are you assuming simenon is town? aha, you must be mafia!" and finally the bonus reason of "wow, luckay sure cares about how he looks, he must be mafia!"

I bet I look fake for saying Alas!
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Jarti wrote:so our initial lynches are much more rewarding this game then normal games then

fyi, nothing to bank on [but not something to forget] once we lynch 2 scum correctly; any future mislynches become pseudo-reedemed souls;
most extreme example is 2 correct lynches & then we have 3 mislynches; everytime we threw someone on the guillotine & the game didn't end we'd know the person was clear since if they were the final mafia member the game would end & thus we could trust them since we don't have to play out a 3rd scum lynch

moving on I didn't like alamaster because he kept his rvs down & nudged the antitown wagon while it was hot calling him scummy but no sense of urgency to pressure someone who he thought was scummy; he called out some other scum reads a post earlier before that too but no vote

luck's 'good man' in his first post is generally the type of buddybuddy language that's been buggin me since the beginning

but the 'you must be the scumbuddy of who i'm attacking to vote me' is too much lol

zoraster's disconnect in who is scum is troubling too willing to forgive in some of his list & too unwilling in other parts I wouldn't expect could possibly be just bad judgement or scum being selective will have to watch the guy
this is the first post which I like from you, my good man!
satirical, but truthful!

I especially like how the previous question you had of 'does game end if two mafia are lynched and one is on the guillotine' was explained here - you've made the realization that you can trust he who is on the guillotine from then on out. A good realization.

My suspicion of you has faded greatly, my good man.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm feeling a little bleh right now. I like zora's entry though, and I'm glad Simenon is feeling a little more pressure for being our worst offender thus far. I need to take a good hard look at LL (nothing caught my eye in a very, very quick skim through his posts) as well as reconsider my position on VPB in light of Ythill's exchange with him. I want to respond to Concission and get her to talk a little more, and I want to poke Fate to get him to rattle some cages. I think, still relatively fresh off of calling scumFate in DEFCON 2.0, I have more confidence in my ability to assess his alignment as the game rolls on. This is something I can hopefully use to my advantage in finding scum, be it through him or connected to him. He's got one of those big personalities that draws a lot of reactions.

That's sort of my mental D1 checklist, heh. Call me out if I don't live up to these promises.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Ythill »

FFS, can we lynch Luck yet?

@Fate:
Remember your "welp" after Jarti touted his own work ethic (isos on page 5)? Look back at Luck's first post. It's welp-worthy and he's only gone downhill since then.

Anyway... Jarti and Zor both earned townie brownies with their most recent posts.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zoraster wrote:Concission is combative without providing any real help to the town. I suggest people go back and actually read his "contributions" to the game. It's not just that he's had trouble getting purchase on the game as can happen, but it's that he's trying to seem active by picking some pretty pointless things to quibble over. Admittedly, his posts have come earlier on in the game. I'm looking for improvement from him, but I'm saying scum for now.
Oh hey, I <3 zoraster for having eyes. Also agree with him about Simenon.
Ythill wrote:Luck and VPB are scum.
I responded to your case...you have nothing to say in reply?
LL wrote:Oh, my feelings, Simenon. You think I'm fake. Alas!

Granted, you have no data on past games with me so if you happen to find a 'conversational tone' as scummy from your experience, then there's nothing I can do to turn you there so I won't argue for it.
Can you give me some specific examples of what you are thinking about from past games that matches your tone here?
Ythill wrote:FFS, can we lynch Luck yet?
This is some major BS right here. Why? What are we rushing for at the moment? We have until Feb. 27 to lynch and it's not like people are not contributing good content at the moment. There are several people I would like to get a better read on before this day is over. There is absolutely no reason to rush Day 1 in this game so it lasts just over 72 hours. That's fucking ridiculous and you need to explain your desire to lynch now.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #6

LuckayLuck:
Jarti, Simenon, crypto, Ythill (L-4)
Antitown:
LuckayLuck, Fate, Shadow Dancer
Simenon:
RedCoyote, zoraster
VP Baltar:
Concission, AlmasterGM
Fate:
Percy
Concission:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
Antitown

On guillotine:
No one.

Deadline is on Feburary 27th, 2011, at 11:00 PM central time.

With no new votes until deadline, LuckayLuck will be placed on guillotine.

Vi Style Activity Checker (and a hearty hello to anyone quoting me):
AlmasterGM (1) l Antitown (1) l Concission (1) l crypto (1) l Fate (0) l Jarti (0) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (0) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (0) l zoraster (0)

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Ythill wrote:FFS, can we lynch Luck yet?

@Fate:
Remember your "welp" after Jarti touted his own work ethic (isos on page 5)? Look back at Luck's first post. It's welp-worthy and he's only gone downhill since then.
Really?

LuckayLuck wrote:Hello everyone. Glad we're starting with a bang, that's the way to do it. Rile people up, get people passionate!
Did some quick research on Fate's style, that seems to be his modus operandi. Good man.
Antitown wrote:Image
Scum love to blend in and look like they're just a jolly old townsman. Nothing like doing what two other people already have done to seem like part of the in crowd.

By the way, there's a side benefit in that if Antitown is scum, then those who have posted no_u.jpg are probably not.

Vote: Antitown
I still stand strong on my stance on this post. It is a reason for why I am voting Antitown and desire to see him lynched.
It used to be the only reason when I first made the post, but further supporting evidence of Antitown's guilt has been spouted from his own mouth.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yo, Antitown...y u no vote?
YOUR AD HERE

LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:29 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

VP Baltar wrote:
LL wrote:Oh, my feelings, Simenon. You think I'm fake. Alas!

Can you give me some specific examples of what you are thinking about from past games that matches your tone here?
No, I haven't got any games recorded here since the board reset so I have no supporting evidence.

I'll give you and everyone else the story behind my undertitle though (the one under my name on the left side). "You're a townie." That is because a while ago, my style consisted very strongly of finding townies and calling them out as so - a gameplay style that focused much more on finding townies instead of mafia, and then bouncing ideas off of said townies
(in a 'conversational tone')
to find the mafia. I would generally be a player who bridged connections and trust between players who I believed were townies to get them to direct votes against mafia. A very 'voting bloc coordinator' sort of player.

You haven't seen much of that yet because I have yet to gain the trust necessary to form such a bloc, though I daresay the votes on Antitown are all from people I mainly 'trust' at the moment (Fate & Shadow Dancer). No, that isn't solely because they're voting Antitown though that is a part of it - I like their tone and presentation of arguments as well.

I like crypto as town too, he's voting me, but I have some hope he'll see the light - as well, I like Jarti after his last post.

LuckayLuck's "You're a Townie!" List

LuckayLuck
Fate
Shadow Dancer
Crypto

LuckayLuck's "Maybe You're a Townie!" List

Jarti
Percy
VP Baltar

LuckayLuck's "You're not a Townie!" list

Antitown

I am aware that I have listed 7/14 of the players as townies (townie-like). My reads do change, so have no fear in me blindly trusting these folks, though I do hold a fair amount of trust in them at this moment in time. I do indeed have a townie bias as my undertitle suggests.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 am

Post by crypto »

I don't like this. I can feel a Mini 880 coming on.

Jarti makes me want to drive nine-inch nails through each one of my eyelids.

Ythill and zoraster are probably town.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:00 am

Post by crypto »

Luckay feels really scummy but maybe he just has a filthy personality.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 am

Post by crypto »

FORTUNATELY HE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE PLAYED MAFIA IN SEVENTEEN YEARS SO ANY META I COULD DIG UP WOULD BE HIGHLY UNRELIABLE.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Fate »

WHAT THE FUCK IS ALL THESE PEOPLE SAYING THEY LIKE JARTI'S LAST POST?

IT WAS OF NOTHING AT ALL BUT LETTERS.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

crypto wrote:I don't like this. I can feel a Mini 880 coming on.
Don't even joke about this.
YOUR AD HERE

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Ythill »

What's a mini 880?
VPB wrote:I responded to your case...you have nothing to say in reply?
I'm not going to argue with you about my conclusions. If I'm right, I'm not letting you manipulate me. If I'm wrong, demonstrate it to me through your play.
VPB wrote:This is some major BS right here. Why? What are we rushing for at the moment?
My statement was more about Luck's increasing scumminess than the timetable, but I can see how it could be taken that way.

@Luck:
Thanks for quoting that post. Others should note you buddying to the aggressors, touting your own work ethic (welp), and chaining reads on page 2. That's 3/9 of the tells I've got listed for you, all in your first post. Good job.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Fate »

Ythill having horrible reads is a towntell.

/grin
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Ythill »

You've never played with me as town. :P
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Fate »

Uh....
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Fate »

[Mafia in Sienna] Darkstrike 11 Vanilla Townie Lost Lynched D4 Replaced into CA/Budja's slot. Double replacing is fail. Helped lynch the SK and then the Godfather, but I was still lynched D4 for fabricated "buddying" between me and the godfather. Though my first catch up post after I replaced into the game had the whole scum team nailed.
Ring any bells?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 am

Post by crypto »

Ythill wrote:What's a mini 880?
The Abominable Snowman.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ythill wrote:What's a mini 880?
ugh. Let's pretend it was never mentioned.
It's probably the worst, most frustrating game in MS history.

Ythill wrote:I'm not going to argue with you about my conclusions. If I'm right, I'm not letting you manipulate me. If I'm wrong, demonstrate it to me through your play.
I don't think it's really manipulation to ask you to respond to my counterpoints to your points. I'm not Troll and going to wall you to death. But anyhow. More relevant to my interests, how do you feel about Concission and me explaining my vote there? Why are you so convinced she is town?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Open Games”