Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Fate »

No thank you.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Fate, you owe me. Pay attention and I'll show you how to win this game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Fate »

K, I'm watching.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Concission as you learn. It's the right thing to do.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am

Post by zoraster »

Well, I promise I didn't catch up and only then read my role PM. I'm here to play the game, and not reading a role pm is antithetical to that. Mafia relies on honesty to work (meta-honesty that is... obviously not in game honesty) If I'm scum, I might try to write my posts forgetting that I'm scum, but I would never not read my role pm.

In any case, my stance is largely the same with a few changes: Shadow is scummy for much of the same reasons as before. On concission I don't really have any new information. Simenon comes across as somewhat more town than I had previously believed.

Those were my previous top 3 that I was referring to in a previous post.

I don't believe AGM is scum. His content after he came back seem to be fairly town.

Luckay's comment about considering ythill to be so town that he's a mason is ridiculous, and I'm wondering if that's not some buddying up.

I'll be glad to see more of Glad, seems fairly townish right now, but I'll need more to tell.

RC is also starting to bother me with the really quick clip quotes. I know his style often involves more point-by-point than I ever like to do, but his seem less designed to find scum and more to seem like he's inspecting.

As for other town reads: crypto remains so. VP Baltar i'm leaning town on at the moment (as opposed to mild scum before).

Conclusion: Shadow remains my number one lynch choice, but I'd be willing to entertain discussion on Concission, RC and mayyybe Luckay.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Whee
eee
eee

Vote: Concission

And for the record, I did not begin reading the game until I received my role.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:07 am

Post by crypto »

Fate wrote:Kill bait? Me? But I'm not even being productive!!!
No, not you, me, i.e., me before I can get a read on you. :P
VP Baltar wrote:in fact,
Unvote, Vote: Concission

So down with this.
You be quiet.
Fate wrote:When did Glados say he read before he read his role PM? Thats akin to cheating and lame as fuck
He didn't say that. As someone who's done it once or twice, I'm saying that I suspect a decent number of other players do it as well. I don't think reading the game and taking notes or typing up your first post before receiving your PM is cheating.

We are lynching Concission today barring something extraordinary. Saddle up, bichez.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Fate »

*phew* I was worried there for a bit crypto.

Unvote:
Vote: Concission

Like this?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:14 am

Post by crypto »

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

Post by crypto »

oh btw your buddy-buddy mind tricks won't work on me

lulz
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Fate »

damn

guess i will have to kill u then
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 am

Post by zoraster »

sounds good to me.

VOTE: Concission

I think that's 5 for L-3.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 am

Post by crypto »

Fate wrote:damn

ur doin it again

o zorotser i roll ym eyes at u!!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 am

Post by zoraster »

crypto wrote:
Fate wrote:damn

ur doin it again

o zorotser i roll ym eyes at u!!
koay!
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:18 am

Post by crypto »

EBWOP to my player-by-player analysis:
wary as him as everyone else
Should be ". . . wary of him as everyone else is."
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #17

Concission:
cypto, VP Baltar, GLaDOS, Fate, zoraster (L-3)
AlmasterGM:
Jarti, Simenon, Shadow Dancer,
Fate

VP Baltar:
Concission, Percy, Ythill
GLaDOS:
LuckayLuck,
crypto
, RedCoyote
LuckayLuck:
AlmasterGM
Shadow Dancer:
zoraster

Simenon:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
GLaDOS

On guillotine:
No one.

Deadline is on Feburary 27th, 2011, at 11:00 PM central time.

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, Concission will be placed on guillotine.

Vi Style Activity Checker (and a hearty hello to anyone quoting me):
AlmasterGM (0) l Concission (0) l crypto (0) l Fate (0) l GLaDOS (0) l Jarti (1) l LuckayLuck (0) l Percy (1) l RedCoyote (0) l Shadow Dancer (1) l Simenon (1) l VP Baltar (0) l Ythill (1) l zoraster (0)

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Simenon »

Unvote Vote Concission

For my previous reasons and because she hasn't posted in a while and this seems like a fruitful wagon.

Didn't find AGM's reads impressive. His list is a collection of all the leading suspects in the town (except concission, who wasn't a leading suspect then) and all of the recognized townies. Also, he's prone to weird exaggeration; not all of his candidates can be that scummy because there aren't enough scum.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Woow... Looks like I missed quite a bit... And I see an Alma post. An its quite a long one :\ On first read I see quite some things that need commenting. But I'm too lazy to write a WOT now. Maybe tomorrow.

Unvote.
for now.

And: Hi, GLaDOS. I hope you do better than Anti.

And on with my catchup...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OMG, LL, could you keep your posts a bit shorter O_o. At least shrink the quotes a bit or something... Especially don't quote your own posts all the time! I can ISO you myself whenever I want to, you know... Fate has it right: Conciseness is pro-town.
And damn, it, stop always explaining and defending your playstyle over and over again already. Please ;\ I like your approach for the most part, now just show it in action and make it work effectively, okay?!
And one last time: Our PRs are rather useless, scum's Prs are really strong and hence our PRs will most likely not survive for long. Thus making the most of them means claiming early, i.e. Vig tomorrow before shot and VS maybe even ASAP.
RC wrote:SD's post 353 is good. He calls out a number of people and is trying to start some good conversations. If SD follows up on this, he'll have earned some serious points from me.
Buddying? Coaching? Like play a certain way to please me? I don't know, but posts like this make me wary.

LL's post 430 makes me think about Jarti again. Could he play some "good cop - bad cop" game all by himself?

Simenon finally brings a somewhat acceptable stance on the Ythil case finally. Still: Ythil explained that he had
no time
to read in his opening post... I am willing to let it slight and give him the benefit of doubt by now, because I have an urging feeling that there are things going on in his head I do not yet understand properly...

GlaDOS immediately pleases me more than Anti... OK, no big deal...
Somehow I am missing some good scum reads on her part so far.

If concission does not post something today, I'm inclined to join the waggon.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Simenon »

I've never been diagnosed with schizophrenia, if that's what you're implying. Although I guess they all say that.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Jarti
, what do you think of GLaDOS?
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

crypto wrote:We are lynching Concission today barring something extraordinary. Saddle up, bichez.
I consider it important to get everyone's views on important events, this is one of them - so I will state now: I am opposed to lynching Concission
at this moment in time

I like the people voting Concission. I think most are townies. I get that Concission has at best been a lurker, and at worst had some scumminess. That's fine. I myself have not found anything particularly townie-ish about Concission.

Concission seems like a "compromise" lynch. It's a lynch everyone can get behind because I don't think anyone can actually defend Concission. That's why I would vote for him, at least...because it's "okay."

I am not okay with an okay lynch at the moment. Feel like we can do better.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Percy »

OK fellas, I'm doped to the eyeballs! It's WALL TIEM! Wheeeee!
VP Baltar wrote:I never have thought AT hasn't been scummy, because he has and I didn't let my pressure off of him, but people like SD and Simenon chirping around the wagon without doing any of the work did give me pause. Still does.
Double negative hellooooo
But when you say "this wagon is too easy" that is taking the pressure off.

And yeah I know you're a sassmonster, I like a bit of sass too. But it wasn't being sassy that I was going :neutral: about, it was the fact that you're sassing Antitown and the way you're doing it.
VP Baltar wrote:
Percy wrote:try to establish a noob/scum paradigm, if the player comes and participates and demonstrates non-noob then they must be scum, if they don't then they're useless and worth lynching even if they're not scum. This kind of argument really bothers me.
This is a pretty huge assumption you are making here. When have you ever seen me want to policy lynch anyone as town? I think about 2 seconds of meta would out me as scum if I ever made such a statement. Maybe that's how you play scum, but not me...so perhaps its best to consider what I'm saying as the actual truth.
Hmmmm. You missed my point; I wasn't trying to say you were going for a policy lynch. What I was saying was that this kind of play seems designed to get Antitown lynched. If he did come in and noob all over the place, as you seem to be saying he is, then lynching him will be easier not because you're going to advocate a policy lynch, but because it will seem like less of a loss if he does flip town.

But reading over that paragraph I feel like I'm stretching. Blergh.
VP Baltar wrote:
Ythill wrote:My statement was more about Luck's increasing scumminess than the timetable, but I can see how it could be

taken that way.
Soooooo, LL is so scummy that we need to lynch within 72 hours of the game starting. And yet, he flips back to me at the drop of a hat because I'm the leading wagon. Pardon if I find this more than a touch convenient to a scum's interests of 1) ending the day quickly 2) getting VPB out of the game. Now, also pay heed to the fact that LL hasn't even posted since Ythill was 'ZOMG LYNCH NAO'ing.
This is an OK point, as long as you ignore the first sentence. His quote indicates he intended the exact opposite of what you then said.
Concission wrote:@Percy: That's not a contradiction. I'm saying anti should have voted Fate when he was saying Fate is scum either to pressure or to mean a lynch.
When you say "X should vote a certain way", you're saying that people have a liability to vote certain ways, to use their vote in certain circumstances. But you also said that it was a tool, not a liability, to defend yourself for voting VP. It is a flat-out contradiction. Maybe it's not a scumtell, but you can't have this both ways.
Fate wrote:Let's take a look Anti-town's voting record/contribution (keep in mind I'm doing this off pure memory, not his ISO, because his play is that concise):

-Vote Fate for RVS
-Leave it on for mysterious reasons he refuses to explain
-Take it off when my behavior doesn't improve or change at all
-Repeat Percy's stance on me as his own, waffling every which way
-Vote VP at Ythill's request.

Yup.
Not bad, Fate.
Simenon wrote:The number of people pushing it in a short amount of time bothered me, and LL was a better target anyway.
Well you didn't mention that you felt that the wagon was scummy when you left it to vote LL here, you pointed out a scumtell here on Antitown and say later that you were trying to defend him somehow, and you don't actually say why the others on the wagon are scum at all - you only identify LL here without giving reasons, since you seem to believe LL is independently scummy at this point. This is pretty fishy.

LL on Jarti:
LuckayLuck wrote:His explanation for why he asked the question (he didn't even do it in a way that 'explained', he just did it in a matter of fact way...which furthers my belief that he's a townie) was just very good. I don't think a scum would think too much on 'what happens if two scum die and then a townie is put on the guillotine.' Even if they do, I like the way he presented his train of thought. It was done in a townie way.

And that is why I like Jarti's last post and why I have flipped Jarti from 'scum' to 'probably townie' pretty quick.
I've already said that I thought it was a question for the sake of a question, and LL seems to agree with me on that. But LL is trying to argue that it's too strange a question for scum to be asking. I disagree with this read strongly.
Jarti wrote:percury i never established that it was the reads I disagreed with; it was how he came to some reads not feeling matched up to some others mainly his thoughts on luck vs thoughts on sim & con
errrrr...
Jarti wrote:zoraster's disconnect in who is scum is troubling
For the record, this is what zoraster said:
zoraster wrote:Simenon is scum. He points out a case on someone then immediately hedges with a potential meta-defense. His fixation on Ythill posting thoughts about the setup before posting thoughts about the game is bizarre and a half-ass attack....

Luck isn't as scummy as people have made out, I don't think. That's a gut call, but I think people are stretching to make it stick. That's fine in the beginning, but I see more promising avenues.

Concission is combative without providing any real help to the town. I suggest people go back and actually read his "contributions" to the game. It's not just that he's had trouble getting purchase on the game as can happen, but it's that he's trying to seem active by picking some pretty pointless things to quibble over. Admittedly, his posts have come earlier on in the game. I'm looking for improvement from him, but I'm saying scum for now.

So for me that leaves Concission and Simenon as the best lynch candidates. I'd love to hear more from Jarti and to a lesser extent RedC and Almaster.
Now you seem to be inviting Luck onto your wagon, so you don't seem to think he's scummy either. You threw the accusation at zoraster that his scumreads were disconnected, but I don't see how they are or why you think so.
RedCoyote 301 wrote:I happen to agree with his approach to the game (for the most part, that is. Percy shot down his first point, and his third point needed a little clarification, but it was in the right general place).
So the right general place is a case on VP, right?
RedCoyote 301 wrote:I agree with both of these points, but disagree with your VPB case in general. Ythill's point are better, imo. I mean, does Concission just seem more honest to you? I'm having trouble seeing the issue with VPB at that juncture. Maybe he was a touch defensive, but I think you're blowing it out of proportion.
You can't see the case, but like Ythill for making a case against VP?
This is a very waffly, contradictory read to have on someone who's being wagonned. Clarification?
RedCoyote 301 wrote:But you still think AT is scum, right? I guess that's what keeping me from saying that you're right and Percy is just misguided at best or scum at worse.
Say whaaaat? Where does this even come from?

This post by crypto was awesome. In particular,
crypto 317 wrote:AGM's exact words: "Jarti seems to fit the profile of the 'lurkerscum' pretty well." Watch this. "Seems . . . fit . . . profile of . . . pretty well." Don't know about you guys, but to me it smells an awful lot like AGM fears of taking a stance and/or has a vested interest in keeping his options open.
I really like language tells, and this seems like a good 'un.
VP Baltar wrote:
Ythill wrote:Scum
Luck (by a lot)
Vote Count wrote:Shadow Dancer: zoraster, Ythill
lol, sure thing.
I also lol'd, and the follow up was also good.
Jarti wrote:oh someone else finally sees the pikachu for the scum he be VOTE: AlamasterGM
Is dat sum wagonhopping?

This is a good post by Luck, and gives Simenon more scumpoints.
crypto wrote:
Zoraster's lastest posts look terrible. An AGM flip would say a lot about him.
Would zoraster-scum dare to waffle on the bus?
Are you saying that Zoraster is bussing AGM or Simenon?

The AGM wagon died down after his big post. He didn't really respond to the argument I bought particularly well of crypto's, but his point on LL was good.
Ythill wrote:@AGM: For the most part, your logic seems sound. I think your stances are a bit convenient and of course you know I'm rolling my eyes at the fact that it took L-1 pressure to make you analyze the game like this.
Hmmm, I don't know if I'd characterise AGM's positions as "convenient". Which ones are you thinking of?

FTR, Shadow Dancer is scummiest on the AGM wagon. Joining the wagon at L-1 with this:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Alma: Seems to be pretty much active lurking, popping in here and there, dropping some rather innocuous ramarks and disappearing again. I really want to hear more from him, at least some opinion about every player or something like that to start with.
...along with saying other players needed pressure. After realising (ho ho) that it was an L-1 vote, there's no attempt to gauge whether his suspicions were worth the L-1 vote. Then there's this:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Woow... Looks like I missed quite a bit... And I see an Alma post. An its quite a long one :\ On first read I see quite some things that need commenting. But I'm too lazy to write a WOT now. Maybe tomorrow.

Unvote
. for now.
This post is scum city. Voting to pressure and get a read, then unvoting before you even have read the content is terribad. Was it just the length of the post that made you unvote? I have long posts, and you think I'm scum for some reason.
Ythill wrote:I really think the vig should claim and shoot first thing in the morning, and then the RS should claim. At that point, we force the scum to choose between tracker hunting (which allows a bloc core to live and lets the tracker make it bigger if they miss) or killing off the PRs (which means that the tracker will either increase the size of that bloc or get a guilty by the time they are done). Either way, town advantage.
This is the plan. There will be no more discussion.
Zoraster wrote:I don't believe AGM is scum. His content after he came back seem to be fairly town.
Well originally you were all like:
zoraster wrote:Waiting to hear from AGM. Convince me of your towniness, AGM. Or don't. You're not in my top 3 to lynch right now, but I'm perfectly happy to put your head down where the blade's coming.
Then there are some claim shenanigans and you're now saying he's town. zor's play here smells a lot like opportunism.
LuckayLuck wrote:I like the people voting Concission. I think most are townies. I get that Concission has at best been a lurker, and at worst had some scumminess. That's fine. I myself have not found anything particularly townie-ish about Concission.

Concission seems like a "compromise" lynch. It's a lynch everyone can get behind because I don't think anyone can actually defend Concission. That's why I would vote for him, at least...because it's "okay."
I spelt this tactic out quite clearly earlier in the thread, and LL walked right into it. LL gets scumpoints.

wrt Simenon, first there was
Simenon wrote:
Unvote Vote Almaster

As I said before, he's flown under the radar. crypto's points are strong
Then,
Simenon wrote:I haven't gotten through AGM's post yet, when I do I'll see if I want to unvote.
Then,
Simenon wrote:
Unvote Vote Concission

For my previous reasons and because she hasn't posted in a while and this seems like a fruitful wagon.

Didn't find AGM's reads impressive. His list is a collection of all the leading suspects in the town (except concission, who wasn't a leading suspect then) and all of the recognized townies. Also, he's prone to weird exaggeration; not all of his candidates can be that scummy because there aren't enough scum.
Taking your vote off a wagon you liked
and continue to like
to put it on a lurker? Say what now?

TOWN
crypto

LEANING TOWN
AlmasterGM - Townread from before, some good points, wagon smells very scummy.
Fate
Ythill

NULL
GLaDOS
LuckayLuck - have trouble reading this slot. Need to ISO ASAP.
VP Baltar - His responses to the points presented against him so far has been OK. Still wary.

LEANING SCUM
Concission
zoraster
RedCoyote

SCUM
Jarti
Shadow Dancer
Simenon

Unvote, Vote: Simenon

Not interested in voting Concission at this time.

Hokay. Need to take some more pills and lie down.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by crypto »

Deal with it.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Fate »

I thought we could do better too, but apparently I have much to learn from VP-sama

Return to “Completed Open Games”