Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I like how AGM has the scummiest reaction possible to getting lynched. P. Funneh.

@SD - I have been busy preparing my taxes this week (finished them a few minutes ago!) and that was the explanation for the delay. I apologize. You could have taken the initiative to look it up probably, but I will get those quotes for you now:
SD wrote:You say you considered him townie and didn't like the waggon and just wanted to speed up the process so town could move on. Now tell me:
i.) What would be the townie motivation to demnand a claim and set some one, whom one considers to be town, on the bring of death?
VP Baltar wrote:I voted Sim yesterday so he would claim and then we could move on. You guys wanted to herp-a-derp all day and follow Ythill's atrocious plan of crappy voting majority (with VV voting from page 7, that totally makes sense!)...so I was trying to hurry the process along so we could actually get to lynching scum.
SD wrote:iii.) How did a VT claim convince you to unvote? Even if you don't agree with the site policy of lynching claimed VTs you certainly knew about it (you pointed out something about blind wiki-followers or something like that) and hence you must have known the consequences of a claim. (Well, I guess this now basically loops back to i.)...)
VP Baltar wrote:Let me give you guys a huge hint as to what would have happened if Simenon had been scum yesterday: 1) there wouldn't have been a voting majority on him with the way Ythill put his poor analysis together.
2) He would have claimed tracker or possibly Vig in an effort draw the counterclaim.
SD wrote:iv.) Why wouldn't, in your opinion, scum just have claimed VT?
I'll explain further on this one rather than just pointing you to the above bolded, even though I think it is self-evident. Essentially, scum have no incentive to claim VT in that case exactly because of the 'lynch VT site-meta' you are lambasting me about. This is an open game, so scum know exactly what roles are in play and what they need to do to get those roles out of play and gain the advantage. If Sim-scum claims VT there, 9 times out of 10 he's just going to get lynched anyway because that's how most towns role. So, he is going to benefit his team much more by claiming Tracker in that situation and attempting to out the real tracker. He may still get lynched, but he greatly improves the chances of his team winning the overall game by playing it that way. That is why scum, particularly a smart player like Simenon, never would have claimed VT in that situation.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Fate »

THOUGHT THIS THROUGH?

IVE THOUGH IT THROUGH DAMN FUCKING WELL.

"IM THE HURR DURR RS"="IM THE NEXT PERSON SCUM WILL KILL AFTER GLADOS"

NO.

FUCKING.

REASON.

UNLESS.

THE.

PERSON.

IS.

AT.

L-1.

GOOD GOD, AT LEAST AGM IS DEAD AND SCUM IS LYNCHED AND YEEHAWW
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

VPB wrote:I like how AGM has the scummiest reaction possible to getting lynched. P. Funneh.
Says the scum.

I'm very, very annoyed with this game. Mostly because the dumbtown is following you around like lost little puppies while the rest of your team lurks, and then the remainder of the town isn't mobilized enough to get its act together on any legitimate wagon.

I'm glad I'll still be around tomorrow, though. I want to do a little more investigating into Fate, now that he's brought himself up.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fate wrote:GOOD GOD, AT LEAST AGM IS DEAD AND SCUM IS LYNCHED AND YEEHAWW
I'm not dead yet. But you can add this to the tally of THINGS YOUVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Fate »

YOU WERE THE ONE THAT SAID IT WAS A FUCKIN LYNCH.

AND GUESS WHAT, THATS AKIN TO A VT CLAIM.

HAMMER AWAY!
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Fate »

AlmasterGM wrote:
VPB wrote:I like how AGM has the scummiest reaction possible to getting lynched. P. Funneh.
Says the scum.

I'm very, very annoyed with this game. Mostly because the dumbtown is following you around like lost little puppies while the rest of your team lurks, and then the remainder of the town isn't mobilized enough to get its act together on any legitimate wagon.

I'm glad I'll still be around tomorrow, though. I want to do a little more investigating into Fate, now that he's brought himself up.
OH NOW INSTEAD OF WRONGTOWN IM "INVESTIGATE MORE AND PUSH HIS MISLYCNH WHISLT ON MY SCUMPODIUM TOMMORROW"

NOPE!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Baltar: Your assumption that scum would neccesarily claim a PR is naive at best, especially considering the lynch mechanic which would give scum another day on the guillotine... And the tracker, which Sim could have been, considering that you considered him town, would also have claimed VT, just to get that one track in instead of being NKed right away. And a simple CC of any lesser town role would hardly have hurt town but scum would nonthelless have been confirmed becuase scum would obviously not CC a claimed town PR. But that's not even the point at all.
The point is that you pressed a claim and hence a sure lynch on some one that you considered a townie although you knew that it would mean his doom. And that is smething I cannot make any sense of from a townie PoV.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I will remind you all of this clause of my ruleset:
Votes: Votes must be bold, and
be on the start of a new line. A vote inside a paragraph doesn't count.
Unvotes are nice but not necessary. Don't play 'vote tricks' – whether you voted for someone or not is ultimately for me to decide, not you. ;)
VV's vote was not the start of a new line, and thus, did not count.

Additionally, even if it had been a valid vote, I will not end the day if the number of votes stated in the last VC + the number of additional votes is not great enough to lynch - I won't penalize the town for a mod error.

Vote Count #35

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, Fate, Concission,
Shadow Dancer
(L-2)
zoraster: AlmasterGM, crypto, LuckayLuck
RedCoyote: GLaDOS,
Shadow Dancer

Fate: RedCoyote, Jarti
Jarti: Vigilante Ventriloquist,

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

Deadline is on March 12th, 2011, at 2:00 PM central time.

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, AlmasterGM will be placed on guillotine.

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yes, I'm VT. And no, I'm not dead yet because THATS HOW THE FUCKIN MECHANICS WORK. HELLLLOOOO.

And yes, I have to go look at some stuff from you. I remembered something you mentioned prior that deserves thought.

BUT WHY BE SCARED? IF I FLIP SCUM THEN OBVIOUSLY I WAS MAKING IT ALL UP.

RIGHT?

RIIIIIGHT?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:54 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Or I'm not dead yet 'cause of NINJA HITO.

Not that this wagon is going to reverse itself anyway.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

vote Alma
then.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

People follow me like lost puppies? I was wagoned at the start of the day and very few people seem to actually be listening to me. I'm glad that now you're dead you're trying to act like you've had initiative this game. There there.
SD wrote:@Baltar: Your assumption that scum would neccesarily claim a PR is naive at best
*Checks user date.

Cool story, bro. Additionally, I like how you're giving me shit about it BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Yeah, scum isn't going to try to out the tracker because that's not as good as keeping their credibility for one more day before inevitable death. :roll:

Also,
SD wrote:The point is that you pressed a claim and hence a sure lynch on some one that you considered a townie although you knew that it would mean his doom.
No. But perhaps I gave this town too much credit for being able to read motivation. So, that's my B.

Lynch AGM now.
YOUR AD HERE

Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

hito wrote:Votes: Votes must be bold, and be on the start of a new line.
A vote inside a paragraph doesn't count.
Unvotes are nice but not necessary.
Don't play 'vote tricks'
– whether you voted for someone or not is ultimately for me to decide, not you.
"Don't play vote tricks, but if you do want to, here's how you can." Am I reading that correctly?
Isn't that the title of OJ Simpson's book?

My vote wasn't meant to be a trick vote, but it apparently fooled everyone but AGM. I really question the wisdom of a rule set that actively discourages voting gambits, while passively encouraging them.

I was happy to vote AGM for wagoning purposes, but I don't really feel comfortable hammering him tbh, especially now that the last two votes on him were hella shady (most notably Concission's "gee, I just don't know who to suspect anymore. :bashful face: vote: AGM" post). Concission wagon is 10x better than an AGM wagon right now.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

BTW; HERE IT IS... FOR THE 3RD TIME.
Shadow Dancer wrote:I am still convincd that now, after the vig has already claimed, an RS claim would be advantageous. This gives us two confirmed townies (plus eventual Obvtown - I won't tell you who that would be) to follow - and scum can only kill one each night.
If both PRs claim today, we have both cofirmed today and still one tomorrow.
If RS claims tomorrow we only got one confirmed townie a day.
If RS waits even longer with a claim, 3 people will be guillotined and scum has scanned 6 with kil and cop which means they most likely get the RS before town does...
IN CASE NO ONE NOTICED: CONC MADE A STUNNING 180° TURN FROM OPPOSING A CLAIM TO APPROVING IT, OBVIOUSLY WITHOUT EVEN REMEBERING HER EARLIER OPINION.
BUT ANYWAY, FORGET THE CLAIM NOW SINCE ALMA JUST MADE IT IRRELEVANT.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: Shadow Dancer
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

My vote wasn't meant to be a trick vote, but it apparently fooled everyone but AGM. I really question the wisdom of a rule set that actively discourages voting gambits, while passively encouraging them.
The point of my ruleset on voting is threefold:
1. Never punish the players for a moderator error.
2. Make sure players cast votes that I can see (I did in fact miss your vote on AGM, because I only look on new lines for votes.)
3. Prevent vote gambits (such as "V0te: X) and later claiming that it is invalid.

Normally, I follow the rule, if it looks like a vote, it's a vote. Votes that don't start lines are the only explicit exception. Perhaps this is "passively encouraging" vote gambits, but the alternative is to force myself to dissect walls and see if they contain votes.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:42 am

I still think that rule hurts more than it helps. What if this had been 3p lylo and a vote didn't count because it wasn't at the start of a line? Is that really how games should be won and lost?

Anyway, if people are about to start jumping off of AGM, now would be the perfect time to get a better wagon going.

Unvote, vote: Concission

If you need a reason, look no farther than here. If you need anything more than that, there are 42 pages worth of Concission-scum for you to read. Get on it.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvote
;
Vote: Shadow Dancer

That
was scum jumping on the wagon, btw. Unlike my Concission vote yesterday.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by crypto »

Wow.

Unvote. Vote: Shadow Dancer.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by Jarti »

VOTE: Shadow Dancer

Spoiler: mental note for later
Shadow Dancer puts AGM at L-1 - #30 ISO
Shadow Dancer puts RC at L-1 - #56 ISO
Shadow Dancer puts AGM at L-1 - #75 ISO
Shadow Dancer puts AGM at L-1 - #80 ISO
[people SD has also voted: VV-slot, Glados-slot (both very early on); otherwise just RC & AGM votes]
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Fate »

NOW WERE GOING PLACES BABY.

THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY MAFIA
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Jarti's point is good if it's true, but aside from that, SD's hop wasn't anywhere near as scummy as Concission's. Am I missing something obvious here?

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm ok with a shadow lynch...but why are we letting AGM scum off the hook exactly?

I do think Jarti's point is valid. I seem to recall Ythill pointing out yesterday that SD was on every single major wagon that happened.
YOUR AD HERE

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

So it's a stupid me waggon versus another lame arse Conc waggon now? No, thank you...
AGM was a good lynch yesterday and still is today, but never my top suspect. How is my waggoning him scummy? Even if it's not the first time?
And by the way: I wasn't on the Sim waggon, I never was on any Baltar or Lucky waggon (Jarti even made a list for you). So much to that theory. Driven by selsctive perception through and through.
And now look at LC's response. Suddenly he is following Fate around, all to happy to see his own waggon hopping relativated? C'mon.
But anyway: If you really wanna dismantle the AGM waggon now, fine, but I stay with my conclusion that then at least the RS should claim right now.
And we should lynch scum.
Unvote. Vote RC
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I saw what I saw. I saw SD, who, up until that point, had been very precise about his language and his votes (you've basically just admitted to such in the last post here), absolutely throw all that away in a careless "L-1" vote, which was effectively a hammer by anyone taking two looks at the game. Hell, Jarti just did my work for me. You've made all these very careful votes in this game, more than anyone else, putting players at L-1 after supposedly counting over the previous votes and making sure that your vote wouldn't cause harm.

Now some people don't have the presence of mind to look over the game before making a move like that. They might be prone to making more flighty positions and let their emotions carry them a little more than any given person. I do not get that sense from you. I think that vote was purposeful and measured, just like all of your other votes in the past, with an intent on lynching AGM coyly and acting like you didn't know VV had already voted (unproperly, unbeknownst to all of us at the time).

The scumteam is SD, VPB, and Fate. Game over. gg all. First round's on me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”