Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #36

Shadow Dancer: Fate, RedCoyote, crypto, Jarti (L-2)
AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar,
Fate
, Concission,
Shadow Dancer

zoraster: AlmasterGM,
crypto
, LuckayLuck
RedCoyote: GLaDOS, Shadow Dancer
Concission: Vigilante Ventriloquist
Fate:
RedCoyote
Jarti

Jarti:
Vigilante Ventriloquist

Not voting:
Shadow Dancer

On guillotine:
No one.

Deadline is on March 12th, 2011, at 2:00 PM central time.

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, Shadow Dancer will be placed on guillotine.

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Fate »

This game went hella down my bookmarks.

TIME TO BUS SCUMBAGS!

Oh wait RC's already voting...
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Unvote. Vote: Shadow Dancer
(L-1)

I will throw caution to the winds and trust in crypto & fate. I begrudgingly give Jarti credit on having a 'note to self' on Shadow Dancer's shady activities.

Post #1048 of Shadow Dancer's actually simply makes no sense. It has no townie flow to it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

AGM sure got unpopular quickly for nothing he did whatsoever.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Fate »

LL is late to bus. AGMs given a benefit of doubt for the moment.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, that seems like an odd perspective to me, particularly coming from the people that were against letting Sim live yesterday. AGM's reaction and claim are far worse than Sim's were. Does not compute.
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Fate »

SDs lolhop was scumbaggery though.

AGM has a different style than Sime, so sure his reaction will be different.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree that it looks like a bus from SD, but a scum in hand is worth two on the gallows....or something like that. Killing AGM is a good idea.
YOUR AD HERE

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:04 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #37

Shadow Dancer: Fate, RedCoyote, crypto, Jarti, LuckayLuck (L-1!)

AlmasterGM: zoraster, VP Baltar, Concission
RedCoyote: GLaDOS, Shadow Dancer
zoraster: AlmasterGM,
LuckayLuck

Concission: Vigilante Ventriloquist

Not voting:
No one.

On guillotine:
No one.

Deadline is on March 12th, 2011, at 2:00 PM central time.

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, Shadow Dancer will be placed on guillotine.

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Fate »

Bus/Mislynch hop, EITHER WAY you vote the guy with the shady as fuck vote FIRST. Why do you have such a desire to switch back to AGM? I highly doubt all the bussing scum on AGM's wagon hopped over onto SD town, more likely scum decided "OH FFFF TIME TO BUS SHADOW NOW."

I'll entertain AGM as town, for now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Why hello VPB + SD scumteam. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong place for the lurker. Zoraster's off the hook for now. LuckayLuck is still scum hiding (seriously, check his posting ratio between yesterday and today, it's like 10:1) and then popping in for the last minute bus.

I'll hammer. Any objections?

VPB getting owned in the face and then lynched will be sooooooo sexy when SD flips scum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Fate »

AGM I SAVED YOU FROM DEATH AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS DERPDERP ILL HAMMER?

GIMME REAL CONTENT AND REASON TO HAVE SAVED YOU FROM ROPE
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

See, Fate - AGM, Luck, RC? I've got some scummy as shit votes up my arse. And what for? Voting AGM...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

And every one else is trying to outlurk even AGM...
And by the way. Baltar is still town - hell annoyingly erratic town - but still as town as any big accumulation of buildings.
But, yeah, people ignore me for some reason ;..(
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 am

Post by crypto »

Drowning in work. Will have to reread.
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

In the process of looking through votes from today. Should be done within the hour if I don't get massively distracted. Don't do anything stupid without me.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Why have you been on my ass so much today if I'm a strong town read SD? Also, what do you mean by erratic?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, good to see you AGM. Anything else to comment on other than your willingness to hammer and save your ass for another day? Cause I very much object to that.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Here is something I'd like you to answer AGM, why is SD scum? You haven't said really much of anything about him all game, and especially not any kind of scum read lately.
YOUR AD HERE

Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Okay, something realllly fishy is going on here. I read Concission in iso and I read (well, most of...) Shadow Dancer in iso. Concission's was easy to read. It fits on one page. It's a nice little exercise. I still have no idea how people consider Shadow Dancer scummier. There is no way in hell we start the day with a wagon on Concission, have everyone suddenly switch to AGM, and then everyone switch to SD just as suddenly.
It makes no sense

Here's a quick rundown of votes cast today:
Spoiler: Votes
Format: Post #whatever - Player1 unvotes Player 2 {new # of votes on player 2} votes Player 3 {new # of votes on Player 3} (comments)
A lot of the early votes might have no comments, since they all seem to just be carried over from yesterday.
Post #809 - Simenon votes Concission {1}
Post #812 - Crypto votes Concission {2}
Post #815 - LL votes Jarti {1}
Post #818 - GLaDOS votes RC {1}
Post #819 - Fate votes RC {2}
Post #824 - Fate unvotes RC {1} votes LL {1} (seemingly for being wrong about GLaDOS)
Post #825 - RC votes Fate {1} (because...umm...he thinks Fate picked up on Ythill being tracker? Looking at it again, his "There are a couple of other people I think may have picked up on it as well, but I think they're much more townie sounding than Fate has been." actually sounds a bit odd, but I'm not so interested in RC right now.)
Post #829 - VP votes Concission {3}
Post #831 - Concission votes VP {1}
Post #843 - VV votes Concission {4}
Post #844 - Crypto unvotes Concission {3} votes VP {2} (later explains this as trying to get a reaction)
Post #846 - Simenon unvotes Concission {2} votes LL {1} (reason: "LL's case against GLADOS and Jarti looks particularly ridiculous now, and his posts have been so blatant in their scummy rhetoric that I simply can't believe he's town.")
Post #848 - Jarti votes VP {3}
-Simenon is killed-
Post #857 - Fate unvotes LL {0} votes RC {2} (for bad vote on himself; +lolpoints for supplying valid reasons for voting himself)

Okay, I'm actually kind of falling asleep right now. I haven't gotten to anything useful yet as far as votes are concerned....maybe after a nap? If you haven't actually read what's in the spoiler yet, you really don't have to. It turns out I probably could have started around where I left off and not missed anything.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by zoraster »

What are you trying to say when you say it "makes no sense"? Do you think scum is driving things? Do you think town is being lazy? what?

Oh, and I'm back from V/LA and reasonably well caught up. Waiting on SD.
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Leaning the former. Hoping sorting through votes will reveal something (I'm working on it!)

Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 pm

EBWOP: Well, I should word that better. I would be surprised if scum were "driving things," per se. I do expect to see scum somewhere along the lines jumping at the opportunity to help sway wagons in a different direction a bit. I actually think the SD wagon might be primarily town-driven, just thinking about how it formed, but that just makes the formation of the AGM wagon even more questionable, if half the players on it didn't really care so much about it.

Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Jarti »

Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Okay, something realllly fishy is going on here. I read Concission in iso and I read (well, most of...) Shadow Dancer in iso. Concission's was easy to read. It fits on one page. It's a nice little exercise. I still have no idea how people consider Shadow Dancer scummier. There is no way in hell we start the day with a wagon on Concission, have everyone suddenly switch to AGM, and then everyone switch to SD just as suddenly.
It makes no sense
I don't agree with your line of thinking at all that it's somehow 'fishy' or something, wagons happen. Wagons are good. But while I don't agree with your stance on it, your thought process here makes me think you're town.
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Continuing from where I left off:
Spoiler: More Votes
Post #862 - AGM votes LL {1} (Another suspicion carried over from previous day, but with added "He was Ythill and Simeon's primary suspect as well." Not quite sure what to make of the appeal to (dead) authority. Probably null.)
Post #871 - Crypto unvotes VP {2} votes Concission {3} (This is *probably* where the Concission wagon takes off (and I'll probably remove this comment if I see later stuff that says otherwise).)
Post #927 - Jarti unvotes VP {1} votes Concission {4} (I pointed out this post earlier, but I'm going to mention again that it's realllly worth looking at. The first line is just a complete cop-out and if you look a bit closer at the timing, his vote on VP came just 4 votes after Crypto's vote on VP, when VP was quickly becoming a viable lynch choice and his unvote of VP and switch to Concission comes in his first post since Crypto did exactly the same thing. Not sure what this points to about Concission, but I would say that anyone with a town read on Jarti should had better have a pretty damned good reason.)
Post #929 - Fate unvotes RC {1} votes AGM {1} (Fate has been completely in his own world the entire day to the extent that I'm not even sure he realizes half the players exist. I'm only familiar with Fate's play from parts of games I've read (I've never played with him), so I'm not sure if this is usual for him. ++scum points for Fate.)
Post #930 - Concission unvotes VP {0} votes zoraster {1} (zoraster? Huh? Where did that vote come from? This post very much reads as disheartened scum making a last ditch effort to me after the wagon he was on just died and he seems the likely lynch choice.)
Post #933 - zoraster votes AGM {2} (new wagon starting to take off; if there's any sort of scum involvement in moving the wagon from Concission to AGM, I'd expect to see it around here.)
Post #938 - AGM unvotes LL {0} votes zoraster {2}
Post #947 - VP unvotes Concission {3} votes AGM {3} (votes AGM so AGM will answer questions; interesting though that he decides to switch off of a wagon on one player he called scummy to a wagon on another player he called scummy that had fewer votes. It also goes along well with what I said two comments ago about expecting this to be around where scum would start pushing for a new wagon)
Post #948 - SD votes RC {2} (interesting he comments on the dying Concission wagon, but not the forming AGM wagon. Might be interesting to consider with his wagon hop later on)
Post #959 - VV unvotes Concission {2} votes Jarti {2} (ummm...can we just pretend I was high when I made this post and move on? >.>)
Post #968 - Concission unvotes zoraster {1} votes Jarti {3} (Trying to get a vote to stick? I don't know. This would be a hell of a strange time to bus and I feel at the moment like Concission is the more likely of the two to be scum. Jarti's defense of my vote from the previous post did kind of make sense. *note to self to figure out what the hell is going on with post #927*)
Post #982 - Jarti unvotes Concission {1} votes Fate {2} (Can't say I see this vote at all, but I don't know. Interesting that Fate later says Jarti is town for this.)
Post #991 - Fate unvotes AGM {2} votes LL {1} (From this post: "FINE. ILL VOTE WITH AGMSCUM ONTO LL. IF THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET MOMENTUM SO BE IT". Willing to consider the possibility I was wrong on Fate. I need to go back and check why I thought he was so town day 1.)
Post #992 - Fate unvotes LL {0} votes AGM {3} (Realizes there weren't actually any votes on LL)
Post #994 - Crypto unvotes Concission {0} votes AGM {4}

Okay, this is getting kind of tedious, so I'm stopping for now and resuming later. Where I left off is where all votes are off Concission and the wagon on AGM is really getting going (at 4 votes). The big thing this has shown me is that I really should reread Fate. Concission still looks like scum and twice as much so if Fate is scum with her (I probably referred to Concission as a he in the rest of the post, but I'm too lazy to go back and fix that). It would also resolve the Jarti-Concission issue in my head, since Fate-scum very likely means Jarti-town with his recent "NO, JARTI IS STUPID, HE'S OBVOBVOBVOBVOBVTOWN" defense.

Return to “Completed Open Games”