Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Fate »

His craptastic argument agaisnt me is "rollawlcoaster of activity since antihero replaced out" theFUCKK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Does he call CRYPTO out for wavering motivations?

He's poising himself to mislynch two townies with shit arguments. The scum motive is clear, and there's no TOWN intent to figure out the game in his posts (such as realizing there's no way our buddying is scum+scum; and saying he'd adjust his read after one of our flips)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I see it brosef. That's why I asked him about it. I'm just trying to figure out why he would buss SD if he's scum. Now...if SD is town I can 100% say RC-AGM are scum. Damn these delayed flips.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Fate »

Why would scum bus?

If sd is scum Agm is not ALSO SCUM.

Which means RC scum would bus to have a manipulatable and dumbtownie AGM SO ENTRENCHED in his pocket, AGm would not even QUESTION his read on "MEANIE FATE AND VP WHO TRIED TO LYNCH ME DAY TWO FR SHIT PLAY ARE SCUMMMMMMMMMTEAMMMM"

Notice how he goes after YOU today not me. He's keeping AGM around* to misvote me at endgame, so he can't push me yet.

(*iif sd is scum and agm is town, not entirely sold bc id like to have SOME respect for agms reads as town.)
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Plausible I suppose. I do think RC's cases are pretty ridiculously contrived...but I don't have much experience with him as a player so I don't know how he acts normally. It could be what you're saying. I am definitely having a hard time believing he thinks there is undoubtedly scum between us. idk.
YOUR AD HERE

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 am

Post by crypto »

It looks to me like LL's using more propaganda-like rhetoric (which is what's been giving me such pains about him) in this game than he did in the linked game.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:58 am

Post by crypto »

Vote: RedCoyote.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 am

Post by crypto »

WTF is VV doing?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:26 am

Post by zoraster »

all right, so sorry about my absence guys. I got engaged over the weekend and that's been a distraction and a time sink. Reading the thread now so I don't sound totally idiotic when I make my post today.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Concission and Vigilante Ventriloquist have been prodded.

Congratulations to zoraster for getting engaged!

Vote Count #49

VP Baltar: Jarti, RedCoyote (L-4)
RedCoyote: Fate, cypto (L-4)
Fate: AlmasterGM,
RedCoyote

Vigilante Ventriloquist: VP Baltar
Jarti: LuckayLuck

Not voting:
zoraster, Shadow Dancer,
crypto
, Vigilante Ventriloquist, Concission,
Fate

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

Deadline is on March 28th, 2011, at 5:00 PM central time.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, VP Baltar will be placed on guillotine.

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Congrats zoraster!

Unvote, Vote: RedCoyote
call it insurance incase AGM really is your buddy.
YOUR AD HERE

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I've finally gotten around to writing flavor. If you're interested:

Here is the Vigilante kill flavor.
Here is the end of Night Two flavor.
Here is the start of Day Three flavor.

Remember, ignoring the flavor has absolutely no negative repercussions.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Fate »

So why did you write it then?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Fate »

It's time to sign the pact. There's no more claims to be outed, no more flips that will happen, no more relevant information to be had in this thread.

Ergo there is no reason to move our votes from RC. He should've been lynched way back on D1 over Simenon, but so it goes.

No more wavering. No more dancing off onto tangents.

Red hangs today.

Signed,
Fate
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OK, catching up now.
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

/prod received

I have a fair amount of school work to catch up on at the moment, so nothing useful from me until tomorrow.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Fate »

Surprise surfuckingprise.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Is it so much to ask, VPB, for you to simply fall to your knees and marvel at how perceptive I am? Let's see what you got here.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

VPB 1448 wrote:I kind of want to, but with SD's continued thread dodging I'm starting to think he was scum.
In other words, "once SD flips scum, we're going to need to act like we were actually debating this the whole time as opposed to running with the idea that SD was obvious town like we had been doing this entire day".
VPB 1448 wrote:I find his entire case of how I am scum masterminding this game entirely laughable and horribly forced in pretty much every point he's making, so....
Because you expect that the scum are lurking their way through?

I guess that's why you're voting me then. :roll:
VPB 1448 wrote:Why is it that "either fate or
need to go"? False dilemma much?
What false dilemma? I think you're both scum. I'll take either of you. I thought I made that pretty clear.
VPB 1448 wrote:What happens if one of us flips town? You think the other needs to go then?
What if it rains bananas? You deal with it.

I don't happen to think that. I've been over and over the game, and I've made my conclusions. I'm sorry you don't agree with them, but I don't expect you to. I'm really sorry you've got some sort of blind devotion to Fate, because I think it's completely fabricated, and I'm willing to put my head out there (which is pretty much par for this game) to make my case.

God knows if I didn't start kicking this game into gear we'd be suffering through the same, "lol letz get that lurker zora...", "LL rubs me the wrong way", or "RC is being too cheeky... he's got to go" crap all game.
VPB 1448 wrote:Fate and I are both obvious fucking town for the realz.
And I'm obvious fucking town for the realz. Your point?
VPB 1448 wrote:I find it quite silly you don't have a town read on at least one of us, if not both.
Why would I? Both of you have been playing this game like SD has already flipped. Fate especially. Hopefully the town has enough balls to take your fake "everyone who doesn't have a townread on me and Fate is scum" implication for the BS that it is.

---
Fate 1449 wrote:If SD is scum* you think RC is town.

I think he'd bus. I mean I can understand him being wary of you buddying me..but calling it scumONScum and wanting us mkslynched back to BACK?
Fate 1315 wrote:WHAT WORLD IN FUCKING HELL IS RC IN? In some fantasy land where SCUMFATE switches from AGM to BUS SD?
I love these little contradictions. So overly eager to get me lynched that he has to doubletalk his way there.

When I imply that Fate bussed his buddy SD, Fate goes insane over how I'm in some "fantasy land" and no scum would ever bus SD over an AGM vote. But, oh, now that VPB and Fate are starting to slowly and purposefully warm up to the idea that SD "might" flip scum, all of a sudden I'm scum for lynching him. Wonderful.
Fate 1450 wrote:His craptastic argument agaisnt me is "rollawlcoaster of activity since antihero replaced out" theFUCKK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
You changed strategies mid-game. You were kind of forced to. If I hadn't have voted you, if Glados hadn't have shown support for that vote, if AGM and VV hadn't have shown support for that vote, you'd still be twiddling your thumbs jumping on the easiest townlynch possible.

I'm pointing the town to your up and down activity as evidence of that fact.
Fate 1450 wrote:Does he call CRYPTO out for wavering motivations?
I've given you both (you and VPB) opportunities to prove to me that you are town. You insist on fighting me the entire way. So much so that I don't really think either of you are. If I'm wrong, then, of course, crypto is still very much a potential scum, just like the others.
Fate 1450 wrote:such as realizing there's no way our buddying is scum+scum
Love this.

"We're too buddy-buddy to be buddies"

Maybe I'll just buddy up to everyone who isn't named VPB and Fate, that way I can't be scum with anyone, right? Get out of here with that nonsense. There has been a progression. I can point to multiple posts from VPB where he's half-assed holding you at arm's length as some sort of lame distancing attempt just as easily as I can notice your forced little love affair antics right now.

---
zora 1457 wrote:all right, so sorry about my absence guys. I got engaged over the weekend and that's been a distraction and a time sink. Reading the thread now so I don't sound totally idiotic when I make my post today.
Congrats, zora.

I feel pretty good about my position. Fate is squirming (as usual for the second half of this game), and VPB is putting on his "Hmmm, RC might be town, but I'll vote him anyways" schtick to save face for when I flip town.
Concission
Concission
Goon
Concission
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Concission »

I think I need SD's flip in order to assess RC and AGM's alignment. If SD is scum there's a good chance both of them are town so I'm not gonna lynch RC today. I'm much cooler with
Vote:VPBaltar
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

wait wait wait...I was giving you the benefit of the doubt earlier RC. While I thought it was bad logic, at least if you thought one of Fate and I were town there would have been some town motivation to your actions (however stupid those were). The fact that you're calling us both scum really makes laugh at how bad of a scum game you're playing here though. you wouldn't catch me buddying someone that hard and you most certainly wouldn't see Fate doing it. His scum game isn't subtle...he busses the crap out of his buddies pretty much every time he's scum. Very happy with my vote and I won't be moving it.
YOUR AD HERE

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by zoraster »

All right. I have reread. I have come to a startling conclusion: I was wrong on RedCoyote. He's town.

Why has attention turned away from AGM is the question of the day. I find particularly troubling the idea that I somehow "owned" Fate and VPB. How exactly? His analysis rings not-true. For example, his last post he puts: "Either they're [VPB and Fate] both scum (likely) or neither is. If one is scum, then the other one is getting hoodwinked HARD by the other." People are fooled all the time. I actually find it less likely they're in league together, but whatever. That's not my point.

My point is that AGM has continually posted in a way I think seems insincere. First, he seems mostly to want to pick fights, but not really make any analysis. Now that attention has shifted away from AGM, he's been content to limit his content (har har har). Yes, he was V/LA for five days, and I realize that's rich of me to say given the past week or so, but it stands. I think he's uninterested in what's actually going on in the game, and merely wants to say something that sounds informed.

Just to end that analysis, chew on the following:
AGM wrote:80% of the case revolves around RC being my buddy. Since I'm town, none of that makes any sense whatsoever.
Does anyone object to an AGM lynch? I understand that there are some Concission and VPB lynch lovers out there. I think VPB may make a good late game lynch, but despite Fate's bluster I think he has a point: now is the time to get rid of people that are providing less.

VOTE: AGM

for what it's worth, my scum to town list goes like so:

Scum
---
AGM
VV
VPB
Concission
LuckayLuck
Jarti
Fate
RedCoyote
crypto
---
Town

If you think it should be one of VV, Concission, LuckayLuck, or Jarti instead of AGM, please post why and then why that person instead of the other people I just listed. If you can't answer that last part (e.g. why Concission instead of VV or AGM, etc) then you haven't done enough work to convince me.

Yes, I did exclude VPB from that list. Even though I find him scummy, today is not the good day to lynch him.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Fate »

I made a pact. Why are you calling RC town?

NO DAMN IT NO?

If SD flips scum youd think AGM is cleared yes/no?

RC IS THEMIDDLE GROUND OF LYNCHING SCUM.

(but no I don't object >.>b)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Fate »

Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:/prod received

I have a fair amount of school work to catch up on at the moment, so nothing useful from me until tomorrow.
Fate wrote:Surprise surfuckingprise.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

ITT people don't understand how to use the mechanic. There are very clearly divided groups of people. For example, there is the supposed Me-RC group. There's the Fate-VPB group. Then there's the lurker/general not-here group (Concession, LuckayLuck, etc). Knowing the alignment of SD will unlock the direction in which we proceed.

It doesn't make sense to lynch two people from the same group.
By lynching me or RC, you're saying, "fuck it, I don't care what SD flips, I'm rolling with the AGM-RC scumteam." That is stupid and unstrategic. If SD flips town (protip: he's not), then yeah, you can come over and hunt me till the end of time. But there's NO REASON to do it today. We should be lynching from one of the OTHER GROUPS (aka Fate/VPB or LuckayLuck and the rest of the lurker cos). Sure, we're investing in risk now, but the long-term payoff is much higher. If SD flips town and I'm already on the guillotine, you've just wasted 2 town lynches and you have no idea where the rest of the scum are.

That's how hito designed this setup to work, and that's how it's supposed to work. It's not just LOL DELAYED FLIPS for shits and giggles.

THAT SAID, people on VPB need to move over to Fate. They are absolutely either town/town or scum/scum. At that point, you want to lynch Fate because in the event of town/town, we want VPB alive over Fate. I would also lynch LuckayLuck, because he is the definition of lurkerscum, but this Fate wagon NEEEEDS to happen before he slinks off and dies. Don't let Glados's read die for nothing.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Fate »

They are absolutely either town/town or scum/scum.
NO SANE HUMAN CAN WRITE THIS SHIT.

Return to “Completed Open Games”