havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:41 am

Post by havingfitz »

farside22 wrote:I've shown why I believe everything I stated. You called my case non existent and misrep, but I explained my reasoning and your still calling me scum, which doesn't make sense to me.
It was non existent and a misrep. You admit yourself that my vote on }|{opa was not hypocritical.
farside22 wrote:I realize looking at this again it was not hypocritical.
Yet when you initially placed you vote on me...the basis for my }|{opa vote being opportunistic was that it was hypocritical. See below:
farside22 wrote:Saying a person has suspicion over one person then voting another and doing the same is hypocritical, which I learned isn't scummy, but opportunistic vote hopping on a BW.
That is scummy.
Now you acknowledge that my vote wasn't hypocritical (after much frustrating reiteration of my disagreement on that point) and yet you maintain your vote on me...despite the foundation of your opportunistic claim being removed. So now you are voting me for an opportunistic vote and my }|{opa vote reasoning being weak. Amazing I haven't been lynched yet with rationale like that against me. :roll:

And the activitiy level is agonizingly slow. It appears the options at the moment are for 2 or 3 active posters to continue to eat each other alive or to throw darts at the lurkers and hope scum is hit. Problem with that though is scum isn't going to throw a dart at a scum buddy so that would probably just result in a mislynch. I predict a looooooong D1. :(

I hope Sundy's v/LA went well. :neutral:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:49 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I definitely haven't been as active here as I should. Been hit by a massive wave of apathy the past several days. Will post something useful by tonight. If I don't, it likely means I will be useless the rest of the game and you should lynch me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:06 am

Post by farside22 »

It was non existent and a misrep. You admit yourself that my vote on }|{opa was not hypocritical.
Seriously????!!! How the fuck do you still say this?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

farside22 wrote:
Seriously????!!! How the fuck do you still say this?
Say what? Why the fuck are you still dragging this out? You've admitted you were in error thinking my }|{opa vote was hypocritical.

In summary:
farside....your vote is hypocritical and therefore opportunistic.
havingfitz...my vote is not hypocritical nor is it opportunistic...here is why.
farside...yes it is hypocritical and therefore opportunistic....oh....and weak too.
havingfitz...no it's not...I've said why...here it is again...Oh, and weak is subjective.
farside...Yes it is.
havingfitz...no it isn't
farside...Wait...maybe your vote wasn't hypocritical...I was wrong.
havingfitz...Yes you were wrong. And since your opportunistic point was based on your hypocrisy point...neither remain.
farside...huh? d'what? :?

Feel free to keep your vote where it is for the reasons you no longer support. But please drop the debate. Nothing was wrong with my }|{opa vote or suspicions....unlike your continued push on me for reasons you yourself no longer believe in.

Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Jora »

I feel bad for being a subject causing this brawl.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Sundy »

I'm back from V/LA. Re-read forthcoming!!
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.09
(unchanged)

startransmission - 2 - DeathRowKitty, }|{opa
havingfitz - 1 - farside22
farside22 - 1 - havingfitz
Sundy - 1 - startransmission

Not Voting: Sundy, bv310, yabbaguy, ToastyToast, cjdrum

With ten alive, it takes six to lynch.

Deadline: April 15.

V/LA: cjdrum, April 13-18
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:23 am

Post by havingfitz »

}|{opa wrote:I feel bad for being a subject causing this brawl.
As you should. I may never forgive you. :)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Someone please smack havingfitz in the head a few times.
I don't believe he either cares to understand my point or has reached a point of such stubbornness or is scum that is pretending stupidity that my brain officially has checked out.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

I still think this farside-havingfitz argument is town on town. It seriously has turned into "yes it is, no it isn't."
More in a few! For reals this time!
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

startransmission wrote:Always fun drudging through setup guessing. :mad:
Opa... the self vote, the invisible text. The vote on me. Yep, pretty sure he's town.
what about these three things gives you a town-read?
start wrote:
I agree, that wagon is the most interesting thing in the game so far. Farside attacking yabbas vote on havingfitz is interesting as well. I don't find that an empty vote at all, but a justified one. Oh well, farside comes around to the havingfitz wagon eventually.
Could you clarify your stance on this? it seems like you are taking far's side (teehee punny) w/o explaining what about it is "interesting"
DeathRowKitty wrote:Gosh, I could be scum lurking right now and no one would even notice me! (prod-dodge and promise to maybe theoretically post tonight possibly)
Hmmm, this could be a joke...or it could be ZOMG SCUM SLIP KILL IT

DRK, you say you are happy with your startransmission vote. How strong is your scum read on him?
@bv310: still waiting for you to say something

I was hoping my startrasmission ISO would help get me into this game, but I'm still at a loss as to who we suspect. I find little scum motivation behind the active players, so think questioning the lurkers should be done to a larger extent (yeah, this includes me).
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Sundy »

OK so some things I am observing on a read through of the thread:

The BV/Animorph slot has EXCEEDINGLY few posts and virtually no interactions. Happily, BV, this is something you can remedy right away, it looks like, since all you have to do is "format" (???) your thoughts…
Vote BV
, please share your thoughts ahora mismo, I can do with some bad punctuation.

Not liking CJdrum's interaction with Toasty. First off his initial FOS post is on the wrong player at first. When he switches to toast, posts 8-12 is basically how mad he is that Toasty's voting him, with very little to say on how Toasty might be bad on his own merits. His vote post is basically calling Toast hypocritical for voting a lurker. Toast reiterates his case on CJ in the next post, and CJ abruptly switches to farside (because "she's got it all under control)" with no more mention of Toast.
@CJ: do you think Toast is suspicious or not, and -- if not -- what changed your mind?

@Startransmission… what's your view of Fitz? I notice this is basically your only hint of suspicion in the game, but it's a little vague. Please expand. ON fitz and in general.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Sundy »

actually
unvote
, just read the mod in ISO and realized we're looking at a replacement and that vote won't go anywhere til the replacement catches up with the game

So answers from CJ & Start please?
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by cjdrum »

Sundy wrote:@CJ: do you think Toast is suspicious or not, and -- if not -- what changed your mind?
No, not any more.

I think that was just a phase of scummy seemingness, and it wasn't really scummy at all - just me overreacting. I then found farside scummy (because that was my gut feeling - which is surprisingly often right)... But then it was pointed out to me that that was not very well thought through, too.

So now I'm just trying to see if anybody else is looking scummy in any way - but I can't see; the whole thread seems to be farside and havingfitz arguing over... What exactly? I doubt that they're both Town, and I severely doubt that they're both scum... But I can't put one over the other. :x
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by Sundy »

@CJ did you have a non-OMGUS reason for voting Toast?

You gave a color-coded post listing the reasons that Farside was scum (lol that is actually awesome color-coding), and after one tiny little recommendation from Jora you're convinced to unvote and you say they "kind of balance each other out." How do Fitz' posts balance out your previous accusations of farside?
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by cjdrum »

Did I have a non-OMGUS vote... I didn't see it as OMGUS, at the time, but if I'm honest with myself it probably was.

And about the little nudge from Jora: I hadn't fully read through the argument - only the last few posts, in which farside looked far scummier... But when Jora mentioned his equal reads, I felt obliged to read more thoroughly, at which point I saw that neither really was scummier than the other - rather, they had their phases, as if they were just orbiting around on opposite sides of scummy.
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:07 am

Post by havingfitz »

This game is draaaaaaaaaagging. It's hard to get worked up towards anyone when most players aren't saying anything. Let's see who is contributing IMO:

- }|{opa...44 posts...nothing worthwhile since he voted last Thursday.
- DRK...26 posts. Has had some stretches of inactivity but when he does post it is usually something worth reading. i.e. he's making an effort when he does post.
- yabbaguy...14 posts. A few decent content posts but a lot of posts filled with questions or fluff as well. Semi-lurker.
- Toast...32 posts. The bulk of his posts contain one or two lines without content. Seems to be posting a bit better recently.
- cjdrum...20 posts. First half of posting of little value...very short fluff posts. Seems to be picking things up as game goes along.
- Sundy...16 posts + a v/LA. Good posts. Actively hunting IMO.
- Star...6 posts. Two posts that resemble any attempt at effort and admits to possibly not contributing much today....but promises more later. :roll:
- animorph/bv...9 total posts. animorph had 7 one liners that didn't say a lot and bv has 2 posts in 6 days and has besically just expressed remorse/doubt at joining the game. Totally worthless slot so far. :mad:
- farside...38 posts, the bulk of which are spent tunnelling up the wrong tree. :igmeou:
- HF(me)...38 posts. The bulk of which spent dealing with farside.

With the activity level I have my doubts about getting a good enough read on anyone to avoid a mislynch but I don't think it's out of the question. I still have all my suspicions of farside which unlike her...I stand by....but if I had to move it I would want to move it to ani/bv or Star or perhaps yabbaguy. Mostly based on what they have not done (make an effort at participating) rather than what they have done.

Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Sundy »

cjdrum wrote:Did I have a non-OMGUS vote... I didn't see it as OMGUS, at the time, but if I'm honest with myself it probably was.

And about the little nudge from Jora: I hadn't fully read through the argument - only the last few posts, in which farside looked far scummier... But when Jora mentioned his equal reads, I felt obliged to read more thoroughly, at which point I saw that neither really was scummier than the other - rather, they had their phases, as if they were just orbiting around on opposite sides of scummy.
IMO your response to their argument is disturbingly vague. Most of the fight revolved around the bandwagon on Jora, but you've given absolutely no indication of what you thought of the case on Jora, and your only point was about Farside's demeanor, and then you retracted it to say fitz/farside balance each other out in terms of scumminess (or non-scumminess??). Can you give more specifics as to what your read of the fight is?

@Farside, why did you get a town-read from CJ in the Toast/CJ fight?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I am considering invoking Rule #17. I'll let you know either way by the evening of Friday, April 8.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Jora »

So, may be we should just lynch the animorph/bv slot as a compromise, and voilà! day is over, scum lynched. I saw star at least maked some attempts, but animorph/bv slot is a totally abusive null.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 am

Post by yabbaguy »

}|{opa wrote:So, may be we should just lynch the animorph/bv slot as a compromise, and voilà! day is over, scum lynched. I saw star at least maked some attempts, but animorph/bv slot is a totally abusive null.
Scummy post. Are you seriously offering this as our lynch? What would that gain? How does that compromise? Why is a *null* slot scum?

@havingfitz: I don't get how you're offering that scum list based on activity, and still somehow suggesting that farside is scum by sticking the vote. You're even saying she's *tunneling.*

Which is it?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 am

Post by havingfitz »

@yabba...what do you mean "which is it"? My vote on farside has nothing to do with the fact I would be willing to move my vote if necessary to one of the less frequent posters. And my issue with then isn't their post count...it's the fact they aren't saying anything when they DO post.

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Fair.

But "tunneling" is a Townsperson's condition, that's a genuine shortcoming where they are compulsively and inaccurately finding you to be scummy from progressively stupider and stupider things. If it's scum, it's called "deliberately contriving", or something like that. You can't have it both ways.

So which is it?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Farside, why did you get a town-read from CJ in the Toast/CJ fight?
TT has been a good town read since the start. First I thought of CJ and his post was the avatar really fit the comments (insert dumb blond joke here). I don't see scum normally attack another player in the way cj did to TT. He stood up for himself.
Plus his latest post on me and why he read me as scummy was really well thought out. It's not completely out of the relms to believe scum to be calm, controlled or checking things like he believed I was. This all are good indications of someone town.

OMFG Seriously fitz your going to make me hate playing with you if this is your town game. Your either completely off your fucking rocker to believe I have no case or no belief that you are scum with your constant deflections with no reasoning it floors me no one else is seeing it.
All that said your either scum or I'm losing it. When no one seems to agree either way I'm going with losing it and adding you to the people that suck as town list.

Mod: Can you please just give me one shot? That's all I ask..... :(

*mutters unpleasant comments*

In other news Yabba is still giving me scum vibes. He's said very little this game and is sitting back when everything else goes one. He has yet to expand more on fitz (his first suspect) or expand further. I usually see scum sit back and God help me if fitz is town and I know I'm town active lurking is easy for the scum this game.

unvote:
vote: Yabba
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Jora »

@ yabbaguy
1)*null* slot helps scum, right?
2)Equally it can be scum, right?
3)?????
4)PROFIT!
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭

Return to “Completed Open Games”