Goon
, lynched D4

Those that never existed (automatically lost the game):

GreyICE, Casual Bystander
modkilled for unsporting behavior

V/LA:
//

Events:

Day 1 Lynchcounts: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14
Day 1 Nominations
Day 1 Closing Statements: Kcdaspot; Zinger2099
Day 1 Lynch
Day 2 Lynchcounts: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6
Day 2 Nominations
Day 2 Closing Statements: Amrun, smargaret
Day 2 Lynch
History get's rewritten.
Day 3 Lynchcounts: 3.1
Day 3 Nominations
Day 3 Closing Statements: C-Worl, smargaret
Day 3 Lynch
Last edited by Tasky on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Tasky »

---->
Basic Rules
:

0.1 General Stuff

0.1.1 This is a game. Have fun.
0.1.2 You are guaranteed that there is one and only one Mafia-faction and no third party in this game.
0.1.3 I am notoriously bad at writing flavor. So I won't write a lot of it and if I do, it will have no in-game meaning.
0.1.4 Rule violations will be dealt case by case. I am not afraid to modkill, should it be necessary.
0.1.5 If you think I made a mistake contact me.
0.1.6 Usually I will post in
bolded orange
0.1.7 My decision is final on whatever is going on in this game.
0.1.8 What your role PM says has priority over every one of the following rules.

0.2 Do and Don't

0.2.1 Do not, ever, try to outguess me. You will fail.
0.2.2 The only place you are allowed to talk about this game is in this thread or in a PM addressed at me and only at me.
0.2.3 You may not edit or delete any posts of this thread.
0.2.4 Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication with me. This includes your role PM.
0.2.5 Do not use invisible or encrypted text.
0.2.6 Play to win. Don't do anything obviously detrimental to your faction on purpose.

0.3 Prods and Replacements

0.3.1 If you do not post in thread for more than 48 hours without announcing a V/LA, you will be prodded. Make sure this happens as few times as possible.
0.3.2 Because of the history-rewriting (see 2.3.1) it is extremely difficult for a replacement to join the game. So please DO NOT FLAKE and please do everything you can to not (have to) replace out.

0.5 Deadlines

0.5.1 Each game day has a maximal length of 3+n days where n is the number of living players. Deadline will be set accordingly.
0.5.2 Deadline delays may be granted in extraordinary situations.
0.5.3 Night deadline is always 72 hours after I post the lynch scene.
0.5.4 Actions I haven't got until deadline will either not happen or be randomized (whichever I think is more damaging to your faction). If you don't want to perform any action, I want that stated explicitly.
Last edited by Tasky on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Tasky »

---->
Special Rules
:

1. Lynch Mechanics:

1.1 The discussion phase:

1.1.1 Each player has one vote which can either be on "Lynch" or "No Lynch". Default value at the start of each day is "No Lynch"
1.1.2 You can move your vote to either option at anytime during the game by writing
Lynch
(or
No Lynch
).
1.1.3 As soon as 2/3 of the players (rounded down) are voting for "Lynch", or as soon as deadline hits, game enters
1.2 The nomination phase:

1.2.1 Everyone (including dead players) has to send me a PM with an ordered list of who they want to lynch (the list has to include every player, including dead ones). The list may include the option "No Lynch".
1.2.2 Deadline for nomination phase is 48 hours. Lists I haven't received when deadline hits will be randomized. If you know you will not be online at nomination, I suggest you send a list ahead of time (you can still change it).
1.2.3 From each list I will take into consideration the first two players who are still alive and count those as the players vote.
1.3 The lynch phase:

1.3.1 As soon as I get all the nomination PM's I reveal all the votes (recall that only the first two living names on a list are votes) made by currently living players. The rests of the list remains secret.
1.3.2 The top two candidates are put on the block and have the right to make one and only one last post. Everyone else may post as normal.
1.3.3 As soon as both lynchees have made their ending statement, everyone (dead players too) has again to send me an ordered list of who they want to lynch (again, dead players have to be included in the list).
1.3.4 Again, there is a deadline of 48 hours and lists I haven't received until deadline will be randomized.
1.3.5 Each player will vote for the lynchee who is higher on their list, I will reveal all votes and post the lynch scene after which game proceeds to night.

2. Time Travel:

2.1 The Time Machine:

2.1.1 The only way to travel through time is by using a Time Machine.
2.1.2 Each Time Machine has a range, which tells you how far into the past or into the future it can take you. Range 1 means, that from night/day n you can reach nights/days n-1 and n+1; unlimited range means you can reach every night/day.
2.1.3 You can move only by an integer number of days. In particular this means that you can't travel from day to night or vice-versa.
2.1.4 There does not exist a Night before Night 1, and the Day/Night cycles are capped at 10 (should Night 10 end without a winner, the game results in a draw). This means you can only travel in the interval [D1; N10].
2.1.5 If a player travels to a different time, they are not affected by actions happening in the original time; they will however be affected by all actions happening in the new time. (Note: some actions might have priority over time-shifts).
2.2 Interactions with death:

2.2.1 If an action targets a player who isn't alive at the targeted time, it will fail.
2.2.2 Dead players have to submit actions as if they were alive; those actions will be used if a new timeline arises where that player lives again.
2.2.3 You may submit actions on dead players but they won't have any effect unless a new timeline arises where the target is alive.
2.2.4 When submitting factional abilities a Mafioso can select one (and only one) backup that will perform the action in case he is dead (in a new timeline).
2.3 The Course of History:

2.3.1 Each time an event changes the course of history, I will go back and revisit everything (votes and lynches, special and factional abilities; and whatever else might happen).
2.3.2 Should any action cause a temporal paradox it will not happen. The performer of the action will not be told that the action failed or why it failed.
2.3.3 The game-thread will always show the current time-line. I suggest you keep copies of every timeline if you fear to forget it.
Last edited by Tasky on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Tasky »

reserved
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Tasky »

Roles have been randomized, assigned and Role PMs have been sent in random order.

Game will start officially as soon as everybody has posted in thread at least once. Pre-game votes may be cast and will count as soon as game starts.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Tasky »

I ask everyone to READ (not skim) the rules carefully. You can't play this kind of game without knowing the mechanics.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Tasky »

Exe wrote:@
Mod:
In the rules it says that the first nominations are revealed...will we know who everyone nominated? Or just the top candidates?
Just the top two (living) candidates on the voting list will be revealed.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Tasky »

smargaret wrote:
mod: Is this a no-flip game, do you reveal alignment only, or alignment+role when a player is lynched/killed at night?
[Redacted]
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Tasky »

YEAH! Everybody's present.
This means that the game starts, NOW! I wish you all good luck and a lot of fun.

Deadline for Day 1 is in 3+13=16 days, that is 30.04.2011 at 19:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.1

LYNCH (0/8): //
NO LYNCH (13): MrTrow, Chronopie, Mist7676, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, GhostWriter, RangeroftheNorth, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe

Deadline is 30.04.2011, 19:00 CET.

__
RedCoyote wrote:1.) In regards to 1.1.3, what happens if we choose no lynch or do not successfully reach a 2/3 vote during the discussion phase?
2.) In regards to 1.2.3, what if there is a tie in the number of votes during the nomination phase for either the first or second place finishers?
3.) In regards to 1.3.3, what happens if a player who wasn't in the top two during the nomination phase gets more list votes during the lynch phase?
4.) In regards to 2.1.5, can you just dumb that whole rule down for me? Or perhaps elaborate it some? Like, when you say "new time", you mean the time that the traveling player traveled to? When you say the player is not affected by actions that happen to him in the original time, does this include lynches?
5.) In regards to 2.3.2, could you define temporal paradox for us and/or give us an example of this, please?
1. As soon as deadline of a day hits, the game enters nomination phase.

2. If there is a tie for second place, the one who came first chooses from them. if this is not possible or in any other case, I choose randomly

3. Only players on the block (i.e. the two with more votes after nomination) can be lynched. All other players will be skipped on the list.

4. An example (hopefully making it clear): X travels from night 1 to night 2. If Y attempts to kill X in night 1 he will fail. If Y targets X to kill in night 2, X will die in night 1 too (you can imagine the X of night 1 dying in the future an therefore not waking up for D2).
This does not include lynches (the whole lynch process).

5. Everything that is logically impossible. Example: N2 a doc prevents X from dying. N3 X goes back to N1 and kills the doc. (this is obviously not possible, because if X dies in N2 he can't go back to kill the doc and therefore is protected, and therefore kills the doc and therefore dies N2, etc.)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by Tasky »

RedCoyote wrote:
Mod 86 wrote:
1. As soon as deadline of a day hits, the game enters nomination phase.
Sorry to be a stickler about this, Mod, but I'm still confused. Even if we vote not to lynch, we'll still go into the nomination phase as usual? I just don't quite understand. If you can elaborate, what would happen in such a scenario? Would there still be a lynch phase?
yes, going to nomination phase is unavoidable.
you can however, when making the lists for nomination include the option "No Lynch". When No Lynch is on top of the majority of lists, no lynch will happen.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.2

NO LYNCH (13): MrTrow, Chronopie, Mist7676, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, GhostWriter, RangeroftheNorth, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe

__

Votes

RangeroftheNorth (1): Exe

Not Voting (12): MrTrow, Chronopie, Mist7676, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, GhostWriter, RangeroftheNorth, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

NB
: The votes recorded in the "votecount" don't have any impact on the game, I just thought it would make life easier for everyone.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.3

__

(Pseudo-)Votes

GhostWriter (1): Kcdaspot
Doombunny9 (1): RangeroftheNorth

Not Voting (10): MrTrow, Chronopie, Mist7676, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, GhostWriter, Doombunny9, GreyICE

__
Chronopie wrote:My Inet fell over the other day, so I'm actually piggybacking on a neighbour's wifi. So that makes me v/
LA
When will you have full access again?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.4

LYNCH (1/8): GhostWriter
NO LYNCH (12): MrTrow, Chronopie, Mist7676, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, RangeroftheNorth, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe

__

(Pseudo-)Votes

Doombunny9 (1): RangeroftheNorth, MrTrow
Chronopie (1): Kcdaspot

Not Voting (10): Chronopie, Mist7676, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, GhostWriter, Doombunny9, GreyICE
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Tasky »

Kcdaspot wrote:
Hypothetically: could we go into any phase in the past or future and do our action?

say like if a vig for someone by a specific post "I go to D3 and shoot x before the 2nd votecount."
I quote the rules:

"2.1.3 You can move only by an integer number of days. In particular this means that you can't travel from day to night or vice-versa."

Clarification: If you travel through time you may only specify what phase you travel to (only night-to-night or day-to-day).

So in your example a Night-Vig could only travel to another night to kill.
A day-vig could travel to another day to kill but wouldn't be allowed to specify which "post" to travel to.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.5

LYNCH (2/8): GhostWriter, Mist7676
NO LYNCH (11): MrTrow, Chronopie, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, RangeroftheNorth, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe

__

(Pseudo-)Votes

Doombunny9 (2): RangeroftheNorth, MrTrow
Chronopie (1): Kcdaspot
Amrun (1): RedCoyote
Kcdaspot (1): Amrun

Not Voting (7): Chronopie, Mist7676, smargaret, Tragedy, GhostWriter, Doombunny9, GreyICE
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Tasky »

Mist7676 wrote:
I'm sorry mod and players. I don't have much time to be playing to many games right now. I'm going to have to replace out of this one.
Ok.

Kcdaspot wrote:
Mod, have you prodded chrono?
Chrono is on V/LA until tomorrow (22.04).
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Tasky »

imaginality replaces Mist7676, effective immediately. Thank you imaginality.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.6

LYNCH (2/8): GhostWriter, imaginality
NO LYNCH (11): MrTrow, Chronopie, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, RangeroftheNorth, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe

__

(Pseudo-)Votes

Not Voting (8): Chronopie, imaginality, smargaret, Tragedy, GhostWriter, Doombunny9, GreyICE, Kcdaspot
Last edited by Tasky on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.7 (unchanged)

__

(Pseudo-)Votes

Not Voting (8): Chronopie, imaginality, smargaret, Tragedy, GhostWriter, Doombunny9, GreyICE, Kcdaspot
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by Tasky »

Due to eastern holiday I'm going to be a bit lenient about activity this week end. I expect everyone to start posting regularly Monday evening/Tuesday morning.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.8 (unchanged)

__

(Pseudo-)Votes

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:10 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.9

LYNCH (4/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9
NO LYNCH (9): MrTrow, Chronopie, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, RangeroftheNorth, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Deadline for Discussion Phase is 30.04.2011, 19:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.10

LYNCH (6/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9, Amrun, RedCoyote
NO LYNCH (7): MrTrow, Chronopie, smargaret, Tragedy, RangeroftheNorth, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Tasky »

imaginality wrote:
@Mod: Please prod Chronopie and RangeroftheNorth
I already did (twice) and am now replacing both.
You will get a few days deadline extension due to the double replacement.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Tasky »

Zinger2099
replaces
RangeroftheNorth
, effective immediately. Thank you
Zinger2099
Still looking for a Chronopie replacement.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Tasky »

Maxous
replaces
Chronopie
, effective immediately. Thank you
Maxous
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.11 (unchanged)

NO LYNCH (7): MrTrow, Chronopie, smargaret, Tragedy, Zinger2099, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Last edited by Tasky on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Tasky »

^thx
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Tasky »

Due to the double replacement, I'm extending the deadline by three days.
New deadline is 03.05.2011, 19:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.12 (unchanged)

NO LYNCH (7): MrTrow, Maxous, smargaret, Tragedy, Zinger2099, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Deadline for Discussion Phase is 03.05.2011, 19:00 CET

__
Prodding
MrTrow
Last edited by Tasky on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by Tasky »

^thx.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #32) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.13

LYNCH (7/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9, Amrun, RedCoyote, Maxous
NO LYNCH (6): MrTrow, smargaret, Tragedy, Zinger2099, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Deadline for Discussion Phase is 03.05.2011, 19:00 CET
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #33) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.14

LYNCH (8/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9, Amrun, RedCoyote, Maxous, Zinger2099
NO LYNCH (5): MrTrow, smargaret, Tragedy, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

__

You decide that it's time for someone to hang. The only question is, who will it be?

Get your lists in until 04.05.2011, 22:00 CET. I'd like to remind everyone that every list I haven't received until then will be randomized.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #34) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Tasky »

You take your time to decide, and suddenly everybody is pointing fingers:

Zinger2099 (7): smargaret, Amrun, GreyICE, Doombunny9, imaginality, Zinger2099, Exe
Kcdaspot (5): RedCoyote, Tragedy, Doombunny9, imaginality, Zinger2099
Amrun (4): RedCoyote, Tragedy, GhostWriter, MrTrow
smargaret (3): Amrun, Kcdaspot, Maxous
Maxous (3): smargaret, GreyICE, Exe
RedCoyote (1): Kcdaspot
Exe (1): Maxous
Doombunny9 (1): GhostWriter
GreyICE (1): MrTrow

Zinger2099 and Kcdaspot are now on the block. Each one of you has now ONE AND ONLY ONE post in which they may say what they want.
Approximately 48 hours from this post, I will lock the thread again and you (all) will vote to lynch.
Last edited by Tasky on Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #35) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Tasky »

^thx, fixed.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #36) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Tasky »

imaginality wrote:
@Mod: Are you able to confirm that scum were provided with the Casual Bystander role PM?

[Redacted]
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #37) » Thu May 05, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Tasky »

Exe wrote:
Mod:
what would happen if the second place in votes had been tied between two players?

If there is a tie for second place, the first candidate chooses from them.

RedCoyote wrote:
Mod
, does the deadline start after Zinger posts or did it start after you revealed the votes?

After I revealed the votes. This deadline is not so strict as the others, though. It's more thought as a guideline. Both lynchees should at least have made their closing statement by then.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #38) » Thu May 05, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Tasky »

Zinger just PMed me telling me he is on LA this weak. So I'll extend the Closing Statements phase to saturday/sunday.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (isolation #39) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Tasky »

I was asked by Kcdaspot to bump this thread.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #40) » Sat May 07, 2011 12:00 am

Post by Tasky »

Ok, get your lynch-vote-lists in until 09.05.2011, 13:00 CET. (48 hours from this post)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #41) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Tasky »

Zinger2099 (9): smargaret, Exe, Maxous, Tragedy, Doombunny9, RedCoyote, Amrun, imaginality, MrTrow
Kcdaspot (1): GhostWriter
Not Voting (1): GreyICE
After another voting, it's clear who will have to die.

Zinger2099, ???? has been lynched Day 1!

It is now N1, send me all your actions until 13.05.2011, 06:00 CET.
Last edited by Tasky on Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #42) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Tasky »

Night 1 is over and nobody died.

With 12 alive it takes 8 "LYNCH"-votes to reach Nomination-Phase.
Deadline for D2 Discussion is 28.05.2011, 22:00 CET
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #43) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Tasky »

RedCoyote wrote:First, to get this out of the way:
Mod
, will you inform us if another timeline has been created?

yes, and I will do a recap of everything that happened in the new timeline (e.g.: X died D1, Y and Z died N1, etc.)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #44) » Sat May 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 2.1:

NO LYNCH (12): MrTrow, Maxous, imaginality, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, GhostWriter, Doombunny9, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (isolation #45) » Sun May 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Tasky »

MrTrow wrote:
@mod, i assume by 'first nominee, selects second nominee in case of ties', you select directly from first nominees list(due to time-medling-protection) and there is a way to handle 3+ way ties for first place

Yes, I choose directly from first nominees list. Any other tie that can't be resolved this way (e.g. 3 way tie for first place) will be decided randomly.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #46) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Tasky »

Amrun wrote:
Mod: Does time travelling act like commuting?

Yes, according to rule 2.1.5

Player X chooses to go to Night 5 on Night 2. Scum try to kill player X on Night 2. Kill fails because Player X is in Night 5. Later in the game, Player X travels to Night 2. Does he die?

Assuming X came from N4 (when he traveled to N2 in your example), I will reveal that X died N4, since he traveled to N2, died there and never came back, so he was still alive D4 (day before N4), but isn't alive to see D5
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #47) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Tasky »

C-Worl
replaces
Doombunny9
, effective immediately. Thank you C-Worl.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (isolation #48) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 2.2:

LYNCH (1/8): Tragedy
NO LYNCH (11): MrTrow, Maxous, imaginality, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, GhostWriter, Kcdaspot, GreyICE, Exe, C-Worl

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #49) » Sun May 22, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 2.3:

LYNCH (4/8): Tragedy, GhostWriter, GreyICE, Kcdaspot
NO LYNCH (8): MrTrow, Maxous, imaginality, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Exe, C-Worl

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (isolation #50) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 2.4:

LYNCH (5/8): Tragedy, GhostWriter, GreyICE, Kcdaspot, RedCoyote
NO LYNCH (7): MrTrow, Maxous, imaginality, smargaret, Amrun, Exe, C-Worl

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #51) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 2.5

LYNCH (7/8): Tragedy, GhostWriter, GreyICE, Kcdaspot, RedCoyote, Exe, C-Worl
NO LYNCH (5): MrTrow, Maxous, imaginality, smargaret, Amrun

__

Kcdaspot wrote:... i think i unvoted...

Where?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (isolation #52) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 2.6

LYNCH (8/8): Tragedy, GhostWriter, GreyICE, Kcdaspot, RedCoyote, Exe, C-Worl, imaginality
NO LYNCH (4): MrTrow, Maxous, smargaret, Amrun

That's it, folks. Get your lists in until 26.05.2011, 22:00 CET
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (isolation #53) » Fri May 27, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Tasky »

Day 2 Nominations:

Amrun (5): GhostWriter, RedCoyote, imaginality, smargaret, MrTrow
smargaret (4): C-Worl, Kcdaspot, Amrun, Maxous
imaginality (4): GhostWriter, Tragedy, Maxous, MrTrow
MrTrow (4): Tragedy, C-Worl, smargaret, GreyICE
GreyICE (3): RedCoyote, Kcdaspot, Amrun
RedCoyote (2): Exe, GreyICE
Tragedy (1): imaginality
C-Worl (1): Exe

Amrun selects smargaret over imaginality and MrTrow (information extracted from his list).
=> Nominated: Amrun, smargaret

You know the procedure: Amrun and smargaret may make one and only one last post, everyone else can talk normally.
There is no formal deadline, but the lynchee's statements should be made in the next 48 hours.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #54) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:37 am

Post by Tasky »

Both lynchees have made their statements. Start getting your lists in, please. I will leave the thread open for you to talk for a while.
Lists I haven't got 48h from this post will be randomized.
Last edited by Tasky on Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (isolation #55) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Tasky »

Amrun (7): Exe, MrTrow, RedCoyote, GhostWriter, imaginality, Maxous, Kcdaspot
smargaret (2): Tragedy, C-Worl
Not Voting (1): GreyICE

Amrun, ???? has been lynched Day 2!

It is now N2.
Since I will be away until saturday, this night will last a little longer than usual.
Send me all your actions until 04.06.2011, 12:00 CET.

IMPORTANT:

I hope everyone in this game trusts me and continues to play even if it looks demotivating. Please refrain to criticize me until you know the setup and the mechanics. If you think I have abused your trust after the game is over, feel free to rage at me and to blacklist me as a mod.
This is not a bastard game and it is made for your entertainment.
I cannot and will not reveal anything in order to keep the game intact, but I give you my word that you will not regret continuing to play.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (isolation #56) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Tasky »

GreyICE, Casual Bystander
, modkilled (and thus loses the game) and erased from history for unsporting behavior.

The history so far:
Spoiler: Day 1 nominations
Zinger2099 7: smargaret, Amrun,
GreyICE
, Doombunny9, imaginality, Zinger2099, Exe, MrTrow
Kcdaspot 5: RedCoyote, Tragedy, Doombunny9, imaginality, Zinger2099
Amrun 4: RedCoyote, Tragedy, GhostWriter, MrTrow
Smargaret 3: Amrun, Kcdaspot, Maxous
Maxous
2: smargaret,
GreyICE
, Exe
RedCoyote 1: Kcdaspot
Exe 1: Maxous
Doombunny 1: GhostWriter
GreyICE: MrTrow

Zinger2099 and Kcdaspot on the block.
Spoiler: Day 1 lynch
Zinger (6): smargaret, Exe, Maxous, Tragedy, Doombunny9, RedCoyote
Kcdaspot (1): GhostWriter
Not Voting (3): MrTrow, Amrun, imaginality

Zinger2099, ???? lynched D1
Spoiler: Results N1
GhostWriter, Casual Bystander
, killed N1
Spoiler: Day 2 nominations
Amrun (4):
GhostWriter
, RedCoyote, imaginality, smargaret, MrTrow
smargaret (4): C-Worl, Kcdaspot, Amrun, Maxous
imaginality (4):
GhostWriter
, Tragedy, Maxous, MrTrow, Kcdaspot
MrTrow (3): Tragedy, C-Worl, smargaret,
GreyICE

GreyICE (3): RedCoyote, Kcdaspot, Amrun

RedCoyote (2): Exe,
GreyICE
, Amrun
Tragedy (1): imaginality
C-Worl (1): Exe
Exe (1): RedCoyote
=>2 players chosen randomly out of {Amrun, smargaret, imaginality}: Amrun and smargaret on the block.
Spoiler: Day 2 lynch
Amrun (6): Exe, MrTrow, RedCoyote, imaginality, Maxous, Kcdaspot
smargaret (2): Tragedy, C-Worl

Amrun, ???? lynched D2
Spoiler: Results N2
imaginality, Casual Bystander
, killed N2

The following players are still alive:

01. MrTrow
02. Maxous
04. RedCoyote
05. smargaret
07. Tragedy
10. C-Worl
11. Kcdaspot
13. Exe

With 8 players alive it takes 5 "LYNCH"-Votes to proceed to nominations.
Deadline will fall 11 days from this post.

*I have decided to not change all the posts in the thread according to the new timeline, as it wouldn't add anything to the game and would just be a lot of work.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (isolation #57) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Tasky »

Kcdaspot wrote:hang on:
MOD: Did someone ORIGINALLY die D1 or was there a mod error?

Everything is correct to the best of my knowledge.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (isolation #58) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Tasky »

Exe has requested replacement. Will replace him asap.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #59) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Tasky »

jilynne1991
replaces
Exe
, effective immediately. Thanks jilynne1991.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Tasky »

Tragedy wrote:
@Mod: If someone gets roleblocked, do they get a PM if done so?

Not necessarily. Could happen, though.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 3.1

LYNCH (4/5): Maxous, smargaret, jilynne1991, RedCoyote
NO LYNCH (4): MrTrow, Tragedy, C-Worl, Kcdaspot

Deadline for Discussion Phase is June, 16; 13:00 CET

__

Tragedy wrote:
@Mod: So I guess that PRs can get a message of being RB'd while Casual Bystanders (VT) don't?

[Redacted]
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (isolation #62) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 3.2

LYNCH (4/5): Maxous, smargaret, RedCoyote, Kcdaspot, Tragedy
NO LYNCH (4): MrTrow, C-Worl, jilynne1991

Get your nomination-lists in!

__

smargaret wrote:
Mod, are my interpretations correct? What does happen if I track X and X takes an action both in my time (N3) and travels back from N4 to act again in N3?

A tracker sees all outgoing actions: Say X from N3 targets Y in N2, tracker will see him; but tracker won't see X if hecomes from another time. tracker won't get to know to which night target went.

smargaret wrote:
Mod, will the answer to the questions in my previous post be any different if I ask them via PM?
[Redacted]
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (isolation #63) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Tasky »

Nomination Votes D3:

C-Worl (5): MrTrow, RedCoyote, Maxous, smargaret, Tragedy
smargaret (5): MrTrow, C-Worl, jilynne1991, Tragedy, Kcdaspot
jilynne1991 (3): smargaret, RedCoyote, Maxous
MrTrow (2): C-Worl, jilynne1991
RedCoyote (1): Kcdaspot

C-Worl and smargaret are on the block.

I will not be around the whole weak. sorry about that.
You can take your last stances and send me in your lists, you know the procedure. As soon as I get back I will post the lynch scene.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #64) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Tasky »

I'M BACK! Sorry for my absence.

Lynchcount:

C-Worl (5): Maxous, Tragedy, MrTrow, RedCoyote, Kcdaspot
smargaret (0): //

C-Worl, Mafia Roleblocker
lynched D3!

Get your night actions in until 72 hours from this post.

Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #65) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Tasky »

Another day dawns, and surprisingly everything seems to be the same. No sudden time-shifts, no rewritings of history, not even a dead body. Nothing.

Time to lynch.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch and deadline is 10 days from this post.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #66) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Tasky »

Tragedy wrote:
@Mod: Request to Prod RedCoyote & MrTrow

48 hours have not yet passed since the day began.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT:

LYNCH (2/4): Kcdaspot, Maxous
NO LYNCH (5): MrTrow, jilynne1991, RedCoyote, smargaret, Tragedy
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #68) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT:

LYNCH (OK): Kcdaspot, Maxous, Tragedy, RedCoyote
NO LYNCH (3): MrTrow, jilynne1991, smargaret

Get your nomination lists in until 48 hours from this post.

__

Kcdaspot wrote:
MOD: CULT. Y/N?

As stated in the rules there is only one Anti-town faction (i.e. the Mafia). That faction may or may not have the power to recruit.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (isolation #69) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Tasky »

Nominations D4:

jilynne1991 (6): MrTrow, RedCoyote, smargaret, Kcdaspot, Maxous, Tragedy
RedCoyote (4): jilynne1991, smargaret, Maxous, Tragedy
smargaret (2): MrTrow, jilynne1991
MrTrow (2): Kcdaspot, RedCoyote

=> jilynne1991 and RedCoyote on the block.

You know the routine, right?

__
There was a small error from my side in the Vote-Count. it is now fixed.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (isolation #70) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am

Post by Tasky »

Ok. I now have 4/5 vote lists to lynch. There is no reason to drag this any further:

jilynne1991 (4): MrTrow,Tragedy, Kcdaspot, Maxous
RedCoyote (0): //

Not Voting (1): smargaret

Spoiler: !!

jilynne1991, Mafia
Terrorist
Goon
has been lynched D4.

TOWN (MrTrow, Maxous, RedCoyote, smargaret, Tragedy, Kcdaspot, GhostWriter, Amrun, imaginality) WIN THE GAME

You can find all the information you need about this game in the Mod QT

If you have critiques or suggestions let me know. I will gladly consider them for my next games.
If you liked my game, stay tuned on My Wiki for more games. Also you probably don't want to miss
. Pre/Ins are still accepted and I would like to see some of you in my next games.

GreyICE, in case you are reading this, I hope you didn't take the modkill personally. I hope you understand why I did it, and why it was necessary. If you feel like joining another game of mine, you are still welcome. It would be nice to see you playing again.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (isolation #71) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Tasky »

GreyICE wrote:In a larger sense, I think this game suffered from a severe lack of design focus. If the goal was to showcase the time travel mechanic, then I think you should have stuck with basic, mini-normal roles. The complex and irritating voting/lynching mechanics were quite a bit to absorb. A 10:3 (perhaps a tad PR heavy) with some time machines could have made the game quite playable. As it was, this game featured:

- Bizarrely non-standard roles: the number of town PRs was limited, but their role conditions were poorly designed, concentrated power, and made ideal use of their PRs nearly impossible.
- Mafia Janitor: Less said the better.
- Mafia Traitor with nonstandard role components: What?

I really think it was just a case of having too many ideas and no one said 'no' to any of them.

what exactly do you mean by concentrated power? I think town had their power spread out quite a bit (4 roles + a weak commuter).
Three town roles were pretty standard. doc, investigative JOAT, active JOAT (both JOATS with usual powers)
The saboteur was the only really new one, cause it was a time-travel-specific role.

I also understand that the lynch mechanics are a bit weird, but it was the only way I could come up with that allowed a clean rewriting of the past. If you have better suggestions, I would gladly hear them (also because I agree that this games lynch mechanics were a little clumsy).

the mafia janitor was kinda necessary. I was expecting him to be used on NKs, though. The doc would otherwise be much too strong, if he could just revive confirmed innocents every day.
Of course the janitor had to be limited, therefore the 2-shot. Probably next time I will limit it to NKs (as that was the purpose all along).

The terrorist was more an emergency ability than anything else. In 95% of the cases he would just be a normal traitor. But I wanted to give scum a resort against elusive town roles. scum could have problems to kill certain key players (especially the doc)
I expected the terrorist to play like an investigation immune traitor most of the time.
The reason why I chose to include a traitor, was that imho the time travel mechanics make scum quite strong (as long as they have a janitor), so I felt a full fledged scum team would be overpowered.

I was a little sad, that the saboteur never came into effect (the one time he targeted a time traveling role he was blocked).
he was also supposed to be a red herring for the mafia, who would think he was their traitor.
Last edited by Tasky on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #72) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Tasky »

Maxous wrote:But Tasky I have to ask..why did Amrun get a sample VT PM and while KCD and smargaret did not?

I just wanted to punish players for outguessing the mod. Other than that, no particular reason.

Was Red Coyote basically a commuter?

sorta.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #73) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Tasky »

Kcdaspot wrote:if they didn't clean up amrun's lynch..

the town would be in BIG trouble.

that's what I thought too.
I think that cleanup was a major mistake, with an Amrun town flip, I think smargaret or Kcdaspot would have been easy to lynch
should have saved it for a night kill.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #74) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Tasky »

Maxous wrote:Not to sound smart, but in a confirmed one-faction game we were not going to beleive that a mafia would be night killed by themselves.
We would of known they were town.

omg. you are right (except for the 1-shot vig). then I guess making the janitor lynch-too was necessary.
I feel stupid now. maybe it was lynch-revives I was worried about after all.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (isolation #75) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Tasky »

Amrun wrote:Tasky, I have a serious problem with being the only town pr to receive a sample vt role pm. I consider that bastard modding for sure. There was just no concrete reason to do it at all.

why would that be bastard modding?
nowhere there is a written or unwritten role that all PRs should have the same information.
exactly as I gave Trow the info about the goon PM, I gave you the info about the VT PM.

there was a very concrete reason for me to do that, I wanted to punish players who tried to outguess the setup.
never did I actually lie to a player, (It's not as if I had told you that all other town PRs would have the same information) you (most of the town) just made some too fast conclusions.
taken something for given which is not explicitly written in any rule is your mistake, not mine.

GreyICE wrote:
Actually, I would have been very tempted to shoot janitor someone night 1, and shoot-janitor myself night 2 with that mechanic. And then be resurrected via time traveling roleblocker at some point.

I think it's one of those very high risk/high reward things, I don't think I would have had the courage to do so (especially in a 2-man scumteam)

GreyICE wrote:Which would have really driven the town insane if they lost to it, but this is why roles like 'doctor,' 'vigilante,' 'roleblocker,' 'jailkeeper,' etc. would have been better ideas.

Amrun was a doctor. Kcdaspot was a roleblocker/vig/bodyguard (which is a standard role) JOAT.
probably in hindsight, it would have been a little better had I made Kcdaspot a plain (time-traveling) vig. That would have also given the night-janitoring a little more significance.
I am happy to not have given smargaret a plain cop, though. In general I must say that I tend to like JOATs with standard powers more than one-purpose-roles. They add a little more strategy to the night game (without taking anything from the day)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (isolation #76) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Tasky »

smargaret wrote:The only reason you didn't lie to players was because Trow never died. I'd call death millers/godfathers bastard in any circumstance.

Giving Amrun the VT pm didn't prevent outguessing the mod, we just lynched town along with scum for it. I'd just put the PM in the first post of the rules - you give the scum access to everything, make it much harder for us to lynch Cworl for not getting the PM right because it's easier to excuse as paraphrasing, and send a message that you're doing what you can to prevent outguessing the mod.

I didn't say that I wanted to
prevent
mod-outguessing (it was clear enough in the rules that you shouldn't try). I said I wanted you to
punish
for it (i.e. punishing you for not following the rules).
I think if town lynches a town player because they were trying to outguess the mod, that's their problem and their mistake. It was exactly for the various confusing thins in this game (which do in fact favor scum), that this game had so much town-power.

and in case you haven't looked at the Mod QT yet, scum
had
access to the Casual Bystander role PM. I would never let scum go into a game where they cannot reasonably claim anything at massclaim.

I can agree that death-millers/godfathers is the most borderline thing of this setup. It's the only thing that *could* have been considered a little bastard. I think, however, that the fact that Trow was told he was a dead miller made it acceptable. I would never had put a non-self-aware- death miller in the game.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #77) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Tasky »

smargaret wrote:Say Trow claims death miller at L-1. Who believes him? Heck, say that he claims it at the start of the game - he gets lynched, he flips scum, and we have unnecessary WIFOM.

is WIFOM=bastard?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (isolation #78) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Tasky »

smargaret wrote:The point is more, you *would* have lied to us if Trow had died, and you gave him a role that made it more likely he would have died.

it's the same as telling a cop his target is mafia, when in reality it is a miller (or framed by a framer). That would be lying too. But since it's not an arbitrary lie, but the effect of a role, it is not bastard.

of course the definition of "bastard" is quite subjective, this is why it is difficult to argue about it when there are clear borderline cases.

I created Tasky's Mafia Modding Manifesto exactly for this purpose, to clarify what in my books is considered bastard (everything breaking the manifesto) and what is not (everything which follows those rules). So when I mean bastard, I do not mean it is bastard in general (there are few such things that *everyone* would consider bastard), but bastard based on some (maybe arbitrary) criterions which I find to work well for me.
Unluckily when I designed this game, I hadn't yet though out and written down the manifesto, so declaring the game to be non-bastard could of course be considered a little vague, since what I meant by non-bastard is not necessarily what others will think. I am sorry if this different interpretation caused problems this game, I am definitely going to define this kind of borderline cases more precise the next games I will be running

Me writing that manifesto was somehow inspired by the problems that came up this regarding no-flips, but it was what I considered to be my personal guidelines all along.
(Note that this game did not totally adhere to it, as there were some secret mod-notes.) This is the one point where it is difficult to draw a clear line for me, so I think I will avoid that things in the future (hence why I forbid them in the manifesto). But there are of course some "light" instances where those mod-notes are ok. I think in hindsight I should have just told the traitor he would gain the mafia factional abilities once his partners died, as that would have avoided the problem.
I think one can almost always avoid secret mod-notes in a non-bastard game. as you might have noted, I define non-bastardness basically by the fact that everything that happens has to have a knowable (at least in theory) cause for the players.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (isolation #79) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Tasky »

ok. I guess I made a mistake then.
I apologize to all the players of this game, I had a different conception of bastardness.

smargaret wrote:I would say that flips, unlike cops, are presumed to be sane, and thus death-whatevers are violations of the third comment.

I do not agree with this, though.
Even if it can be considered bastard, it is not a violation of the manifesto (I'm not saying the manifesto is good or bad, just stating that it does not rule out wrong flips). As long as it's an effect of the role, it is not an arbitrary intervention of the mod.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”