Updated Mod Eligibility Rules

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue May 03, 2011 1:05 am

Post by shaft.ed »

RichardGHP wrote:Also, I think this thread is an appropriate place for me to present a question whose answer I've pondered for a while now: Why don't Newbie games qualify for game limits or mod EXP?
the idea is not to have people modding newbies because they have to, and also that haven't proven a decreased likelihood of disappearance
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Porochaz wrote:Also I thought you werent able to choose what you modded in the open queue?
The times, they are achangin
When I was in the Open cue we prayed for weeks that we wouldn't end up with some Large Abomination of months commitment before getting to our Theme game
And we liked it!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #93 (isolation #2) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

I dont think balance is an issue that needs to be solved by
running
a game. Just have mandatory setup reviews if you are worried about balance
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:24 am

Post by shaft.ed »

zoraster wrote:Checking now. Just a snap shot, but... chkflip, whose open game started sign ups on May 1st in the open queue signed up to mod on February 20th, for 70 days. Midnight's Sorrow's sign ups on the normal queue started May 2nd and he signed up on December 14th for roughly 138 days. That's a 68 day advantage to those in the open queue, or about 2.25 months.

Even though we all seem to agree that modding a regular mini normal on the whole provides better experience for designing and modding a future large or theme game than an open one, we actually PROVIDE INCENTIVE to mods to avoid that better experience.

Has anyone done an objective analysis of who went through which queue and how they ended up? I really don't think there is that much one learns from making/running a game that can't be learned along the way (if it is done right). I really see the requirements as more of a commitment test. So I really see no problem with a mod wanting to get through the whole process faster
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:41 am

Post by shaft.ed »

zoraster wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
zoraster wrote:Checking now. Just a snap shot, but... chkflip, whose open game started sign ups on May 1st in the open queue signed up to mod on February 20th, for 70 days. Midnight's Sorrow's sign ups on the normal queue started May 2nd and he signed up on December 14th for roughly 138 days. That's a 68 day advantage to those in the open queue, or about 2.25 months.

Even though we all seem to agree that modding a regular mini normal on the whole provides better experience for designing and modding a future large or theme game than an open one, we actually PROVIDE INCENTIVE to mods to avoid that better experience.

Has anyone done an objective analysis of who went through which queue and how they ended up? I really don't think there is that much one learns from making/running a game that can't be learned along the way (if it is done right). I really see the requirements as more of a commitment test. So I really see no problem with a mod wanting to get through the whole process faster

what do you mean? what would we be judging exactly?

whether or not they flaked from their games/had rocks fall everyone die moments
Basically rate of abject failure due to either irresponsibility, mismanaging their game or running a broken game
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #109 (isolation #5) » Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I guess I have a different philosophy as to what the modding requirements are for. I think anyone with half a brain and a set up review can successfully mod a game, there isn't that much to learn that can't be figured out with some help during the setup design
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Thu May 05, 2011 11:43 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Didn't Kinetic try out such an experiment Ythill?
I didnt pay attention to how it turned out
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:52 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vi wrote:1) Modding isn't that hard
2) The hardest part of modding is right at the beginning

My thoughts on the matter as well. Which is why I would rather push our creepy old man and inexperienced nubility interactions towards set up review
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:51 am

Post by shaft.ed »

actually, I've never experienced that
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue