Open 304 - Hard Boiled, Game Over. Was DY's Dystopia saved?

AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Open 304 - Hard Boiled, Game Over. Was DY's Dystopia saved?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Rules:

1. I AdumbroDeus am the lord thy mod. My decisions are final. That said, if you think I made a mistake, feel free to point it out. Minor errors may be pointed out in-thread. Errors that involve privileged information may exist and must be pointed out via PM.
  2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread. That includes communication with living players, dead players, and non-players. Any communication with any of these groups will result in an
    immediate modkill.
    This includes merely dumping role information, reads, or other things without analysis.
  3. No revealing a mod PM, or faking a revealed mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial revealing. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. All votes must follow the following format, "Vote: [complete playername here]" and be bolded use the vote tags provided with the complete playername. Formatting that isn't visible will be ignored, as will capitalization or lackthereof. Unvoting is
    not
    necessary before revoting.
  6. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
  7. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If deadline hits and no player has the majority of votes, there will be a no lynch.
  8. Once you are dead, you are allowed one "bah" post. Bah posts may not include game specific information unless stated otherwise in your role pm.
  9. Dead players are ineligible to be targets of night actions unless otherwise stated in your role PM.
  10. You must post at least once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Three prods may result in a forced replacement at the moderator's discretion. If there are no replacements, you will be modkilled.
  11. Modkill will end day if you are town-aligned. Strategic mod-killing is a legitimate strategy and will be allowed, though compromising slots that are not your own may result in forced replacements/additional modkills. However forcing a modkill without a strategic purpose may result in blacklisting.
  12. There may be legitimate strategic reasons to claim anti-town with a partner. However doing so without a valid strategic reason that you can explain to the moderator may result in blacklisting.
  13. If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of the game, the communications cannot be quoted, only paraphrased.
  14. My Color is Blue. Do not type in Blue unless you are addressing a moderator.
  15. Site staff (and people borrowing Site staffs' accounts for any reason) are explicitly forbidden from utilizing those powers to find out any information about any player in the game that's inaccessible to a normal user. This includes normal information about users that set themselves as invisible.
  16. In any conflicts between your role pm and these rules, your role pm overrides these rules.
  17. No cyphers, encrypted text or hidden text of any sort.

Notes:
  1. This ruleset is intended to be used in all my games with only slight edits at most, and as such may include rules designed for roles that do not appear in this game. Attempting to figure out the setup based on the unusual rules/unusually harsh variations of normal rules will result in laughter from the game mod.
  2. Any non-standard roles will be accompanied by a brief explanation of what they do on flip so players will actually gain information in a flip approximately equivalent to when a standard role flips.
  3. NA priority is considered public information and will follow natural action resolution. Feel free to request any NA resolution priority, and they will be answered regardless of whether or not the roles exist in the game.
  4. There will be no deadline extensions unless specifically granted by the mod. Days will last 12 days or until a lynch approximately; Nights will last 3 days approximately. I may add to this in order to prevent deadlines from occurring on the weekends. A night will be accelerated if requested by all living players including players without powers. Twilight will last a minimum of 24 hours.
  5. All deadlines will be written using a 24 hour clock (ex. 4 pm will be written as 16:00). Furthermore all times will be Eastern Standard time.
  6. All night actions will include a result PM indicating success or failure. If it is an investigative PR results will be included (if successful).

This is an open game, Hard Boiled (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hard_Boiled).

The following role PMs are the only ones which exist in this game in the numbers that I specify.

5 Townies

1 Tracker/Vigilante
1 Hider
1 Hider Tracker

The last power role has a random chance of being either:

Detective
OR
Psychologist

Day Start.

The role PMs for all possible roles are provided below.

Mafia
Welcome, X. You are a low life criminal scum out to make life difficult for the hero and his woman while they try to foil your nefarious schemes, or at least that's what they think. You've had quite enough of the law pushing you around for doing right by you and yours, and now they're gonna pay. Your Partners are Y and Z. You have the following abilities:
-Factional communication: You may talk with your mafia partners at during night phases and before the start of day one at this link [redacted]. The pastword is exactly as written in the parathesis [redacted] and feel free to create any threads you want. The contents of the board are not accessible at all without both the password and the link that I specifically gave you, furthermore registration is not required to post. A quicktopic will be posted in the welcoming thread if you prefer to use that.
-Factional kill: Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.
Win condition: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Please confirm via PM by stating your role.
The game thread is here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17441

Townie
Welcome, X. You are a vanilla townie, you know that bystander in hard boiled detective stories that generally doesn't do anything? Well that's you. You have no abilities beyond your voice and your vote, so better make them count.
Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Tracker / Vigilante
Welcome, X. You are the Tracker/Vigilante, you're the character that's just boardering on the edge of good, the anti-hero, that means you can actually go out and kill the bad guys, or at least track them down, your choice. You have the following abilities:
-Decision: on night one, you must choose whether you want to be a tracker or a vigilante. You will remain this role for the duration of the game.
-Tracker: if you choose tracker on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me the name of someone who you want to track. I will return a PM telling you who that person targeted that night, or that they targeted no one.
-Vigilante: if you choose vigilante on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me a name of someone who you want to kill. That person will die, unless in some way protected.
Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Hider
Welcome, X. You are the hider, basically you are the coward from those crime stories, oh well, better make the best of it. You have the following abilities:
-Hide: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia or the vigilante, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted for a nightkill by the mafia or vigilante that night, you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill on a night that you hide behind someone else, that nightkill will not affect you.

Hider Tracker
Welcome, X. You are the hider tracker, you know the coward's habits, so wherever he goes, you'll know about it. Basically, you're the information broker that every hard-boiled detective goes to, better make the best of it. You probably know more then you're saying, but that wouldn't make the game any fun, now would it? You have the following abilities:
-Tracking: every night, I will automatically send you the person that the hider hid behind, or no one if they did not hide that night. You will not be informed of the hider's identity. If tracked, you will show as having visited the hider, unless the hider is already dead.

Detective
Welcome, X. You are the detective, you are one of the two possible hard-boiled investigators, the hero if you may, and you're the one that actually goes out to the crime scenes and get your hands dirty, lucky you. You have the following abilities:
-Investigation: every night, you may PM me the name of someone who you want to investigate. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has killed another player at night on any night, including the night that your action was submitted.

Psychologist
Welcome, X. You are the psychologist, you're one of two possible hard-boiled investigators, the hero if you may, and your thing is that rather then going out there, you attempt to understand the criminal and predict his actions, now get out there and be heroic, ok? You have the following abilities:
-Diagnosis: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to diagnose. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has the capability to kill another player at night. If they have already killed another player, or kill another player on the night you diagnose them, they will lie to you so you will be told that they do not have the capability to kill.

-Playerlist-
  1. smashbro_of_the_SSS
  2. toffee
  3. don_johnson
  4. DemonHybrid
  5. Surye
  6. RedCoyote
  7. chesskid3
  8. Amrun
  9. Scott Brosius
  10. nameloc1986
    zMuffinMan
  11. DeityKabuto
  12. HellloooNewman

-Alive-
  1. don_johnson
  2. RedCoyote
  3. Scott Brosius
  4. nameloc1986
    zMuffinMan

-Here be the bodies-
DeityKabuto, Vanilla Townsperson, lynched Day One
DemonHybrid, Town-Aligned Hider, shot Night One
Surye, Town-Aligned Psychologist, shot Night One
Chesskid3, Vanilla Townsperson, shot Night One
toffee, Mafia Goon, lynched Day Two
HellloooNewman, Mafia Goon, shot Night Two
Amrun, Town-Aligned Vigilante, shot Night Two
Smashbro_of_the_SSS, Mafia Goon, lynched Day Three

-Replacements-
  1. None

Last edited by DarthYoshi on Tue May 31, 2011 4:14 am, edited 14 times in total.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 12:23 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Role PMs are out, Day 1 starts as soon as all players have confirmed
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Amrun »

Can we post in the meantime?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:48 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

No, its Mothers Day. Go take her to breakfast.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 9:15 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

No issue with it, otherwise I would've locked the thread. However all players have confirmed, so day will start momentarily.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:12 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Day 1 Begins!

Votecount 1:

smashbro_of_the_SSS [0] -
toffee [0] -
don_johnson [0] -
DemonHybrid [0] -
Surye [0] -
RedCoyote [0] -
chesskid3 [0] -
Amrun [0] -
Scott Brosius [0] -
nameloc1986 [0] -
DeityKabuto [0] -
HellloooNewman [0] -

not voting: smashbro_of_the_SSS, toffee, don_johnson, DemonHybrid, Surye, RedCoyote, chesskid3, Amrun, Scott Brosius, nameloc1986, DeityKabuto, HellloooNewman

A deadline has been set for May 20th at 0400 hours
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: HellloooNewman
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Vote chesskid3

You trolled part of the Superhero mafia, lulz.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:30 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

VOTE: chesskid

Of the two people I know in this game, I'll choose him so I can start the first bandwagon.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:32 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

So, who else is town? Raise your hand!!

*raises hand*

vote - DemonHybrid

OMGUSROFLOLSOB!!!!!!!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote: Toffee

Toffee is delicious....too delicious.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:46 am

Post by chesskid3 »

welp, I joined this game to be the tracker/vig and choose vig and be batman

didn't happen, fml. Going to be disinterested because this setup is lame other than vig >_>

vote: scum brosious
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Rules have been edited to include a restriction against cyphers, encryption, and hidden text
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

HellloooNewman wrote:So, who else is town? Raise your hand!!

*raises hand*

vote - DemonHybrid

OMGUSROFLOLSOB!!!!!!!

You're okay people.

Unvote, Vote: Chesskid3

Chesskid wagon go

You want this one.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

You're still mad about donner party aren't you >_>
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

chesskid3 wrote:You're still mad about donner party aren't you >_>

I'm mad about your avatar. Poor bulbasaur can only hold so much weight.

You want this one.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

i'm not fat

just HIV positive >_>
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

DemonHybrid wrote:

*raises hand*

vote - DemonHybrid

OMGUSROFLOLSOB!!!!!!!

You're okay people.

Chesskid wagon go

I am disturbed by the lack of hand raising.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

too busy holding the reins to raise mah hand brah
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: helloonewman

For telling me how to spend mother's day.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

chess 11 wrote:welp, I joined this game to be the tracker/vig and choose vig and be batman

didn't happen, fml. Going to be disinterested because this setup is lame other than vig >_>

Vote: chesskid3

Don't help the scum PR hunt, please.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Votecount 2:

smashbro_of_the_SSS [0] -
toffee [1] - Scott Brosius,
don_johnson [0] -
DemonHybrid [0] -
Surye [0] -
RedCoyote [0] -
chesskid3 [3] - DeityKabuto, DemonHybrid, RedCoyote,
Amrun [0] -
Scott Brosius [0] -
nameloc1986 [0] -
DeityKabuto [0] -
HellloooNewman [1] - Amrun,

not voting: smashbro_of_the_SSS, toffee, don_johnson, Surye, chesskid3, nameloc1986,

A deadline has been set for May 20th at 0400 hours

Note:
Improperly formatted votes were ignored, also rule 5 was updated to reflect that using the provided vote tags count as a legal vote.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

HellloooNewman wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:

*raises hand*

vote - DemonHybrid

OMGUSROFLOLSOB!!!!!!!

You're okay people.

Chesskid wagon go

I am disturbed by the lack of hand raising.

Hand raising? What do you mean by that?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 12:13 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Personally, I think the scum should raise their hands.

@mod: What time zone are the deadlines?
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 12:51 am

Post by chesskid3 »

How am I helping the scum PR hunt?

Return to “Completed Open Games”