Mini Game 1177: Normal Game - Over on Day 5!

Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Peabody »

vote internet stranger

I saw To Catch A Predator. I know what's up.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Peabody »

Internet Stranger wrote:Wait a sec, WTF? Two votes on RVS already?

OMGUS: Peabody

Yup. You never saw a bandwagon on RVS?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Peabody »

Internet Stranger wrote:Sure, scum plunk that second vote down all the time.

Town put that second vote down all the time as well. It's a nulltell, really.

Bezukhov wrote:VOTE: E_Lou_Sive

Do you have a reason for this vote? :roll:
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Peabody »

Internet Stranger wrote:So knowing full well how risky it is to plunk down a second vote on the third damn post in the game, THE THIRD POST, why would you do it? Are you trying to be funny? Are you trying to make a point? Do you require some notoriety? Or were you looking to get my attention?

You dont put down a vote like that and not expect anyone to notice. Then you have the gall to flat out call it a bandwagon, ALREADY. And then you expect to sit there and say that it isnt scummy?Really now, what else could fall into the very definition of scummy? So whats it going to be, 'body? Are you going to push this nonsense further or are you going to admit that you were being hasty, or foolish or just simply putting down a lame joke vote that suddenly doesnt look all that appealing anymore?

Yes, I placed a second vote in RVS, and I would do it again and again and again. RVS bandwagons get us somewhere, even if it means placing suspicion on myself. I'm not going to admit that I was hasty or foolish. A SECOND VOTE IN RVS IS WHERE IT'S AT, BRUH! /represent.

Also, what's wrong with questioning an Bezukhov's vote? How am I supposed to know it was a random vote?

Menolikethispost:
Marble101 wrote:Wow. I confirmed yesterday and today there is already 3 pages. I had no idea it would move so fast. Apparently, the game is still in RVS with people trying to accuse each other.
Vote: Blackberry because my dad's crashed while I was playing brickbreaker.

It's such a late RVS.

unvote; vote Marble101
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Peabody »

@Mod: Your post count is wrong. My vote is on Marble, not Blackberry.

Concerning Imat:
Slaxx wrote:Did you get a walking on eggshells feel from that post too parama?

I noticed this, too. Scum tend to be more diplomatic than town.

I don't like Imat's vote on Parama, especially after he said he KNOWS his vote on Parama is a second vote. Imat's vote, as it was already said, was based on personality, but didn't Imat say something about 2nd votes being super important? A super important vote should not be based on personality...

Imat is being inconsistent, and this bugs me.

----------------------------

Chkflip is looking scummy. I'm seeing a lot of posts with hardly any opinion (with the occasional 'I agree'). I see multiple 'What do you think?' posts without input. I see talk about meta which is quasi-relevant to the game. I encourage an ISO-Chkflip read from everyone.

I think an Imat vote from at this point will be most beneficial at this point though I'm willing to vote for either Chk or Imat.
vote Imat
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm becoming uncomfortable with how quickly this bandwagon is forming.

... And something I didn't realize fully at the time of my vote: Chkflip (probable scum) is voting for Imat.

If either Imat or Chkflip are mafia, I'm betting on chkflip.

unvote; vote chkflip
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Peabody »

@Parama -(post 105) You're just going to point out my post and say 'bad logic' without telling me why it is bad logic?

Bezukhov 107 wrote:
I don't like Peabody's last two posts. He puts the fourth vote on Imat, adding that he's also suspicious of chkflip, but he thinks an Imat vote is "more beneficial". Then suddenly when petroleumjelly makes it five votes, he's worried that the bandwagon is growing too fast, and he realizes that chkflip is voting Imat, and that if one of them is scum, chkflip is more likely. What happened in the six hours between those two posts? Why are you worried about the speed of a bandwagon that you just helped creating yourself? And is there a particular reason to assume one of Imat and chkflip is scum?

1) I was worried about the speed of the bandwagon because for a bandwagon to form that quickly, it is probable that one or two scum are on the wagon. I understand that this isn't always the case, but the fact that I realized chkflip was on the bandwagon causes me to believe that
is
what is happening.
2) I guess its not set in stone that one of the two are scum, but there is some definite crossfire between the two. I'm more voting chkflip because I think he's scum, and not really because I think one of the two are scum.

Slaxx wrote:0-1 scum is in

(Peabody, Petroleum)

They arent buddies because of Petro's opening post. Decently confident of this.

Why does there have to be one between the two of us?

MarchHare wrote:Peabody's "I'm becoming uncomfortable with how quickly this bandwagon is forming" looks like scum trying not to be on the Imat's wagon when Imat gets lynched and flips town.

This can go two ways. Maybe I'm town, concerned about another possible town lynch? Besides, I actually expected a lot more flak for jumping off that bandwagon. In a previous game, I actually jumped on and off a bandwagon as town and got a lot of attention for it. A bandwagon formed on me immediately. Needless to say, if I were PeabodyScum, I would probably have just rolled with that bandwagon (Yeah yeah, WIFOM...).

I'm unsure what to think about Marbles calling out a possible two faction setup. Oh, and Marbles, they are being sarcastic though I hate when people claim mafia in thread as a joke.

Chkflip did not say a single word about my accusation which was posted here.

Also, I'm not liking this thread as an instant messaging system.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Peabody »

Bezukhov wrote:Peabody, did you realize at the time of your vote for Imat how many votes he had?

I didn't consciously count, but I knew there were a few already placed on him when I voted. PetroleumJelly's 'You are now at L-2' made me realize how close we were to a lynch. My vote was mostly a pressure vote, and I didn't think much about an actual lynch (though I probably would have been okay with it at that point). When PJ posted, I realized how quickly the bandwagon actually formed and that chkflip was on it. My unvote was an afterthought.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #8) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Peabody »

*Noticing Chkflip STILL didn't say a word about my accusations before his V/LA*

Sigh.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Peabody »

I read petroleumjelly in ISO and Slaxx's case has some merit. I do see some re-hashing of cases, and the fact he ignored Slaxx's vote altogether looks bad. Slaxx's vote isn't the only event he ignored either, and Petroleumjelly says that's because he has nothing to say about things going on. PetroleumJelly's cases look like opportunistic scumhunting, that is, making cases after bandwagons have formed.

I'm voting PJ, but a Marbles lynch looks very good too.

I'm also looking forward to chkflip's return.

unvote; vote petroleumjelly
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Peabody »

Oh, and happy birthday, Parama.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Peabody »

On second thought, Marble is a better choice. The evidence for his wagon is much stronger.

unvote; vote Marble101

His late RVS as an attempt to look town and his lack of suspects adds some icing on this bandwagon's cake.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Peabody »

Concerning PetroleumJelly

Slaxx wrote:Marble is vig fodder. If there is a vig, let them take care of it. If not we can lynch him tomorrow.

You have a good point. I'll think about it. Though my vote is not on him, I really do still like the Petroleum wagon. :roll: And actually, I think its quite possible that Petro and Marble are a scum team. Petro's vote on Marble looks a lot like a bus after Marble screwed up. Post 234 just reinforces this in my head. Petroleum's number 3 looks unnecessary, considering how PJ is big about 'If I don't have anything else to say, I won't say it' stance. Now he's going out of his way to make sure we all see he wants a Marble lynch.

Imat 254 wrote:It didn't take an expert to see that Marble could be scum questioning the existence of a second scum, and I've gone back and forth on Marble's alignment every time I try to post, yet you pointed it out as your entire argument and left it at that. This was such an obvious thing, you thought you had a lynch in the bag. Didn't even have to read any of his posts beyond the one to form your evidence.

This is a really good point by Imat and reinforces my Marble/Petro scum-team theory.

Petro may be getting my vote again soon.

Concerning Marble

Marble's 235, as PJ pointed out himself, is fencesitting. Scum don't have scum to find, so fence sitting is a common scumtell. Also, I see a bit of a stretch of the truth here. The PJ wagon isn't massive at all yet. Parama was the first PJ vote, and then he jumped off. Slaxx and Marchhare are on it now. Internet Stranger and I are thinking about the PJ wagon, but we have not joined. Is there anyone else that I'm missing?

Marble101 wrote:Like I have already explained, this is my first normal game, and since having 2 scum factions is a possibility, I was curious about this. It was only when MarchHare said he was scum did I suddenly remember my question.

This is VERY important: When exactly did you 'wonder' about the possibility of multiple scum factions?

Marble101 wrote:Peabody because he was going to vote for PJ (and he did). He explained his logic and had a case ready.
But then he suddenly switched to me.
Why?

Maybe I wasn't clear on my vote post. The main evidence which sparked my vote on you was your questioning of the existence of multiple scum teams. The late RVS and the fact that you do not have suspects (until now... after you were prodded by Slaxx... multiple times) are supporting evidences against you.

And Imat, PJ is right about the discussion starting votes.

I need more from Marchhare.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Peabody »

EBWOP: Imat is on the PJ wagon, but was not at the time of Marble's massive wagon claim on 235.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Peabody »

@ Little Grey
Little Grey wrote:I find it suspicious how Peabody was making such a big deal about having a second vote on the third post during RVS. I've been in games where someone was at 4 votes before the second page and that game went alright.

I am not the one who made a big deal about the second vote on the third post of RVS. I was the one who MADE THAT VOTE. Internet Stranger is the person you are thinking of here.

Little Grey wrote:I'm most suspicious of Peabody, as he changed his vote to the easy newbie prey.

Noobishness IS NOT a scum tell. I am not voting him because he is new. I'm voting him because of his scum slip.

Little Grey wrote:And he seems to be ordering the vig around to kill off players he doesn't like. Seems very scummy, and I'm disappointed with the amount of posts he's made so far.

Again, I am not the person you are talking about... Slaxx is the one who first said Marble is the vig's cannon fodder. I merely agreed with him in his post.

I think you should probably do a little more research before you vote someone on a false premise. Is it really
me
that you are even posting about?

@ Chkflip
chkflip wrote:Read the very next post after yours. That's what I thought about it and didn't feel it necessary to reiterate that. The fact that you felt the need to bring this up, what, three times? That's excessive and not exactly town-motivated in my book.

I just looked for the response you are referencing to my post again, and I'm not seeing it still. Can you please quote what you said or link me?

@PetroleumJelly
PJ wrote:Peabody, you are the second person to suggest that ignoring the votes on me is somehow scummy. Please explain why you think that.

Sorry I didn't answer earlier. This is what I said in the post you are talking about:
I wrote:I read petroleumjelly in ISO and Slaxx's case has some merit. I do see some re-hashing of cases, and the fact he ignored Slaxx's vote altogether looks bad. Slaxx's vote isn't the only event he ignored either, and Petroleumjelly says that's because he has nothing to say about things going on. PetroleumJelly's cases look like opportunistic scumhunting, that is, making cases after bandwagons have formed.

I expect you to answer the cases against you. You have largely been ignoring them. Can you not see how scummy it is to ignore an accusation? And as I reread that portion of the thread, I realized you responded to Slaxx's question that was coupled with a vote. That was my bad. I think I was referring to you not answering Slaxx's cases against you. He didn't fully present his case until after his vote. Those are the posts you weren't answering. And I'm REALLY not liking how you're responding now to your bandwagon.

@mod and players
I don't think PJ is at L-1. The votecount was incorrect. Marble's vote is not PJ.

I am willing to switch my vote to PetroleumJelly. Everyone here should know my position on PJ by now.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Peabody »

PetroleumJelly wrote:Ooh, hi, Peabody!

Hi petroleumjelly. I like your recent posts. Now to answer your question:

PJ, I don't like how, when you thought you were at L-1, you refused to claim. I understand now that the bandwagon WAS dismantled, and guess what? Yay, you don't have to claim. Anyway, the main deal I did not like about you're response to the bandwagon comes to this post:
PJ wrote:Slaxx asked for "dying FoSs," actually. I am not dying, nor do I plan on it.

Of course, in the unlikely event I am lynched, then yes: I will surely point a few fingers in my last breath if I manage to catch the thread before the mod closes it. Until then, I am going just going to play normally.

This post concerns me. I don't know how to put this concern into words except I've posted something quite similar to this. As scum.

And the case Slaxx posted I expected you to respond to was post 220. Your next post just ignored it. I brought up your failure to answer in my post 228. Actually, my post 228 was mostly a sheep with some of my own stuff put on there, but it was enough to cause me to vote you... for 19 minutes.

I don't know if its just your play style or an alignment tell, but you withhold your thoughts when prodded in the name of conciseness. This is shown in multiple posts of yours:
petroleumjelly 190 wrote:
Slaxx, Post 188 wrote:Hey petrol, you have any other comments? Like a stance on the miller reaction test?

I only ask because the only thing you have done is come on and lightly supplement cases on the most controversial players.

None I feel compelled to post, or else I would have posted them. As for MarchHare's claim, suffice it to say that I do not find it scummy.

PJ 255 wrote:I am not going to post more against Marble101 just because you ask me to. If I happen to have other reasons to vote for him, I will mention them. Currently, he is close to adding fencesitting to his repertoire, but I am not yet comfortable it is legitimate enough for me to confirm my vote over.

PJ 289 wrote:Hi, chkflip. If I felt I had a reason to FoS somebody, I would just do it. I do not FoS on request.

I understand all of these responses have different contexts, and you probably have something to say about each one of them, but you constantly say that you will not post *insert whatever opinion here* because people ask you to. Is this just a hill you choose to die on? You tend to mention this quite a bit.

---------
Now a couple of thoughts concerning others:
1) I've observed MarchHare's lack of content and constant sheeping.
2) I'm not so sure about LittleGrey yet. Her bogus case against me is not sitting well with me. PJ vocalized this. I've been thinking about LG since her first post.
3) And
Marble
, you have not answered my question yet:
I wrote:
This is VERY important: When exactly did you 'wonder' about the possibility of multiple scum factions?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Peabody »

V/LA until 6/11

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. I'm keeping my vote on Marble.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Peabody »

Hello everyone.

Marble claiming cop was surprising to me. I'm gonna
unvote Marble

Parama's catch-up posts look town.

I'm not convinced of the Bezuk/jilynn votes. I had a town read on Bezuk for a lot of the game, and that is based on the case he made against me during the Imat bandwagon. Why wouldn't Bezuk take the opportunity to hop on that bandwagon? Instead he voted me, who jumped off the bandwagon. I expected a larger bandwagon on me after that, but it was only him who vote me, and his case had some good points.

I do have to say that I like the CMAR vote. I was suspicious of chkflip to begin with (as shown here, and I think it'd be a good lynch.

Some things that wouldn't be conclusively scummy, but are nice little supporting evidences that help:
1) The 'QT' slip.
2) The vote on Marble. (Not EVERYONE who voted Marble after the claim is scum, but I think a scum would take an opportunity to lynch a claimed cop).
Specifically, this post in combination with this post. How can you be so sure of a slip while allowing the possibility of a Marble-town to the point of suspecting someone for voting him?

vote CryMeARiver

Slaxx 383 wrote:Pretty sure IS is town.

IS and March and Marble are strongest town-reads. Bez was a big town read but it was me derping. I thought he had hopped off a big bandwagon onto a smaller one but he never did that. So Bez+Petro works well, along with one of our many lurkers. If I had to guess I would still say Parama+Imat are also town, though not as strong as the other three.

Slaxx, why was MarchHare one of your strongest reads at the time of your post?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

IS wrote:I always cringe when I see reasoning like this. "But if he was scum, he would have done X". If he was scum, he WOULDNT do X because then otherwise you would have noticed as you have already said in your argument.

Point taken.

My main point for thinking he is town is the actual case itself against me. I guess I didn't push that angle of the argument as well as I should have.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Peabody »

Slaxx wrote:
LittleGrey wrote:
Mist7676 wrote:Ya I have something to see. On Monday I'm going v/la for a whole week so Let's try to finish this now.
I'm a vanilla townie by the way.

What?
There's no use in claiming now and now I'm wondering whether or not to take you seriously. /facepalm.

DO I SMELL SUBTLE ROLEFISHING

^ This.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Peabody »

Mist7676 wrote:
Also I'm going v/la till next saturday.

:eek:

Slaxx wrote:Marble is cop. Jolly jilly is mafia roleblocker. Moving on.

I'm going to reread Bezuk in iso and actually look at the case. To be honest, I don't fully understand the case against him or jilynne. A reread will help me out there.

Slaxx, can you please answer the question I asked in my previous post?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Peabody »

Slaxx wrote:Wait why the fuck is littlegrey on my townlist.

I was thinking the same thing. :roll:

My town reads are stronger than my scum reads at this point.

LittleGrey wrote:Two scum kills? And one of them their roleblocker. Nice going Parama if that was you.

This post... It looks fishy. Kind of like the congratulating the doctor scumtell.

Internet Stranger, Marble101, Slaxx, and MarchHare are all town.

I briefly skimmed most of this game.

Observations: No flipped mafia jumped on either the PJ or Imat or Marble wagon. I'm assuming the hidden mafia did jump on at least one of these wagons.

PJ asked for a prod on E_lou_sive. He also hopped off of a Marble bandwagon. Why draw attention to a scumbuddy? I'm also seeing the PJ/jilynne spat on page 21.

Ultimately I'm fine lynching either Mist/CryMeaRiver/chikflip, LittleGrey, PetroleumJelly or Imat today, but Mist is scum, so lets lynch dat one.

vote Mist
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Peabody »

Slaxx wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:
Vote Count:
Petroleumjelly [1] : Imat,
Marble101 [5] :
Peabody
Parama
CryMeARiver
MarchHare
jilynne1991
jilynne1991 [4] :
Slaxx
Marble101
Internet Stranger
E_Lou_Sive
Not Voting: [2] : petroleumjelly, LittleGrey,
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Okay so here is the most telling vote count.

Cop claim Vs. Mafia Goon.

One of those three oranges are scum. There is no way in hell Marble or IS is scum. I doubt 2 Scum would be on a scum lynch with 5 votes on it.

Psst. I was V/LA while Marble claimed.

I'm surprised at IS's recent vote. I still feel better lynching Mist.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Peabody »

Marble101 wrote:I will hvote if you guys really think (s)he is scum

Double pssst. In the future, you should try to think more for youself and vote how you want to vote. Willingness to follow the town can be perceived as scummy. You've done this in a lot of posts.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Peabody »

Internet Stranger wrote:Dont listen to threats from Peabody.

Uhh, I wasn't threatening Marble.

Meh. I'm gonna have to read MarchHare iso before a hammer. If I'm not convinced, my vote is back on Mist.
unvote
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Peabody »

Meh.

I read through part of MarchHare's iso, and I keep wifoming myself. Over and over. Hypothetical MarchHare!Scum bussed his teammates fairly early with great accuracy when not a whole lot of suspicion was on them in 294 and 295 back to back needlessly. If MarchHare IS scum, his vote switch from a mafia goon to a mafia roleblocker WOULD fit his modus operandi. However, if jilynne were the imminent lynch, MarchHare!scum chose not to be on that wagon. 'Bussing' points would not be given to MarchHare unless both E_lou_sive AND jilynne flip. Since jilynne was the imminent lynch, MarchHare!Scum would be
endangering
himself rather than ingratiating himself to the town by jumping off of a scum wagon. It's unlikely that he knew E_Lou_Sive would be vigged and his flip would give him town cred.

Mist is a better lynch.

vote Mist

But yeah... a claim is better before any sort of hammer.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Peabody »

LittleGrey wrote:In the meantime we could post our reads on the people who are still alive. Something could come up instead of just waiting around for a roleclaim that may be unbelievable or useless for our situations.

Town: Marble, PJ
Leaning Town: Slaxx, Imat
Null: IS
Leaning Scum: Peabody
Scum: MarchHare, Mist

@Mod: There are 3 people dead, not 0. And there are 9 people who are still alive.

Care to explain your reads?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Peabody »

@mod
Also, LittleGrey is voting MarchHare. Not Misty.

LittleGrey, are your reads mostly from gut or do you actually have objective reasons for your reads? You posted the same reasoning for Slaxx and Imat as town as you did with IS for the neutral read.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Peabody »

Mist is
reeking
scum. Mist, good job coming back to the game when the noose is halfway around your neck, ignoring questions, and placing a bad vote on MarchHare. I see you want to get on Internet Stranger's good side.

Instead of saying much relevant to the game, you talk theory. You ask about night actions. It looks like you want to know if you were tracked. :roll:

Before anyone hammers, I want a claim.

Also, on a different note:
Marble wrote:Sadly, I am going to India and as a result, I declare a V/LA: June 19th to July 15th
I will be able to post and read through, however I have no idea when. There might be a couple days in a row I can't post. But I will try.

V/LA for a month? I'm just hoping you'll be able to post frequently enough to keep up with this game.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Peabody »

I REALLY hope the last anti-town force is mafia because if it's serial killer, ANY of my reads can be wrong.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Peabody »

I don't think 'coasting' is the best word to describe my play. I helped find Mist!scum, and I was wary of chikfip on day 1. I even reread some MarchHare when you called him out and posted my ideas. Sheesh.

IS, I'm not understanding your train of thought here:
IS wrote:If Marble was scum, he would have to kill a confirmed innocent every night from here on out to get into lylo wifom time. Otherwise, he paints himself into a corner and loses since we would run out of cleared suspects and it would come back to him.

IS wrote:Even if we play follow the cop until the end, we can just continue to lynch the scummiest "cleared" person until we get to lylo and we take a shot with the best odds.

Are you suggesting Marble is faking cop and painting himself in a corner? If Marble IS a fake cop, why would you help him kill the cleared innocents? (And I'm severly doubting Marble is fake. For balance purposes, it would make sense in a 4 scum or 3 scum and a serial killer setup that a cop would be involved. And Marble didn't get a counterclaim.)
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Peabody »

I'm on my iPhone right now posting, but I have been out of town for the past couple days for a wedding. I'd be good with a mass claim. It would be helpful in deciding who to lynch. I'm frustrated at the votes against me now due to the lack of any sort of case. The only help a process of elimination vote (without scum hunting) is a flip.

Give better reasons than saying "he's been scummy".
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Peabody »

The fact that we have to go back to a day 1 mentality is frustrating. I'm assuming the cop reports will be useless.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Peabody »

I will volunteer to claim first, considering I already had 2 votes on me today. When we get a MarchHare replacement or MarchHare suddenly pops in, we can start.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Peabody »

Actually, I was just second-guessing myself if a mass claim was the best option for a 6:1 situation. What if we only have one power role left? Wouldn't that mass-claim make it so there are no clears on a 3 man lylo if that situation were to occur? I will still claim if everyone still wants to, but I want everyone to think this through.

6:1 situation: One cop and possibly a doc, 4 townies, 1 scum/sk or whatever. We'd lynch a townie, and if we're wrong, doc will die that night. Next day, another townie will be lynched, and cop dies that night. And check that out... we have no clears in a lylo. We can't let that happen, especially with our awesome record so far. If there's another power role, we might be hunky-dory, but if not, maybe a mass-claim isn't best.

P.S. I know you want us to cut the chatter and get something going, but we have to talk about this, Internet Stranger. This is our next step to SCUM-CLEANSING. And if we mass-claimed, you won't claim?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Peabody »

Sooo... no one has anything to say about my post?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Peabody »

beck wrote:2. if the cop isn't scum, than peabody is definitely on my list. Main reasons why he never really provides any of his own original thoughts on reads on anyone, he just sort of goes along and agrees with everyone. Looking through the vote counts he is on a good part of every wagon with the exception of the lynch of jily.
The more telling thing is he comes and votes for misty and once the wagon comes on, follows IS's suspicions and unvotes to look at the case on my player slot but decides to return to the misty wagon after parroting other people's comments.

Hi Beck. When someone fos's a person, I investigate the fos and obtain an opinion on that player. That's my playstyle. You can check out my meta if you like. If there is considerable suspicion on someone, I'm going to investigate the case and post my opinion. Unfortunately I wasn't the first to post my Imat vote based on his careful posting toward the beginning of the game. The Marble slip was huge. PJ just looked bad for a while. I was sure of my Bezuk town read. I was going to push a LittleGrey vote today, but she's dead.

You should probably read my iso a little better. My reasons for voting someone are not mere sheeping, though sheeping is okay at times and sometimes necessary. I have reasons for my votes.

An example of original thinking? One example is when I unvoted Imat due to my read on chkflip. I DERAILED that wagon. And I tunneled chkflip pretty hard for a while. What about my PJ/Marble scumteam callout?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Peabody »

I will claim when someone posts an intent to hammer.

Imat's. ENTIRE. 832. I think Imat is sk based on the fact he was testing the waters for tomorrow's lynch and possibly the next day after that. Planning the town's lynches would be smooth sailing for a 1 vs 6 setup. He's most probably sk before scum, and this is just based on the fact that chkflip bussed him, though I will not throw out that possibility.

Marble is real cop, and his investigations are probably . I'd expect a cc if he is otherwise. E_Lou_Sive might have blocked Marble but was shot before the block took place.

vote Imat

This being back to day zero, I'd say this is a good lynch.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

petroleumjelly wrote:Peabody, why were you willing to start off a mass-claim, but you are not willing to claim when at L-1?

If no one posts an intent to hammer, there's no need to claim. A mass claim is a different story. It would be bad to claim unnecessarily unless it's in the event of a mass claim. Also, if you remember, I proposed to save the mass claim for tomorrow. If I must claim, I will. Someone just needs to say 'I'm going to hammer.'
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

Slaxx wrote:
Marble is real cop, and his investigations are probably . I'd expect a cc if he is otherwise. E_Lou_Sive might have blocked Marble but was shot before the block took place.

Doesn't work like that I don't think. Kills are the last thing to get resolved in normal resolution.

And we don't know this for sure.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Peabody »

Imat wrote:So here's the real problem: If, on any other day, somebody had asked somebody who they would prefer to lynch and how they would react to that player's role, it would have been fine. People are wondering where other players are at, some want confirmation of their own suspicions, others want to know if they missed something. Now it is anathema. I would point out that nothing has changed. If the SK would ask those questions today, they would be asking the same questions, for the same reasons, yesterday. And yet Day 1 and Day 2, which saw this behavior, aren't being scrutinized. Wouldn't it actually be more beneficial to check out the previous days, when the SK knew he/she was safe from scrutiny? They could easily target those most Town-like, seeing as how we've all been making nice, detailed lists for them, which wouldn't really narrow down our suspect pool in the slightest. But to ask those same questions now is simply asking for scrutiny. The SK wants to lie low, stay off radars as long as possible. I ask you, does that post look like something you would post in an attempt to "lay low?" It doesn't to me.

Lining up lynches is different than making a list of who you think is scummiest.

Beck wrote:
Peabody wrote:I REALLY hope the last anti-town force is mafia because if it's serial killer, ANY of my reads can be wrong.

why would you make this statement at all?

It was made out of frustration. I had a mega town read on IS, Marble and Slaxx. We made so much progress as a town. Having a scum not aligned with the previous scum means the game could go anywhere.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm going to reread Imat either today or tomorrow. I had a general leaning town read from him based on his case against PJ back in the day. I need to make sure I'm doing the right thing here.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Peabody »

Imat wrote:I'll post my personal Peabody case when I return.

I'm assuming you don't HAVE a personal case or else you would have posted it already. Making cases up as you go along is putting on blinders to the truth. It's called tunneling. A person can say anything and then make a case to prove it. For example, I can just say a banana is like a lawyer and then make up crap to support my case. If this is the way you choose to condemn me, admit it and forget it.

Ok, now onto the Imat iso.

Is this what you were referring to, Beck, by this 'no matter my alignment' talk?
Imat 74 wrote:
Finally...You can't "break" Town, so you aren't gonna get anywhere with me. If you truly are this fantastic player, which has some merit I'll admit, why not focus on getting the actual Scum? Or, if you believe I'm Scum, at least use the rest of this Day to out Scum for tomorrow's lynch.
If I truly am Scum, clearly people will act differently towards me depending on alignment.
Put your skills to use for an easy Town win.

Imat wrote:
I will say this: No matter my alignment, there is almost guaranteed to be Scum voting for me right now.
Look into it before you lynch, could lead to an easy Town win, like I've said before.

This is the post that gave me a Imat town read back in the day:
Imat 254 wrote:This also goes against his own logic. If me repeating that I want discussion is "useless and counterproductive," how is repeating that you want somebody lynched any better? Time and again you've voted for an already suspected player, but Marble was different. It didn't take an expert to see that Marble could be scum questioning the existence of a second scum, and I've gone back and forth on Marble's alignment every time I try to post, yet you pointed it out as your entire argument and left it at that. This was such an obvious thing, you thought you had a lynch in the bag. Didn't even have to read any of his posts beyond the one to form your evidence. I believe it was chkflip who accused me of Scum Skimming, and I think that is exactly what happened here. You spotted an easy BW and ran with it.

This case one PJ looks legit, and from that point forward, I considered Imat a town read until recently. The fact that he said he was wavering between reads on Marble helped me out because there was a lot of confusion on Marble at that time.

However, I also see A LOT of theory talk which I've seen in scum before (talk about second votes, how 'discussion' helps, whether Marble was noobtown/noobscum/or even pro scum, etc).

Lining up lynches for the next couple days caught my attention today, and the 'regardless of my alignment' talk/theory talk is icing on my case. That was a good find by Beck.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Peabody »

IS, just answer Beck's questions. You aren't helping the town this way.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Peabody »

Marble, let me know before you hammer me, so I can claim.

Beck wrote:I dont understand why everyone excuses this behavior.

I'm not really excusing it. It is odd that he's not answering your questions, but I guess I'm used to it because once he has his mind on something he'll keep tunnel-vision on it. He's voting me because I'm the closest lynch. I'm not opposed to rereading IS. He's been on my town read list until the mention of the possibility of a serial killer.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Peabody »

Beck wrote:I don't even know what being a "role player" means

Me neither. I thought it was a good thing.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

Beck wrote:I'm interested in peabody's eagerness to mass claim but refuses to claim at L-1

Hope this answers your question:
I wrote:
If no one posts an intent to hammer, there's no need to claim. A mass claim is a different story. It would be bad to claim unnecessarily unless it's in the event of a mass claim. Also, if you remember, I proposed to save the mass claim for tomorrow. If I must claim, I will. Someone just needs to say 'I'm going to hammer.'

This lynch is senseless. Are you intending to hammer? I'd rather you wait to hammer me until Imat posts his case and I claim.

I have NOTHING to respond to here. There's no case against me, and that's pretty frustrating. Beck, I encourage you to look at my meta (if you're into meta) and see that my playstyle is the same as my last game because I'm the same alignment. I tend to listen to people's cases and look into how true they are. That's my playstyle.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #47) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Peabody »

IS admits he has no case on me. Slaxx doesn't have a case on me, and Imat never posted his.

You can imagine how frustrating it is to be at the end of a rope.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (isolation #48) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Peabody »

IS wrote:Bah, just lynch peabody, we won't need a replacement if we win the game.

You just went from shotgun approach, mowing down everyone to thinking I'm scum. That's inconsistent. I'm rereading you and seeing if I can get a new angle on this game.

And PJ, we obviously aren't mass claiming today. Two claims will hurt the town unless EVERYONE claims.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Peabody »

Well, if we are gonna mass claim, lets do it. Otherwise, I'm not claiming until someone intends to hammer.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Peabody »

PJ, you didn't vote for me, so who do you fos?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

Who is scum?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Peabody »

I'm a vanilla townie.

Sheesh. Good luck town!
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Peabody »

PJ wrote:So much for my solid Town read on you. Why did you post this? Seriously. I want your thought-process. This is so cheesy I can hardly believe it came from you.

I don't know. I didn't think much about it to recall exactly what I was thinking. Slaxx said consider his vote still on me. Beck said he would hammer. That could have been my last post. Looking back on it, it was pretty cheesy. Hahahaha. There was probably a little 'maybe they'll change their minds' in there.

But if anyone else claims today (i.e. if someone decides not to hammer), I request that it is a mass claim.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Peabody »

Slaxx wrote:No, there is no reason to claim right before hammer. Mass claim helps eliminate suspects, it should be at the start of the day, not at the end.

That's what I'm saying. I'd be frustrated if I'm not lynched and we force another claim without it being a mass claim.

So my request is to either lynch me for the day or start a mass claim. Please no more claims.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #55) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Peabody »

Slaxx wrote:I was honestly expecting some elaborate fake claim, I can't tell whether to feel fooled and mocked or proud of myself.

Haha, I was trying to make it sound like I was something important, so I would be night killed. That's one of the best things for a VT to do imo, but I wouldn't lie on a real claim.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #56) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Peabody »

I ask that the town consider all options tomorrow. Thanks.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #57) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Peabody »

Guess again.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (isolation #58) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Peabody »

Is it cheesy to say good luck now?

I trust that we'll win this one.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #59) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Peabody »

I am typing this on my phone at work, so it's brief. Look at Imat and Internet Stranger. I've been weary of the latter as if late, but I don't have a case on him. I think Marble is real. Beck has been stepping up lately though I was wondering about his predecessor. Slaxx is leaning town. PJ is also leaning town. It's possible however thatthe SK avoided this wagon, but that's an underdeveloped hypothesis.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #60) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Peabody »

But definitely look at Imat and IS
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Peabody »

Good job everyone! Slaxx had me fooled.. Actually, after I died, I convinced myself that PJ was the SK and I was hoping PJ would be lynched rather than IS.

Even though the setup was stacked against us, we pulled through surprisingly well.

Yay for our rockstar town!
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

So... the mafia didn't do anything? Lame. Dang Slaxx, you were the one doing everything! Hahaha.

Oh well. I had fun even though there were a lot of replacements.

Also, DK, you should really read the thread when you come into a game. I would have been uneasy if you would have made it to lylo.

GG's everyone.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”