Newbie 1112 ÔÇô Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1112 – Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Uite »

Welcome to Newbie 1112 everyone!

You rise from your bed after a restless sleep. You've been hearing a lot of rumours of the Mafia being active in your little town lately. The dream you had this night made it all the more real, as you saw your friends being murdered one by one before your sleeping eyes. Now that you're awake, you're resolved to get to the bottom of the matter. Good luck!

Living players:

BS2000

camn
Katsuki
(SE)
hiplop
easjo682
(SE)

The • indicates the number of prods that player has received

Dead players:

racerman13
Vanilla Townie
, was Lynched Day 1

kondi2424
juanpa899
Abatedfungus
sinani206
Vanilla Townie
, was Lynched Day 2

Nobody Special
chkflip
(IC),
Vanilla Townie
, was Killed Night 2

SigmaEXE003
brokenscraps
Spadille
Mafia Rolecop
, was lynched Day 4

Johhog
Vanilla Townie
, was Killed Night 4

FourseenCircumstance
glowball
theperson
Mafia Goon
, was Lynched Day 5

Game links:

Day 1 Start
camn
replaces
Katsuki
Day 1

Abatedfungus
replaces
sinani206
Day 1

glowball
replaces
theperson
Day 1

brokenscraps
replaces
Spadille
Day 1

juanpa899
replaces
Abatedfungus
Day 1

Day 1 Votecounts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
Day 1 End
hiplop
replaces
easjo682
Night 1

Day 2 Start
SigmaEXE003
replaces
brokenscraps
Day 2

kondi2424
replaces
juanpa899
Day 2

FourseenCircumstance
replaces
glowball
Day 2

Day 2 Votecounts: 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th
Day 2 End
Nobody Special
replaces
chkflip
Night 2

Day 3 Start
Day 3 Votecounts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
Day 3 End
Day 4 Start
Day 4 Votecounts: 1st, 2nd
Day 4 End
Day 5 Start
Day 5 Votecounts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Game End
Last edited by Uite on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 am, edited 37 times in total.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Uite »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay:

1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  2. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
  4. Prods of missing players will be issued after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. Any player who fails to post in-thread within 48 hours of being prodded may be replaced.
  5. A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  6. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  7. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.

During the Day:

1. Each Day will have a strict three-week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
  2. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  3. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
  4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  5. Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
  6. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: Player).
  7. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. UNVOTE: Player or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but are appreciated.
  8. You may VOTE: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  9. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  10. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.

During the Night:

1. Each Night will have a strict 72-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
  2. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  3. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

Miscellaneous:

1. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

2. Purple
    text is reserved for the Mod.
  3. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
  4. You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
  5. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  6. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Uite »

The setup for this game is 2of4, which is the new Newbie setup. One of the following four possibilities will be selected before the game starts:

Each game will have at least the following roles:
  • 1 Mafia Goon
  • 1 Mafia Rolecop
  • a minimum of 5 Vanilla Townies

Furthermore, two roles will be picked at random out of the following four, with no duplicates:
  • Sane
    Town Cop
  • Town Doctor
  • Town Jailkeeper
  • a 6th Vanilla Townie

This leads to the following six possibilities:
  1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Cop, Doctor.
  2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Cop, Jailkeeper.
  3. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper.
  4. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Cop.
  5. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.
  6. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor.

[A]
denotes an
active ability
; it may be used once per Night by the player possessing the ability.
[F]
denotes a
factional ability
; it is shared by all members of the faction possessing the ability, but only one member may use it on a given Night.

Sample Mafia Rolecop Role PM:
Welcome to Newbie 1112,
Player1
! You are a
Mafia Rolecop
, along with your partner
Player2
, who is a
Mafia Goon

[A] Inspect
— You may target one player every Night to
inspect
; you will learn the role name of your target at the start of the following Day. If you are blocked, you will receive "no result" instead.
[F] Kill
— Either you or your partner may target one player every Night to
kill
[F] Nighttalk
— You and your partner may communicate with each other during the Night in this QuickTopic.

You win when the Mafia outnumber the Town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by returning a PM with the name of your role.

Sample Mafia Goon Role PM:
Welcome to Newbie 1112,
Player1
! You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with your partner
Player2
, who is a
Mafia Rolecop

[F] Kill
— Either you or your partner may target one player every Night to
kill
[F] Nighttalk
— You and your partner may communicate with each other during the Night in this QuickTopic.

You win when the Mafia outnumber the Town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by returning a PM with the name of your role.

Sample Town Cop Role PM:
Welcome to Newbie 1112,
Player
! You are a
Town Cop

[A] Investigate
investigate
; you will learn whether your target is "guilty" or "innocent" at the start of the following Day. If you are blocked, you will receive "no result" instead.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town aligned player is alive.

Sample Town Doctor Role PM:
Welcome to Newbie 1112,
Player
! You are a
Town Doctor

[A] Protect
— You may target one other player every Night to
protect
; that player will be protected from a kill that Night.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town aligned player is alive.

Sample Town Jailkeeper Role PM:
Welcome to Newbie 1112,
Player
! You are a
Town Jailkeeper

[A] Guard
guard
; that player will be both unable to perform his or her Night action and be protected from a kill that Night.

Sample Vanilla Townie Role PM:
Welcome to Newbie 1112,
Player
! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities, but your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Uite »

Role PM's have been sent.

When 8 out of 9 players have confirmed, I will reopen the thread.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Uite »

I'm still missing
easjo682
and
Katsuki
's confirmations, but I'm going to go ahead and start the game anyway. If I don't have their confirmations within 24 hours, I'll start looking for replacements.

BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 am

Post by BS2000 »

Hello everyone, I'm BS2000.

I'm a total newb to mafiascum. I have played before on another forum, but it was only 1 game and I was killed N1 :(

I'm looking forward to getting this game started, especially since it seemed to take longer than usual. I'm also hoping we don't have to have too many replacements. I should be able to post a few times a day.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:29 am

Post by theperson »

Hey all!

I'm theperson, and an SE in this game. I have 4 games on this site.

VOTE: BS2000 for being the first on the list in alphabetical order, and posting before me.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Johhog »

God, Uite, you start just when I'm going to be V/LA.
I'm V/LA until June 8 around 18.00 GMT +2.
VOTE: Katsuki because you were in a hydra with GreyICE in "There will be bloodshed" so you're a name i recognize.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Johhog »

Might add that I'm Swedish, so some extra coolness points to me. ^_^
Have played on a Swedish site before, but that's all, so I'm a total newb here.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:52 am

Post by racerman13 »

My first game here, hope the game goes well.

VOTE: Johhog
for being V/LA.
sinani206
sinani206
Townie
sinani206
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by sinani206 »

VOTE: theperson because no one is voting for him yet. I have played on TeamLiquid before.
sinani206
sinani206
Townie
sinani206
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by sinani206 »

Wait why isn't the vote working?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by easjo682 »

not voting in rvs

@sinani, did you put bold tags around your vote?
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by BS2000 »

VOTE: Johhog
Can't trust you crazy swedes.
easjo682 wrote:not voting in rvs

Any particular reason why?
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by racerman13 »

I've read through a few games, so I won't point fingers this early in the game, but not voting in rvs sounds a bit scummy. It is a newbie game, though.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by easjo682 »

BS2000 wrote:VOTE: Johhog
Can't trust you crazy swedes.
easjo682 wrote:not voting in rvs

Any particular reason why?

RVS has no purpose other than to fill time until conversation starts

also can those people without avatars get one, it makes it much easier (esp later on) to read through and identify who is saying what.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by chkflip »

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY NOW. [/Outkast]

Hello all, name's chkflip and I'll be your residing Inexperience-Challenged, or IC, player for Newbie 1112. Spadille, easjo, katsuki, and theperson are all Semi-Exprienced, or SE, which only means that they've completed just enough games (at least two) to not be considered fresh-off-the-boat newbies anymore. Being IC only means that I've personally obtained 3 months tenure and completed 5 full mafia games on this website. My sole purpose (aside from catching scum like the rest of you) is to assure the newbies that we've been in their shoes and help them get off their feet, have a good time here at MafiaScum, understand the game/mechanic, etc. Any questions can be answered within due course so don't be afraid to step up and say something if you're confused at any time.

NINJA'd
: You don't
have
to, but I would highly suggest getting an avatar to anyone who hasn't gotten one yet. It helps the game by distinguishing your posts from the rest with a simple 100x100 image and gives us an idea of your personality. Totally win-win, amirite?

sinani206 wrote:Wait why isn't the vote working?

NINJA'd
: Good question, sinani. It's not that your vote isn't "working," per se, it's that we have a certain way of doing the votes on MafiaScum.

Code: Select all

[vote]PlayerName[/vote] or [b]Vote: PlayerName[/b]

Both ways are perfectly acceptable ways to vote.

For any newbie unaware, the very start of the game is called the Random Voting Stage (RVS). All this is used for is to park a random vote for silly (if any) reasoning just to get the game underway. Sometimes this stage is accompanied by the Random Question Stage (RQS) where players will try to get a feel for one another by asking questions pertaining to time zones, play style, game theory, or anything else they possible think of.

Anyone super interested in the game should also want to check out MafiaScum's diverse wiki or abbreviations, some town/scum tells (that are arguably "out of date" but still spotted herein), and of course Being a Good IC if they want to make sure I'm doing my job right. ;D

BS2000 wrote:I'm also hoping we don't have to have too many replacements.

This is also my hope; unfortunately, sometimes real-life matters come up that are beyond our control (which I can personally attest to), among other things, and there will be replacements for such happenings. Especially in Newbie Games. I implore that everyone try their hardest to stick to the game as that makes everything much easier, but I wouldn't be too surprised if this game has a good number of replacements before it's all said and done.

NINJA'd
: You did, however, bring up a fair question to easjo that I too would like to see answered. Good call.

easjo wrote:RVS has no purpose other than to fill time until conversation starts

We can agree to disagree, but RVS has a few reasons to exist. If it didn't... it wouldn't.
Town points for going against the grain, though. I like that.

@racerman
:
It's never too early to point the finger of suspicion. Just so you know, though, hesitation and apprehension are scum-traits. You scum, bro? ;)

Parking a second vote to start a wagon in RVS, though optimal (because wagons get us more information than anything else this early in the game), I'd like to request that we move the wagon to someone that'll more likely respond to us
today
instead of on the 8th.

VOTE: Spadille
I miss your trollface avatar. Why'd you change it?

Oh, and for the record, ninja'd just means that someone else got to that particular thing before I did. Thrice over in one post... bah.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Spadille »

@chkflip
Because I can. And monkies are awesome.

VOTE: chkflip because I hate self-hammerers (GRUDGE)
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

I actually hadn't realized it was hammer, so I totally don't blame you.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by easjo682 »

chkfliip wrote:We can agree to disagree, but RVS has a few reasons to exist. If it didn't... it wouldn't.

what reasons other than the hopes that it will develop into conversation does it have, because in all my playing I've never come across a game where it could've done without it.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

Raskol wrote:The town starts out with zero information in most games.

Information has to be generated somehow, and regardless of how it's done it will have very little content because there's no information to produce content
with

The only solution to the RVS that doesn't involve something just as annoying as the RVS is to start the game off with some information, I think.

Hopes that it will develop into conversation? You're developing conversation with your innate disdain for the phase... which in turn is what it's used for. So even though you're going against the mainstream, you're still helping RVS right along by giving an actual opinion.

How long does "all my playing" consist of?

p.s. the CSS in your signature isn't working. That's awkward. >.<
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by BS2000 »

easjo682 wrote:
what reasons other than the hopes that it will develop into conversation does it have, because in all my playing I've never come across a game where it could've done without it.

Well conversation has to start somehow. Maybe you can ask everyone some questions to get the game moving?

Also Katsuki is the only one that hasn't posted but he/she has definitely been posting in other games since this one has started.
Lurking duly noted.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by chkflip »

Good call.

UNVOTE: Spadille
VOTE: Katsuki

Let's do this.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Spadille »

VOTE: Katsuki

Also, although I am an SE, don't expect me to be as good as you are thinking. I technically finished only 1 game because I was replaced in 2 of my games.

Also, I would like to start an RQS

1.)What's your timezone?
2.)You are scum, explain how will you play the day off.
3.)You are town, how will you find scum in RVS?
4.)Have you played games before?
5.)You are given a power to have a day kill, when will you use it and how will you use it?
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
sinani206
sinani206
Townie
sinani206
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:38 am

Post by sinani206 »

OK then.
VOTE: theperson

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”