Would this work? Would this be fun?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:35 am

Post by Stewie »

I think it could, if you have a good way to find out if the players really got that score.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:56 am

Post by Stewie »

anyone can press "Print Scrn SysRq" and paste it into paint, then save it and upload it into glpics, but then again, anyone like me, with PhotoShop Pro 7, can edit the picture to make the results look bigger. I once did it while ago and amazed myself with how smooth I can make it.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:04 pm

Post by Stewie »

It's next to the F12 key, but iMacs and eMacs don't have it, afaik. But I'm sure that there's a way to get a still of your screen. And I believe it would be easier to edit with a Mac.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:23 pm

Post by Stewie »

That would suck, since it would be kinda random. If you can get a way to verify someone's score, it would be great to go at higher score.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:20 am

Post by Stewie »

If you ask me, you can't really trust the players tellying you the score, but I don't think anyone would go to the trouble of selecting around a number and copying in a way that it doesn't appear fake. If you show me a game, I will show you how I can cheat in it, but I wouldn't do it in the actual game. The reason is probably that if you just send the number, you write it and click send, and that's it. However, if you send the score in a faked screenshot, that gives the player time to thing about what they are doing.

Another solution is getting a game that has several levels that all look different in the starting screen. the players have to take a screenshot of that, and then you award the player that got further ahead. The only problem I can see with this is that you should always get further than all the players.

The last method I can think of is sites that you make accounts in and the site keeps record of your highest score in each game. The players would make an account (and extra one, if they have one already) and give you the password. The player would play the game, and you would check the highscores. The only problem I see with this is that it's time consuing.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”