So, you can't be a mod for three months?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

If you PM mith with a game of experience, you MIGHT be able to pass the Mini Normal/Open queues, but you still need the 3 months, I believe.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

You see, the pace of this site is probably very different from yours. Our game play is also likely very different as well. What worked on your site will probably not work here without some serious revision. We take mafia seriously here.

Also, this is to ensure that people don't immediately /in to mod, then come when they have to mod, they aren't around anymore.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

You see, MS has come up with several ways to break setups over the years. The game you want to mod may fall prey to this (the most infmous being cop + doctor). As well, we may have some roles that would work better for our community.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Breaking setups = finding loopholes. And no, you cannot say THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN until you get several people to look at it.

Just because a game is a theme does not mean it can't be balanced as well. Just post in the review thread in Mafia Discussion that you want someone to look at the setup (if you want someone with said flavour knowledge, make sure to ask for this), and you will get a second opinion from an interested reviewer, about how to fix the setup.

Also stop by the Theme Test thread in Mafia Discussion to see if there is interest.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well, I'm just giving you suggestions. Just that, if you start modding the game, and it hasn't been reviewed, with any new ideas taken into consideration and possibly used, then the game ends up being a total flop, everyone will hate you.

I also would like to recommend the Newbie Queue, in the same area as the Open Queue, for you to get an idea of the site and it's play style.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

It's happened before. Multiple times. Just please, please, if you will take ANY advice I give, take the advice in this thread.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #15 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Stop changing the subject when I get you cornered in a point.

Game breaking is frowned upon here, but it is not a bannable offense, under the "Mod leaked info, it's now public." and "It was already public information, so we should use it." clauses, but feel free to blacklist from these people, but I once again say you shouldn't if you want to fill the game.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #17 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Meh, I guess I'm tired + hungry + it's 2 am + exam week starts today for me.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #21 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:24 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

YamiChan wrote:Oman, those things you quoted are not issues. It really is stupid to hate on someone because one round of Mafia does not go well. And according to the other poster, you have to take Mafia seriously here. She made it sound like if I didn't, I wasn't welcome.

As log as you don't act like an idiot/misguided troll to the posters, you would have been fine.

I suggested punishing members who don't follow the rules and banning people if things got bad enough. That's a valid suggestion, and I'm pretty sure how things are actually supposed to be here. When bullying happens, I do think a mod should step in. When you refuse or make excuses, it can only end badly and get out of control.

Uh, what rules are you talking about?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #22 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #26 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

YamiChan wrote:ani, you have been asked several times to stop. You're not contributing to this topic, but just trying to bait me.

I asked you several times to stop saying "OMG I NEED THIS. I WILL DIE WITHOUT IT."

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #30 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Neruz wrote:by the standards of this forum and the internet, ani is being excruciatingly polite.

this. Like I said, if you can't handle it, get out

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #34 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Neruz wrote:Unless the proof is from Epic Mafia, i guarantee it will eliminate more trouble than it solves. If it
is
Epic Mafia related i suggest you say so and never speak of it ever again. To say that EM has a bad reputation around these parts would be a colossal understatement.

this, this this this this.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #36 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Neruz wrote:A lot of people are acting like children, as is the norm. Hell i'm having to actively restrain myself from acting like a child and it's 4 in the morning so getting any serious emotions out of me at the moment is pretty impressive.

I gave up at 2:30 ish and went to bed.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #38 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Neruz wrote:I've been slowly turning into a vampire over the last few months if my sleep patterns are any indicator, i'm only just starting to get properly tired :P

Ah.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #44 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

The thing is Haylen, I know what will happen when this player gets a single vote on her. I do not want this to happen in any games I'm involved in. I tried being nice, and I consider myself a fairly patient person, but for people that blatantly go about and refuse all advice just because it isn't what they want, I have no patience for these people.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #50 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Eh, RC, it's just that I have no patience for people who waste my time.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #53 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

YamiChan wrote:I've been voted against before.>_> Quite a lot actually. I got hated on where I played Mafia for being new too And then got hated on after the newbie owned all the other players and got MVP.>_> Although, in all four games of Mafia I've played, I've never been successfully lynched.: P

Vig killed? Worse.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #56 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Eh, RC, it's just that I have no patience for people who waste my time.

There is also the option of choosing not to let your time be wasted, and leaving.

Grow up. I know you're 12, but still.

16*

Return to “Solved Requests”