So, you can't be a mod for three months?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Oman »

YamiChan wrote:O_o How stupid to hate someone because a round of Mafia doesn't go well.

YamiChan wrote:I always take Mafia seriously.

I sense an issue here.

Ani wrote:Game breaking is frowned upon here, but it is not a bannable offense, under the "Mod leaked info, it's now public." and "It was already public information, so we should use it." clauses, but feel free to blacklist from these people, but I once again say you shouldn't if you want to fill the game.

I will disagree with this, or perhaps phrase it differently. Game breaking within the rules of the game, turning the game into a coinflip or a numbers game is often regarded as poor setup design, but allowable play. I believe Texas Justice was broken to about a 75% (or I could be pulling that out of my arse) in favour of the town by the beloved Fonz, and that setup isn't run in the same way any more. The town essentially had to play to that strategy every game it maximise win %, which isn't fun. It's not an offense, but it's a fault in the setup.

Yami, I want to highlight that in two separate threads so far you've suggested banning of members. I think it's worth highlighting that MS.net runs a very light hand in terms of moderation of behaviour because A) we're all adults or close enough, and B) the mods are not your parents. People are not going to be banned here for minimal things because we're not that kind of community. We self-moderate in terms of social interaction (kind of like how Ani is doing here with you), and our games are run to strict rules, but in terms of things like avatars, signatures, language, and etiquette it's up to the user to get it right.

I wish you good luck, but I recommend that you review your position and reconsider that this site has run very capably as the largest mafia community for almost a decade, and has been stable and progressive. Our system isn't like what you came from, and we might not have images in sigs and our names might be confusing, but this forum is what it is. When you come to us, you are the bograt, you are the FNG, but you will always be welcome as a part of the crew.

EDIT: and who would've thought Ani would be the voice of reason. Stand proud, kid.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Return to “Solved Requests”