Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 am

Post by whispersilk »

Shucks... I got the first post.

Points to note about me:

1. I am female.
2. I am female.
3. I am female.

That is all.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:05 am

Post by whispersilk »

Because he is stupid. I almost pulled out of this game when I realised he was in it.

Self-voting is bad form DK.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 am

Post by whispersilk »

I'm so glad you unvoted yourself :)
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 am

Post by whispersilk »

Now you're just plain offending my entire gender.

Vote: tyhess
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 am

Post by whispersilk »

DeityKabuto wrote:
whispersilk wrote:Now you're just plain offending my entire gender.

Vote: tyhess

Is this a serious vote?

Of course it isn't. Isn't this the RVS? Do you feel like you need to defend tyhess at this point, if so, why?

Because tyhess' wasn't and I don't see what gender has to do with Mafia. o.o

Is that why you keep referring to me as a guy in the other game we're playing? :P
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:42 am

Post by whispersilk »

You've played with him before too, huh?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 am

Post by whispersilk »

Sky wrote:I'll answer Deity's 20 questions since he feels uncomfortable answering three questions...

Oh yes, he doesn't like answering the tough ones.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:35 am

Post by whispersilk »

Guys, DK is rage posting like he did at me when I called him out for avoiding my question for three pages in our other game. He made similar pleas to avoid a mislynch. Turns out he was town. Not saying he isn't scum or wolf, just saying his play here is almost a mirror of his rage and dodgy behaviour in my other game. He posts like an idiot, and is hard to understand, but I think he should be given a chance to explain himself and clear things up.

So no hammer yet, plzy.

Gonna try and catch up with the other 4 pages I've missed.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:37 am

Post by whispersilk »

DeityKabuto wrote:
whispersilk wrote:
Sky wrote:I'll answer Deity's 20 questions since he feels uncomfortable answering three questions...

Oh yes, he doesn't like answering the tough ones.

You haven't completed any games with me. '-'

I know, but we're coming to the end of that game, and you were a complete ass. The only thing that saved you was a cop's claim.

I'm actually trying to help you here. So shut up, and if you are town, start acting like it or you're gonna get lynched.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:38 am

Post by whispersilk »

I knew I should have subbed out of this game.

/sigh
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 am

Post by whispersilk »

I went to a wedding a couple hundred miles away, and forgot to let the rest of you know before I left. But I'm back and ready to RAAAWR.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:50 am

Post by whispersilk »

By RAAAWR, I mean kick some anti-town ass.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 am

Post by whispersilk »

DeityKabuto wrote:

okay sorry, but I really think that people are being opportunistic here trying to quick lynch me, the day just started

Frankly, I don't blame them. You come off scummy.

Anyway, going to read now.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 am

Post by whispersilk »

BBmolla wrote:
1. What's your prior experience with Mafia at this site? At others Sites? With other players in this game?
2. If a Seer found a werewolf on the first night, would it be better to claim and get a werewolf lynched or not claim and hope they can find the other werewolf before they are killed?

1) This is my second game on this site. I'm currently playing in Newbie 1128 with DK. I've played one game on another forum.
2) I would go with not claiming - unless the seer felt there was a strong possibility he was going to become a target at night. Then it might be wise to speak up.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am

Post by whispersilk »

BBmolla wrote:
@Deity: Could you explain this for me? Voting yourself never helps anyone.

He does a lot of stupid things. Get used to it, but don't assume it means he has an anti-town role.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

Post by whispersilk »

DeityKabuto wrote:

Stop implying that I'm a dumbass...

You
are
a dumbass.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

Post by whispersilk »

Thor665 wrote:@whispersilk - no one is voting tyhess, how do you feel about that?

I don't feel anything. I think there are other players that are attracting more attention, and I'm not surprised he hasn't had any more votes. My vote on him was random, and it will remain there until I decide on a better place for it.

I'm concerned about the early wagon on ray. Could you please explain to me why you think he deserves votes? And is it that you think he should be lynched, or are you just trying to apply pressure?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 am

Post by whispersilk »

DeityKabuto wrote:
whispersilk

Rating:
5/10
Alignment-Read:
Null-town
Notes:

1. I am currently in an Ongoing game with you, you are a skilled Newbie.
2. I want you to post more, seriously. If you are going to be inactive like this you could be Mafia or Werewolf flying under the radar to survive, you have potential~

I'm incapable of flying under any radar. I'm a smart hawt woman, ffs.

DK wrote:I usually rage when I actually am Town and people are lynching me for bad behaviors so EZ without a probable case or anything of that sort.
More than 75% of those on my wagon only provided 1-2 lines of explanation, may not even be full sentences.

Dude, my posts were aimed at educating those in this game that don't have any experience of playing with you. I'm not deaf, so quit hollering.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

Post by whispersilk »

I'm here now. I got busy with rl, then our other game had my attention, due to how riveting it is atm.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

Post by whispersilk »

So what's the dl on these guys DK?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

Post by whispersilk »

Obviously. They would be stupid not to jump on and hope for some dumbass newb to hammer.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:32 am

Post by whispersilk »

This is assuming you are town of course. :)
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:53 am

Post by whispersilk »

I get you. You're being persecuted for no other reason than you play in a weird way, and these guys don't understand that yet.

This middle egg is sooooo scummy looking.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:55 am

Post by whispersilk »

I'll post my reads once I've read everything AGAIN. You know me, I go with my gut, and not with the crowd.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:58 am

Post by whispersilk »

lol, sorry, I meant the middle white egg.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:58 am

Post by whispersilk »

The one to the right of him is clearly stoned.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by whispersilk »

Like I said, I go with my gut and instinct, and not with the crowd. As attractive as your wagon might be Thor, I think I'll hold off vote hopping until I've gained enough of a read on everyone to feel confident I've made the right choice.

Why do you want him to be lynched so bad? Help me understand your point of view here, please, because I don't see it.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 am

Post by whispersilk »

I don't have the experience that most you have and I don't have yet have the skills to pick up on a lot of scum tells. All I have is my gut feeling, and it's worked fairly well for me in the only other game where I was town.

Not sure how helpful or relevant they will be, but here are my feelings so far:

kondi2424
No read on this player at all.

TheFool
anti-town - Something about this guy is off.

Sky
anti-town - This guy too.

DeityKabuto
town - As I've already said, I'm currently in a newbie game with DK. We are both town, and DK is behaving exactly the same way in this game. I also don't think he is smart enough to play an anti-town role. I think his game play would be completely different, I think he would try too hard, and I believe I would pick up on it.

BBmolla
neutral - No comment.

CMPunk
neutral/anti-town - No comment.

FightingShadow
town - Gut feeling.

DonJosh
neutral - No comment.

tyhess
anti-town - Gut feeling.

Ray Montano
neutral - No comment.

Thor665
neutral - No comment.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am

Post by whispersilk »

Yes, your reads are just excellent.

It's hard for me to spell out why I feel the way I do about everyone. A lot of the time it's just something to do with how they have said something, or how they appear to be contributing, but just poke their noses into other peoples debates, and don't really start any of their own. See: TheFool and CMPunk. I guess there are a few traditional thoughts about Mafia that I don't necessarily believe. One being that scum don't start wagons. I'd like to believe Thor is a good scum hunter, and I'm sure he is one when playing a town role, but I don't exclude him from being anti-town in this game just because he's aggressive. I think he is experienced, and probably plays both sides pretty well.

I get the same feeling from both tyhess and Sky. Something about them doesn't sit right with me.

I'll try to elaborate on my feelings as I am able to define them better.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

Post by whispersilk »

How come you're so shit at this game then?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:59 am

Post by whispersilk »

BBmolla wrote:
whispersilk wrote:It's hard for me to spell out why I feel the way I do about everyone.

This to me just says "I'm scum and don't feel like making up cases."
But, whisper is not the lynch for today.

Wow. Did you bother to read the rest of my post? Even tho it's hard for me to define my gut feelings, I still tried to express them in a way that might be helpful, and I did say I would elaborate on those thoughts further. This is only my second game as town; what do you want me to do... just make random shit up like other people?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by whispersilk »

blindfaeth, yay!
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:59 am

Post by whispersilk »

Uhm, there is no "wilderness" player. He was saying "Welcome to the wildernes...".

You crack me up sometimes.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:01 am

Post by whispersilk »

TheFool wrote:Whispersilk, it's concerning the extent to which you've avoided talking about Thor/Ray. It's practically consumed the thread in the last few days; do you not have a read on either of them?

Where have I avoided talking about either of them? I have a neutral read on both of them for very good reason, one of which I've already mentioned. I believe Thor is skilled, and I'm not sold on this Ray wagon. Yes, I know some of you think he is scummy, but I've seen it all before, and it's going to take more to convince me. I do not like the initial reasoning behind the wagon, nor do I like how everyone else, particularly you, jumped on it for no reason. Out of all those who hopped on, it pleases me the DK was the first one to jump off. It's one of the reasons I have a major town read on him at this point. He questioned why he was there in the first place, and decided it made no sense.

Right now for me, Thor and Ray effectively counteract each other, leaving me with a neutral read on both of them, with a slight scum lean on Ray. It's not enough to get my vote yet tho, and I'm more interested in the reads I get off of everyone else who jumped on the wagon. Particularly you. Let me be clear.
I think you are scum.

TheFool wrote:This is very fence-sitty, and basically says nothing. I agree that the ability to scumhunt doesn't clear him as town (there are multiple scumteams this game, so scum can even legitimately scumhunt here), but are you indicating that you think Thor is scummy? It's pretty unclear.

No. If I thought Thor was scum, I would say so. I'm saying that I believe he is skilled at scum hunting, but the fact he is being aggressive in this game does not automatically make him town in my eyes. Is what I said that hard to understand?

TheFool wrote:How do you feel about Ray's unresponsiveness to Thor's case?

I think Ray is defensive, and I think I would be too, after having someone start a campaign of voting on me for no reason. I'm not blind to what has been said, but I guess I'd still like to know why Thor jumped on him just because he made a comment about being away from this site. Am I missing something here?

One other thing I will say about Ray is this: I like his scum reads in post #262. They are pretty much my thoughts exactly.

On to you Fool:

Post 60 - Your first post is this game

Hey everyone, interesting game so far!

Hmmm, what took you so long to get here?

The Ray wagon has virtue beyond Thor's evidence.

What evidence, and what virtue beyond it are you talking about?

Oh wait, you answer that here, 24 posts later in Post 84 - Your second post in this game

Fluff posting. 15 posts, 0 content.

This is pretty lol coming from someone with 1 post and 0 content. Care to explain how you can find someone with 14 more posts than you scummy? Or how this equates to virtue?

Post 135 - Your third post in this game

This is stupid. DK, pick a stance and stick with it. They're either cheating or they aren't. Your vote doesn't need to be on a different player every page.

Oh, but every other post is ok? If Ray's wagon had so much virtue, why jump on DK's? Was it because you thought his wagon was a safer bet?

Post 140 - Your fourth post in this game

FightingShadow's post is also very valid here.

I don't like how you suck someone else's reasoning into your answer, without offering anything of your own other than your 3 previous meh reasons, especially as you then withdraw your vote a few posts later.

Post 164 - Your sixth post in this game directed at Ray

Help, then. Who is scum and why?

How about
you
give
your
reads on everyone, instead of jumping on and off the obvious wagons and offering nothing yourself?

Post 193 - Your eight post in this game

To elaborate, 24 posts, no vote, no voiced suspicions, no content. His only stance thus far is "quicklynches are bad".

Hmmm. I'll take that over 8 posts, 3 wagon hopping votes, no real voiced suspicions of your own, no reads, and fluff content at best. I don't agree with quick lynches either.

Post 256 - Your 9th post in this game

I'm feeling kinda mis-repped here; that post is a direct response to you indicating that you'd like to help. Does prodding the town's current suspect into giving his reads not count as help?

Not when you barely post and haven't bothered to give your own reads on anyone.

As far as opportunism and flying under the radar, I've given reasons for all two of my votes.

Oh yes, all the "virtue" and fluff.

Awesome.

And finally, your tenth and last post in this game, the one where you call me out for fence sitting and saying nothing.

Bit of advice: Don't bother trying to divert attention attention away from yourself by making me look bad or by playing dumb. Once I have a gut feeling, I don't let go. I think you are scum, and until you do something drastic to change my mind, I will focus on you and I won't stop until my questions are answered.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 am

Post by whispersilk »

Oh, I forgot to vote lol.

VOTE: TheFool
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 am

Post by whispersilk »

bah, forgot to unvote. Sorry Mod :(

UNVOTE: tyhess
VOTE: TheFool
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 am

Post by whispersilk »

I also noticed those comments of Thor's, but I can't see a player such as himself slipping up like that. I think those comments were made on purpose, and I think he has a lot of confidence in this game. Right now I'm far more suspicious of TheFool.

Also DK, if he has experience playing with you, I can fully understand his joke about wanting the wolves to kill you.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 am

Post by whispersilk »

My, what a pleasant mod we have.

Going to bed now, but will be around tomorrow to catch up on all the RAWR'ing and MEOW'ing goin on.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:57 am

Post by whispersilk »

Sorry. I will be around tonight. Weekends are a little tough for me right now. Can't devote that much time to online stuff.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:02 am

Post by whispersilk »

blindfaeth wrote:
unvote;
vote whisper

if for nothing else than a nice little pinch to get her posting content again~

OMG that's mean. This weekend is really tough for me. Sorry everyone. I have lots to read and post, and thought I would have tons of spare time this weekend, but rl reared it's ugly head.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:07 am

Post by whispersilk »

Thor665 wrote:@Whisper - you and DK seemed excited by blindfaeth showing up. If the game you're in with him is ongoing please don't quote specifics, but were you excited because he was a friendly/familiar face? Or were you excited because you think he's a good scumhunter/pro-town force?

I was excited because at the time, the three of us were concluding our newbie game together. We won the game for the town, and had a good time doing it. I trust blindfaeths judgement and think he is an excellent pro-town force, yes. He and I worked pretty well together.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:37 am

Post by whispersilk »

blindfaeth wrote:
unvote;
vote whisper

if for nothing else than a nice little pinch to get her posting content again~

lol, have to laugh at this now considering the town I live in was in a state of mass rioting, arson and looting over the entire weekend.

<3
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 am

Post by whispersilk »

I will have a real post up by the end of the day.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by whispersilk »

Ok, this daft Thor signature thing: Thor, I believe you have a counter in your signature that displays how many times someone has said to you "you're better than this" (referring to your game play) and has suspected you of being scum because they all think you are some Mafia God and should play every game perfectly, when in reality, you are not perfect, and as your beard is clearly not magical, you will make mistakes, and you will drop scum tells and get lynched, or maybe you're just a townie having an off day. Whatever.

Anyway, the counter in your signature means nothing when unaccompanied by another counter which shows how many times those people have been right.

Right?

In short: Thor's signature can not be used to determine his guilt or innocence.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 am

Post by whispersilk »

Sorry for my absence. I've been reading the game everyday, just haven't had the time to make a serious post till now.

On the wagon:
Shadowmod wrote:
Ray Montano
(7/7) -
Thor665
The Tick
DeityKabuto
TheFool
FightingShadow
DeityKabuto
TheFool
CMPunk
BBmolla
blindfaeth
DonJosh
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

Off the wagon:

sky
the tick (town)
havingfitz

I'm more inclined to believe that at least one anti-town player was off the wagon, than all 5 were on it. I'd also find it very hard to believe that all 3 scum were on it. I can see both wolves jumping on, but not all 3 scum. It seems too risky to me, and I think some of them would want to distance themselves from a mislynch.

Roles remaining:

5 scum
5 town

Players remaining:

blindfaeth
TheFool
Sky
DeityKabuto
BBmolla
CMPunk
havingfitz (fightingshadow)
whispersilk
DonJosh
Thor665

• Sky - scum

Total contribution to the game = 20 posts.
Voting pattern: CMPunk - DK - CMPunk - CMPunk

I didn't like Sky much when I posted my previous reads, and I like him even less now. His 19 posts are almost enough to make him appear to be contributing, but when isolated, they are actually of very little substance, and he is making no real effort to scum hunt. Arguing with DK for 5 posts about which of them likes/dislikes answering useless questions, is just that, useless. Is tunnelled on CMPunk. Why? I have no clue. Read his ISO. He's voted for her 3 times without giving a clear reason of his own for doing so (there was some talk of her initial vote on DK, but it appears fluffy to me), but is quick to agree with other peoples reasons for voting her after the wagon picked up speed, while still not providing his own reasons. Would like to hear why he thinks CMPunk is scum. In his own words of course.

To be clear: I do not see tunnelling as a scum tell. I myself tunnelled DK for nearly 3 full pages in another game, and we were both town. I find tunnelling and persistent voting of one person, while giving no real reasons, scummy. Especially when you start "concurring" with other peoples reasons for voting the same person.

Sky wrote:The Punk/Thor combo could be a possibility, but due to the lack of posts from CMPunk, it's hard to really gauge. CMPunk, why do you find Thor town?

Lack of posts? She has two more posts than you, and imo has created more useful discussion than you. Your thoughts on that?

All this, coupled with the fact he made certain everyone knew he wasn't going to vote for Ray early on, and the fact he's made sure to highlight after-the-fact that he wasn't on the wagon, seems contrived. Everything about Sky is wish-washy, unclear, and has given me a scum read for a second time.

• BBmolla - leaning scum

Appears townie, but...

On Ray:

To me, the Ray vote seems like people just wanting to get day 1 over with as opposed to people actually thinking that person is scum. I wouldn't be surprised to find a couple mafia/werewolves on the wagon.

Ray raises a few questions, but atm and after his last few posts I'm getting town on him. Ray's play is odd, namely the no fear of a bandwagon forming on him, but I think it's town sided considering he would know as a town person that him being lynched would not be the end of the game.

Not really. I'm not saying he's a helpful townmember, but I think he's a town member. I don't think a policy lynch on him is what's needed if that's what you're asking.

Two days later, you placed yourself 4th on his wagon (prime scum real estate), apparently after ISO'ing him. I don't like this at all.

On CMPunk:

I don't like this post at all.

It only reinforces my view on him.

What he's saying makes some sense. The vote on DK doesn't.

"You're voting Thor cause he was wrong about Ray, so I'm going to vote you because you're wrong about Thor!"

CM is buddying Thor hardcore. I'm not liking it at all.

I don't like the way you misrepresented her post. I can understand quite clearly why she voted for DK, and there is no reason why you shouldn't either. This isn't to say that CM is not scum, just that I don't like the way you twisted the reasoning behind her vote for DK and made it look scummy.

I'd say that CM and DonJosh are probably the scum on there. Possibly TheFool and Thor too.
Off the wagon I'd say the scum is probably whisper, and possibly a Sky/Fitz.

I've never seen a more redundant statement. You just named all 3 people off the wagon. Who else could it be, lol?

Will post more reads as soon as I can. I'm also wary of making one giant wall post :good:
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

Post by whispersilk »

• DonJosh - neutral (leaning scum)

My read on DJ is still neutral, but with a scum lean. Sometimes I think he might be scum, then he'll make a post that somewhat mirrors my own thoughts or reads, and I'll lean town. For that reason, I'm keeping him neutral (leaning scum) in my mind until he does or says something scummy, or starts exhibiting more towny behaviour.

I liked his reads in this post, especially his read on TheFool, Ray and Sky (because I had the same thoughts):

TheFool : Scum
Nothing but fluff and scummy wagon-hopping.

CMPunk: Scum
See above

DK : Town
His reactions are pro-town.

Thor : Town
It may be WIFOM, but I don't think scum would be so outgoing and enthusiastic. He is, however, tunneling Ray.

Ray : Null
You, sir, are rather hard to read

Sky : Null
Some posts are town, some are scum-ish

Everyone else is null.

I don't think much of redundant and obvious statements such as this:

So Ray flipped town... where does this put Thor?

Uhm, yeah, I noticed that Ray flipped town, but thanks for pointing out the obvious for those folks that might have missed the epic lynch post. /thumbs up

(kinda seems you were trying to feign surprise, imo)

and this:

There are scum on this wagon. No doubt about it.

There
has
to have been at least 2 scum on it from your perspective. I don't see the point in pointing out something that is so obvious.

Also, I don't like behaviour:

1) You went the entire day voting TheFool (with good reason).
2) Then briefly hopped to CMPunk (giving no reason whatsoever).
3) Then 19 hours later you suddenly, and without reason, jump on the Ray wagon, AGAIN giving no reason of your own for the vote, you just quoted a huge post of Thor's regarding Ray and voted for him, like that somehow excuses you from giving a reason of your own. Then believing you had taken Ray to L-1, you seemed pretty eager for DK to hammer him, imo.

Should DK hammer or should we wait until he responds to his prod?

OBVIOUSLY someone at L-1 is not hammered until they have had a chance to defend one last time and/or claim. Even if they are AWOL from the game.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:36 am

Post by whispersilk »

BBmolla wrote:I explained this about three times already. I thought DK was a newbie, and that is what explained his behavior. Once I noticed his 2000 posts or whatever I realized his play was really funky and it completely changed my view on him.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with DK, or your suspicions of him. Those were all quotes of yours where you are talking about Ray, and how you believed he was town,
despite
all the votes on him, and
despite
how much other people found him suspicious. You thought Ray was town, and then out of nowhere, you voted for him after ISO'ing him.

BBmolla wrote:Okay, pretty sure Ray is scum. His entire defense is discrediting Thor's legit defense instead of trying to prove it wrong in any way.

Discrediting someone is a valid defence, especially when that someone's attack is wishy washy at best, and downright scummy at worst.

Surely there must have been someone else on your scum radar to vote for, instead of jumping on the wagon of someone, who up until then, you had stated you believed to be town? That is my point, and it has nothing to do with DK.

And in regards to CM, you can hate that post all you want, but it's how I read it. Also, if you'll read my post of reads, CM was scummiest on my list, so that post of hers only reinforced my read.

lol, thanks for pointing this out:
your scummiest read on day 1
. So then, why didn't you vote for
her
instead of jumping on the wagon of "towny Ray"?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 am

Post by whispersilk »

TheFool wrote:Oh hey, goodposting from whispersilk! One question:
whispersilk wrote:There has to have been at least 2 scum on it from your perspective.

Do you have a different perspective?

Yes, in total there were 4 people off the wagon. Me, Sky, havingfitz and The Tick. We now know The Tick was town, and I know I'm town, so that leaves at most 2 possible scum off the wagon. So I know there was at least 3 scum on the wagon, possibly more, depending on Sky and havingfitz.

From DonJosh's perspective, me, Sky and havingfitz are all potential scum, meaning there is at minimum, 2 scum on the wagon from his perspective.

But for me, I know for a fact that there are at least 3 scum on there.

Make sense?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:13 am

Post by whispersilk »

Sky wrote:It's true, I have been minimal at best lately but that's for two reasons:
A) CMPunk hasn't responded
B) School has started up again

The thing that irks me about whispers is she's calling me out for being wishy washy. If you think I'm scum, vote me dammit and put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise you're the one being wishy washy.

Sure, I'm tunneling CMPunk, but until she responds I will do nothing to change my vote.

I wasn't criticising your lack of posts. I commented on the complete lack of substance to the posts you do have, and the fact I don't like the way you are tunnelling and voting for CMPunk without giving good reason.

As for me being wishy washy: I've placed one serious vote the entire game, on someone I called out for being scummy, and gave
actual
reasons for my vote. I don't see that as wishy washy. I'm in the process of giving my reads on everyone. So far, it's only been 3 people because I'm busy with rl.

Don't worry tho, I'll vote my most suspicious player once I've finished ISO'ing everyone :nerd:
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 am

Post by whispersilk »

BBmolla wrote:My mistake.
Ray seemed misunderstood town at first, and then his anti town behavior became scummy. His arguements with Thor started to make him look scummy, I even pointed it out.

ha! I didn't know if you thought I was stupid, or if you got completely confused as to who you were talking about in those quotes.

BBmolla wrote:I disagree. Saying why an arguement is wrong is a legit defense. Thor said "Ray you've done no scumhunting. Would you like to quote some of the scumhunting and rub my face in it for laughs?" Ray said "I have no interest in doing such thing." That's not a good defense. At all.

My problem with the Ray fiasco, is that Thor, and everyone else became so tunnelled on him, specifically for his lack of scumhunting, but they completely ignored the other players who were guilty of exactly that same thing,
and
other scummy behaviour too. Sure, Ray could have done more to defend himself better, but tbh, from my POV, he was doing an OK job already, and it's the reason I didn't vote for him.

BBmolla wrote:It was Day 2.

I thought you were saying she was your scummiest read on day 1. Thanks for clearing that up, and for replying so quickly. I like the way you've defended yourself.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:56 am

Post by whispersilk »

I responded to Sky right here http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3355612

Is there something I missed?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #51) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 am

Post by whispersilk »

• DeityKabuto - town

It's difficult to get a good read on DK because of his play style, but after playing a full newbie game with him where he was town, I've come to recognise many similarities in his game play here. He is a volatile, but well meaning player. He does have a tendency to follow other people too easily, and while this is ok'ish in the case of following a confirmed town player, in this game where there are none, I feel he needs to avoid latching on to people, and voting the way they do simply because he likes them, or knows them from another game. I think he realises this as well, and I was glad to see him remove his vote from Ray early day 1, because he didn't understand the wagon, and he also admitted to just following Thor.

I like his original ISO reads because I felt the same way about quite a few players. However, he read Ray as being "pro-town", and then re-voted him, again looking to Thor for some kind of praise or attention for his show of loyalty. This is not good DK. You had Thor read as scum, but went along with his Ray wagon anyway. :neutral:

DK then made this post, but didn't remove his vote from Ray:

Thor you seem 100% sure he will flip scum on D1??? =/

That is actually suspicious in a way.

It wasn't until I posted my suspicions of TheFool, that he unvoted Ray, and followed me. Then he voted Thor.

Thor is active because he's most likely scum pushing on innocent town lynch (Ray). He is trying so hard, so let's get shit over our minds and lynch him.

I am the one who mentioned Thor and how is trying to quick lynch Ray with each post, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES THAT?

Now despite DK's belief that Ray was town, and that Thorscum was pushing for his lynch, he then caved under Thor's post here, and hammered Ray any way. Normally, this would raise a huge red flag for me, but seeing as DK hammered someone in another game, who he also believed to be town and that scum were also pushing his mislynch, I can't take this as a scum tell.

I completely agree with this post from Ray on day 1:

@DK I really don't have much to respond to concerning your wall of content (or whatever) but I do find it interesting that you gave me a high "rating" (which I'm not really sure was a necessary system) and found me "leaning-town" and "pro-town" and yet are voting me over Thor who you gave a lower rating, found "leaning-scum" and "obv scum". I find it odd that you're bending to the will of whoever shouts the loudest. That to me does not seem like play of a strong town player. If you're not scum, which I don't really think you are, you are certainly a weak town player. And that kind of sucks.

I'd believe that DK would slip up badly while playing scum, and for that reason, and the fact his play is so similar to our previous game together, I'm getting a town read. He wants to help, and tries to help, but is often misguided (probably by scum), and I hope he can one day stand on his own two feet, and not rely on, or be pressured by other players into voting a certain way.

This post gives me hope:

D1, we sheeped Thor and ended up with a mislynch, I will not sheep Thor again on blindfaeth.

DK, I want to see more ISO reads from you as soon as you can get them up, and I want you to think carefully before placing your votes on people. If you think someone is town, don't hammer them just because the majority of people are sheep, and you want to fit in, or get praise or whatever. Don't give up fighting for something you feel strongly about. This game is not about giving in or giving up just because the odds are against something. I'm used to you now, and I actually think you're fun to play with. Can't wait to see you play scum tho :shifty: