The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 am

Post by The Tick »

.cont from above: That's probably the only part of Thor's argument that sticks out to me, and the only one that needs to. You're gonna have to answer for that Ray.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

I have a glow you cannot see! A heart as big as the moon. As warm as bath water! We're TOWNIES man! We're not glamor boys! Not captains of industry! Not makers of things!

PC and laptops of MafiaScum; do you catch my drift?! Do...you...dig?!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Ray Montano wrote:Whatever your understanding is...doesn't make any sense. Your "belief" is half-Smurfed, you don't truly believe I've stated anything about an alt in a QT or whatever you're trying to claim. Its straight up bull. Evidenced by the fact you drop this later while stating your case on me.

Well...actually I "drop it" because my issue there is part of my case on Faeth, so actually has nothing to do with whether you are scummy or not except insomuch as I think Faeth is a possible partner.

Ray Montano wrote:I think its kind of a way of pandering himself to you, which doesn't sit right with me. If blind were scum and he believed you to be town it would make a lot of sense. Scum generally tend to make a sort of ally of themselves to a town player who they believe to be strong and have great sway in the town's opinion. I think he finds himself coming off a little in the worst in your guys' exchange and needs to find a way to find himself in your good favor.

I do not disagree with this. He's certainly been mobile in his reads - but at the same time every case he's come up with has been made of cotton candy and daffodils. so I have a hard time deciding if I'm picking up on playstyle or scum.
You still find whatever lurker you're voting for more scummy though?

Ray Montano wrote:In case I do get lynched, don't be stupid tomorrow. YOU could probably garner a lot from the interactions of the players who have been advocated my lynch and defended against it. If you really are a good player you could catch scum off it. Otherwise...you're a Smurfy town player...or you're scum.

My play has always been to force a wagon and reactions Day 1 and to scumhunt off them Day 2. I really don't see anything different in your Day 1 lurker hunt as far as brilliance goes, so I'm not quite sure where you think I'm failing - and I've certainly left multiple avenues open to you to prove me wrong and get me off your back. I don't know if you thought cool and distanced was going to do that for you, but clearly that just sets me off more. Maybe if you went back now and answerd some of the questions not worth interesting you could get me to turn the entire wagon around onto Sky or Faeth - y'never know. ;)
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

cotton candy and daffodils? o_o;
God, where is blind, because he is the only other sane person in this game.
- whispersilk
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

The Tick wrote:Ray, did you really switch your read on Thor to null? Based on what?

For that matter, what originally made you think he was town?

My read on Thor has not changed from town to null. I'd like for you to go point out where it did please. I did point out this VVV

Thor665 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Okie dokie. It is interesting, Thor is one of those players that seem more active than they actually are. Possibly because he's mentioned so much? Idk

Possibly because I drive discussion and make statements that obligate people to respond to them - aka. scumhunting.
Are you accusing me of being nonactive here?

Blindfaeth can go into the scum list now.
OMGUS!
Also, still want Ray lynched, but now actually have someone I would get off Ray to lynch as well.

As reacting poorly. I think Thor overreacted here to blind's post and it did look scummy to me. Before the weekend I thought he looked worse in the back and forth and it changed my position from him being town to opening up the possibility he's scum. But as the conversation progressed it reaffirmed my town read on him.

Thor's play reminds me of myself two years ago in large games where I was town. When I found a player who I thought to be scum I commented on others but did somewhat tunnel on my scum read. I think Thor has done a really crappy job with the case on me (which I have stated several times) but I think he's just misguided town. Him fishing for reactions off the wagon on me was great.

Thor665 wrote:Well...actually I "drop it" because my issue there is part of my case on Faeth, so actually has nothing to do with whether you are scummy or not except insomuch as I think Faeth is a possible partner.

Well that is a problem though because if I do get mislynched that entire part of your case on blind is squashed.

Thor665 wrote:You still find whatever lurker you're voting for more scummy though?

That's actually a good question because I'm not sure. I want to say yes because I do believe in everything I've said about Punk and I'm always wondering if blind's tendency to soften up to the players he's attacking is play style or not. But on the other hand I never believe play style is an excuse. If blind is deliberately softening up and blind is town then I think its real anti-town because it provides less of an opportunity for a player to slip to react irrationally. I'm a little bit torn but I do want to wait until Punk comes back from V/LA and says something. That will really decide whether to attack fully on Punk or blind.

Thor665 wrote:My play has always been to force a wagon and reactions Day 1 and to scumhunt off them Day 2. I really don't see anything different in your Day 1 lurker hunt as far as brilliance goes, so I'm not quite sure where you think I'm failing - and I've certainly left multiple avenues open to you to prove me wrong and get me off your back. I don't know if you thought cool and distanced was going to do that for you, but clearly that just sets me off more. Maybe if you went back now and answerd some of the questions not worth interesting you could get me to turn the entire wagon around onto Sky or Faeth - y'never know. ;)

And I think you've been doing an okay job with creating reactions. I just don't see you pressuring players who hop on mindlessly enough to really warrant respect from me at this point and faith you'll pressure them tomorrow. "Cool and distanced" isn't quite how I would describe my play style. As town, unconcerned with pressure is more like it. But let's give this another shot. Give me a couple of questions you want me to directly answer and I'll see how I can help.

As for turning a wagon onto Sky or blind I think both are great options.
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

unvote whisper;
vote Ray

I don't think my vote on whisper is doing any good presently she has stated she'll be back after the weekend and has been busy.

Ray's latest post feels more like throwing seeds to see if anything will stick and shifting suspicion around than a defense.

Ray Montano wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Alright here goes. I will try my best to explain what did not sit well with me. Keep in mind that I think/agree that the majority of BB's thoughts/ideas etc are pro-town, it is just a creeping feeling that he is trying too hard to appear noble/townie or whatever.

This is a great way to attack someone while trying to attract as little backlash as possible.

Not sure I follow why I would want backlash?

& FWIW this post confirms your opinion of Thor had changed. Because you admit it (AND you don't disagree with this point until now...)

Ray Montano wrote:

Thor665 wrote:You still find whatever lurker you're voting for more scummy though?

That's actually a good question because I'm not sure. I want to say yes because I do believe in everything I've said about Punk and I'm always wondering if blind's tendency to soften up to the players he's attacking is play style or not. But on the other hand I never believe play style is an excuse. If blind is deliberately softening up and blind is town then I think its real anti-town because it provides less of an opportunity for a player to slip to react irrationally. I'm a little bit torn but I do want to wait until Punk comes back from V/LA and says something. That will really decide whether to attack fully on Punk or blind.

Thor665 wrote:My play has always been to force a wagon and reactions Day 1 and to scumhunt off them Day 2. I really don't see anything different in your Day 1 lurker hunt as far as brilliance goes, so I'm not quite sure where you think I'm failing - and I've certainly left multiple avenues open to you to prove me wrong and get me off your back. I don't know if you thought cool and distanced was going to do that for you, but clearly that just sets me off more. Maybe if you went back now and answerd some of the questions not worth interesting you could get me to turn the entire wagon around onto Sky or Faeth - y'never know. ;)

And I think you've been doing an okay job with creating reactions. I just don't see you pressuring players who hop on mindlessly enough to really warrant respect from me at this point and faith you'll pressure them tomorrow. "Cool and distanced" isn't quite how I would describe my play style. As town, unconcerned with pressure is more like it. But let's give this another shot. Give me a couple of questions you want me to directly answer and I'll see how I can help.

Forgive me for not having a mean bone in my body :roll: I am a sweetheart and if that makes me anti-town in your book you are sadly mistaken. Both Sky and I are not "great options" because I am civvie.
- whispersilk
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

blindfaeth wrote:Not sure I follow why I would want backlash?

What do you have to lose from it?

blindfaeth wrote:& FWIW this post confirms your opinion of Thor had changed. Because you admit it (AND you don't disagree with this point until now...)

And I did say my opinion changed from firmly believing he was town to not so much. Is that not an opinion change?

blindfaeth wrote:Both Sky and I are not "great options" because I am civvie.

1. Why is Sky even mentioned in that section.
2. If that's your argument then what makes me a better option? Because I can sit here and argue the same thing.
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

As a townsperson my priorities are as follows:

1) find the scum and eliminate them
2) do my best to ensure my own survival

Why should I carelessly attack someone and make a target on my back for a lynch if I can avoid it?

& I just think that you are being a little bit deceitful with the whole opinion change of Thor situation. But I have done my part and highlighted the post and everyone else can decide what they think, it speaks for itself.

Sky is mentioned in that section because

Ray Montano wrote:

- whispersilk
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

and a better option than who - whisper? because I think she's town and busy, my vote wasn't even serious I just want her to come around and give her opinions.

than me? Because I know my role and I'm not a good option for the town to lynch?
- whispersilk
The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by The Tick »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 4#p3300514

That there is post 191, AKA, The Smoking Gut. That's where Thor first started really gunning for Ray.

Does it strike anyone else as weird that Thor called him out for not scumhunting enough, when the thread was just coming off of a bunch of Policy Lynch drama, where EVERYONE had their eyes set on one guy?
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

I have a glow you cannot see! A heart as big as the moon. As warm as bath water! We're TOWNIES man! We're not glamor boys! Not captains of industry! Not makers of things!

PC and laptops of MafiaScum; do you catch my drift?! Do...you...dig?!
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Vote Ray

Thus the hammer, I hope you guys got all the discussion you needed, my vote goes on Thor depending on the flip, that's pretty much everything that I hoped for. If Ray is scum, than that's pretty genuine we caught scum first day, oh well, let's see.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Shadowmod »

TheFool
(1/7) -
CMPunk
DonJosh
DeityKabuto
whispersilk

Sky
(0/7) -
FightingShadow

DeityKabuto
(0/7) -
DeityKabuto
DonJosh
blindfaeth
CMPunk
Sky
BBmolla
TheFool

CMPunk
(3/7) -
Sky
FightingShadow
Ray Montano
Sky
DonJosh

whispersilk
(0/7) -
DeityKabuto
blindfaeth

DonJosh
(0/7) -
DeityKabuto

The Tick
(0/7) -
whispersilk

Ray Montano
(7/7) -
Thor665
The Tick
DeityKabuto
TheFool
FightingShadow
DeityKabuto
TheFool
CMPunk
BBmolla
blindfaeth
DonJosh
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

Thor665
(0/7) -
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

Not Voting (1/12): The Tick

With 7 Votes Ray Montano Has Been Lynched!

Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Shadowmod »

Hi there. How's it goin'? Every one all right? You need
s
om
e
thing...

...?!?...

What are
y
ou
d
oing with that Ray g
u
y?

OK, I se
e
You are of the quick type who c
a
nn
o
t wait to see the blood flowing. Are you?...

Uh... N
a
s
t
y. Not... Come on... I mean... W
i
th
bare hands
... OK... I see... You seem... To enjoy it... Maybe I'll beg
in
to like you after all...
Ouch..
. T
hat looked like it hurt... No that'
s
n
o
t where his ki
d
neys are, you must aim lower... Yes... Yes, that looks
ab
out right... Is that... his left arm you tore right out of him? Oh, I guess it is, but don't you think ... that beating him up wit
h h
is own extremities... is maybe af
t
e
r
all... a bit... ext
re
me?!
OK,
I t
hink you c
a
n stop it now...
Serio
us
ly, he isn't
mo
ving any more... I re
al
ly think he's dea
d
... I mean, wi
t
h
all that blood you're imbued in there can hardly be any drip of life remaining inside him...
You
r
eally shou
l
d
cease it now... I don
't
like eating all pulp and mash th
a
t
m
uch...

Ah... Thank y
ou

Erm... Furry
, F
luffy? Could you bring me something to gnaw on for th
e n
ight? Maybe his legs... Yes, legs seem about right. That'd be great, thank you.

Ray Montano -
Townie
- barehandedly beaten to a bulk of gory pulp on day 1.

With fresh blood slowly seeping into the ground night one has broken. Please send in your night action until deadline. The werewolves may give me their night kill by pointing it out in their quocktopic in bold text. Any night actions send after night deadline has expired will not be accounted for. Werewolves and mafia are allowed to post in their quicktopopics.
Fighting Shadow has not picked up his prod yet. I will prod him a second time and look for a replacement. I won't end the night until a replacement has been found.

Night 1 Deadline is Thursday, August 11th 2011 at 6:00 p.m. Forum Time (UTC-6).

(expired on 2011-08-11 18:00:00)

till Night 1 Deadline
Last edited by Shadowmod on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Shadowmod »

I fear we had another... accident... ha
p
pen to our fellow Figh
t
in
g
Shadow... Luckily... Well, we're not exactly sh
o
rt on... human res
ou
rces... So now I can proudly introduce this g
u
y to you... Say hello to havingfitz.

Hi fitz, and here's the flakerbone I pr
o
missed you... Fresh f
r
o
m
FightingShadow's spine. Enjoy your meal!
(could
be
your last one)

FightingShadow is being replaced by havingfitz.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Shadowmod »

With peaceful silenece wafering in the air of a refreshing morning breeze the sun in her sluggish rise over the horizon engulfs the picturesque little village in a stream of crimson red light, the birds are singing colourful songs to greet the young day, the first bees are humming out of their hives, the trees... Wait a minute... Something seems wrong here... That...red... is not the sun... Something in this place looks different. In fact it has changed... quite a lot... over night... And slowly it dawns on you... Oh my!!!...

*Yawn*

Good morning every one. I hope you slept as well as I d
i
d.

Ah, morning air, the gentle scent of early flowers, n
i
ght
d
ew an
d f
reshly slaughtered meat. I feel great...

Nice brain you brought me there last night, by t
he
way
, F
luf
fy
... May I ask whom it belonged to? Hardly ever had one so fresh...

...???...

So what are you staring at all the time?! Y
o
u lo
ok
a bit... perplexed, if I may be so free as to remark this. What is it?...

Oh!
I see.
Oh, that is
so
adorable, kids, you
di
d t
h
is for me? So nice...

*Cough* I guess this is the wro
n
g
a
pproach. You expect me to say... something different, rig
h
t
?
... Hmmm... Sure...

...!?!...

I guess then ... I should apolo
g
ize for the kids... They certainly did mean it well... Afte
r
a
ll
this place could need some... improvements. And how nicely th
ey
ar
ra
nge
d it
, oh my..., didn't ...??... they???
(Damn, Wrong Again...)

...*Cough* *Cough*...

Okay, kids, listen!.... When this is over there shall be some serious words ab
o
u
t
this. Did I not talk to you about being nice to
the victual
s
our gu
est
s... I am pretty sure I told you about this pregame. I told you
not to use some one's guts as garlands
while these humans are around to see it...

I really think I told th
e
m...

So...
Maybe you want to... clean this up... or something...? No, don't l
o
ok at me, I am not even
involved
in this, so to s
p
e
a
k...
I think I have... something urgent to do right now, see you...

Oh, and have a nice day!

The Tick -
Townie
- his intestines torn out alive by werewolves in night 1.

Night 1 is over and Day 2 has begun. Werewolves and highwaymen are no longer allowed to use their quick topics for communication. The thread is open, every one can post and vote. With 10 players alive it requires 6 votes to lynch, 5 to nolynch.

Merrily Alive (10/12)

1. blindfaeth
2. TheFool
3. Sky
4. DeityKabuto
5. BBmolla
6. CMPunk
7. havingfitz
8. whispersilk
9. DonJosh
12. Thor665

Day 2 Deadline is Monday, August 29th 2011 at 6:00 p.m. Forum Time (UTC-6).

(expired on 2011-08-29 18:00:00)

till Day 2 Deadline
Last edited by Shadowmod on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 am

Post by blindfaeth »

RIP Ray & Tick =/
- whispersilk
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 am

Post by DonJosh »

So Ray flipped town... where does this put Thor?
Personally, it doesn't change my town read.
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Vote Thor
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

I don't know, but I have a hard time believing that Thor is wrong about both Ray AND I. I mean, come on, draw a name out of the hat of 11 players that aren't you and you have almost a 50/50 chance of picking a baddie lol. Then again, I thought Tick/tyhess was bad and voted for Ray in the end. But my initial gut instinct coming into the thread was to trust him and go after Thor, I am beginning to wonder if I should have stuck with it.

IDK I have to dwell on why Tick was killed I find it beneficial sometimes to try and figure out the reasoning behind it. With no protective roles in the game, you'd think someone that everyone believed to be super townie would be offed.
- whispersilk
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by DonJosh »

blindfaeth wrote:
IDK I have to dwell on why Tick was killed I find it beneficial sometimes to try and figure out the reasoning behind it. With no protective roles in the game, you'd think someone that everyone believed to be super townie would be offed.

The werewolves are WIFOMing the hell out of us 0_0
replacements.

DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by DonJosh »

Shadowmod wrote:
Ray Montano
(7/7) -
Thor665
The Tick
DeityKabuto
TheFool
FightingShadow
DeityKabuto
TheFool
CMPunk
BBmolla
blindfaeth
DonJosh
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

There are scum on this wagon. No doubt about it.
I'd put my money on TheFool and CMPunk
replacements.

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

DonJosh wrote:
Shadowmod wrote:
Ray Montano
(7/7) -
Thor665
The Tick
DeityKabuto
TheFool
FightingShadow
DeityKabuto
TheFool
CMPunk
BBmolla
blindfaeth
DonJosh
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

There are scum on this wagon. No doubt about it.
I'd put my money on TheFool and CMPunk

Half of the town is scum at this point.
3 Mafia
2 Werewolves
1 Seer
4 VTs

So I'd also put money on that, considering that it's impossible for it
not
to have scum on it.

There are at least 2 scum on it in fact.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: blindfaeth

As noted, his sudden reverse on Ray was pretty sketchy.

TheFool, CMPunk, BBmolla,
DonJosh, blindfaeth, DeityKabuto

Each of those three groups probably has at least one scum in it and possibly two each. I'm personally going to be shocked if BBmolla is scum of any flavor, I also think Don is still likely town - he's <3ing on me a fair bit which *might* be suspect, but I'd like to think it's just brilliance on his part.

I'd be pretty darn happy lynching any of the other four.
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

lol so now you are doing a 180 on DK eh? The thing you're so upset at me over doing to Ray? xD Let's see in addition you tunneled the hell out of ray and are responsible for his lynch you even admitted it, no way in hell you are talking your way out of it now.

vote Thor
- whispersilk
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I was never super enthused on DK town - and his presence as a counter wagon to town when before that I thought he was counter wagon to scum does tend to adjust ones beliefs. Derpy-doo.

I do think he's more likely town than you, if that makes you happy - but I bet you should have been able to predict that from the vote.
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

Well, you're wrong - and probably on both counts. Wouldn't be surprised by a DonJosh/Thor scum team tbh :p
- whispersilk

Return to “Completed Open Games”