The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

pretty sure I whitelested everyone who asked yesterday
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Hey I'm in :)

But I spawned in the middle of the night...
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

My house is 15-20 blocks from the spawn area I think, run there and stock up. It also should have a few trees on the roof.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Ended up finding a bed, then been pretty much wandering around aimlessly ever since, not really knowing what to do. Like, I wanna build a house and stuff somewhere, but I don't wanna mess anything up you guys have done. Any recommendations?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

come out to my house, walk for ten minutes, build
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I'll give it a try again tomorrow when I have more time. Do you guys have any basic ground rules I should know about?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Claus »

To be honest, there is not a lot of expectation of privacy near the spawn area. If you give about 10 or 20 blocks distance, I don´t think anyone will complain if you build near the spawn. If you go to more secluded areas you might want to find your own spot :-)

The rules is basically common sense - don´t take things from other people, don´t break other people´s buildings, and that is about it.

Oh, and don´t leave floating trees around, please! :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Claus »

DonJosh wrote:The server looks awesome. I was on earlier. That big building with the two domes by the spawn is cool. Who built that?

Oh, I built that one, thanks! It was supposed to be the central for the rail lines, but we only have like 5 or 6 stations.

You guys write the coordinates to your houses in the thread, so we can add them to the billboard!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

and if you make holes in my nether highway, make sure you patch them back up
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I fuckin love floating trees wtf
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by JDodge »

Drench wrote:was underground trains a conscious decision

(just fyi this is leading towards a 'drench want monorail can drench make monorail' type thing)

but main street's still all cracked and broken :(

might log onto the server a bit more, been feelin minecrafty
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Untrod Tripod wrote:and if you make holes in my nether highway, make sure you patch them back up

That would have been me. I came to a 2 block high point in your hallway and I didn't have anything on me. Apologies.

I'll go look if it's fixed yet (forgot to do so).
Eek
!
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Claus »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I fuckin love floating trees wtf

You mean, chopping the bottom of the tree, and leaving some floating logs? C´mon REALLY? O.o
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

Alright so I think I'll have a little better idea what to do when I log in again this evening. Couple questions/comments/thoughts...

Spawn point seems to be a pit. Is it supposed to be like that? or did it just get blown up by a creeper or something. Its difficult to get out of the pit when I spawn in the dark, and sometimes after I died when I respawned I'd take fall damage? Thought that was weird... I think it won't matter once I build a house and sleep in a bed though right? Then I'll always spawn by my bed? I slept in some beds yesterday but every time I died and spawned I ended up back in the original spawn point pit I think though... Do I have to craft the bed myself for it to count?

OK, so when I leave the pit first place a find is a small room with some water in it, and a bed, and a craft table, furnace, and some storage chests? I think it also has a glass green house with some sugar growing? Just wondering if this was someones house and who it belonged to. Thats the bed I slept in when I spawned the first time.

Next day I wandered around and found the spawn guest house. After I left it I lost it... and I'm not sure how to actually get there from the spawn point :oops: After I left I mostly just stayed near the road and found the billboard, wandered around some of the buildings I could see. I didn't know how to find coordinates but I went back to the wiki this morning and figured it out :)

I think the plan for this evening is I'm going to spawn in, stay around the spawn point trying to gather resources for the basics, then pick a direction and head that way for X days travel until I find a neat place to call home. Oh, and if I'm feeling pretty good with how things are going, I might build a spawn point gazeebo or something nicer to spawn in than a pit, unless you guys have the pit to spawn in for a reason?

Oh last question, how do I change the appearance of my character from the default?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Claus »

Rhinox wrote:
Spawn point seems to be a pit. Is it supposed to be like that?

>_> errrr.... It has been like that for a while. Since the area within ~30 blocks of spawn can only be modified by mods. Someone has to go and use their modly powers to fix that blight.....

I'll around to it this weekend. Promise. For reals... :oops:

I think it won't matter once I build a house and sleep in a bed though right?

You should wake up on a bed after you slept in one once. It doesn't matter that you didn't craft the bed. The fact that you are still spawning at the original spawn point is... strange.

Also, we have the /home and /sethome commands set for all players. If you use "/sethome" it will set a personal teleport point in your current location. If you use /home you will teleport to that point.

OK, so when I leave the pit first place a find is a small room with some water in it, and a bed, and a craft table, furnace, and some storage chests? I think it also has a glass green house with some sugar growing? Just wondering if this was someones house and who it belonged to.

That's is somebodies home, I just don't remember whose. I don't think anyone will have a problem with you sleeping in their beds, just don't take their stuff, and fix anything that creepers break (or ask here for someone to fix it). If you want, on the other side of the bay near the spawn (near the domed home), there is a wooden home with a tall wooden tower - that is the public housing.

Next day I wandered around and found the spawn guest house. After I left it I lost it... and I'm not sure how to actually get there from the spawn point :oops:

Lol, it is on the other side of the bay. Just follow the tall wooden tower.

I think the plan for this evening is I'm going to spawn in, stay around the spawn point trying to gather resources for the basics, then pick a direction and head that way for X days travel until I find a neat place to call home. Oh, and if I'm feeling pretty good with how things are going, I might build a spawn point gazeebo or something nicer to spawn in than a pit, unless you guys have the pit to spawn in for a reason?

No reason, but you need mod powers to alter the spawn point (maybe that is the reason no one has changed it until now :oops:)

Oh last question, how do I change the appearance of my character from the default?

You can upload image files for your profile in the minecraft.net website. I think there is a "profile" page there for you to do that. Also, there are some programs in the wiki that help you with the editing of the image file.
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:04 am

Post by DonJosh »

Rhinox wrote:

Use this site or this site for pre-made skins.
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:09 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

The reason the spawn is a pit is because when we got a new world to play on the spawn was just above a small cave (2x3x3). I spawned into that cave with a few others (drench iirc) and we couldn't get out as we could not break any blocks within 30 blocks of the spawn. So UA just broke some blocks and set us free.
Eek
!
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:55 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I probably could fix the actual spawn but then it wouldn't be the Cave of Minor Inconvenience anymore.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Claus »

Well, we could change it like a museum -- keep the pit as it is, maybe in a glass case, and build a small building around it :-P
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

or make the floor lava, give em something to REALLY bitch about
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:09 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Rhinox wrote:OK, so when I leave the pit first place a find is a small room with some water in it, and a bed, and a craft table, furnace, and some storage chests? I think it also has a glass green house with some sugar growing? Just wondering if this was someones house and who it belonged to. Thats the bed I slept in when I spawned the first time.

Hey, I see you found my house. I really should play more often.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

jmj3000 wrote:
Rhinox wrote:OK, so when I leave the pit first place a find is a small room with some water in it, and a bed, and a craft table, furnace, and some storage chests? I think it also has a glass green house with some sugar growing? Just wondering if this was someones house and who it belonged to. Thats the bed I slept in when I spawned the first time.

Hey, I see you found my house. I really should play more often.

Heh cool. I almost got it blown up by a creeper though :oops: You've now got a pit in the sand a few blocks outside your door :oops: :oops:

Well I'm anxious to get home and get playing. I've been thinking about what I want my minecraft home to look like all day and excited to get to work. Gonna be a long process though, I'm sure. I'm shooting for something medeivel castle-ish with a large base, and keep building levels up until I run out of sky. And hopefully a large system of mines and caves and dungeons below. Today though, probably won't get much more done than collecting basic necessities near the spawn, then heading out to find a suitable location, and then most of the work will be the mine system underground in order to gather resources for the major castle-tower construction project.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Hey you know what sucks? Random holes that go straight down far enough where I die and lose all my stuff because I can't get down to get it :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Rhinox »

argh then my computer did an auto update and shut down in the middle of the game... :evil:
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Claus »

Rhinox wrote:
Heh cool. I almost got it blown up by a creeper though :oops: You've now got a pit in the sand a few blocks outside your door :oops: :oops:

PROTIP: If a creeper explodes while in water, it wont damage any blocks (it will still hurt you a bit, though).

If you have a creeper following you, run to the ocean!

Return to “The Arcade”