Mini 1228: 80's Mafia: Everyone wins. (Mod error)

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1228: 80's Mafia: Everyone wins. (Mod error)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin liked food, and he was born in 1980, so he thought the intersection of things was perfect for his new business to leave his dead-end call center job. He got real 80's motif, movie posters, even a few records from the era. One of his last purchases right before he set down the 80's menu was a computerized jukebox full of 80's tunes. Unfortunately, someone decided that it the music was too retro and randomized the names of the songs, leaving only Song 1, Song 2, making it impossible to go through. What's even worse, the new music was to replace the old via a virus because 80's songs were too 'retro'. Triply worse, there were TWO viruses installed on the jukebox, so now it'll be up to an newfangled AI system to delete the bad song.

The opening for the diner was set for a week for now, and if the jukebox isn't fixed, the business will be doomed to fail and Ghostlin will be back to drudgery. It's too late to take the jukebox back, can the songs revolt from this horrific turn of events?

In the Jukebox (Alive):
2)
kondi2424
Benoni
3) haoala
4) Bogre
5) diddin
6) Zajnet
7) 2birds1stone
8)
Parabollocks
BBMolla
10) DeathRowKitty
13) Captain Corporal

Waiting For A Quarter (Replacements):
PM Ghostlin if you want to be added to the replacements pool.

Deleted from the Box (Dead):
12) Nikanor;
Total Eclipse of the Heart (1983), Town Roleblocker and Miller
Shot Through the Heart Night 1!
9) Maruchan;
Karma Chameleon (1983), Town Non-Lethal Copier When Targetted,
Dropped Dead from Partying Exhaustion, Day 2!

Removed From the Collective Unconsciousness (Modkilled):
1) Umbrage;
How You Remind Me, 2001; Mafia Modified JoAT,
Deleted (Lynched) Day 1!
Reraised, and obiliterated and made
Neutral Survivor
Night 1!

11) Mego;
Any Way You Want It, 1980; Town Redirector Mason,
blasted to oblivion, and made
Neutral Survivor, Night 1!

Generic, non rule stuff:
*This game is a Day start. You are not permitted to communicate outside of this thread during the Day unless your role says otherwise.
*The roles will vary in flavor in powers, however ALL Town PMs include the following line:
Win Condition:

Protown: You win when there are no non-1980's songs left to threaten your town.

*I will use this general color scheme for flips (although not these colors necessarly):
Mafia
Town
Third Party
Last edited by Ghostlin on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:12 am, edited 43 times in total.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

(Credit and thanks to Nobody Special for letting me adapt this rule set. Modified for personal taste and flavor.)

General Rules

1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) I, as Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus: @Mod, blah blah blah.
4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
5)
Bolded Purple
is my color. Do not use it, under penalty of Impersonating The Mod (which is modkillable; don't make me do it).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. If I have to "Quote" your post to be able to read what you made small, I will Not Be Happy.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity, and I've not posted a votecount, feel free to send me a PM.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. You will be modkilled and changed to neutral Survivor, thus handed a game loss. Due to the nature of the game, this will harm your faction in the way I see fit. (Generally, SKs and Mafia being modkilled will get a continuation of the Day, and a Town modkill will end it.)
10a) Flavor is flavor. Nothing in the flavor reflects Actual Game Mechanics. You are free to ignore the flavor (except, of course, that you'll hurt my feelings; I expect to spend a good deal of time creating flavor, and I think you should at least read it. However, it has no bearing on the game. At all.).

Player Activity

11) I do not (always) automagically prod players. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will not, however, be sent until a player has not posted for over 72 hours.
12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you recieve three prods, I force replace you on the third.
13) Please don't be annoying, such as posting in l33t or ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME. (Unless your role demands it.) I may not modkill you, but I will probably will do something creative. Your post must communicate in some way (no code, alternate languages may happen due to wackiness).
14) Be respectful of each other and your mod. If I feel you are crossing a line, I may warn you or replace you or modkill you at my whim (and dependant on the behavior).
15) Votes MUST be bolded and MUST be at the beginning of the line that they are on (flush left, if that makes it clearer).
16) Notwithstanding Rule #15, if I think it's a vote, it's a vote. Be very clear of your intentions.
17) Unvoting is optional, but appreciated. If you choose to unvote, treat it as a vote.

Deadlines and actions and such

18) Days will have a two week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.
19) If activity severely lags, I may or may not institute a shorter Day deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.
20) After a lynch has been reached, there will be a twilight period that will last at least 24 hours. Anyone can talk during this period of time, including the lynched.
21) You will have 48 hours to submit your Night Actions each night. If you wish not to send a Night Action, let me know. Nights should last no longer than 72 hours; any extensions to Night will be posted in thread.

Death and other matters

22) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
23) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
24) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch and no lynch.
25) Once a lynch has been reached, everyone may talk until I post the death scene.
26) If you are night-killed, you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post. No game-relevant content allowed.

Miscellaneous

27) I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
28) Do not tempt The Mod. Do not annoy The Mod. Do not get The Mod wet, nor feed The Mod after midnight.
29) Do not admit to not having read The Rules. I get very, very upset about this. The rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them.
30) If you go on V/LA, the following ways to notify me are permitted: 1) Forum PMs. 2) In thread. I will do my level best to keep you in the game, but if the V/LA is going to be much more than a week, I may replace you.
31) This game is rated semi-bastard. I will not lie to you and your powers will work as intended, but this game has not be doublechecked for balance and could be swingy. (Also, weird stuff might happen.)
32) See Rule #1!
Last edited by Ghostlin on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Confirmation phase. If your name is one of the thirteen people that is numbered in the Alive catergory and you haven't received a PM from me already, FPM me immediately, and I'll send you the FPM.

You are to /confirm here. Game starts when 12/13 people are confirmed, or after 72 hours with at least 10/13 people confirmed. Day 1 will start at that point.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Umbrage, Rule #13 (which has nothing to do with the Rules of the Internet). I warned you I'd do something. :P
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Nikanor: If you break rule 1, you won't have any fun. Which is the whole purpose of a game. :P Also, breaking Rule #1 could lead to breaking rules #2-30, if you try to obstruct other people's chances at having fun. I can't force you to adhere to Rule #1, I'm not the fun police.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

10 of you have confirmed. (I consider it confirmation if you post in the thread SOMEHOW. Also, if you try to be funny. :P ) Which means, the game WILL start 72 hours of the last confirmation post (although I will still post game start) IF I don't receive two more /confirms.

Folks who have confirmed (Warning, I may have abbreviated your name):

Maru
CC
Zaj
2birds1stone
haoala
Parabollocks
Umbrage
Nikanor
DRK
Mego

If your name is not on this list and you wanna confirm and get this party started, please do so.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Ghostlin »

T-Minus 8 hours (roughly) before game's start. Anyone not confirmed at that point will receive a massprod and have 36 to 48 hours to respond/post in thread before I go fishing for replacements.

Folks who have confirmed (Warning, I may have abbreviated your name):

Maru
CC
Zaj
2birds1stone
haoala
Parabollocks
Umbrage
Nikanor
DRK
Mego

No one new has confirmed as of this point.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin sat down with his headphones, going tappa tappa tappa with his computer as he analyzed the readout from the data from the jukebox.

Day 1 officially begins. With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Monday, September 12th, 12:35 PM MTN (2: 35 PM EST) time.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin goes, 'Hey this sounds like an 80's song!' and chooses a random file from his MP3 (note, this is flavor) player and ties in into the jukeboxes output, trying to see if he can bypass the programming. You all can hear from inside the jukebox the following song erupt in loud tones from the jukebox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A&ob=av3e

'Oh, dear God. And it's on repeat, so I have wait until the batteries die!'

Vote Count 1--Let's Go Party ((TMI update))

Mego (3, L-4)- Nikanor, Bogre, Maruchan
Haoala (2, L-5)- Umbrage, diddin
Nikanor (1, L-6) - Mego
2birds1stone (1, L-6)-DeathRowKitty
Not Voting (6)-kondi2424, Zajnet, Parabollocks, CaptainCorporal, Haoala, 2birds1stone

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

If I'm missing anyone let me know. Kondi2424 is getting a prod.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Maruchan wrote:couch couch

I think my name is misspelled. ;)

You are fixed good sir. I always read your name as either the Manchuran Candidate or a type of Ramen. :)

Oh, and the above link is NSFS (Not Safe For Sanity).
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Ghostlin »

The dumbest ideas start with a single grain of inspiration. Trying out the much maligned MP3 player again, Ghostlin cheers as the opening chords to this song plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

Except when the singers sing it's NOT Queen, but Vocal Adrenaline.

"Dammit, I don't even LIKE this cover. My own MP3 is trolling me, and I've hated Vocal Adrenaline since they egged Rachel--er, um...not that I've seen any part of Glee or anything. Or..even am looking forward to the next seasion...

Can we never mention this again?"

(E-cookie to the first player that can name the two tropes I used in the last sentences..)

Vote Count 2--Caught in a Landslide, No Escape from Reality.

Haoala (3, L-4)- Umbrage, diddin, Nikanor
Mego (2, L-5)- Bogre, Maruchan
Nikanor (2, L-5) - Mego, 2birds1stone
2birds1stone (1, L-6)-DeathRowKitty
Not Voting (5)-kondi2424, Zajnet, Parabollocks, CaptainCorporal, Haoala,

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Monday, September 12th, 12:35 PM MTN (2:35 PM EST) time.

If I'm missing anyone let me know. Kondi2424 has been prodded.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Prod Updates: Kondi has 12 hours left to reply to her prod or I'm massFPMing the replacements. I'm anticipating that I will have to replace @ this point.

Parabollocks is approaching prod range. Everyone else is well within 72 hours and is continually posting.

I'd post fluff and a votecount, but no new votes have been made since the last one. The Deadline still hasn't changed.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Ghostlin »

There's some confusion as things get heated inside of the jukebox. Before your startled eyes one of your own number is transforming, warping, changing....into someone else. They're the same, but they're different---kinda like Led Zepplean's Dude Looks Like a Lady. Another pop anthem plays in the background to symbolize the switch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92bmlcmyq0

News: Benoni replaces kondi2424, effective NOW! Welcome, Benoni!

Vote Count 3--What's Your Price For Flight?

Haoala (4, L-3)- diddin, Nikanor, Bogre, Umbrage
2birds1stone (1, L-6)- DeathRowKitty
Mego (1, L-6)- Maruchan
Umbrage (1, L-6)- Haoala
Not Voting (4)- benoni, Zajnet, Parabollocks, CaptainCorporal

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch, 7 to no lynch.

Parabollocks is getting a prod. Zajnet is getting there. I had to /out one of my replacements. If any current players know any one that wants to be added to my replacements list, please have them PM me and I'll add them. Thanks!

Any errors, you know what to do.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

benoni wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:
They're the same, but they're different---kinda like Led Zepplean's Dude Looks Like a Lady.

Can we lynch Ghostlin?

Not that kind of bastard, kiddo. :P
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin's roommate, Mirin, walks up to him that day, having found Ghostlin on his desk, half asleep in peanut containers and fruit rinds, apple cores and the like. "Ghosty?" He looks at him concernedly. "I have a solution to your problem with the jukebox. You can just go back in time with the new time machine I built in our backyard!"

"Let me guess, I need to go 88 miles an hour to use it?" Ghostlin yawns.

"Yup. And it runs on uranium." Mirin looked proud at himself.

"Sorry, Mir, but I don't have the seventy bijillion dollars I'd need to fill the gas tank. Also, I'd be directly ripping off another game currently being played in queue. We'll just have to continue to jump through this ill decided mess of randomly written plotholes together."

"Aww...."

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOu8x1gqW3c

Vote Count 4--The Power of Love

Haoala (3, L-4)- Nikanor, Bogre, Maruchan
Mego (2, L-5)- diddin, Umbrage
2birds1stone (1, L-6)- DeathRowKitty
Umbrage (1, L-6)- Haoala
Not Voting (4)- benoni, Zajnet, Parabollocks, CaptainCorporal

Captain Corporal wrote:P-EDIT: @Mod - Can we be told if there's a jester?

There are no jesters in this -slighty- bastard game. Everyone who plays is the same alignment they started with, so there are also no Cults or "Traitor roles". If I were going to do something like a Cult or a Jester, considering the site's general opinion of these roles, I would of warned you first. Although as a personal opinion as a mod, the Jester gets a lot of hate for not much reason--more on this post game.

Also much love to whomever thought of Back to the Future Mafia.

Zajnet is getting a prod, 2birds1stone is on deck, with DeathRowKitty not far behind.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin scratches his head as there's a request an acoustic instrument erupting from the jukebox itself. With no music talent, Ghostlin plugged in a boom box for the now oddly sentient jukebox (well, no one could say he was the most observant being with all the argument coming from within) and this song begins to play to counter the noise of the jukebox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9rfWucgeY

"Well, it's more like 10:52 my time on a Saturday, but no one's perfect. And fuck, I can use a John at the bar."

Vote Count 5--The Piano Man

Haoala (3, L-4)- Nikanor, Bogre, Maruchan
Mego (2, L-5)- diddin, Umbrage
Umbrage (2, L-5)- Haoala, DeathRowKitty
diddin (2, L-5)- Zajnet, 2birds1stone
Nikanor (1, L-6) - Mego
Not Voting (3)- benoni, Parabollocks, CaptainCorporal

For the first time this game, no one is near prod range, really. Keep it up!

A note about votecount requests: I will fill them when I'm able. The flavor, if any, will be shorter. This VC was in response to Para's vote count request.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin was wearing earplugs when Mirin and his wife Living Catalyst came back to the diner, much later after the cessation of Piano Man.

"Ghosty, what's wrong?" asked Living Catalyst. "Besides the virus thing and all that?"

"Can't hear you over the earplugs!"

"Ghosty---" Mirin popped out the earplugs for him. "She asked what's wrong. Well, beyond the obvious."

"Oh. Well, one of the songs is playing on repeat. What's worse is he's encouraging others to play on repeat too." Ghostlin grunted.

"Well, you know what to do right?" Both Mirin's roommate and his wife looked at him.

Ghostlin stopped and nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I think I do."

LC looked at them both, a little admiration and disgust in her eyes. "That's some fucked up troll logic there, dear."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Vote Count 6--You Know The Rules, And So Do I

Haoala (3, L-4)- Bogre, Maruchan, Captain Corporal
Mego (3, L-4)- diddin, Umbrage, Parabollocks
diddin (2, L-5)- 2birds1stone, Haoala
DeathRowKitty (1, L-6)- Zajnet
Nikanor (1, L-6) - Mego
Parabollocks (1, L-6) Nikanor
Zajnet (1, L-6)- DeathRowKitty
Not Voting (1)- benoni

Deadline: Monday, September 12th, 12:35 PM MTN (2:35 PM EST) time. (Almost only 1 week left!)

No one's close to prods.

I thought Umbrage was encouraging DRK to use all Caps in #349, but I see now he just wanted her to use one, at all . Still, the half torturish mod scene was worth it!
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Dances With the Signal looked over the programming with her auburn hair and nodded to Ghostlin. "The countervirus I planted in the CPU should do the trick, but there's no telling. You will lose data, tho', and we won't know until almost opening night."

Ghostlin shrugs. "It's ok, hun--it's not like this entire day feels like like it's taking almost exactly two weeks up to the minute."

Signal looked at him. "I thought you were nuts for doing this."

Ghostlin smiles. "I may not be too pretty, or too proud, but getting out of a job I hate in exchange for something I possibly love is worth this mess, including trying to let the songs try to decide how they're going to sort this out."

"It sounds you feel the music inside the jukebox is alive."

"Hopefully not only the good die young this time."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJBoHa3GArA

Vote Count 7--You Didn't Count On Me, When You Were Counting On Your Rosary.

Haoala (3, L-4)- Bogre, Maruchan, Captain Corporal
Mego (3, L-4)- diddin, Umbrage, Parabollocks
diddin (2, L-5)- 2birds1stone, Haoala
2birds1stone(1, L-6) Nikanor
DeathRowKitty (1, L-6)- Zajnet
Maruchan (1, L-6)- benoni
Nikanor (1, L-6) - Mego
Zajnet (1, L-6)- DeathRowKitty

Parabollocks is six hours to prodding range and is on deck for one.

Deadline: Monday, September 12th, 12:35 PM MTN (2:35 PM EST) time. (Less than a week!)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Folks, I --have-- been here, but not a lot of vote activity since recently, so I'm doing this now. Sorry about no flavor.

Vote Count 8--The one without the flavor.

Mego (3, L-4)- diddin, Parabollocks, Bogre
Umbrage (3, L-4) benoni, 2birds1stone, Mego
Haoala (2, L-5)- Maruchan, Captain Corporal
benoni (1, L-6)- Umbrage
diddin (1, L-6)- Haoala
Parabollocks (1, L-6)- Nikanor
Not Voting (2)--Zajnet, DeathRowKitty

Umbrage, read rule #14. Post #506 DID cross the line. This is the only warning you'll get about that.

benoni, read rule #28. If you need me to read a post say @Mod: can you read post #X?

Parabollocks is getting prodded.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

"Ghostlin!" Signal shouted.

Ghostlin woke up from the couch in the office. "Hrrr...what? What's wrong, Signal?" LC and Mirin both poke their heads from where they were sleeping nearby.

"There's been a file purge," she exclaimed. "I'm working on a playback, we'll see if it's a virus file or not. There'll be no saving it after this point."

"And if it is a virus file?" LC asked.

"Then we've got a chance to save the resturant." Signal said grimly.

"Hopefully we'll be saying goodbye and sweet dreams to a virus file." Mirin noted, and they all gathered around the computer, waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_Sc1Wags

Vote Count 9--Sweet Dreams Are Made of These

Umbrage (7, LYNCHED) benoni, 2birds1stone, Mego, haoala, Captain Corporal, Nikanor, Maruchan
Mego (4, L-3)- diddin, Parabollocks, Bogre, Umbrage
Parabollocks (1, L-6)- Zajnet
Not Voting (1)-- DeathRowKitty

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch AND we are NOW in TWILIGHT!!!

Deadline: Twilight lasts until Monday 7:30 PM MTN (9:30 PM EST) TIME (24 hours, roughly. If I'm late, I'm late.) Everyone may speak in thread at this time. No one can unvote.

Parabollocks is getting replaced in 4 hours.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Facepalm. Yes, that is mod stupidity kids. Fixed. Nikanor is not a dual voter, and he does count as person. Sorta.

Thanks for the catch.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

There was a lull as the gathered four friends and roommates looked at each other. Ghostlin's business being successful would mean a lot to their futures. It would make him happier and them successful. The silence was eventually broken with:

"So, which song do you think it is, kids?" LC says.

"I hope it's the stupid song about the black and white cat in the party hat that tries to tempt a moderator in the game of Mafia and ends up ON FIRE." says Mirin.

"Yeah, does anyone else here think the cat ending up on fire was incredibly light, and he should of drowned in a flood of Barbies with Barbie Girl by Aqua playing in the background?" asked Ghostlin.

Everyone nodded. God, they hated cats with party hats that tempted the wrath of mods.

"...You're not going to recycle Barbie Girl as a lame joke here with a link, are you?" LC says with tredipation.

"No, because I'm a bastard mod, not Hilter." Ghostlin said.

"You just had to break Godwin's Law, didn't you?" Mirin said tartly.

"Shush! The song's playing!" Signal shushed them and the lyrics began:

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M&ob=av2n

"That's...not an 80's song." Signal said.

"No, it's Nickelback, and probably closer to a 2000's song...which means..." Ghostlin said, grinning.

"We're one part of the virus down." Living Catalyst said.

Nikanor
, I mean...

Umbrage,
Mafia Modified Jack of All Trades, How You Remind Me, 2001,
Deleted Day 1!

Night Actions are to be in no later than 9:00 PM MTN, Wednesday, September 14th! I will be opening the game no later than Thursday.

Those of you still alive with Quickthreads can post as of NOW. The main thread is locked (or considered locked and if you sneak a post in, I will modkill you) after this point.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

A darkness clouds the land and the jukebox shoots sparks!

You all see Nickelback's 'How You Remind Me' in every music stand and record store across the universe explode!

Umbrage; How You Remind Me, 2001;
Mafia Modified JoAT
Deleted (Lynched) Day 1, reraised and blasted to oblivion (made
Neutral Survivor
)[/b]
pre-Night 1! (Encouraged violation of Rule 4.)

And then you see Mego fly out from the sparks; and the same time his record is also permanently destroyed!

Mego;
Any Way You Want It, 1980; Town Redirector Mason,
blasted to oblivion (made
Neutral Survivor
)
pre-Night 1! (violated Rule 4.)

Since the penalty is equal on both sides, night will continue with the standard duration.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Roughly hour and 40 minutes until Night action deadline. If I get Night actions sorted out quickly, thread may reopen tonight.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Day 2- Turn around, Bright Eyes

They had all slept that night. Maybe the previous day's actions had tired them out, but everyone had slept really, really well that night. Up until 8 that morning, that is.

A loud tune blares out of the jukebox, and immediatedly begins to distort itself, but you can hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLlIJsto ... re=related

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and then I fall apart

Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit terrified but then I see the look in your eyes

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks...

Ghostlin gets stared at. "What? It was included for the sake of completeness. Plus, it's like the ultimate 80's love ballad. Stop staring at me like that!"

Mirin, helpfully, "Plus the music video is awesome. It includes ninjas! And douchebags!"

Ghostlin, sighing; "Signal, what's happening?"

Signal Dancer shook her head. "The virus is deleting the song. It's unrecoverable at this point."

"Peachy."

Nikanor, Total Eclipse of the Heart (1983),
Town Roleblocker and Miller
Shot Through the Heart Night 1!

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch, 5 to no lynch.

Deadline: October 6th, 2011, 1 PM MTN (3 PM EST) Time. (Roughly 3 weeks.)

You are getting an extension because the mod is going on vacation and will have limited access but should be able to post a few votecounts from the 22nd to the 28th of September.

Someone inquired about replacing Parabollocks. I will update if that person accepts.

BBMolla replaces Parabollocks, effective immediately! Thank you, BBMolla!
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Ghostlin »

It only takes seconds. It's like a flash, a wrench, and the jukebox plays another song that immediatedly wrenches to shit. The following lyrics are...somewhat hearable, the original song isn't coherent to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

There's a loving in your eyes all the way.
If I listened to your lies would you say
I'm a man (a man) without conviction,
I'm a man (a man) who doesn't know
how to sell (to sell) a contradiction.
You come and go, you come and go.

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon,
you come and go, you come and go.
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams,
red gold and green, red gold and green.

Didn't hear your wicked words every day
and you used to be so sweet, I heard you say
that my love (my love) was an addiction.
When we cling (we cling) our love is strong.
When you go (you go) you're gone forever.
You string along, you string along.

"What's happen?! Who set us up the bomb!" screamed Ghostlin.

"Know not, I do. Screwed we all are!" Signal hollared over the dinner. "Song being deleted, another is!"

"Launch every zig for great justice!" Ghostlin turned almost pink.

"Ghostlin...in context, that doesn't even make fucking sense." LC shouted.

"I know, but Zero Wing! We're so fucked!"

Maruchan,
Karma Chameleon, 1983, Town Non-Lethal Copier When Targetted,
Dropped Dead from Partying Exhaustion, Day 2!

The votecount has been reset. With 9 left, it is 5 to lynch or no lynch.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

There was an error in moderation. The player that was the victim of the error in moderation will be notified and a resolution will be sought with that player.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Signal blinked at the computer screen. That can't be right.

"What's up, Signal?" asked Ghostlin.

"The virus. All the songs are acting like normal songs now. It's...gone." Signal sounded baffled.

"Huh, almost like someone wrote himself out of a corner in a badly thought out game of mafia." Ghostlin noted.

That evening, the diner opened, and in the words of GLADOS, was a huge success.

Ghostlin,
Awful Moderator,
Lynched HIMSELF Day 2.

That means every player not eliminated through modkill wins!

Mod Notes: Not very well thought out by me, it seems. The nitty gritty of the moderation error is this: the Day Kill was supposed to be a scum day kill that was janitored for another Day. I messed up janitoring it and revealed a flip that would of had been important to a faction (Mafia).

The modkills were revolving around communication outside of thread. I'll show you the ideas behind this game when I do the role reveals tonight, but I'm very sorry this mini theme is a huge failure.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 628, haoala wrote:No chance of salvaging the game?

Not really. Yes, Maru's role was overpowered--however, I will say it's not due to role confirmation. IE, I as the mod did not confirm to anyone that Maru was town.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Which I'll show you in a few hours.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 633, Nikanor wrote:What was with the Mego modkill btw (while you're here)?

Mego PMed Umbrage a sarcastic apology when Umbrage posted asking apologies in twilight.

I modkilled Mego for posting PMing Umbridge while the game was ongoing. I modkilled Umbrage for asking and encouraging apologies from players in an ongoing game.

Neither of these were setup altering.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 635, Nikanor wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:Mego PMed Umbrage a sarcastic apology when Umbrage posted asking apologies in twilight.

I modkilled Mego for posting PMing Umbridge while the game was ongoing. I modkilled Umbrage for asking and encouraging apologies from players in an ongoing game.

Neither of these were setup altering.

So why did you modkill? That is grounds for a force-replace, not modkill imo.
Although I probably wouldn't even force-replace cuz i h8 umbrage

Umbrage was dead, so force replacing him wouldn't have worked.

Also, at that time I was having a devil of a time finding a replacement for Para.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Roles:

11) Any Way You Want It; 1980 (Redirector/Mason)
2) Don't Stop Believing; 1981 (Governor/Mason)
3) We Didn't Start The Fire, 1989 (Delayed Tracker)
4) Living on a Prayer; 1986 (Weak Doctor)
12) Total Eclipse of the Heart; 1983 (Roleblocker/Miller)
6) Eye of Tiger; 1982; Survivor (1 Shot Transferrable Bulleproof)
10) Walk Like an Egyptian; 1986 (Post Restriction Creator)
8) Don't Stand So Close to Me; 1980, Police (Sane Cop)
9) Karma Chameleon; 1983 (Targetted Copier ((Does not Copy Kills)) )

SK:
7) Pokerface; 2010 (Safeclaim: Shot Through the Heart, 1984, Vig) Serial Killer (Investigation Immune)

Mafia:
1) (This is) How You Remind Me; 2001 (Safeclaim: Material Girl, 1984; Town Aligned JoAT) Mafia Modified JoAT: 2 each of the following: Role Cop, Framer, Roleblock.
5) Who Will Save Your Soul?; 1996 (Safeclaim: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), 1983; Town Aligned Jailkeeper): +1 Mafia/SK Only Night if killed during Night; Mafia Jailkeeper
13) Ice, Ice, Baby; 1990 (Safeclaim: Sister Christian, 1983, Town Aligned Hider); Mafia Godfather

(These correspond to the numbers of the signup sheet, yes they were assigned randomly. :P)

Hi, Welcome to 80's Song Mafia!

You are Any Way You Want It; 1980, Redirector Mason.

Active Powers:

Mason: You know that Don't Stop Believing is a Mason (as well as being another Journey song) is in a Mason group with you and is protown. You may talk during night at this Quick Topic here: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/wuMYJMu47E6

Redirector: Choose two players. All actions that the first player does happen to the second player. You may not choose yourself for the first player.

Vote: You have a vote during the day phase. Use it!

Win Condition:

You are Don't Stop Beleving; 1981, One Time Governor Mason.

Active Powers:

Mason: You know that Any Way You Want It (as well as being another Journey song) is in a Mason group with you and is protown. You may talk during night at this Quick Topic here: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/wuMYJMu47E6

Governor: This one-time power works one of two ways:

1) Before the lynch, you may designate a player via sending me a PM. That player is immune to being lynched that Day phase. This will be announced in thread, and the Day will continue.

2) During twilight (which will last 24-48 hours), you may choose for the lynching player to be saved (not to be lynched) by sending me a PM. The day will instead end in a No Lynch and that player will be saved.

You may Governor yourself (for the good it does you).

Win Condition:

You are Living on a Prayer, 1986, Weak Doctor.

Active Powers:

Living on a Prayer: During the night phase, you may choose ANOTHER player. That player will not die if killed during the night phase, HOWEVER, if you target an person not aligned with the town with this power, you will die during the night phase. Your death flavor is Prayer Unanswered.

You are We Didn't Start the Fire; 1989, Delayed Tracker.

Active Powers:

History Buff (Delayed Tracker): Choose a player. You know who that player targetted on the Night previous. (Yes, this power is worthless Night 1.) This only works on players still alive.

You are Total Eclipse of the Heart; 1983, Roleblocker/Miller

Active Powers:

Angst (Roleblocker): You can fill people with it. Choose a player. That player does not perform any actions during the Night phase.

Passive Powers:

Miller: Many people who like you are ashamed to admit they do so. For the sake of powers that determine alignment, you come up Guilty.

You are Eye of the Tiger; 1982, 1 Shot Bulletproof Transferrable

Active Powers:

Trade Your Passion For Glory: Your 1 shot night kill immunity can be transferred to another player, which will prevent the first targetted kill against them. This does remove the 1 shot protection from you; however you will receive it back if not used. You will get a PM if the power is consumed, and this power can be blocked, which will return the 1 shot night kill immunity to you. But it will prevent any player from any death during the Night Phase. Once.

Passive Powers:

Just a Man And His Will To Survive: You have a 1 shot bulletproof which protects you from night kills. This works on the first thing that attempts to kill you.

You are Walk Like an Egyptian, 1986, Post Restriction Creator.

Active Powers:

Walk Like an Egyptian: During the Night Phase you can enforce on another player a post restriction of your choice. You cannot do anything obscene, against the rules or that would force them to reveal knowledge you wouldn't be privy to, (such as making the player confess his alignment) during the next Day. This resets each Night while you are alive.

You are Don't Stand So Close to Me, 1980, Sane Cop.

Active Powers:

Created By the Police: You may investigate one player a night and determine their alignment. While your sanity is assured, there may be means or roles to foil this ability.

Protown: You win when there are no non-1980;s songs left to threaten your town.

You are Karma Chameleon, 1983, Targetted Power Copier.

Active Powers:

Passive Powers:

Karma: When you are targeted with anything that is not a kill, you copy the effect and rebound it onto the target that copied you. (The power still works on you.) While this may not reveal the target immediately, it gives you an idea of what's out there. I will send you a PM the results of what your role copied when targetted.

You are Pokerface, 2010, Serial Killer.

Active Powers:

Kill: Once per night, you are to send me the name of a player to kill. Presuming you are not roleblocked or otherwise hampered, that player will die the next day. Your Kill flavor is Shot Through the Heart.

Passive Powers:

P-p-p-p-pokerface!: You show up Innocent to all investigate powers for alignment. Any Role Cop abilites will be treated as a Roleblock, Any attempt to change your alignment fails.

Deceit: You know Shot Through the Heart, 1984 is -not- in the game and would be an OK safeclaim. The suggested power for Shot Through the Heart is Town Aligned Vig, however you may choose to alter this however you like.

Destroy all Anarchonisms: You win the game when you are the only one left alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

You are (This is) How You Remind Me, 2001, Mafia (Modified) Jack of All Trades.

Active Powers:

Alternative: You get the following abilites to use at night once per night and one per game:

Role Cop: You can target an individual with this power and learn their name and power description.

Framer: You may choose a player. If an alignment power targets that player, that player reads Guilty to all powers that use alignment.

Roleblocker: You may choose a player. That player does not perform any actions during the Night phase.

Track: Choose a player. You may see all targets that player targetted that night.

(A Janitor ability was added later, kids, as well, and something that defeats tracking.)

Faction Kill: You and your partners may designate a person to kill during the Night Phase, and declare which one of you is going to execute the kill. You may use your powers and kill during the same phase. You have a QuickTopic which you can talk to your partners ( ) here:
Your PERSONAL Kill Flavor is Heartbroken. You may not choose to kill another Mafia member with this ability.

Passive Powers:

Deceit: You know Material Girl, 1984 and Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), 1983 and Sister Christian, 1983 are all not in this game. The flavors for these that are suggested are Town Aligned JoAT, Town Aligned Jailkeeper, and Town Aligned Commuter but you are free to choose to alter this as it suits you.

Out With the Old: You win when all of the 80's songs are destroyed, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are Who Will Save Your Soul?, 1996, Mafia Jailkeeper

Active Powers:

Who Will Save Your Soul: Choose another player. That target is both Blocked and Protected from kills this night.

Faction Kill: You and your partners may designate a person to kill during the Night Phase, and declare which one of you is going to execute the kill. You may use your powers and kill during the same phase. You have a QuickTopic which you can talk to your partners ( ) here:
Your PERSONAL Kill Flavor is Had Their Strings Cut. You may not choose to kill another Mafia member with this ability.

Passive Powers:

Deceit: You know Material Girl, 1984 and Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), 1983 and Sister Christian, 1983 are all not in this game. The flavors for these that are suggested are Town Aligned JoAT, Town Aligned Jailkeeper, and Town Aligned Commuter but you are free to choose to alter this as it suits you.

Out With the Old: You win when the only people alive are people in your faction, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are (Vanilla) Ice, Ice, Baby, 1990, Mafia Godfather with a One Time Unblockable Daykill.

Active Powers:

Your PERSONAL Kill Flavor is Frozen. You may not choose to kill another Mafia member with this ability.

Put Someone On Ice: You have the abilty to kill one person during the Day phase by sending me a message that says Kill: Player (or any variant there in). This kill cannot be blocked, but by using it, you lose all advantages of Often Mistaken for 80s below. You cannot use this ability in a Lylo situtation. This does NOT reset the votecount for that day except for the dead player's vote.

Passive Powers:

Often Mistaken for 80s: Due to the fact you were made in August of 1990, any abilites that are used to determine your alignment come up innocent. Attempts to track you are treated as if you have a permanent Roleblock. This power ends once you use Put Someone On Ice.

Out With the Old: You win when the only people alive are people in your faction, or nothing can prevent the same.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Nik--2birds killed you. She was the SK. Had you lived, DRK targetted you and would of forced you to talk in rhyme all of Day 2.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Things that Maru was targetted with N1: One shot bulletproof, Delayed Tracker (did nothing), and Jailkeep.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”