Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:54 pm

Post by Gaspode »

chaotic_diablo, wanna explain that little move?

In the meantime,
vote: Fritzler
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Hey, thanks for that. It's great to be back.
unvote: Fritzler

I don't really like people voting for themselves. The reason is interesting, but the action in itself is just weird.
vote: Chaotic_Diablo
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:48 am

Post by Gaspode »

FOS: PBug
--you defend Kain and then jump on him? I didn't even think the post was that overly defensive. It seemed more like a misinterpretation of posts than anything.

Also: C_D seems quite desperate to avoid a confrontation with al_k. Somewhat scummy.

Seeing no reason to change my vote as of now. While no one seems terribly scummy yet, C_D's self-voting kind of annoys me, and scum often try to play it safe, so it'll stay with him for now.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Heh. I just noticed PBuG's title. I forgot all about that, although I guess some things never change. ;)

Anyway, as to Y's theme question, I know pretty much everything about the first two seasons, and nothing about the third (it's not on DVD yet :( ), but I think I'm qualified to give some sort of answer. I could definitely see this game having a weird setup. The humor of the show is almost as much about the random non-Bluth characters as it is about the actual family, so almost anything is possible. I could see Maebe (rebellious daughter of Tobias and Lindsay) as an SK, as well as Wayne Jarvis (the extremely professional lawyer).

As for C_D's thing: I'm just not used to people agreeing that they look suspicious. You don't have to make a big deal of it, I just wouldn't expect you to say "well, I guess your suspicions make sense"--you are talking about yourself, after all. And more more importantly, my radar goes off at phrases like "to avoid a misunderstanding", and assuring us that it was a "clarification" rather than an accusation. I never thought that was an accusation, and it just seems like you're trying to cover yourself in case things get nasty.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I love Barry, but I doubt he'd be an SK, considering the SEC plot of this game. Probably an incompetent doc or something.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:18 pm

Post by Gaspode »

C_D: I'm not sure what you mean by "idle accusations". As for the word "desperate", perhaps it was a little extreme; it just happened to be the first word to spring to mind. It may have been phrased better like this: "C_D seems to be trying to avoid a confrontation with al_k. Somewhat scummy." The general idea still holds, though.

To become more familiar with the theme, go to any or all of these sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrested_D ... TV_series)
*Note: (TV_series) is part of the link, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up like that.*

http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/

http://www.bluthfamily.com/
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I don't think the accusation I made was "idle" at all. I was saying that you looked suspicious based on what I have found to be a relatively common mafia tell: avoiding any kind of conflict in order to fly under the radar and/or make no one mad at them. I have found phrases like the ones you used to be especially common. (No, I have never taken the time to find specific examples of this; however, I have played plenty of games, and found this tell to be somewhat useful.)

I'm not sure what the rest of your post is getting at. I found your response to be over-cautious and therefore slightly scummy. Arguing semantics doesn't change the general meaning of my accusation. I'll admit it's not the greatest reasoning in the world, but it's the best we've got right now, IMO.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:23 am

Post by Gaspode »

I doubt that the SEC is a role.

As for who's in the game and/or who's evil...

After reading a bit of the wikipedia info on the third season, I'd bet a lot of money that Annyong is the godfather, or at least some type of scum, possibly accompanied by Kitty, Oscar, or Maggie. If the Narrator is in it, he may also be evil.

I know if I were the mod, I would have trouble excluding any family member from the game, so I would think it's possible they're all in it. There are enough other characters to give the scum room to claim. Then again, I would probably have made this a large game, to tap the full potential of the theme, so my ideas might be skewed.

Unfortunately, speculation only gets us so far. Anyone else have any suspicions/ideas? I've posted all of mine. I'd like to hear from the lurkers, mostly sLYph, although Commodore and rite have not been all that helpful either.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:00 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Y wrote:Gaspode makes me feel uneasy. Although you say it's a common mafia tell, you keep trying to avoid conflict. You also seem to be friendly with everybody. Too friendly.
I don't know where I've been trying to avoid conflict. In fact, I think I've stirred up conversation more than most of the players in this game so far, and said plenty of things that could cause a conflict. Perhaps I need to start swearing and being obnoxious to make my points noticed.

As for my friendliness, well, I'm sorry I'm not a complete asshole. Some of it is probably a byproduct of the fact that I'm glad to be back from my long break from the site. Maybe I look over-friendly because I can separate the game from real life and state my suspicions and views civilly, without the use of personal insults, unlike most people on this site. I dislike the shouting battles that have started to take over most games; I'd rather focus on logical scum tells than who's more annoying.

As for rite's point, I honestly forgot about his little reputation, as I've been absent from the site for about a year. However, I know that's extremely WIFOM-ish, so I suppose there's nothing I can really say to that point.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Y, could you point out exactly what you mean by "avoiding conflicts" and "more of the same"? Other than me playing a slightly friendlier game than the average jerk (which I always do), your points seem completely baseless. Unless, of course, there is nothing, and you're just trying to force a reaction out of me. In which case you're fighting a losing battle, because it takes a lot to get me mad.

I think part of the problem is you've never played with me, and possibly anyone who plays in my style. My last game before this ended in September, which is before you got here, and the site's changed somewhat since then.

And I was just about to say the same thinga s C_D--the mafia would've figured out the whole doc thing anyway.

Keeping vote on C_D for now, as his vote is still on himself, and he hasn't done anything to seem any less suspicious than before. However, I'll throw an
FOS: Kain
out there. Reasons to come soon; it's mostly just a feeling, but I do have some tangible reasons. Unfortunately, I don't really have the time or brainpower to put them all into a coherent post right now.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:02 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Hi, sorry I haven't had the chance to post in the last day or two.

Anyway, as for your question, I don't see why you would value my opinion over anyone else's, but I don't have any problem posting my thoughts on the subject.

I disagree with most of Y's logic, but none of it seems especially scummy. Do you (Commodore Amazing) have any info that gives you reason to suspect him?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:04 pm

Post by Gaspode »

By the way, I will be away from tomorrow night to Saturday afternoon. Sorry to skip out like this, but I need to visit my prospective colleges. Next week I will be missing three days or so as well. I know it's kind of in bad taste to leave like this, but I didn't know about the trips until last week.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:10 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Hey, everyone, I'm back from Cornell, but I haven't had a time to read anything. If I'm lucky, I'll get to post tomorrow, but it is Easter, so it might have to wait another day or so.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:33 am

Post by Gaspode »

I haven't read everything of Day 2, but I have the general gist of the discussion. My thoughts on a mass claim: it probably won't hurt that much, except for possibly giving us a false sense of security about people with characters that are "probably good", and revealing "big name" characters. However, I'm not so sure it would really
help
much, and I'm not one to make a move in mafia without seeing a positive effect from it. But if the town wants one, I will participate fully and try to help with info and analysis as much as possible.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Wed May 03, 2006 1:18 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Have been poked. Sorry for my inactivity, despite my expectations, my life has been getting crazier every day. I hate to lurk, but I have a lot to deal with right now, so I can't really be the most prolific poster here.

I need to do some reading to be really useful, but I do know stuff about the banana stand:

It's how the Bluth family business started: someone (I believe George, Sr.) opened a stand on the boardwalk that sold frozen bananas, and eventually turned it into a real estate fortune. It is still open, run mainly by George Michael (George Sr.'s grandson), with some "help" from Maebe and Annyong. Michael (the main character) seems to think it'll teach George Michael some responsibility. The stand regularly gets destroyed for random reasons, and at one point, George Sr. was hiding $200,000 or so in the walls of the stand. Hence the line, "There's always money in the banana stand."
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #308 (isolation #15) » Fri May 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I'm sorry. I've been unable to keep up. If you really want, I can continue, but to be completely honest, I think it would be best for the game if I were replaced. A lot of unforseen things have popped up in my life, and I just can't make enough time for mafia. My apologies again for disrupting the flow of the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”