Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

the silent speaker, what is it you find so TERRIBLY, TERRIBLY suspect about my role? I think I've adequately explained the first thing you brought up. What else are you basing this on? I find your disbelief very frustrating, especially since you've ignored my offer of pointing out hints I left.

Btw, in the interest of honesty I'd like to note that I had heard of Lord Sutch. As Cogito Ergo Sum pointed out, nationality does not say everything. I recognised the name.

Pooky, why do you want to kill me so much?

I've had no more than a bad gut feeling as far as Fiasco is concerned, but with the deadline in view and the list in mind this does make him the best choice at the moment in my opinion.

Vote: Fiasco
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:37 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Well I hope Fiasco still has time to come along and claim, but as I see it, he makes a decent lynch and he's the only option right now.

And I thought you might have heard of Lord Sutch. Good to see my thinking was justified.

I wish we had more time, but we don't. So here's hoping:

vote: Fiasco
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:01 am

Post by Thok »

I sort of hope that Fritzler gets a magical ghost body, the kind of which you see in a Star Wars movie.

According to Fritzler (who we have no reason to disbelieve) we will not be having a lynch today as no more votes will be counted. However, I do not believe that testing this hypothesis is silly.

I will point out that our night scenes have described the activities of a lumberjack, and now we have imagery of a tree being chopped down in its prime. I assume that this character is among us, and is some sort of proxy for death.

To quote one Dr. McNinja, "Have you been lumberjacking?"

vote Fiasco
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Fiasco »

Jesus day-vigging Christ.

(I'm sad to say that's an expletive rather than a role claim.)

When,
two days ago
, I said: "I'd like to know, soon, whether many people intend to vote me now that Seol and VitaminR have claimed -- if so, I'm going to claim before it's too late for an alternative", I
wasn't kidding
. This is exactly the situation I wished to prevent. You didn't listen.

Since I don't even have a single thing to defend myself against, all I can do for now is claim. I won't claim fully until I feel it's strictly necessary.

I'm Galileo Galilei. My main post restriction is to have a physics word in each post. If you're unclear on any specific post, I'll be happy to tell you what word I used there. Past examples have included, off the top of my head: force, momentum, energy, experiment, inertia, gravity, matter, light, space, geiger counter, particle, wave, universe, friction, pressure, potential, current, and of course voltage. There is more, but it's something the scum would want to know. My role abilities have to do with Popes and (tele)Scopes; it's a weakish information-type thing. I prefer not to tell you more unless more strictly necessary. It will be useful to keep me around for at least the near future.

I feel it's pretty clear by now that the List is mostly useless. I urge you to reconsider your tactic of lynching me like nuclear waste. This is a quantum leap in foolishness.

And no, Thok, I have not been lumberjacking.

Oh, woe is identical to me.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:28 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Fiasco: 9 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Commodore Amazing, DrippingGoofball, petroleumjelly, PookyTheMagicalBear, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok, VitaminR)
Werebear: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Players Nominated: Commodore Amazing, DrippingGoofball, Fiasco, petroleumjelly, Seol, Tamuz, Thok, VitaminR, Werebear

Mod Note:
Deadline for Day is in approximately 1.5 hours.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:49 am

Post by Fiasco »

And
then
they all stop posting. Way to go. The lameness of this bandwagon is astronomical. (I would not normally say this. The meaning of this will become clearer later.)

I have some more info that will make my role more plausible. I have results from my telescope. I can choose, at night, to make these results publishable the next day. To do so I have had to follow an extra posting restriction (let me just say it's secrecy-flavored, Galileo-related, and intentionally hard to find). I was informed there would be unsavory elements trying to find the restriction and thereby thwart me. Maybe now that we have a dead Pope, these elements are gone; I don't know. I was warned of Popes. That's why I'm sure LML was scum. I'm not sure whether there are also other Popes in the game. Maybe even Alexander Pope. I wasn't directly told all Popes would be scum, but I was warned of them in a way. I put a dramatic pause between "a" and "pope" when I said it earlier today, to breadcrumb at the possibility of multi-popes, but the forum seems to have swallowed it. I know, I know. There is no forum. But you can still find it by quoting, should you so desire.

So yeah, this supports a religion theme.

I need two unvotes to be able to give my info to the town. If you don't find all this plausible, lynch me tomorrow.

Beware of vacuum cleaner salesmen. They are purveyors of suckage.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:49 am

Post by Fritzler »

OK, guys. I am still here to speak with you. Thok, I now believe I mis-spoke my role. I think the Fiasco lynch will carry through, and I am fairly impartial to it. I can not vote, so it doesn't matter. However, remember, im here with you guys in spirit, in advice, and wherer ever you, I got your back. You understnad me?
Surfs up dude.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:26 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

"I hate this island. Everything here is confusing. It seems like everybody has some sort of stupid ability that lets them 'confirm' themselves, but only if you let them live another day! Unvote me, and
then
I'll explain! I can't tell you everything, because it would be bad for the town, even though I am about to
die
and my information will be going to the grave anyways! This is seriously annoying the heck out of me.

"In any case, make it fast, Fiasco. Fiasco, my dear, I don't know how much attention you are paying to this game, but I find it highly unlikely that you actually need to be
under
a lynching vote in order to tell us information: that's a stupid restriction, and I don't believe it. We need one more person to unvote to put Fiasco back at eight votes, so that he may tell us more.

"Also, your saying that Popes are evil is quite interesting. I think that in itself deserves an unvote. I think since we have already had one death today and no deaths last night that it might not be all
that
bad if we no-lynch today."

Unvote: Fiasco
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Fiasco: 8 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Commodore Amazing, DrippingGoofball, PookyTheMagicalBear, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok, VitaminR)

Players Nominated: Commodore Amazing, DrippingGoofball, Fiasco, petroleumjelly, Seol, Tamuz, Thok, VitaminR, Werebear

Mod Note:
Deadline for Day is in approximately 30 minutes.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't feel COMFORTABLE following through with this lynch. We've had too many rush deadline explanations so far. I believe Fiasco's claim. I don't want a no-lynch, but this does not seem a better alternative. This does not feel like the way to play this game.

Unvote: Fiasco
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Fiasco »

Observe the vacuum that is this thread!

PetroleumJelly, thank you for the unvote. I hope someone else will be as wise as you. To clarify, it is not the case that I need to be under a lynching vote to tell you information. I need to make a decision tonight, and I can only make that decision under the condition that no one among a certain group of people (and I don't know for certain who this group is, or whether they might all be dead). Sending in this decision will enable me to "publish" the results. They are not something I can tell you today, in-thread. You know how sometimes scientists used weird forms of encryption to prove priority? This is a bit like this, and I'll explain soon when it starts looking completely hopeless.

Voltage Meters like Verbose Mafia.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Fiasco »

Observe the vacuum that is this thread! May the magnificent light rays of Lord Ebwop shine upon you all!

I meant to say: "under the condition that no one among a certain group of people (and I don't know for certain who this group is, or whether they might all be dead by now; maybe there's just one person in there) finds the way of encryption in my additional posting restriction and acts on this information".

VitaminR, thank you also for the unvote.

Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:44 am

Post by Fiasco »

Observe the vacuum that is this thread!

Since it's still very possible I'll die soon, I should say what I thought CES's faked restriction was. He seems to have a word in nearly every post with an "a" followed (not necessarily directly) by a "y". Of course that's a very common thing. But his posts are short, and they follow the pattern pretty faithfully.

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Fiasco: 7 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Commodore Amazing, DrippingGoofball, PookyTheMagicalBear, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok)

Mod Note:
Seol has not posted in the sixth real-time day of the game Day, and has therefore used his "miss".

Werebear has not posted in the sixth real-time day of the game Day, and is in danger of replacement.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:02 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The Rabbit

The group is lead into a clearing in the trees. Their guide brings them to a halt and motions for them to form a rough circle.

"It is that sublime time when you are called to choose among you. I trust that you have reached a decision? Mr. Grey will be pleased to see his latest plot creation in action!"

The man pulls a small cage out of his bag, and opens it. Inside is a fluffy white rabbit.

"I know; it looks like a harmless rabbit. But look more closely! It's got sharp pointy teeth!"

The entire staff would like to persuade you to look deep within yourself and realize that you knew we couldn't go too long without another Monty Python reference. We trust you will forgive us.

The cage is opened. The rabbit looks around, before suddenly flying, literally, to the throat of the unnamed guide. Blood squirts everywhere, more blood than could possibly have been contained in his body. The guide collapses to the ground. The rabbit looks at the guests, motionless except for a twitching nose. After a few moments of silence, it hops off into the woods to find its watch.

The guests don't have time to worry about yet another wacky plot twist. They are all soon asleep in the clearing.

Big Brother is watching.

Nobody (of consequence) (Nobody, the Random Wikipedia Link!) is dead.

Mod Note:
It is now Night 4. The deadline for Night is Monday, April 10, 8pm GMT. If you have failed your post restriction, posting requirements, or broken a rule during Day 4, you have been sent a PM. If you feel you have received this in error, contact the Moderator.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:02 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The Blitz

The guests begin to wake up as morning arrives, and they are already moving. They wonder before they are fully awake whether they have been sleepwalking, but then they realize that they are not walking at all. They are being carried in some sort of cage on wheels.

Realizing that their cargo is waking, the latest captors stop. Into the guests' field of view appear four strange men, wearing some sort of ridiculous looking purple armor. Their faces are somewhat obscured by face masks attached to helmets, but the guests can easily tell them apart by large numbers on their chests.

"They're awake, 70."

"Can we eat them now, 77?"

"We can't eat them all, 81. We have clear instructions. Right, 70?"

"Right. They can choose while we carry them. Now let's move. I'll lead the way. Your turn on the cart, 88."

The cart begins to move again. The guests do a quick count and discover that there are only a dozen of them remaining. They ask their captors what happened to the other two.

"They were dead when we found you. 70 wouldn't even let us eat them."

"You wouldn't have wanted to, 81. They weren't fresh."

"77 found one with her... his... whatever... head buried in the sand like an ostrich. Must've been confused, shame."

"And the other one was shot, right 70?"

"Yes, 88, brains blown out all over the place."

"Now pick someone for us to eat. We're hungry!"

A shudder passes through some of the guests, but there doesn't appear to be much to do for the moment other than discuss who they might want to get rid of next, so that will have to do until the next bizarre plot twist.

DrippingGoofball (Colonel Robert Green Ingersoll, the Agnostic!) and PookyTheMagicalBear (Derren Brown, the Serial Killer!) are dead.

12 guests remaining.

Mod Note:
It is now Day 5. The deadline for Nominations is Thursday, April 13, 8pm GMT. Check your PM box before posting.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:02 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Commodore Amazing, Tamuz, and Werebear are automatically on the "lynching block", and therefore do not need to be Nominated.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:32 am

So that was surprising.

As I said, I'll claim today. I'm Sister Grace Voluble, one of the Chattering Nuns, from the book Good Omens. Mike is Sister Gabriela "Gabby" Gregarious(hence his posting restriction), although I'm not sure he actually appears in the book. For those unfamiliar with the book, there is also a Sister Mary Loquacious and if we had simply name-claimed, the logical question would have been why she was absent. She isn't absent and she hasn't been exactly secretive about her identity. To illustrate my reasons for not name-claiming, I will not divulge her identity, but let the town find out. It's not difficult.

If anyone has any further questions about my decision and/or any remarks mike and I have made, feel free to ask.

Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Werebear »

...and that's not going to happen again if I can help it. Now, we're at almost HALF the town gone, and yet still, no obvious dead masons (unless I'm missing something in the role names and descriptions). Now, there's several things going on here. First of all, Pooky was the serial killer. For some reason, he didn't kill the satanist. That will go unanswered for a while, since of course Serial Killers work alone, no ties could be drawn between the two. My personal theory is he believed the mason idea. HOWEVER... We might have a cop out there as well. Again, no role has led me to believe the cop has died, although I would never have guessed that Derren Brown was a serial killer, had I not been told.

So where am I going with this? I'm saying it's day 5. 4/5 of the people here dead. The serial killer is dead, limiting the kills per night to (hopefully) one. It might be time for the cop to come forwards. It might be time for the masons to reveal more than they have. It might, heavens forbid, be time for the town to wonder if of the 11 players (that aren't me) left alive, there really are about 3 masons and 3-4 mafia left, or if there is one group of mafia posing as masons.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:50 am

Post by Werebear »

Aaaaand, I get trumped by someone talking while I'm still thinking about what to say. Let me think about what the satanic Sister Grace, who has to start sentences with with the name of Satan, the father of lies, has said. I don't know the book Good Omens, but now seems like a great time to find out.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:58 am

Post by VitaminR »

Looking at how Pooky's role SHOWS up, it seems pretty obvious LML was scum.

Werebear, I don't think we should ever take a claim at face value, but I don't think your scepticism is warranted. There isn't really much evidence beyond their satanism to suspect them at this point. I also don't like how you're pushing for a cop claim. The timing of that should rely on the player. The player has more information.

In other news, I need another NOMINATION today.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:59 am

Post by Werebear »

And for what is probably my third post in a row, I'd like to ask Cogito why his character isn't found in the great big and wonderous Guide that the puppeteers running this "game" allow us glimpses into whenever someone is brutally murdered. Indeed, the puppeteers have blatently told us that all of us are found in the Guide, have they not? And yet, you're not.

I just wish the Guide they show us would have the words "Don't Panic" inscribed in large friendly letters on the cover.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:09 am

Adventure is fun!

I was referenced to the Good Omens entry of the great Guide. But I do believe my role is very much mithic. I also believe the chattering nuns are a familiar character to a number of us here(including me, as I alluded to earlier). I would say we are less obscure than Ingersoll and I don't think Mr. Grey based his selections on the great Guide.

Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:14 am

Post by Fiasco »

Silenced by Pope today. (Urban? GreGory?) Fifty words max real-daily. Cannot nominate, vote. Results inaccessible (until Pope death?). Anagrams were discovered. One pair each post, six plus letters. ("lameness", "salesmen") Google: Galileo anagrams.

Mike female?! Thought "Omens" biography?!?! Gregarious real?! Dubious. Note Aziraphale quote!

Fluff: "atom". EPPUR SI MUOVE!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:25 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Cogito speaks the truth, although it would have been much simpler for him to just tell me yesterday that the reason we shouldn't claim was because it could reveal the third mason. It could have saved us a bit of grief if he had just told me that.

Regardless, kudos to the mafia for killing the serial killer for us. I'm assuming that's what happened. Then again, he might have killed himself. He was shot afterall, which coincides with his passion for Russian Roulette.

I will now nominate VitaminR by request, and Fiasco as punishment for his babbling.

The Quick Brown Fox jumpted over the Shaggy Dog

nominate: VitaminR, Fiasco
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”