Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Wraith »

mbstokem
replaces tclawren effective immediately.

Night ends in approximately 5-8 hours.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Wraith »

Day Three

Spoiler: Daybreak
On the Burning Throne, the
Beran
stirred at the noise. The great double-doors groaned and small, sillouhetted figure rushed inside the hall. "
Mein Herr
, did you
sleep
on the Burning Throne?" said the steward.

"It appears I dozed off," said Sturmengard, rubbing his face. "What news?"

Stepping onto the Throne's elevated platform, the steward had an uneasy look on his face, licking his lips and breathing deeply. "Tidings from Mos Kaligon,
Herr Beran
," he said, handing Sturmengard a telegram. The
Beran
's expression quickly changed from drowsy to grim.

"Stifle news of this," he said, crumpling the note. "I have to do some serious damage control. I will see none of the delegates today."

David Xanatos
Moran Argelev (Mason Beloved Prince)
, Murdered Night Two

Day Three has been skipped. It is now
Night Three
. Please forward all night actions via PM by
October 10, 2011
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Wraith »

Day Four

Spoiler: Daybreak
Leaning forward on the Burning Throne, the
Beran
rubbed as his forehead, hands covering his face. He sighed as the great doors heaved open and the inevitably-arriving steward strode across the hall. "What news?" he asked, leaning back again and clearing his throat.

"Two bodies were found in the palace's telegraph station. It was Miran Valterran and his aide."

"What were they doing in there?"

"I can't say for certain. Contacting someone, of course," the steward said. The
Beran
made a strange gesture and expression and then waved for him to continue. "There was a major disturbance in the family parlor. By the time guardsmen arrived they found the
Terrarch
Blackmore of the Third Legion dead, near a weapon, and a bloodstain by the door. It appears another body was moved,
herr.
."

"Was that body one of the other representatives?"

"No,
mein herr
."

The
Beran
groaned. "They're picking us apart one by one. I want
answers
today, not excuses from these fools. Send them in."

Shinki
Valterran Armaments (Gunsmith)
, Murdered Night Three
monk
3rd Legion "Stormtroopers" (Mason)
, Murdered Night Three

With 15 alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for today is
November 1, 2011

ALL PLAYERS HAVE 24 HOURS TO POST BEFORE MASSPROD
Show

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by MattP »

So Shinki wasn't detective then. O.o Well, that's surprising.
SlappyKrust
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 878, MattP wrote:So Shinki wasn't detective then. O.o Well, that's surprising.

No it's not. She perfectly soft-claimed Gunsmith when she said '
tell me about your killing powers, Mr. Scum
'. She was wrong about the scum part since StrangerCoug was a third party but it doesn't matter anymore. He is unlikely to have a ally anymore.

The scum group is likely to be Eastern now. Reasonable estimation has them being at most 2 with killing abilities. The town had a day vig (SleepyKrew) and a a claimed Night Vig, so it's unlikely we have any other killing roles. A protective role was certainly implemented to work with the beloved part of David Xanatos role. After that we certainly have a roleblocker.

One question remains now : Who is doing the second kill ?

Another Third Party or Another Scum Group or both of them are due to an unknown factor (compulsive paranoid gun-owner) ? What are your thoughts on that ?

@kdowns : Any kills tonight ?

For the time being : VOTE: MattP for thinking he can cruise through Day 4 like if it were Day 1.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Kdowns claimed 1 shot.

vote: Matt P
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

Love this MattP BW

##Vote: MattP
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

How are you sure it's a third party and not two separate mafia factions?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Especially noting that the kill ratio didn't go down, as the third kill in the night preceding SC's lynching was caused by SK's gun. I'd be tempted to suggest two different mafia factions given SK's death didn't change anything, unless someone fired a gun AGAIN.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Yay triple posting. I'll hit preview next time, I promise. Given the death on N2 being singular, that might actually be possible. SC could've been a SK, and Shi Ki could've given a gun to the wrong person and got himself shot in the process given the person was smart enough to clue into what was going on, explaining two deaths on N3.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by kdowns »

My Night Kill was a one shot
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Magua »

Given that his name is flipped in red, I'd say chances are very high that StrangerCoug was mafia and not third party. Going by the flavor with their lynches, StrangerCoug was part of the "rebellion in the North" mafia and Empking was part of the "rebellion in the East" mafia.

Xanatos came from the west. I imagine that there's someone/something interesting from the south, though I don't think it's a killing faction because those numbers don't add up.

kdowns is town from D1.
Otolia is town from D1.

Of those who remain:
I'm suspicious of those who jumped onto StrangerCoug's lynch D2 while going, "lolcopreport": MacDougall (especially with #809 and #812), PeregrineV, Agar, Nero Cain (especially with #843), EtherealCookie. There be bussers in them thar hills. Money is on PeregrineV and Agar.

Soda curiously posts right at that time but doesn't mention Shinki or StrangerCoug at all, but FoS'es MattP.

manho's #864 "I see SC is at L-1 why can't anyone see this cop is fake?" just reads so incredibly bad town (but still town). MacDougall's "if SC flips town I'm going to come eat you" in #866 also seems very town for the same reasons.

So:
manho is town.
Macdougall is town.

AGar is scum.
Peregrine is scum.

MattP is scummy, but he's scummy in a newbie sort of way that makes me want to keep him around because if he's stupid newbie town he should live and if he's stupid newbie scum he'll lead us to his partners.

Everyone else is just this incredibly bland ball of null for me.

VOTE: AGar
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by AGar »

VOTE: SodaSpirit

No consistency in his reads whatsoever
Going with the popular flow
Not providing any real or tangible and correct content.

Hi scum, die scum.

Oh and lolmaguausobadatthissticktobeingdaysk.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by MacDougall »

The following is the entirety of Vezokpiraka's posting in this thread.

In post 123, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm House Argelev.

Okay then.

In post 132, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 128, gandalf5166 wrote:You don't Lynch me for the same reason you don't Lynch a survivor. Lynching me has exactly the same effect as if you left me alive and I decided to work against you(you get one less chance to Lynch scum), it's just more distracting.

No no no.

We lynch you right now. Last few times you claimed something that isn't town but isn't bad to town you turned on us and killed us.

You die right now.

vote gandalf

Hmmm.

In post 341, vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote davidX

Why do you have to post so much guys

Lol.

In post 442, vezokpiraka wrote:Yeah.

We can lynch monk and david together for being scum.
"Third Legion Stormtroopers Allied to the true Heir of the Throne." - monk

I see neither loyalist nor House Argelev in your claim. You are scum my friend.

unvote vote monk

Yes, definitely scum that guy. :roll:

In post 860, vezokpiraka wrote:
I think SC is pretty scummy. But I'm not sure what to think.

Shinki is playing so fail with that claim and SC is making good points.

I never saw a cop that didn't want his guilty lynched.

Nice read. You aren't sure what to think? But you just said you think? But you aren't sure? Ouch. Brain.

In post 862, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 861, MacDougall wrote:Check it out. Fifth post in the thread. First in well over 24 hours, just happens to be when his name is mentioned. I believe they call this, "active lurking".

Actually I didn't have time to check the thread before. I told the mod that.

Also your accusations are baseless you I don't really care about them.

This is just a terrible post. "You say I am scum? Well... poo poo to you sir. Poo poo." Gotta lynch this guy on principle.

In post 870, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 868, MacDougall wrote:Honestly, if I come under immense scrutiny for disagreeing with lynching a player who flips scum, then doing it IN THE FACE OF A COP READ has to go one step further.

HE NEVER SAID HE IS A COP.

He is just playing stupid hoping someone dies. Next thing you know tomorrow after SC town flip he comes and says. Oh sorry guys I was just a watcher, tracker, whatever and I thought by my flavor that he could be scum.

But earlier you were happy to let us all roll with Shinki being a cop, because it suited you, here it suits you to say otherwise. You flip flopped on an important issue.

Anywho, this has been the scummiest player since day 1, gotta go imo.

vote Vezok
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 am

Post by manho »

Sorry for doubting you, shinki. That claim fits a gunsmith after the flip.

Will read the thread when i get my laptop back. Posting by phone now...
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 am

Post by manho »

i think there are probably 2 scums team. those 2 kills last night don't seem like from town.

i agree that mattp is scummy. and soda is probably scum too. they both provide no content.

and there must be something wrong with vezok still alive. it's day 4 now.

vote: mattp
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 886, Magua wrote:Given that his name is flipped in red, I'd say chances are very high that StrangerCoug was mafia and not third party. Going by the flavor with their lynches, StrangerCoug was part of the "rebellion in the North" mafia and Empking was part of the "rebellion in the East" mafia.

I think this is more accurate in terms of speculation than this:

Otolia wrote:
In post 878, MattP wrote:So Shinki wasn't detective then. O.o Well, that's surprising.

'. She was wrong about the scum part since StrangerCoug was a third party but it doesn't matter anymore. He is unlikely to have a ally anymore.

The scum group is likely to be Eastern now. Reasonable estimation has them being at most 2 with killing abilities. The town had a day vig (SleepyKrew) and a a claimed Night Vig, so it's unlikely we have any other killing roles. A protective role was certainly implemented to work with the beloved part of David Xanatos role. After that we certainly have a roleblocker.

Another Third Party or Another Scum Group or both of them are due to an unknown factor (compulsive paranoid gun-owner) ? What are your thoughts on that ?

For the time being : VOTE: MattP for thinking he can cruise through Day 4 like if it were Day 1.

I'm curious to see where you see MattP "cruising" through day4 when he has all of one post.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:27 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 879, Otolia wrote:

I think none thought red was a third party. The only people I've seen saying that someone who flipped scum is third party are scums in the same scum team.

My scumbuddies used that with me in other games. I used it in other games and so on.

You aren't town.
unvote vote otolia
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am

Post by AGar »

Ah right... MacDougall is in this game.

Man I wish I had a double dayvig right now.

And no, Vezok. That is the shittiest logic I have ever seen anyone use. And this isn't your first game. Jesus christ start playing like you have a brain please?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 892, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 879, Otolia wrote:

I think none thought red was a third party. The only people I've seen saying that someone who flipped scum is third party are scums in the same scum team.

My scumbuddies used that with me in other games. I used it in other games and so on.

You aren't town.
unvote vote otolia

This was a minor thought flash to me, but didn't really think too much of it at the time.

But if I'm not the only one thinking it, then maybe there is something too it.

Vote:Otolia

pedit- lol- You saying everyone else is wrong doesn't make them wrong.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Otolia »

I said StrangerCoug was a Third Party (and thus alone) because the name of his faction is the name of his house. It's different that
Eastern
or even
Loyalist
. Maybe it is a scumgroup, but it doesn't matter. I also said there was another scumgroup aside from the
Eastern
and it doesn't matter if this another scumgroup is
Bremburg
or not. Foccusing your attention on that minor point of my speech is a proof that you have low interest in seeing motivations behind actions and thus earns you suspicion - though vezok might just be not making sense.

@PeregrineV
: When someone opens the Day 4 of a game where there have been a lot of NK, it is suspicious to post one-liner commenting on something that is irrelevant now. He didn't make too much of an effort throughout the game. It's time to wake up.

Which brings me to point out kdowns, Nero Cain, SodaSpirit along with manho for blindly following the wagon. If you voted against MattP for my reasons, then you are doing the same thing that you accuse him of, if you have another reason, please tell us.

@EtherealCookie
: You don't know what a Gunsmith do, do you ? It's an investigating role, thus Shinki couldn't have given out any gun. And please, hit preview before posting.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 am

Post by AGar »

1-Shot BP is a pretty common modifier for an SK sooooooooooooooooo.

SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 am

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

oh damn I forgot about vezok. He's definitely scum. Don't like AGar still.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:44 am

Post by AGar »

In post 897, SodaSpirit17 wrote:oh damn I forgot about vezok. He's definitely scum. Don't like AGar still.

Day 2, I was worth a vote because I "wasn't providing content" supposedly.
Day 4, I'm still suspicious, but MattP is the leading bandwagon for god only knows what reason (didn't know what a gunsmith is? c'monnnn) so he gets voted.

Also, all of his suspicions align with people who have votes.

Please note this, and lynch the fuck out of him with fire now?

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:17 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Op.
Disregard my post, then, the gunsmith role works dramatically differently than any other variations I've seen of it on other forums/games.
I still have no idea how you're convinced he's a SK as opposed to a different mafia member faction though. And no, don't use flavor to defend it, the mod has already stated flavor logic is idiotic and won't work.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”