NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 9, Slandaar wrote:
In post 5, ZeL1nK wrote:VOTE: DavidParker

I only signed up to this game so I could lynch him. Help me out.

Consider yourself helped

VOTE: DavidParker

AND MY AXE!

VOTE: DavidParker
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 am

Post by iamausername »

ZeL1nk, how am I going to tell the difference between you and Zdenek?

Zdenek, same question.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:09 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 167, Revenus wrote:For example, you guys are all trying to scumhunt to various degrees. Whereas people like iamausername have posted merely fluff like this

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:37 pm
ZeL1nk, how am I going to tell the difference between you and Zdenek?

Zdenek, same question.

Funny that you single out that post in particular, considering this:

In post 64, Revenus wrote:Also, we have like three people whose usernames start with "thea" so I'd like to establish "nicknames" for each person early on instead of refering to a name that could be construed as any one of 3 players.

I realise that you have posted other things and I haven't, but you're still implicitly admitting to posting something you think of as fluff, no?

P.S. ThAdmiral is ThAd. Problem solved.

The following are more likely town than the average player:

Pine
Beck
Sky
pops
Slandaar
DavidParker

In post 164, theamatuer wrote:One of beck/pine is probably scum. Of course, considering Beck's record, he's probably caught another townie again >.>
Also David? You'd probably find a lot of similarities with rev.

This post is the scummiest post in the game.

In post 176, theamatuer wrote:Basically, both people used rather weak reasons to attack the other, which is kinda acceptable considering theres only 7 pages, but the fact that this happens at 7 pages is kinda suspicious.
A possibility is that beck attacked Pine, who is scum, for weak reasoning, and that Pine reacted and starting attacking Beck in retaliation.
Of course, there really isn't anything I can see that currently puts one on top of the other in terms of scumminess, so I'll just
fos: beck and Pine

I'll probably change one to a vote when a majority appears on one or if one turns scummier than the other.
pedit: just saying, but considering curfews, I wont be active at all on weekdays. I could probably crank out a few posts, but It'll have to take the weekends to start posting as much as i want to.
ppedit: wth. invalid form :|

Wait, no, it's this one.

UNVOTE: DavidParker
VOTE: theamateur
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 195, Revenus wrote:And iam, coming in and going "well I haven't posted anything but here is a post that I think you have fluffed" isn't really doing anything and you should be posting actual game content.

I'm not saying that post is fluff. I'm saying you seem to think it's fluff, and therefore I'm wondering why you posted it.

I don't mind votes on theam because theys how that people find him scummy, but last game he was very scummy and stupid and turned out to be town so he's one of those players where even if he is scum at the end, it'l be easy for town to tell if he is. There are other options IMO.

What kinds of "scummy" things did he do in the game you're talking about? Did he, for instance, set up a totally unjustified "one of these two is scum" dichotomy, and then freely admit that he would be making no effort whatsoever to figure out which of the two it was, and would instead vote for whichever one proved to be more popular?

I am fully aware that he is the kind of player that frequently gets lynched early on regardless of his alignment. That doesn't mean he can't be scum here. I've seen his town play before, and I've wrongly suspected him before, but nonetheless, I still don't think this is his town play.

What other options do you think I should be following?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 am

Post by iamausername »

Beck wrote:
In post 385, Revenus wrote:Actually Pine/Slaandar, would you guys be down with a Beck lynch? At worst we lynch town d1 which although unfortunate, happens all the time to far better players than Beck. At best we get rid of scum who has been mass posting in a disruptive manner, and is seriously allowing almost everyone to just pop in and comment on him. It will certainly clear up the game flow. This is just a proposition, but Beck is far and away the most antitown player in the game and I don't see any signs of improvement from him that will help us in the coming days.

And I'm fine with Hiraki and funkybike.

This is a horrible post btw. There is no town motivation in this post

QFT.

UNVOTE: theamateur
VOTE: Revenus
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 am

Post by iamausername »

I totally agree that it would be nice if Beck would shut the fuck up, but he's not scum.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 420, Hiraki wrote:
In post 418, iamausername wrote:I totally agree that it would be nice if Beck would shut the fuck up, but he's not scum.
You don't think Revenus was displaying any types of emotions?

I think the emotion he's displaying is rubbing his hands with glee as he watches the lunatic distracting everybody's attention by shitting himself all over the thread. If that counts as an emotion.

Take out the first and last sentence and I could maybe see that post coming from frustrated town, but as is, no.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:43 am

Post by iamausername »

As you may already be aware if you ever read Mafia Discussion, I'm going to be on little to no access this weekend & next week, but Faraday has agreed to temporarily replace me for that period (assuming this is OK with the mod).

But before I go, I'm going to try to post something actually substantial, because I've been kind of neglecting this game a bit. So, thoughts on everyone will be coming later tonight and/or tomorrow. Cross my heart.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

alphabetically...

Spoiler: Beck
Look if you don't see that Beck is obvious town I don't even know what to say to you

Spoiler: bvoigt
He's kept his posts fairly brief, but he seems to be on the same wavelength as me a lot of the time, which is definitely a good sign.

His thoughts in 458 especially look like town thinking to me, and I'll definitely bear his points in mind when I get to pops, who I'm pretty sure I was seeing as town before, though I forget why.

Spoiler: DavidParker
Even more brief, but at least he's voting for Revenus.

OTOH, his reason for voting Revenus is
In post 143, DavidParker wrote:This post just screams scum: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p3514009 Make a decision you useless chump.

and yet his thoughts on Beck are

In post 188, DavidParker wrote:Rev scum - agree
Zelink scum - probably not, hes just like this
Beck scum - Meh seems kinda just like a bit of an eedjit. Maybe scum.

Slandaar scum or dumb - i think scum.

which strikes me as more than a little hypocritical. And he's really coasting. Unlike bvoigt, I don't think his minimal content has been content-rich in the slightest.

Spoiler: funkybike1
It's my understanding that he plays like this in every game, which is irritating.

I suspect that he is a lot sharper than he might at first appear, which would make the rampant stupidity on display in 359 scummy and not just dumb, but I guess I'm willing to consider the possibility that I've overestimated him. Probably worth doing a full meta read to figure out which side is more likely - given how brief his posting is, it wouldn't take long. Remind me to get on that when I'm done here, if I have time. Or do it yourself, if you prefer.

Spoiler: Hiraki
Irritating playstyle, but generally I believe that he believes the words he's saying.

Spoiler: Pine
Seriously, 344 alone is pretty strong evidence that Pine is town. I'm not saying that scum never make effortposts, but they're pretty fuckin' unlikely to in a game where something like 80% of the players are lurking hard and nobody is listening to anyone else's cases.

Spoiler: popsofctown
Oh right, I remember. pops in his very first post looked like town to me, just for bothering to look up the post that Zdenek referenced and try to understand the reasoning behind his policy lynch on sorgster. Could be that pops is scum with sorgster, I suppose, but otherwise, I don't think scum would take that much time to figure out the reasons why Zdenek wanted to policy lynch him, because that's not important to them.

But... his case about Zdenek backpedalling on whether his policy lynch suggestion was serious is still completely valid, and yet he seems to have forgotten why he thought Zdenek was scum. That's certainly problematic. And pops' rebuttal to this point basically makes no sense whatsoever.

Spoiler: Primate
Pretty hard to get any sort of read on him from a single half-done catch up post.

Spoiler: Revenus
This guy has been giving me a scum read deep in my gut for friggin' ages, and now I'm gonna lay out every little thing that makes him scum.

As I pointed out before, there's the part where he attacks me for posting "fluff" in pointing out the similarity between the usernames of Zdenek and Zel1nk, when he himself had previously made this post:

Also, we have like three people whose usernames start with "thea" so I'd like to establish "nicknames" for each person early on instead of refering to a name that could be construed as any one of 3 players.

Post 124 is just an awful response to Pine calling Sky town. Just awful.

Post 177: Red flag here:

Slandaar, Pine is not a good vote. I've been on a similar wavelength as him, and so I thnk that makes him town. He's a bad direction to pursue
at least for day 1.

Is Pine going to suddenly stop being town after Day 1? This is not quite The Tell, the slam dunk 100% accurate scum tell that I'm always looking out for, but it comes pretty close to it. Being overly concerned about the future is hella scummy.

Here's a couple of quotes:

And if it seems like I'm excusing theam's play; I'm not. It was bad last game. it derailed day one because it was just so easy for everyone to attack him, and it allowed scum to fit right in without having to contribute.

Pretty much: I'm not trying to defend theam if town wants him lynched; by all means thats fine since he doesn't contribute much to town anyways. I just want it to be for a better reason than on the surface scummitude, because he is a pretty poor player, so its easy to pull off his lynch should scum choose to.

Why is Revenus so concerned about whether it looks like he's defending theamateur?
It's because they're both scum. Image

Another quote:
I'd actually be ok with pretty much anyone's lynch beyond the 3 I named as town earlier.

Just gonna leave that hanging.

And another:
Actually Pine/Slaandar, would you guys be down with a Beck lynch? At worst we lynch town d1 which although unfortunate, happens all the time to far better players than Beck. At best we get rid of scum who has been mass posting in a disruptive manner, and is seriously allowing almost everyone to just pop in and comment on him. It will certainly clear up the game flow. This is just a proposition, but Beck is far and away the most antitown player in the game and I don't see any signs of improvement from him that will help us in the coming days.

And I'm fine with Hiraki and funkybike.

Now, Revenus has said on numerous occasions that Beck is town, but then he gets so pissed off with Beck's bullshit that he decides he doesn't care if he's lynching town, he just wants to get rid of the fucker. That's understandable as an emotional response; Beck's pissing everybody off, after all. But this does not read like an emotional response. This reads like a cold and calculating response, attempting to manipulate the most active players, and thus control the town.

Post 424 in response to my vote looks like classic "you caught me for the wrong reasons".

After that he's pretty much started trolling, it seems. Well, why not.

Spoiler: ScreamingHawk
What a useless player. God. He literally made a post on
page 28
that was just an Unvote. Ugh.

Spoiler: Shattered Viewpoint
This guy is even fucking worse. I don't really like this kind of playstyle even when it's used by someone who has any justification to act like they're the king of mafia geniuses, certainly don't like it coming from this joker.

If someone would like to shoot him in the face tonight, it would be much appreciated.

Spoiler: Sky
Well, at least it's not another unreadable douchebag. He's not doing much of anything useful, but he is town.

In post 683, Sky wrote:This game is filled with so much shit, from multiple posts to game theory. I've had trouble keeping up :? there's so much filth to wade through.

Amen, brother.

Spoiler: Slandaar
Gonna run out of time if I don't rush some of these, so:

Town.

Spoiler: SodaSpirit17
He's really lurking, which as far as I recall is not particularly characteristic of his play in previous games, so it may well be actual scummy lurking.

Spoiler: sorgster
seems pretty town-like

Spoiler: sword_of_omens
Nothing striking me either way.

Spoiler: ThAdmiral
Based on past experiences, I think ThAd is someone I'm very good at reading, and this definitely looks like town ThAd to me.

Spoiler: theamateur
We've been over this; just because he always "looks scummy" doesn't mean he can't be scum, and he actually does look scummy here.

But then posts like 555 is so epically stupid that I start to think that maybe he really could believe that two people attacking each other strongly must indicate that one of them is scum. Pretty much agreeing with Pine's fencing analogy at this point. This game is painful.

Spoiler: vijay2vasandani
looks town

Spoiler: Zdenek
Eh. I don't agree with much of what he says, but I'm not seeing a lot of scum motivation in much of it.

Spoiler: ZeL1nK
lol @ everyone voting him for saying he's obvtown

because that's so scummy

he's obvtown

Pretty colours:

Beck
Pine
ThAd
Slandaar
bvoigt

ZeL1nK
Sky
vijay
sorgster

Hiraki
Zdenek
sword
Primate
ScreamingHawk
Shattered

pops
theamateur
funkybike
Soda
DavidParker
Revenus

And now I leave you in Faraday's capable hands. I "look forward" to returning to a game that's still on D1, but has accumulated another 200 pages by the time I get back!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by iamausername »

Hey folks, I'm back. May take me a couple of days to get caught up on this beast, though.

Thanks again to Faraday for filling in.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

I guess I need to read this thread now. Damn.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 2120, iamausername wrote:I guess I need to read this thread now. Damn.

I am working on this, fyi, but you've seen this game, it's gonna take a while. And I don't want to spam the thread up even worse by posting half formed thoughts. It'll totally be worth it in the end, promise (maybe).
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

VOTE: Revenus

pretty sure nothing has happened in the 70 pages since i last made a worthwhile post to change the fact that he is scum, so.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

i'm trying to incentivise myself to actually put effort into this game by generating a situation where i might be in danger of a lynching if i don't

is it working
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:13 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 2429, Revenus wrote:Pine, if there are two scum teams (which, I don't know WHY town would speculate on this, because only scum wonder where extra shots come from if it weren't theres), then if two people on a scumteam are bussing me, that would be the entire scumteam.

lmao
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2532 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:03 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 2508, Pine wrote:
In post 2505, sorgster wrote:If revenus is a werewolf that would confirm that there are two scum teams. If he is mafia, at least we lynched scum

This...seems tantamount to a scumclaim. Sorgster has officially killed his Towncred with me. Even if it isn't a scumslip, it's bad, bad, terribad logic.

According to the flavour, there are two scumteams, named "Mean Guys Mafia" and "Rolling Heights Gang".

sorgster's post here is pretty obviously an indicator of town ignorance, not any kind of scumclaim, what are you talking about. Come on.

Let's not lynch sorgster.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:54 am

Post by iamausername »

It's actually really, really likely that it was a scum slip from sorgster, because he specifically suggested the possibility that Revenus is a werewolf and he's convinced there's two scum teams (even though two nks doesn't mean shit n1 with no scum flips) for some unknown reason and has been basing all his scum lists off this assumption.

Put two and two together, it's something he'd think as mafia who doesn't know what the other scum team is (he thinks it's "werewolves").

I don't understand the scumslip here.

Why would scum have any more reason to assume that two kills = two scumteams than town?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:56 am

Post by iamausername »

DGB's in the game now? OK, now I might actually get around to reading it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:32 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 2725, Pine wrote:Revenus needs to eat rope or a bullet.

+1

Gonna look into this Velazanth thing in more depth though, on the surface it's looking pretty legit. And

pops wrote:most importantly, when in doubt, sheep DGB.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by iamausername »

So the gist of the day's events are that Pine is a vig who tried to kill theamateur N1, but it failed? And we just saw a Mafia Doctor flip?

Guess I can put off reading this game a little longer.

VOTE: theamateur

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”