The Mystery... The Mayhem (Good or Bad?)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

In a game with unique roles and other twists, how much should the mod reveal to players at the beginning of the game?

Total votes: 0

mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:11 am

Post by mole »

I like Angel Fish's method. After your weird characters die, give a short description of whose side they were on and what they did. You can probably get away with not telling them anything in some themed games (Bladerunner was a good example - it wasn't hard to work out that the replicants were [allegedly] the mafia, and Deckard and the other bladerunners were cops), but in normal games nobody will know what's going on.

I haven't seen the "you can't reveal your role" rule properly enforced yet (there have been some roles that weren't allowed to say anything, and DP encourages us not to say anything unless it's an emergency). I will be interested to see how it turns out - we'll have to play more logically...
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:09 pm

Post by mole »

24 was fun - arming a third of the townsfolk (with little warning) certainly gave us some exciting moments of paranoia... :)
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:22 pm

Post by mole »

And as much as some people (mith ;) didn't like it, the angel in Speed Mafia 1 did seek (and receive) permission from the moderator to do what she did...

Return to “Mafia Discussion”