Minvitational Analysis

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Minvitational Analysis

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:18 pm

Post by quercitron »

The Mini Game Invitational is starting soon! I've already posted the topic in Little Italy for the first game. I'm waiting on confirmations from the invited players, so nothing is happening quite yet, but I'm figuring I should start a topic for discussion, as one of the main reasons I'm running this is to spark commentary and analysis from both players and non-players.

As soon as I get confirmations from all the players, I'll be sending them a survey with some theory questions and opinions on Mafia that I will post so that you can digest the wisdom of the experts. For right now, here are the roles for the first Mini Game of 12:

3 Mafia
1 Cop
1 Doctor
7 Townie

This is almost exactly like Mini Game 1, except I've added a Doctor. We'll see how 12 'name players' play it out soon enough. What do you all think?

Also, just a general note. I'll eventually get polls running on who outside players think is scum, etc. But for right now, one of the first things I'll do after a game finishes is post an edit of commentary and analysis by all the participants. You can add your analysis, theory, thoughts, and commentary to the edit by emailing them to me at quercitron@mac.com.

It's my hope that a lot of information/theory can be gained from this...
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:02 pm

Post by quercitron »

Today's player survey: INTERNET STRANGER.

"We have lost a Cop and we may yet lose our next one. You also could end up with the biggest devastating loss we could endure. The Mafia could decide to murder me now." -Internet Stranger, GL Mafia 3

What's the best game you've ever played?

• Dune Mafia of course. I managed to manipulate everyone in that game and bring a Serial Killer type character to a game ending tie.

Is the setup for Minvitational 1 balanced?

• Yes, all it takes is for the Cop to find Mafia once or twice and the Mafia are doomed.

What advice would you give to a newbie who wants to win games?

• As Mafia: I’m not sure if this has changed, but if someone who is usually quiet is suddenly vocal in this game, kill them. It usually means they have an useful role now. You want those Cops dead. As non-Mafia: 3rd person in any bandwagon is very likely to be Mafia. Careful, many Mafia know this now, so the experts avoid the third spot.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”