Open Game List (Players & Moderators)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Open Game List (Players & Moderators)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Open Game Queue Rules:

Players:

• To join a game, type "/in to play" or something along those lines and you'll be placed in the next game. If there are multiple games taking signups at once, you may specify which game you'd like to play in, like so: "/in for Open 362"
  • There is no experience requirement to sign up for an Open Game. However, playing through a Newbie Game first is recommended.
  • There is no overarching policy dictating how many games you can play at once, but please consider your availability when signing up for multiple games. Games can last upwards of months, so it's important not to overcommit yourself.

Moderators:

• To
    to moderate an Open Game, you must have been active on the site for at least three months, and have completed at least one Mafia Game as a player.
  • To sign up as a moderator, please type "/in to mod" or something along those lines and you'll be added to the moderator queue.
  • Potential moderators can only be in a single modding queue (Open Game, Mini Normal, Mini Theme) at a time. Moderators must wait until the game they're running has completed before joining a queue again.
  • First time moderators will be offered a handful of Approved Open Setups to choose from to run as their first game. I pick setups based on the last time they were run and their popularity to ensure we don't have the same setups running over and over again, but also to feature enough of the setups players want to see.
  • Experienced mods (At least one game completed as a mod) may select from a wider range of setups on the catalogue or design and run a brand new setup.
  • If a mod wants to run their own setup it needs to be approved by myself to ensure it's balanced/not broken. These reviews occur in the Open Setups Review thread.
  • New setups that are successful may be added to the approved catalogue for rotation on a regular basis.

Open Games:

• All flavour for Open Games must be public and entirely original. Flavour based on any source material are considered Theme Games.
  • All possible role PM's for the game must be listed in the opening post somewhere.
  • Flavour is permitted within role PM's to a degree. It must, however, not change the title of particular roles (Vanilla Townies must be called Vanilla Townies and not "Ghostbusters" etc.) and duplicate roles must have the same role PM.
  • Do you have a great idea for an Open Setup? Post it in the Open Setup Ideas and Discussion thread. There are a lot of members who will review your idea, and if it's well received you may run it yourself if you're an experienced mod or possibly someone else will on your behalf.
  • I will regularly update this thread during the week, with updated signup lists being posted in the following post as well as a new post.
  • If you have a question about the Queue or Open Games in general, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Resources:

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Now taking signups for:

Open 471:
(Double Day Unlimited)
Setup:
(2x Goons, 7x Townies, Double Day, Unlimited Voting)
Mod:
saulres
0/9

Open 464:
Apocalypse
Setup:
(2x Mafia Goons, 1x Mafia Secretary, 1x Odd-Night Goon Cop, 1x Even-Night Goon Cop, 8x Townies)
Mod:
Kdub
0/13

Rain1000

Moderator Queue

Bitmap
Josh Lyman
CityElectric
Venrob
shos
andrew94
Malakittens
Robocopter87
N
greygnarl
Gammagooey
Messiah
Lord Mhork
Jal
MaverickMaestro
Elscouta
Feirei
TraceyLyn11
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Welcome to the new thread.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Reserved for linking saved posts, if necessary.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by Chevre »

first post

A majority of the current players of Open 379 have replied to me and said that they would like to restart the game.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I don't recall how deep into the game Open 379 was, but if you have the majority of your playerlist, I'm happy for it continue from where it was, or reset with new role assignments. You'll just have to give me a little while to make you up a new JK9++ wiki page, since we lost that too.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by Chevre »

I was able to contact 10 players on the shelter, and 8 of them replied. The general consensus is that we wanted to reset with new role assignments.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

And what about the other 3? It is a 13 player game. Like, I said, if you can round up your players, let me know and you guys can start again. I'd suggest sending a mass PM again here to collect them all.
Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by Chimera »

I believe I had /inned to mod...I was right after you on the list, hoopla...
Show
Some people are like slinkies--not good for much but always bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.

If you see me joining a large game, please smack me repeatedly.

Just slightly V/LA now.

Open 402 -- Hard Boiled Game over, 53 pages: 0 replacements needed.
Gila
Gila
Goon
Gila
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Gila »

I have pm'd my players to see if thery want to continue or not. I have a good part of the messages saved, but might be missing some earlier pages, will have to see later today.
Gila
Gila
Goon
Gila
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Gila »

I have also I believe nearly all messages from Open 383: True Love by Haze saved since I was playing in that game and it was only 4 pages or so.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Im clueless as to what happened, is there a link somewhere that explained what happened?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Vincent2128
Vincent2128
Goon
Vincent2128
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by Vincent2128 »

I'm in the process of trying to fix up as much of the ongoing Open games as possible. Feysal's guide at the shelter is pretty good, but I'm on a Mac, and we're in working out how to turn Google caches into readable pages right now.
If anybody has browser caches saved of any ongoing Open games, a download link to them would be helpful because the Google caches are from a few days before the cache, and as such, the most recent posts are missing. Also, the Google cache isn't fully complete, so any other pages you have would be useful to have as well.
One of the newbies who stayed along throughout
The Rollback
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Good to see the queue list was saved.. Now back to waiting for my turn to come up :)
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Post by Blueberry »

Umm, I was a player of Open 382...
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

382 was around five pages into it, probably should just do a reboot on that game unless somepony had it all saved. Either way it may not be worth the hastle and I would say just restart it with same/new roles mod choice.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Kassadin
Kassadin
Goon
Kassadin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Post by Kassadin »

so what do i do now?
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 am

Post by Haze »

As Gila mentioned, she has kindly salvaged all of my game for me

Thanks.

I'll wait on PM reply and see if we're good to go.
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I've PM'd my players about 373, but I'm leaning heavily towards abandoning it. We don't have much backed up at all.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 am

Post by Tajun »

I've PM'd my players about Open381. We were only about a page in, so I am going to see what the popular consensus is on restarting versus reopening. I have said page saved on my computer, can you explain how to post that here? I'm kind of a newbie at forums myself. :P

Thanks!
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Malee
Malee
Goon
Malee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 am

Post by Malee »

As far as I remember, open 381 only had one page of RvS so if the list mod and the other players agree you can open the game again. I'm up for it :)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 19, Tajun wrote:I've PM'd my players about Open381. We were only about a page in, so I am going to see what the popular consensus is on restarting versus reopening. I have said page saved on my computer, can you explain how to post that here? I'm kind of a newbie at forums myself. :P

Thanks!

I'd just re-post your game thread, and in an extra post, quote all the lost messages.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 am

Post by Tierce »

As far as I'm aware, Magister Ludi's Open #374 is going to continue. The archived game can be found here.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 22, Tierce wrote:As far as I'm aware, Magister Ludi's Open #374 is going to continue. The archived game can be found here.

Formatting fail on that file; new link.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Packbat »

I've made a new thread for Open 366 - Alicewondering had retrieved much of the game from the Google Cache, and I plan to continue the game from where it stopped if the four surviving players are willing.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.

Return to “Completed Signups”