inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5145 (isolation #400) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5141, David Xanatos wrote:Is noone going to object to that? I fail to see any reasonable grounds to ask that question, but I'm not allowed to smite...

I'm not the prosecution (as T-Bone pointed out when I did object). If the prosecution fails to object when it is supposed to the question must be answered.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5149 (isolation #401) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Who is the prosecution then?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5151 (isolation #402) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

That NPC fails... :roll:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5153 (isolation #403) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Indeed, damn NPCs, never doing what they're supposed to do.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5184 (isolation #404) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Does the person in the video look the same as Kiwieagle II?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5218 (isolation #405) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:04 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

He'll just rule the world from prison :P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5222 (isolation #406) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Exile =/= imprisonment...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5227 (isolation #407) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:17 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

They do have a government, the former rebels are pretty organized even after their original leader died (I kept track). They also still have a huge army, so they'll definitely be able to arrange for a secure holding facility.

Edit: Ninja'd
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5229 (isolation #408) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Your point being? :roll:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5246 (isolation #409) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

The revolution is already over...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5269 (isolation #410) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

~20M from me, ~6.66M from Astariel, ~4M+~3M from Mistotopia. I also did not get hit by bird flu.

@Robotnick: Tax on pop. is 4B standard (on 20M) which would go to ~1.2B + 6B standard industry would be 7.2B, You had 11B before thus 1B bonus industry, thus your new income would be ~8B.

@Mod: I'm pretty sure precedent was that a relatively small population in a functioning country grows faster than standard instead of slower. I also assume that my income/growth means that Mistotopia is mostly up and running?

Edit: I'm looking at Killerjester myself and what he did to get from 11B to 25B in 2 updates :eek:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5271 (isolation #411) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:12 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Because the time-line is getting screwed up pretty hard by different things for the last few weeks. And things are going to get screwed up MUCH more if izak doesn't get back soon.

Also, some friendly advise, I'd wait with doing that until izak is back... And make sure you know the political situation in Astariel before doing that.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5283 (isolation #412) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Chesskid lost control of Chesstopia, at first he would have retained partial control, but the NPC that lead the Chesskid faction became too troublesome to deal with so he was eliminated from the negotiations...

Seriously, most of it was done within about a week, the rest was spent trying to fit Chesskid in in some way.

25B on bringing Chesstopian, Kiwani and Astariel I infrastructure to Arnorian levels
19.999B on upkeep
1M on making a statue of Lemaness in Kiwani.

plague, what will you be doing with Astariel II now? That political situation I was talking about was pretty pro-Arnor and will now be extremely pro-SU. So, if you do take control it could give you a pretty hard time without a lot of investment.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5285 (isolation #413) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:40 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

The president of Chesstopia is an NPC, but he/she is under my and the general administration's authority as the central governing body. The model is based on modern Germany, Suvonia is the country and the 3 (5 somewhere in the future) former countries are the "Bündeslander" (think states). For all intents and purposes I'm the leader of Chesstopia now.

Spend 5B on rebuilding in Mistotopia.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5288 (isolation #414) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:30 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Chesskid, your entire direct family was killed and your country was an autocracy, losing control was a very real possibility in any case.

chesskid3 wrote:yeah izak is a moron if he thinks that's how international politics works.

How so? The NPC* representing you was the most powerful party in Chesstopia and would have taken power at some point (possibly after bloody civil war) if nothing had happened, I just influenced the process uniting all the others major players to my view of a democratic state (then your NPC started kicking up a fuss and got himself eliminated from the negotiations :neutral: ).

Ftr, I already had a lot of the process worked out with Lemaness for FK and Arnor and after he died was talking with his successor, Chesstopia got involved after the whole mass assassination thingy. That worked out pretty well, because the mutual mistrust between Chesstopia and Kiwani made it so there was no question about me becoming the leader.

The fact that out of ~60M people 7M hero-worship me, 20M love me and the rest at least doesn't hate me, gives me a pretty good shot at remaining in control (I'm not exactly sure how Chesstopians/Kiwanians see me now, I was a factor in preventing civil war in Chesstopia and without me Kiwani would never be able to rebuild, so I'm probably good there too).

*I assume it was an NPC, because otherwise you would probably have mentioned something in thread or by PM.

Short version: It took a lot of plotting to actually manage this.

Legalize condoms in Chesstopia
Adapt age laws in Chesstopia/Kiwani to Arnorian standards over a period of 2 years
When rebuilding in Kiwani change the educational curriculum to the more normal (peace oriented) Arnorian/Chesstopian standards
Make English (or whatever is the basic P:MS language) the language of Kiwani, Kiwanish can be taken as an elective in school
The Arnorian 'sufficiently intelligent' clause will be suspended for two years as measuring such would be very hard in some parts of Suvonia at the moment.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5291 (isolation #415) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@T-Bone, I resent that comment.
The SU is a democracy, me being in charge is a mutual decision by the governing parties of the participants. The fact that I will (probably) stay in charge is a direct result from me being a good and fair leader :)
On the other hand, if I were to lose the elections I'd be a player under the authority of an NPC... That should be an 'interesting' experience.
It would also be interesting if a Chesskid/kiwieagle would be chosen somehow, comeback ftw.
@mod: Hypothetically, if someone from Astariel/Mistotopia would be chosen as chancellor, what would happen? Seeing as they were democracies and thus any new leader would be the direct successor of the player. Because both Mist and Robotnick replaced and are now acting as different persons in the game.

In any case: Mist and Robotnick, if you die again you are welcome to take over as president of your respective state after they become full members (right now Mistotopia and Astariel III are part of Arnor and Astariel I is under Chesstopian jurisdiction, Astrariel II is occupied by theplague and I have no control over that). Any other country is welcome to join the SU as soon as everything is stabilized (which will probably be a few months rl) :mrgreen:

Hold a referendum in Ethernia, whether they want to stay a province of Chesstopia within the SU, want to become a state within the SU (in the future, for now under Arnor) or want to become an unaffiliated NPC state.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5293 (isolation #416) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:44 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Assassinating players has happened multiple times before they just managed to retain power through a successor (you, kiwi) or were eliminated entirely after (Robotnick)

chesskid3 wrote:Chesstopia made life good for citizens bro

True
(I have mod confirmation that Chesskid was indeed liked)
, you just got screwed by the NPC that represented you in the negotiations so you ended up with nothing. You could try to use your popularity to become president of Chesstopia but it'd take a lot of time (at least 15 weeks and that is if you manage to work your way up from nothing to candidacy in that time) and you'd still be under whoever is chancellor (me), I won't do anything to stop you if you do try.

Same goes for kiwieagle, but he doesn't even have the popularity among his people that Chesskid has.
Last edited by inspiratieloos on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5295 (isolation #417) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:46 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5293, inspiratieloos wrote:
True (I have mod confirmation that Chesskid was indeed liked)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5301 (isolation #418) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@Chesskid, Chancellor is for the entirety of Suvonia, Chesstopians might vote for your cousin, but Arnorians, Kiwanians, Astarielians (?) and Mistotopians won't.

The negotiations were behind closed doors and by the end everyone there was against your cousin (He got stuck with Chesskid XVIII if I remember correctly). If you look at it individually, your guy was the most popular among the major players in Chesstopia, but he got every other major player against him. He could have had any high position he wanted (Vice-President, mayor of the capital etc.) and thus a good position to get voted president in the next elections, but demanded to be president, while every other power said "He can get anything he wants except presidency", the end result was him being eliminated from the negotiations altogether.

@kiwi, kiwieagle II is in jail and is not getting out, but he probably has a son/cousin that you could play who could try to do exactly that. Like I said, I wont stop you if you want to campaign for a political position/presidency/chancellorship, although in your case I don't think you have a very good chance because your entire family is hated in Kiwani.
I hope you don't mean Lemaness with 'that retarded diplomat' because he's a national hero in Kiwani and would probably have been the major opponent for chancellorship had he lived.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5309 (isolation #419) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@mod: I have no problems with kiwieagle doing that.

@Chesskid, Your guy was thrown out, after that it took only about two days to get everything done... There was probably a reason Chesskid I and II were the leaders instead of him :wink: . The current president of Chesstopia is a Chesstopian NPC, he was a high politician or general or something in the old government, he is not related to the Chesskid family.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5312 (isolation #420) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:17 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@izak, and what if it was someone affiliated with the dead president Robotnik/Mist?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5322 (isolation #421) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:39 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@izak thx.

@kiwi, I think izak has a problem with you saying that he was the secretary, a supporter of Lemaness and having money, not with the fact that you are playing as a cousin. So far izak has supplied the 'back-story' of the dead leaders' successors, but your case is much more complicated, so far it has always been son/cousin takes over from former dictator. Plague currently has troops in Astariel II, but I suggested he wait with taking control because I knew this update was coming, he hasn't been online yet after it, so he might still take control or he might leave.

You can try in Kiwani, Astariel, Mistotopia or Ethernia (if the referendum results in them becoming a SU state) if you want and izak is okay with it, Chesskid has dibs on Chesstopia, but if he doesn't want that you can try there too. Astariel II is pretty pro-Arnor/pro-SU so plague might decide it's not worth going against that to take control, otherwise you'd end up with Astariel I and III (now part of Arnor) if you manage to get presidency.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5324 (isolation #422) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

You ask izak what you are allowed to do, I'll give you almost completely free reign until you become president (if you manage it) somewhere while I'm chancellor, after that we'll discuss what you can/cannot do and what the spendable budget is (I do it all myself for the NPC countries).

No, Astariel II was not under control of any of the parties during the negotiations, so I don't feel that I have a direct claim on it. I do consider it a likely possibility that the people themselves will protest if he tries and if they do I'll see what I'll do, I do have a NAP with the plague so a direct attack is out.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5329 (isolation #423) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:18 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Good to know.

Do you mind expanding the Magrathea-Arnor alliance to Magrathea-SU?

On the same note: Do the respective other players want to expand these alliances to the entire SU?

Caledonia and Chesstopia
Chesstopia and The Alterian Republic
Melodica and Chesstopia
Intibo and Chessstopia
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5332 (isolation #424) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:35 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I assume that you also won't be trading with this rogue government? How will you get chemicals? Seeing as the Kiwani government = the SU government = all countries that could provide chemicals, except Astariel II but that doesn't have any production capabilities atm.

btw, why don't you guys make a Deimoskan Union? That would actually cause some political intrigue with multiple players... I'm kind of forcing it by inviting kiwieagle and Chesskid to try and regain power.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5336 (isolation #425) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Ethernia is under the control of the same NPC that controls Chesstopia for now, after the referendum that might change.

That is acceptable, although it doesn't look like Chesskid is interested in trying to regain power. Even if he did he would not be able to declare war or create enormous armies, he would be able to build more weapons factories and such. If Chesskid somehow became chancellor it would probably mean the end of the game right there, I can't see him not trying something that will turn every country in the game against him and cause a world war with MAD.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5384 (isolation #426) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5342, izakthegoomba wrote:

However, the
Chesstopians
are much less happy with the
SU
. Many of them felt loyal to the Chesskid family, given everything Chesskid I and II did for them, and feel somewhat united against what is, in their eyes, an invasion. The general feeling is one of resentment and dislike, but some of the more extreme edges of the population clearly loathe the new government, and there is even talk of riots...

Release the transcripts of the negotiations between the representatives of different factions in Chesstopia, me and Kiwani to the (Chesstopian) public.
(They clearly show that it was impossible to come to a compromise with Chesskid XVIII and that the (temporary) total removal of power of the family was their own fault.)
There are rumours of members of the Chesskid family running for political positions, people are free to vote for them if they feel that these people will make the best leaders of Chesstopia.
Last edited by inspiratieloos on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5395 (isolation #427) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:35 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Seeing as multiple people/organisations have voiced concerns about this:
I have no intention of starting a war against any other country
(unless the country does something to seriously provoke it, then all bets are off)
I am fully aware that if I were to attack another country it would only lead to my own destruction at the hands of the other countries
(read: players)
. Also keep in mind that with this system Arnor, Astariel and Mistotopia will act as a moderating influence on the two countries that previously were the most warlike in the world. I am confident that with me
(or any other Arnorian, Astarian or Mistotopian)
as the chancellor of a stable Suvonia the world will be a more peaceful place, not less.

I also ask Dark Moon that, if they sent threatening letters, they leave a return address.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5401 (isolation #428) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@mods:

After reading through the OP again and remembering Robotnicks protest a few days ago I looked up the population growth on Earth, in modern day it would translate to about 20.000/turn for a 20M country. Considering that the real world is pretty full and P:MS is quite empty while having a similar level of technology it would logically be at least double that.

While perfect realism isn't really the goal of the game, right now a lot of countries are slowly dying out because they lose more population in wars and other assorted incidents (read: Bird Flu) than they will ever be able to recover*. I suggest that all population growth be increased by at least a factor 5 for all countries, with those that have a low population but good infrastructure and/or healthcare getting more (lower population -> less pressure on health/medical services).

*Right now only Caledonia and the Calamity Isles have a naturally higher population than at the start, even without the Bird Flu there were at most 3-4 countries that had more than 20M population naturally. The average population should be around 20.9M/country according to what I consider realistic annual growth (2-2.5% and this includes wars and such) I you are very conservative about it (~1%, lower than rl is now) it should be around 20.4M.
[/doing anything to keep some form of discussion going]
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5403 (isolation #429) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

... Gratz on your reincarnation, I guess?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5414 (isolation #430) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

President of Chesstopia: If the protesters are organized try to talk with the leaders to see what they want exactly, if not, just make sure the protests do not get out of hand.
(ironically, Chesskid would probably have had them killed or something :roll: )
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5421 (isolation #431) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by that myself. I just started negotiations to see what would happen and it actually turned out not to be that hard to get everything working.
My guess is that the Chesskids had/have the direct support of 20-30% of the population. Enough to be the largest power block and to be considered 'loved', but not large enough to be able to ignore their opponents and continue being in power like nothing happened after the assassinations. Then I came in and convinced everyone else to work together, creating an absolute majority to take power without bloodshed.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5434 (isolation #432) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5428, JDGA wrote:
Also the assassins are probably all already out-bribed by inspie what with his massive supply of INFINITE MONEYZ AND MINIONZ 'n'all.

I didn't need bribes to convince the
Chesstopians
to join me (although I was prepared to and planning to pay them), I really won't need to resort to bribes to convince the people of Astariel.

Although you did give me a good idea:
Any assassins sent after me: I can pay more than your current employer does.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5436 (isolation #433) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Have my last message translated in all world languages.
:P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5438 (isolation #434) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:43 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Then they also can't receive orders to kill me, problem solved :D
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5440 (isolation #435) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

04 07
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5450 (isolation #436) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5445, izakthegoomba wrote:
In Chesstopia, the protests are slowly crossing a line and becoming riots. There do seem to be leaders within the rioters, but they will not negotiate with the authorities.

To the rioting people in Chesstopia: Protests are okay and usually serve a purpose for a country, riots are not.
Send the army to keep order (use non-lethal methods if in a confrontation).

Is it possible by Chesstopian law to arrest someone for causing chaos? (I have no idea what the offence would be officially called).

I hate people that don't want to talk, whatever I do I probably end up looking the bad guy :neutral:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5455 (isolation #437) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

I was considering going all WWCD but they'd probably get all hypocritical...

Are there any of the military among the rioters who listen to those leaders?

Edit: nvm that, Dutch law is much easier on this, so I'll jut avoid the problem by using American law.
Arrest the leaders of the riots on count of sedition.

Edit2: Oh and
spend 15B on repairs in Mistotopia
That is all the financing necessary right?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5457 (isolation #438) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:43 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

It was 30-40B total I think, I've been spending money on it every turn since I annexed it.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5473 (isolation #439) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Ftr, Chesskid has a better chance of remaining in the game than kiwieagle. Out of interest, are you actually doing something by PM?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5484 (isolation #440) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

I was going to release them, but then the flow of PMs stopped, it was more a roundabout way of getting to know what they want anyway.

Having the Chesstopians go at it freely now would only lead to civil war, there is also a 50% of the populace that doesn't support Chesskid. The reason the leaders agreed to this in the first place was because the country was (behind the scenes) close to civil war levels already.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5486 (isolation #441) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:30 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

atm it does because all the individual leaders except for me are NPCs. If another player were to become president somewhere they'd have their own budget for that country while things like upkeep, armies and war would be done centrally.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5492 (isolation #442) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I can understand rescinding an alliance if you are afraid of the way I'll use my military strength, but why a non-aggression-pact? :?
I'm mostly waiting for a PM from izak, I have some ideas for what to do with the situation depending on that.
Just got it reading/responding now.

I freely admit that I grossly miscalculated the situation in Chesstopia btw (mostly because it was almost a monarchy instead of a fascist dictatorship)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5499 (isolation #443) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I assume N's dark blue means >allaince?

Chesskid, why don't you do anything yourself? (So I either have someone to actually negotiate with if you go the peaceful/political route or have a legit reason to put you down if you become violent :P )
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5500 (isolation #444) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'm sure I can move the elections in Chesstopia up if you come with a decent plan or something.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5503 (isolation #445) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:22 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure izak is allowing kiwieagle the opportunity to control a character even though he has no political position (not that he's doing anything useful with it).

I'm not too comfortable with this situation either, I was expecting much more support going into this.
Let's say I move Chesstopian elections up to the Monday 7th of November (~2weeks) and I'll stop changing any laws and won't do anything else drastic in the meantime, you start campaigning and probably win those elections. Then if you have the support for it secede if you want. You get your country back without the ~50% that doesn't support you not being able to do anything about it and I save face (partially :oops: ). That work for you?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5508 (isolation #446) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

The person in charge is a Chesstopian you know. And a fairly chosen leader of an oligarchy*. How would you suggest to do it otherwise without causing civil war?

*Yes it is completely fair just not a democracy
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5514 (isolation #447) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

The army is composed of all nations so I'd expect those that deal with the Chesstopian riots to be Chesstopian.

Like I said atm it's an oligarchy not a democracy (my fault was to expect the division of power on that level being at least similar to the division among the populace). All these leaders
included
Chesskid XVIII, he just turned out to be a dumb bastard that was impossible to work with. He didn't have the absolute support necessary, otherwise what I did wouldn't have worked in the first place. With the information I had and the assumptions I made the conclusion was that Chesstopia was in a stalemate in the power-struggle that would have likely led to civil war. I helped/took advantage in that situation (depending on if you look at it from a character perspective or player perspective).

Have any non-Chesstopian troops that happen to be in Chesstopia move to other Suvonian countries.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5515 (isolation #448) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

At least my secondary goal of causing some chaos/keeping the game interesting was a success :roll:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5525 (isolation #449) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5517, Tragedy wrote:
In post 5515, inspiratieloos wrote:At least my secondary goal of causing some chaos/keeping the game interesting was a success :roll:

COUGH DARK MOON?

I'm not hurting anyone else while keeping the game interesting. (at least I'm not trying to)

Kiwi, the difference is that that is the real world and this is a game. Here everyone's goal is to 'win', thus one powerful player is a direct threat to all the others.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5527 (isolation #450) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

atm I'm considering just letting Chesstopia go completely, but then everyone would probably blame me again if it goes up in flames...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5534 (isolation #451) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

22B on upkeep
10B on repairs in Kiwani
How much more will be needed after that?
12B on making public schools and universities in all nations

@izak, why don't you make a new map and change all the redirects to there?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5536 (isolation #452) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

I mean in your inbox, the map that is getting full.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5538 (isolation #453) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Basically you can make new maps and they each have their own 1000 PM limit
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5540 (isolation #454) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:03 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5539, Mist7676 wrote:prod-dodge

FTFY
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5579 (isolation #455) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5543, theplague42 wrote:
NON-NUCLEAR

theplague42 wrote:Hmm. That was supposed to be PMd...

Anyone else wonder why he felt the need to specify that in a PM?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5585 (isolation #456) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

It's only for a weekend.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5589 (isolation #457) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Robotnick just declared war on T-Bone... obviously

Although I have no idea what T-Bone said....
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5591 (isolation #458) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

No, you would have bolded it :wink:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5593 (isolation #459) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:03 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

PMs are for losers.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5596 (isolation #460) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:00 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

MGS?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5610 (isolation #461) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5607, T-Bone wrote:
Caledonia does the following.

Pull funding, and Uranium production from the Nuclear Energy project.

Pull funding from MASA.

No longer share information from the Radiation Counter-Measures project with Arnor and Melodica, until it is determined who exactly is attacking Caledonia. Caledonia will happily share this research again if it is determined these countries are not taking part in the attacks.

No longer share the Nation Park project with Magrathea, until it determined who is attacking Caledonia. Magrathea is under suspicion based upon captured soldiers testimony.

Ban non-Deimoskian countries from visiting the National Park, until it is determined who is taking part in the attacks. Non-offending countries will be allowed back in.

That's about it for now methinks.

You know that the nuclear energy project is as good as done right? You're only hurting yourself with that one. I also think that just kicking Magrathea out of the National without strong evidence could cause problems.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5613 (isolation #462) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:57 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

killerjester, what are your views on nuclear fusion (as an energy source)?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5615 (isolation #463) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:26 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I only read T-Bones 'press release' just now. I propose that T-Bone loses the right to judge any action by any other player.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5620 (isolation #464) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:41 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Afaik no one is working on fusion as of yet, I'll help the renewable energy project as soon as I finish financing the repairs in Kiwani.
On that note, now that we have figured out fission, shall we expand the Nuclear Energy Project to start working on fusion? (and then cold fusion for 'infinite energy')
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5623 (isolation #465) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:52 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Is there one country that wasn't included in the list?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5626 (isolation #466) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:18 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

For me that was always the goal then combine with MASA after fusion is complete.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5654 (isolation #467) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Izak, wouldn't it be a better idea to ignore all the PMs in your inbox now, tell us from when you have backlog and have everyone send the relevant actions/questions in one PM per player?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5667 (isolation #468) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Tragedy, I would prefer it if you didn't nuke kiwi... Both incarnations of him are in my country :roll:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5670 (isolation #469) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I assume that since all the interest from the players for the situation died out the same goes for the people. They protested, the government reacted relatively mild and nothing happened to add real fuel to the fire.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5688 (isolation #470) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Is it safe to send PMs to the Inbox of Doom(TM) yet?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5690 (isolation #471) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:33 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

:neutral:
That inbox hates you doesn't it? :)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5692 (isolation #472) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:01 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

And this surprises you why exactly? This is like, the third biggest thread in MishMash (and the most awesome :) ) and it involves a lot of PMs unlike the other big ones.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5695 (isolation #473) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:39 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

23B on upkeep
15B on repairs in Kiwani

10B on making railways in all of Suvonia, both for public transport and commercial/industrial purposes
totally ripping off Killerjester :)

I will start investing in the nuclear energy and renewable energy projects after next update.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5712 (isolation #474) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:07 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Granted. The pillows are filled with rocks.

Oh wait, wrong thread.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5727 (isolation #475) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

So... we have an army of roughly 100k walking into an army of roughly 1.8M, anyone want to bet on how that turns out?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5730 (isolation #476) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:25 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@T-Bone, it's called the law of conversion of ninjutsu... and it only works in movies/other works of fiction, most games are exactly the opposite.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5732 (isolation #477) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:23 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

*strategy games

When having AI opponents play against each other even the slightest difference in power often leads to a crushing victory/defeat. Then again if all Mist's soldiers are on protagonist level and yours are all on mook level, you're indeed screwed.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5739 (isolation #478) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

How is this a stalemate? Long range guys kill flame-throwers... And I'd assume that Caledonia has at least a fairly large number of normal soldiers as well, with only a few flame-throwers in between to take out any advances.

T-Bone, don't worry abut it, I need new investment opportunities anyway :wink:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5741 (isolation #479) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Wouldn't it be a massacre for the Intibans(?) in any case. The Caledonians are already dug in, they have more guns and the Intibans can't advance due to the flame-throwers. Unless T-Bone actually equipped
all
his soldiers with flame-throwers. In that case he deserves to die...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5743 (isolation #480) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:06 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Still, two armies of 300k each, one of which is already 2/3 wiped out. I don't foresee many problems for you.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5748 (isolation #481) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:39 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

There's Ethernia... And Kiwani/Astariel/Mistotopia/Chesstopia if he doesn't mind being 2IC.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5768 (isolation #482) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I informed to the state of Ethernia a while ago, it won't be worth it to restore it to a full country. The easiest would be for JDGA, Robotnick, CSL or a combination of the three to annex and rebuild it as part of their country.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5828 (isolation #483) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Give 10B to Kcda and Blackberry for a temporary expense account.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5830 (isolation #484) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Ironically, this would have been election day in Chesstopia had Chesskid agreed to my proposal two weeks ago.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5834 (isolation #485) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

^been there, done that. The only thing Chesskid himself will agree with is if he becomes president. And he has the support of 50% of the people, 20% of which is actually willing to protest. The other 50% is either neutral or opposed to him. I still haven't been able to figure out what the protesters want exactly.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5840 (isolation #486) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

They should be losing steam anyway, they've been at it for months game-time and haven't achieved anything and they can't say it's my (and now Kcda's fault).

@KJ, I did offer something similar, but izak said it was denied.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5848 (isolation #487) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Welcome co-mod RedPanda... Hopefully third time is the charm :wink:
22B on upkeep (for all of Suvonia)
Invest 2B in the Fusion Energy Project
(The continuation of the Nuclear Energy Project)
Invest 2B in the Renewable Energy Project

Kcda and BB, you two have any suggestions for general projects?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5903 (isolation #488) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:54 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I was planning to spend any left over 'chancellor money' on joined projects, so if you start something I'll likely put some money in at some point.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5909 (isolation #489) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

If they drop their weapons it's pretty much a surrender. In any case, I think T-Bone is being reasonable here.

I doubt all those soldiers actually have cancer now, they'd be dead due to 3rd degree burns long before anywhere near 100% of them got cancer.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5926 (isolation #490) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

You know, strong suntan lotion isn't really hard to make, it is mostly a matter of concentration.

Spend 8B on improving healthcare and emergency services
Spend 8B on starting a high-tech pharmaceutical industry
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5928 (isolation #491) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'd think most of them are more concerned about actually coming home to their significant other.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5947 (isolation #492) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I got contacted by Dark Moon when I founded the SU. I think they backed down because I made it pretty clear I wasn't going to blow anyone up.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5949 (isolation #493) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Presumably terrorists that act in the interest of a specific unknown country.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5951 (isolation #494) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

More likely to be controlled by a player I think, deciding what they'll do in a fair way would be hell on the mod(s) if it were an NPC organisation. Although izak does seem to like writing speeches :)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5955 (isolation #495) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Do make sure you keep some alive for questioning.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6002 (isolation #496) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

22B on upkeep
2B on Nuclear Energy Project
2B on Renewable Energy Project
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6004 (isolation #497) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:00 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 5998, Blackberry wrote:I don't know how to play this. :(

If you don't know what to do with the money, copy things others do if you think they'll help, it's what I do. For example, you could build a 'high-tech pharmaceutical industry' (me), or just build factories (plague), build lots of advanced research laboratories (KJ), spend money on better emergency services and hospitals (chesskid), the railway system is already being built for the whole of Suvonia (KJ) and the chemical extraction is long since taken care of (me). You could also come up with something similar yourself, you
can
do pretty much anything in this game :wink:

btw @KJ, if the Suvonian railway system is done shall we connect ours?

p-edit: You could also start a tourism industry (plague)

@JDGA, not that I know of.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6014 (isolation #498) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:51 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

^twice :P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6026 (isolation #499) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'm pretty sure that stepping down in any way removes him as the leader, whether he is alive or not. Which highly likely means that Chesskid is back, not because kcda appointed him, but because he is the most popular politician in the country.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6035 (isolation #500) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:34 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

You did
finish
a lot of shit though :wink:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6048 (isolation #501) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:30 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Spend 13B on building loads of flexible factories in Arnor, Kiwani and Mistotopia.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6051 (isolation #502) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Already discussed this with Chesskid, Chesstopia is free to secede if he wants.

And Caledonian psychological warfare FTW.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6054 (isolation #503) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

You do realize you were trying to send letters to a country you were at war with? I don't think it is possible to do so unless the war actually
is
dying down. Or you use a third party.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6057 (isolation #504) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:01 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

How did you plan to get it there? Do you think FA is going to just accept any form of transport from Caledonia while they're at war?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6060 (isolation #505) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

^Spelling Nazi
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6064 (isolation #506) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

At least I have the excuse of not being a native English speaker... (Not that I'd understand more than half of what he was saying if it was Dutch)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6070 (isolation #507) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@theamatuer, kcda quit and Chesskid seceded.

And only +1B? Kiwani and Mistotopia are still building up full speed last time I checked. And I'm spending most of my free money on the economy [/greed]
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6082 (isolation #508) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Accept
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6093 (isolation #509) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:38 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Spend 18B on upkeep.
Invest 1B in Nuclear energy project.
Invest 1B in Renewable energy project.

Edit: I think Chesskid and I lost 200k soldiers somewhere in translation...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6095 (isolation #510) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:29 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

SU troops were 1.8m + 200k = 2m
Now Chesstopia: 500k + 200k
SU: 1m
total 1.5m + 200k = 1.7m
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6139 (isolation #511) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:46 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

...I'm away for less than 24 hours and BB causes a political incident.

The SU as a whole has nothing to hide, feel free to send weapon inspectors.

BB you might want to try spending a little less on single projects 24B is a bit much...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6144 (isolation #512) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

So, I guess you'll have to trust me on my word that I'll stop BB if he does anything crazy.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6147 (isolation #513) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:35 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

As long as it is not hurtful towards the SU as a whole... Otherwise we'll have problems.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6188 (isolation #514) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6179, Mist7676 wrote:spend 4B on my suicide makie it a big show with a lot of lights. ohh make it a show where people choose how i kill myself!!'

im bored of this

^Needs to be bolded :P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6193 (isolation #515) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:00 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

So doing/saying crazy things does have an effect :)

Awesome.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6195 (isolation #516) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:15 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

More that the things you say that aren't entirely serious cause the NPCs to have a spontaneous reaction.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6200 (isolation #517) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:33 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

...Fascist is only one form of government. You can be non-fascist, but being the 'least fascist' really doesn't say anything. I believe the only fascist country here is Chesstopia.

The SU feels that the words of a presumably mentally unstable woman do not give the Calamity Isles a claim to Intibo. We suggest that an open referendum is held involving all countries that are eligible to absorb Intibo (with the option of them staying self-governed). We also request that none of the countries that wish to nominate themselves spend money on 'advertising campaigns' and only use valid arguments to support their case.
The SU would like to nominate itself on the grounds that it has already successfully absorbed the nations of Arnor, Mistotopia, Cerberus and Kiwani and points to the citizens there that are very happy with their situation. We'd also like to point to Chesstopia. If the arrangement doesn't work out the SU is willing to look for a solution, including letting the country go it's own way again.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6207 (isolation #518) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@Ani, We can create the Suvonian-Gurinland Union? Or the MafiaScum Union. Or just the Union.

@BB, if all the countries join together in a Union we can 'unanimously' decide that God doesn't exist.

@Plague, The words of Robotnick are not necessarily true. Fascist is a combination of several variables, you only be more or less fascist to a certain point after that you are just 'non-fascist'. You cound say the opposite is Communist (extreme right-extreme left) with which the closest would be Arnor. Or Anarchy (extreme authority-extreme freedom) which would be Ethernia.

@plague2, Yes, yes I do. Ftr, this is not bolded and thus is not eligible for any in-game actions :wink: .

@Chesskid, it is the only country that is described as fascist in the OP.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6211 (isolation #519) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@kiwi, It's the better alternative to destroying everything?

@Ani, They should choose. I think the SU or Fallen Angels are the most logical choices to join due to position and political situation.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6220 (isolation #520) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6216, T-Bone wrote:I think Blackberry is the most fascist now.

How so?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6226 (isolation #521) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:12 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6224, Mist7676 wrote:No give the countey to the theplauge my imaginary friend...

You're in a mental institution you know... Saying things like that isn't going to help getting out.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6241 (isolation #522) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Don't those 20 nukes just end the game? Then again if izak uses the 'special' page 300 I sent him the game can continue...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6244 (isolation #523) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:44 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I think everyone is waiting for the game to be restored, plus the last thing you said was that there were more updates coming after the nuke update.

If you really want it:
Implement the results of the radiation countermeasure project.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6251 (isolation #524) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Aren't you dead?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6257 (isolation #525) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:54 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'd think any people with an ounce of brain would depose a ruler that brought his nation to ruin out of boredom... Then again, the rest of the government went through with it even after Robotnick died, never spending anything on education is good for something I guess :P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6262 (isolation #526) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6258, izakthegoomba wrote:
Robotnick2, Nuke-wielding Mass Murderer, was blown up Day 316

FTFY
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6264 (isolation #527) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

He was doing it on purpose to commit suicide by NOTCHESSKID, so he did achieve exactly what he was planning to do...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6266 (isolation #528) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

He was planning to siteflake iirc.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6269 (isolation #529) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6267, JDGA wrote:
£10B into MASA

Because I'm bored and I'd love to make MASA really awesome fairly soon.
MAFIACYDONIA OR BUST!

FTFY
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6271 (isolation #530) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Is February 7th okay?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6273 (isolation #531) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6281 (isolation #532) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Why is it the dead or /out people that want the game to end?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6283 (isolation #533) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

You just don't care...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6285 (isolation #534) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:18 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Getting your own country annihilated is everything but graceful. You made a Chesstopian Alpha Strike fall under the category 'appropriate force'... Or 'not enough force' if that's even possible.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6317 (isolation #535) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

@Izak,
Forgot this?
I asked you a few times if you wanted me to end the game for you and you said that it could continue...

In any case, now everyone wants to know what would have happened and
you've
I've got to write the update anyway...
Hopefully

Chesskid, the guy that oversaw your nuking was
your
Minister of Intelligence, that's how awesome my spies were. You (and Robotnick, JDGA, others with nukes) could have auto-lossed a few people too if you had wanted to. I pretty much auto-lossed Robotnick in your name with your country.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6320 (isolation #536) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

On the other hand, that was the entire purpose, I spent about 1-9B (For those that had access to my 'real' budget spending, it was consistently 2/3rd of the official espionage expenditure), growing with my income, a turn since the start of the game to do that to you. I calculated it a few months back and it was already >200B + years of in game time on that single project, just to kill you. I also wouldn't have been able to pull it off like that without already having been in control of your country before.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6327 (isolation #537) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

@JDGA, i was planning to 'Execute Order 66' as soon as the nuclear fusion project was finished, which would have pretty much been a requirement for that colony of yours. Alternatively I was planning to do it when I controlled ~1/2 of the countries (I already had Arnor, Kiwani, Astariel, Mistotopia, Chesstopia and Caledonia (and Calamity Isles+Ethernia sort of, because plague and I were allies) I was also busy strongarming N and the Alterean Republic into it, which would have made it 10/18.) Alternatively to that I would have done it on May 1st (the game started May 2nd last year). OR IF IZAK SAID HE'D END THE GAME IN X TIME IF NOTHING DRASTIC HAPPENED. :mad:

@izak and I was already working on the update too. I was going to be the Dark Lord of MafiaScum (with Lady Chesskidette as my loyal apprentice and plague as my trusted luitenant).

Ftr, I wrote both Chesskid's and T-Bone's death updates and some other miscellanious ones besides (mostly speeches by my controlled 'NPC' countries).
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6331 (isolation #538) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I know, he just completely failed at doing so, I was facepalming all the way when I saw the things he did.

Out of interest, was there a single person that didn't facepalm when he 'revealed Drench's corruption'? (I was planning to take full advantage though and was mostly waiting on izak to update my response to that situation)
Robotnick2 wrote:Bloody hell.
You really had this thought out, huh?
What part of, 'I started this since the beginning of the game' didn't make that clear.

chesskid3 wrote:we own inspire really fast in the sequel :)

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for
you meddlesome kids
@/&*# izak.

Didn't anyone find it suspicious that Notch didn't immediately bomb Caledionia into nothing but started a bullshit intimidation campaign? I was sure someone would at least comment on that...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6333 (isolation #539) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I didn't see a way to stay in-character while getting done what I wanted. I just bet on people expecting that if it really were an NPC nation you, as mod, wouldn't have allowed it to actually destroy a country and therefore made Notch ooc.

The whole concept 'everybody dies' update is now 1042 words (I added a changed death for JDGA and included what I was planning to happen to N and AR before the update as a short summary). I didn't even have to change plague's one even knowing that he was secretly working against me.

Btw, I'm not exactly sure what plague was doing in Deimoska, but the (official) plan between us was for him to eventually take control of it from Chesstopia, so it might even have been part of that, not actually an attempt to screw me over. I wasn't planning to actually have him keep controlling it if we ever came to blows anyway, so it was probably prudent for him to do so.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6335 (isolation #540) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I thought the plan was you getting control of Deimoska (we shelved the 'you take control of Chesstopia' one when I managed to instantly get total control myself iirc)? I was planning to keep you alive/in a position of power even in the 'everybody dies' endgame... As long as you didn't do anything against me that is.

In any case, when have I ever needed a conventional army to get something done? I think I used 21,000 soldiers through the entire game.

I didn't want to mention it then for diplomatic reasons, but I was literally facepalming when you put out the 'Drench is corrupt' message, him overreacting was the only thing that made it salvageable.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6337 (isolation #541) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Nope, I'd assume it is because all the security was set up before I got to infiltrating everything. I worked with a system of using mostly sleeper agents, which makes for almost uncatchable agents but only getting the info on existing projects by getting very high up the totem pole mostly on their own merit. (That was how I found out about T-Bone, one of my spies eventually got promoted to a position high enough in intelligence where he could freely access all files).
Also, the security on nuclear projects in this game was ridiculous, realisticly I might have gotten away with my program in secret because I got all the info I needed from plague and only built a single nuke with a small (secure) team (besides having an enormous espionage/counter-intelligence budget), anyone else running a real program should have been just about public information imo.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6341 (isolation #542) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Too large? Operators that didn't feel like killing their own people? Btw, I did lose ~1/2 my population and ~2/3 of my income, they just both happened to be about four times as high as any other player to start with.

Also CHESSKID.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6343 (isolation #543) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:25 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

The SU is four times as large as anything else you've hit, several of the 'minor cities' that were spared were probably close to the size of other countries' major cities. A lot of the industry is also based on 'mining' which is generally out of town.

Edit: Another possibility, izak knew what I'd do if my country was wrecked beyond repair and didn't want the game to end just yet :P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6354 (isolation #544) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6347, Mist7676 wrote:Lol I was gonna come here and post
Bomb The Sh*T out of the planet
but I see Chess has already done that :S

I was going to
Execute Order 66
, possibly right after izak updated (if the update would immediately have gone the way I wanted), but then I saw that the game was over...
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6356 (isolation #545) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:15 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

What did the original Order 66 do? My whole point was to capture the planet with the least amount of damage possible. (The nuke in Chesstopia was (almost) completely meant as petty revenge and even then it did less actual damage than the attack it was a retaliation on.)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6362 (isolation #546) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Btw, who was Dark Moon?

Also /Pre-in P:MS2
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6368 (isolation #547) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:33 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Chesskid, let's be allies, you destroy everything and I'll rebuild it in our image.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6373 (isolation #548) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:41 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Sent: Mon 23 May, 2011 7:10 pm
To: izakthegoomba

Project Mafia:
A small percentage of newborn children is to be secretly brought to a training centre (the parents are told the child was born dead/died shortly after birth). They will be indoctrinated for loyalty and espionage/assassination skills, then sent to the other countries in the world with fake identities at a young age. The children are to be sleeper-agents and infiltrate government instances at the highest level.

Special operations:
Operation Dayvig: If I post in thread or in a PM "Dayvig: Playername" one of my sleeper-agents activates and assassinates that player. Then spies in that government will attempt to take over in a diplomatic manner (Married into royal family in monarchies, having a majority among parliament through the different parties in democracies or by succession/coup in dictatorships.

Operation 66: If I announce in thread "execute order 66" sleeper-agents will activate in all countries and assassinate the entire leadership structure (political and military) and take over what is left of the country.

Endgame:
Then in the name of that country request the Mod to post in thread: Death scenes for all players ("honorific" PlayerName, Leader of CountryName has been assassinated week N) and Emperor inspiratieloos, Dark Lord of MafiaScum Wins

I expanded on the endgame a little bit :roll:
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6377 (isolation #549) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

How much did you actually spend?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6380 (isolation #550) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6378, CSL wrote:FTR: Tragedy fled her ruined country and operated from mine after that huge attack, so that post is fake.

Doesn't really matter, she site-flaked. Had the game continued she would have been deposed after a vote of no-confidence for her lack of response to the Chesstopian threat (at least that was the plan). The whole Alterean Republic election thing was also something that was still supposed to happen and to already have happened before Order 66.

@T-Bone, better question, what did you do exactly? Single large spending, spending low/high amounts over a long time. Gave a specific purpose?

SOP Spies:
The main priority is to not get caught<- probably the reason I missed some things despite massive espionage effort
Attempt to obtain high functions in politics, the armies and centres of learning
If possible without detection: Pass on information on research in these countries (especially concerning extraction of chemicals)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6385 (isolation #551) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Because I was planning to have you and JDGA survive (you were the guys that I liked most of the other players), but decided to change it to kill JDGA after he told us about the leave-the-planet-then-nuke-it plan.

@JDGA, Yeah, you died because it was convenient as an intro to the big assassination plot :lol:

This is also why plague got the Deimoska region, Calamity Isles itself would be too small to be a superpower on it's own and I wanted a player from each 'power' In the original plan JDGA would have had a similar role to Ani, CI/Deimoska didn't need an NPC because plague was my ally and Chesskidette was there to
mock Chesskid
make Chesskid also win by proxy.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6390 (isolation #552) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

No one saw my endgame coming did they?

I didn't know what you were planning specifically, I had the idea that half the players were just plodding along without much of an idea of what to do long term. I was assuming that if some other player's plan was close to happening my spies would inform me allowing me to respond appropriately (knife in the back).

Btw, did anyone besides me write their own updates?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6392 (isolation #553) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Depending on whether I'd have known beforehand, either you'd be killed before you could order the launch or I'd have Executed Order 66 in response and depending on the state of the planet, win or play on as one of my controlled countries either officially or behind the scenes depending on my fancy.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6394 (isolation #554) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

You'd have been a puppet ruler without access to any nuke launch codes.

Had that happened I'd probably have recommended you for the title
Puppet
or something (considering Covert War). :P
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6396 (isolation #555) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

My open questions:
Didn't anyone find it suspicious that Notch didn't immedeately bomb Caledonia, but started giving bullshit speeches?
@T-Bone How much did you actually spend? (on espionage)
Did anyone besides me write their own updates?
What was everyone's endgame plan? I had Order 66, JDGA nuclear wasteland, plague conquest (I think), chesskid mass destruction/intimidation, Robotnick nuclear wasteland.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6399 (isolation #556) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 6398, theplague42 wrote:
In post 6396, inspiratieloos wrote:plague conques

Specifically of the economic persuasion. Cut off oil, chemicals and minerals, run all other countries dry, etc etc. Then take over everything.

FTFY

I considered doing that too, but only in the case that I were attacked (assuming our alliance was still standing at that point).

Return to “Social Game Archive”