Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

vote: kanyeknowsbest
because Kanye does NOT know best.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

On a more serious note, it seems like if town want to win this, we really need the D1 lynch to be right. From the way the role PM reads, if we kill scum D1, we only need to identify one more to win. Lynch town, and we need to find both remaining scum. We have one week, I suggest we use it as best we can.

By lynching kanyeknowsbest. Obvscum.

Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Actually, if we lynch town, we still end up in a 4:2 endgame. In both instances, we would have a mislynch allowed, in the second we would be allowed 2. No NKs. At lease it seems I did read the role PM, eh?

Nice wagon though, shame it has no wheels. I'm town, you should be voting for kanyeknowsbest. I trust you'll rectify that.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oh, snore. Townies, take note of this when I flip town if you take me to lynch. Not sure about NS, but I'd say it puts a big scumtarget on Korts.

Depending on what happens N1, of course.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Korts, the "scum having to kill their own" was mentioned in the freaking sign-up thread. Your logic is just atrocious and your wagon is worse. I almost want to policy vote you for being stupid but policy voting is not conducive to good mafia. If you're basing your scum read on me on that, though, you're misguided at best, and deliberately trying to confuse the town at worst. Either way, quit it.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

@iamausername - because then people would accuse me of OMGUS.

Also, kanyeknowsbest is obvscum. Pay attention.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Christ, the scum killing their own thing is in the first post in this thread as well. Korts, get your vote off me right now. If you can't read you don't deserve it.

Also, Nuwen, your vote count is broken. You have Korts voting twice and no vote for I think Metabot.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 23, Nuwen wrote:
In post 22, Fat_Tony wrote:

Also, Nuwen, your vote count is broken. You have Korts voting twice and no vote for I think Metabot.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS, LIKE SECRET DOUBLE-VOTERS IN AN OPEN SETUP.

Always glad to be of service. =D

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:29 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

If you read what I said initially, iamausername, I said that if I got pushed to lunch it would paint a big scumtarget on Korts.

It now appears that he's voting me because he didn't read the signup thread or the post above about mechanics, and I'm beginning to wonder whether he's just misguided town.

I'm not worried about looking bad, I've just seen enough people saying "OMGUS vote, he must be scum" in the past to not wish to jump to a conclusion and invite that fresh hell upon myself.

Metabot - don't worry about early random votes. First page or two tends to be random voting until a wagon forms, I wouldn't take Korts' obvious joke vote as anything.

However, iamausername has now hopped onto two potential wagons - yours in the random voting stage, and now mine. Since I'm L-2, I think it's reasonable to surmise that we are out of RVS, and this sort of behaviour just looks scummy to me.

Unvote

Vote: iamausername

Also, Metabot, I don't think it's scum sided particularly. Either way we enter D2 at 4:2. The only difference is if we lynch right today, we only have to hit one of the remaining scum, not both. If a townie picks a player at random, they've a 3/7 chance of hitting scum straight off. Those aren't the worst odds ever.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 30, iamausername wrote:Also

In post 19, Fat_Tony wrote:If you're basing your scum read on me on that, though, you're misguided at best, and deliberately trying to confuse the town at worst. Either way, quit it.

= "you caught me for the wrong reason"

Nice try, but no. Sorry, I'm town.

Also, Kanye, he's not playing dumb, he's just dumb. IMO.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 31, Metabot wrote:yeah i guss i understand

also guys, i'm really derpy so if you see a me scumslip then my bad dont take it seriously. like sometimes as cop i fos my clears and things like that so im sorry but yeah.

Seriously, you're gonna say "if I give a scumtell, please ignore me... Thx"?

Don't worry about you, find scum. Start by voting someone. Hell, vote me. Maybe we will lure a stupid scum into hammering me.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I should rephrase. Korts isn't playing dumb, he's just doing dumb things. He may or may not actually be dumb. I shouldn't assume.

If I had to guess who was scum right now, I would go iamausername, then Metabot, then everyone else. I think Korts is just overenthusiastic town, and nobody else has given me anything to work on yet.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oops! My mistake, I thought someone else voted him first. Hey, now I'm doing dumb things! Ok, I rescind that remark due to it obviously being bollocks.

Vote stands though, I think you're scum, I think you saw opportunity to pick at holes in my play (I'm pretty new to Mafia) and portray them as scummy, rather than just being iffy town play on my part, which is the true situation.

Until someone else gives me a better reason to vote them, my vote stays on you. I hope others will join me.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Unofficial vote count:

Fat_Tony (3) - iamausername, Korts, Nobody Special
iamausername (1) - Fat_Tony
Korts (1) - kanyeknowsbest

Not Voting - Metabot, destructor, vijay2vinsandani

-----------

Metabot, why aren't you voting? Who do you think is scum? Why?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Hold on, Metabot is voting. He's voting Metabot.

Ugh. I should sleep, apparently. Gah.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I don't think Korts is scum either, iamausername is trying to read more into what I said than was there. I think iamausername is scum, and I'm leaning overenthusiastic town on Korts. I don't think Korts is wagoning, I'm 99% certain iamausername is trying to speedwagon.

I don't think Korts' enquiry was valid in the sense of it having any intelligent basis. I didn't mean to imply the scum-killing-their-own was in my role PM, that was a misunderstanding on Korts' part - I assumed people had read the signup thread and Game Mechanics post to have that info. Again, iamausername is just playing opportunism.

Metabot needs to unvote himself. Voting for yourself is never protown and never productive.

kanyeknowsbest, what do you think of iamausername? Scum? Town?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Hooray, Kanye has some sense.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 47, Metabot wrote:i think fat is scum cause he seems to be takling a lot but scumhunting little.

like, look at his lat 6 posts only useful said is "okay i guess i'm scummy. hi metabot why don't u do stuff? and lots of random fluff"
isnt putting alot of fluff/information but no analyses a scumtell?

can we hammer/lcnh toiny now?
VOTE: Fat_Tony

No analysis? What is there to analyse? There is a bogus case against me and not much else.

Where's your analysis? What good do you think voting yourself was doing?

I admit I've been posting A LOT, but I'm a little excited, it is my first game of mafia in a long while - you can check my posting record to see that that's true.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Korts, thankyou for your clarification in 46.

I think I can now see where the confusion lies. When I alluded to my role PM in 6, it was because up until that point I didn't realise that if we killed scum N1, we would only have to kill one more to win the game. You then referred to me getting the "scum killing their own" from my role PM - this isn't the case; that was prior knowledge from the signup thread. I must have missed the endgame mechanic in the signup thread, for this I can only hold my hands up and say "mea culpa". It seems to have led to me being at cross-purposes with you - I seem to be addressing the wrong concern in 19 and 22, which I would say has done me more harm than good, don't you agree? Of course, you did contribute to me taking that path in 16, but I think we were already at cross-purposes at that point.

My vote on iamausername is not OMGUS. Scum already know the alignments of each player in the game (as well you know), and so iamausername-scum would know I'm town. I freely admit I've made some misjudgments so far, but I'm relatively new (again, check my sig and posting history for any confirmation you might need on that front), and for someone with more experience it seems perfectly plausible for a knolwedgeable scum to pick apart these flaws and present them as scumtells. Of course, I have the advantage over other VTs in making this judgment in knowing that I am town, but I appreciate that doesn't constitute a defence. Equally, when I've said that in the past, it's not been for defence purposes, just for information. But anyway, I digress. iamausername's play feels scummy to me, and my vote stands. If you want to call it OMGUS, go ahead, but I don't agree.

Anybody else feel somewhat uneasy that Metabot is pushing for a quickhammer in this format? He's already behaved in an antitown way by voting for himself (NEVER protown), and I can't be the only one in disbelief at his 31 "oh btw guys, if I scumslip it's not cos I'm scum LOL so pls ignore me kthx". Getting the defence in pre-emptively?

Anyway, you should be listening to kanyeknowsbest in 50. Quicklynching here would be a disaster for town. Nobody Special has only posted once (to vote me), and two other players have yet to say a word, and yet Metabot is pushing me to L-1 and asking for a quick hammer?

Again, please note the pattern of how this is evolving on me. If I die, I'll flip town. I'm about ready to clear Korts for now - I think his case on me is based on flawed stuff, but flawed because we got at cross-purposes early on, rather than being wilful. Nobody Special hasn't actually presented a case yet, so I can't judge beyond lurky lurker is lurking. I've said what I want to say about iamausername, and Metabot's play is becoming more of a concern all the time. I don't think scum would risk having all three of their number on my wagon already; kanyeknowsbest is right that they may keep someone back to hammer, then kill that guy.

Let's bear in mind, too, that for the next 24+ hours, mafia can still chat in their QT, it is imperative that we don't push our way to lynch while they are still able to direct traffic in an active, and private manner.

If I had to guess a scumteam right now, I would go for iamausername, Metabot, and A.Lurker. I would really like to see some content from the lurkers, and I would really like someone to unvote as having me (or anyone else) at L-1 within 24 hours is fucking ridiculously dangerous.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Quick request for Metabot outside of Mafia game context - I was just reading about in a different game and noted you were in it. I also noted you made a lot more sense linguistically in that game. I'd appreciate it if you could apply the levels of spelling, grammar,punctuation that you use in that game to this one, as I'm finding your posts really f'ing difficult to read. It's clear that you know how to write properly, so it'd be great if you could do that here too.

That said, it's up to you, of course - I don't want to be a dick about it. Won't mention it again.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Korts, I'd like to know your opinion on Metabot putting me to L-1.

Also, thankyou for the unvote.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Of course, I didn't mean NOWNOWNOW, it was just a statement of what I'd like to see. All in good time, mon ami.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Naughty Gizmo from Pismo.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

You call it appealing to emotion, I call it stating a fact. I guess I've never been one to use one word where fifteen would do, so if I were me (and what do you know, I am), I'd probably put it down to me just liking to "talk".

My question re: Metabot wasn't intended to be leading. It was a genuine enquiry. I appreciate he's fairly new, which is why I'm reserving judgement on him until I've enough concrete evidence to work from.

I already have found scum. Its name is iamausername. Again, I was speculating largely as a result of my inability to keep quiet when there are words that could be said (see my postcount ITT for evidence).

Question for everyone: I seem to be the top scumread of every active player so far (fun times). If we hypothetically assume I am town, who becomes your top scumread?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:53 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Played in, but only completed 2. I believe my first 4 I was in and out of like the proverbial back in 2008. But still.

Iamausername - I was trying to convey that your play towards me made a damn sight more sense to me through the lens of "iamscum" than "iamtown". Not ruling out the possibility of being wrong, but right now, you're my prime suspect, and until you do something to make me think otherwise, my vote will stay on you. And no, unvoting me wouldn't do that, not that you would anyway. I'm fine with being the lynch today insofar as it might as well be me as any other townie, but lynching me will be -EV for town. I promise.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:03 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Welcome, Katsuki.

I suppose the real question now is: who knows best, Katsuki, or Kanye? :)

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Vijay has been active in other games, but apparently is v/la for the next three days. Nice of him to let us/Nuwen know.

Actual stuff later, just checking in.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

He also JUST posted in 387.
Mod - I'm going to request his replacement in this game. If he's V/LA for 3 days, he's no use to town in a 1-week deadline, and he hasn't posted in 2 days while supposedly active.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Kanye: I guess it's because he is tunnelling so hard on me and given the only player's alignment that I know is mine, I think I have been logicking badly.
Unvote

I still feel he's scummy, and it probably is OMGUS, but I appreciate I shouldn't be voting based on such a thin case now we are long gone from RVS, so I'll step back.

Katsuki - I presume you were trying to draw agreement to trap someone with your initial question re:daychat? If not, it was pretty absurd.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Interested to hear Katsuki's take on this.

Korts, do you think Katsuki was being serious with that suggestion?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 95, Metabot wrote:And basically, Iam and Tony need to start staring into each other's eyes.

Apologies for being slow, but I don't understand what you're meaning by this statement. Could you perhaps rephrase it in such a way that simpletons like myself can understand? :)

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I think Korts was saying that you thought iamausername and I were scum buds. Which would be some heavy-ass bussing. Haha.

Thanks for the clarification, though, point noted and agreed with.

Consistent nonentity posts from NS are disturbing. Consistent absence from vijay also disturbing.
Mod - has he been prodded? Please note my wish for him to be excised from the game for non-participation.

In the meantime I'm comfortable voting for him as my vote might as well do something and this kind of power lurking is anti town.

VOTE: vijay

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 103, katsukiknowsbest wrote:@Tony: Do you have any recently completed games available?

Sadly not. Last time I was active on the site was early 2010. I have two completed games from that period, I can't remember the names off the top of my head and am posting from phone at the mo so I'll grab them in a few minutes and post them.

kanyeknowsbest wrote:kats please explain the korts angle to me, idgi.

Seconded SO hard.

kanyeknowsbest wrote:oh yeah. i was gonna write a post about tony and forgot about him when i was thinking about everyone else.

im pretty worried at how quickly he went from iamausername is scum! to backing off of him due to my prodding. hes now safely jumped onto the player who hasnt posted at all (not that scummy on its own, but it feels like hes using it as an escape.) his reactions to the early pressure were not good and korts raised some valid points about his emotional tactics and i agree greatly with iamausernames original point on him (re: he didnt want to appear to be omgusing)

I still lean iamausernamescum. I just realise my case on him is pretty thin and probably not deserving of a vote, but I'm still leaning scum. I just can't see a town motivation for vijay to be lurking so hard right now, especially when he has been semi-active at least in the other game I'm active in, despite announcing V/LA. I'd prefer him to be replaced, but if the Mod has a reason not to do that then I have to read his behaviour as being scummy and I'm happy to back it with a vote.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Katsuki- I completed Mafia 913 - survived til end as VT in a perfect scum win. Also was NKd N2 in Newbie 903 as Cop. That game is actually a pretty fun read through. The surprise when I get NKd is hilolrious.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Katsuki - sorry! Meat world stuff kind of wrecked me and I disappeared pretty abruptly.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Mod - vote count if you please? Also replace vijay?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:14 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 122, vijay2vasandani wrote:Okay, so I'm not really liking Fat_Tony atm. So after that quick readthrough, I find it weird how he finds Korts to be likely scum, yet refuses to vote him because he will be called out for OMGUS. This looks like attention-fearing scum. Then when the wagon doesn't gain any steam, his next two or so posts have Korts as enthusiastic town.

His post regarding Metabot's hammer seems a little over the top. Personally I thought that it was a reaction test more than anything, and his reaction seemed a little scared for lack of a better word. Then he proceeds to jump on the easy bandwagon. All in all a good place for my vote imo.

VOTE: Fat_Tony

sorry again Nuwen, I didn't know the game started already. Was being careless. Sorry to you guys as well.

If I fear attention, why am I posting so much?

Metabot didn't hammer, he put me to L-1

If there was fear in my reaction it was for the fate of town if we were going to speedlynch someone when only 5/8 of the game were active, and 1/4 of it (incl. you) hadn't posted at all.

You didn't realise the game had started, but you'd picked up your role pm? I don't buy it.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:57 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

If scum had quickhammered me, then the scumteam would just have killed the hammerer, surely? Losing a townie D1 seriously IS all bad in this format. I'm very comfortable with my vote and actions.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I'm gonna just say it - I like Korts.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I don't care. 128 is a very good post.

Phone-posting, but will check in the morning how many votes NS has made compared to how many (non-total-fluff) posts he's made. Such vote hopping tickles my scumdar delightfully.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

9 posts, 6 changes of vote, no noticeable input.

VOTE: Nobody Special

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 142, Korts wrote:At this point I'm against the Tony wagon--
he comes across as someone who just doesn't know how to argue
or scumhunt

:(

But yeah, you're probably on the money there.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oh, fuck. Got that one wrong. Seriously though, how hard was NS trying to get lynched?

Well, I can see why Korts is under suspicion, i still think iamausername is scum, and I can't work out which of kanye and katsuki is scum, but I have this sneaky feeling one of them is. For now, though, happy to pressure Korts.

Expect me to post less prolifically for a while, meatworld stuff is getting a bit frantic at the moment.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 172, iamausername wrote:
In post 171, Fat_Tony wrote:I can't work out which of kanye and katsuki is scum, but I have this sneaky feeling one of them is.

If kanye was scum, he'd have hammered when you were at L-1.

This is a bit simplistic don't you think? And it introduces all sorts of WIFOM nonsense into the equation. Key point - even scum can act town to gain townie points.

Seriously guys, we need to put some thought into iamausername-scum here. I'm going to do an ISO read when I have more time. For now, a
FoS: iamausername
will be made, PURELY as a reminder to actually do this thing.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 183, katsukiknowsbest wrote:Kanye is town.

Well that puts my mind at ease.

Proper post tonight.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #45) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 176, katsukiknowsbest wrote:Tony, your read on metabot?

I'm struggling to read metabot. Did an ISO read and he came off null. I found his early gambit of acting nooby a bit iffy, and since then he doesn't seem to have actually said very much, while being fairly active. That said, I am a fine one to talk about typing a lot for the amount of sense I make, so...

So yeah, Metabot is pretty null, no strong read either way on him.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #46) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 152, Korts wrote:
In post 150, Nobody Special wrote:And YOU need to contribute.

Seriously?

VOTE: Nobody Special

L-1, people.

Flashing the bat-signal to scumbuddies?

I'm still not sold 100% on Korts-scum, but doing ISO reads and this stood out.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:44 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 173, katsukiknowsbest wrote:
Unvote

In post 172, iamausername wrote:
In post 171, Fat_Tony wrote:I can't work out which of kanye and katsuki is scum, but I have this sneaky feeling one of them is.

If kanye was scum, he'd have hammered when you were at L-1. The only way he's scum is if you are too.

VOTE: Korts

Process of elimination. I just can't see a plausible pairing that doesn't include him.

Fill me in on this.

Have you any strong feelings re: iamausername's explanation of this?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #48) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Full (well, the relevant bits) ISO of iamausername:

ISO 4 (#30) - World-class (and inaccurate) conclusion-jumping.
ISO 9 (#70) - Town points, but easy ones.
ISO 10 (#91) - "Korts looks town"
ISO 15 (#172) - Korts is scum now. Although I suppose 80 posts is enough time to change your mind. However, not a fan at all of the WIFOM re Kanye.
ISO 16 (#177) - I actually quite like this post. It's thought out well, for the situation where we assume iam-town.
ISO 17 (#179) - I do, personally.

Hmm. Like I say, scum can act town to gain townie points. i agree that korts/kats and korts/meta make sense. I could also see iam/kanye (defending) and iam/korts (distancing) as possibilities. But the fact that Korts is in 3 potential pairings is a mark of concern. I'm not willing to put him to L-1, it's too dangerous when we only have one mislynch. But I'm beginning to see the point again. I need to properly ISO Korts next I think.

Pre-edit: See above. But less of the "Better yet" - you asked the question, and then ignored the answer. Please explain where you stand on this.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 190, katsukiknowsbest wrote:For one, I never asked a question, I was curious as to what his case would be. Secondly, if IAUN is/was such a strong suspect of yours, why do you care so much of what I think of it?

Yeah, arguing semantics definitely means you don't have to express an opinion on information you were looking for, even if you phrased it as a demand rather than a question.

In response to your question to me, I care because I'm trying to gauge what you think about it, to see how it correlates to what I think of it and to try to build reads based on that. As it is, your refusal to do this gives me tons to work from anyway, but I'd still like to know what you think of it. Don't see what you were trying to prove by answering my question by asking the same one back to me.

In post 190, katsukiknowsbest wrote:

Anyways I'm ready to move on here.

I'm not, please declare your reaction to iamausername's post.

Vote: Tony

His opening post of the day was bad. No indication of any willingness to pressure his presumed "top scum read" in IAUN, but rather to hop onto the Korts-scum camp.

I didn't hop onto any camp. I said that I could understand the concern, and was happy to apply pressure to elicit further information to try and judge whether the concern was WARRANTED or not. And I do apologise for not indicating my levels of willingness to pressure each player in each post. I'll try to post to your expectations in future. Or maybe I won't, because you're being ridiculous.

The rest just involves looking at his progression of reads today.

Excuse me for trying to develop my reads on people and find scum.

Very certain of this and really something that should've been done D1.

Certainty is an absolute, you can't be very certain any more than you can be slightly certain. I can argue facetious and irrelevant points too!

p.s. #184 is a curious post.

So was #183. I was simply making the point that you saying "Player X is town" is far from being sufficient to convince me (and I hope, others) of Player X's alignment, especially when it's backed up with no case.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 191, katsukiknowsbest wrote:Also think that scum lies within IAUN and korts.

Can't disagree with this.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Where in D2 have I called IAUN my strongest scum read Katsuki? You're the one calling him that, not me. You're trying to straw man a case against me by misrepping my posts.

My "understanding the suspicion around Korts" was recognising the fact that he put NS in position to be hammered by scum.

I did an ISO an IAUN to try and evaluate whether my scum read on him was accurate or not. Your charge of not pursuing him is probably false.

Considering the way you're wilfully misrepresenting what I've posted, I am going to VOTE: Katsuki. One of Korts and IAUN is his buddy. Of the two, I'd guess Korts, but I'm nowhere near sure.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Never claimed I didn't think he was scum. You keep saying I've called him my strongest scum read. I did, early in D1, but haven't said anything of the sort in D2. You're fabricating stuff and not even doing well, and deliberately missing my poit and evading the simple questions I've asked you.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

If you want to infer meaning that isn't there I guess I can't stop you. You're wrong, though.

Please give your reaction to what IAUN gave as his response to your demand for elaboration?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #54) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

EBWOP: ? Should be .

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #55) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 206, kanyeknowsbest wrote:just want to quote the entire last page and say how hes arguing with kats like he knows kats is town but votes him anyways

How do I know kats is town? I clearly don't think that or I wouldn't be voting him. Although I appreciate that requires knowing that I'm town-aligned, which you don't and I do.

Anyway... I like metabots catchup, and have nothing more to add. It is a drag always being incorrectly suspected, it makes the game unfun. But I guess that's the fault of my play style rather than anything else.

Also, scum, if you're going to lynch me, do me a favour and get it over with quickly and put me out of my fucking misery?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #56) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

@IAUN - I referred to having the feeling that one or other of kanye or Katsuki was town. Maybe that's what Metabot was referring to.

@kanye - I don't much care if Katsuki unvotes. I'm more interested in no more townies voting me because a mislynching would be terrible.

VOTE: Korts based on that last post. The lynching of a townie D1 absolutely hurts town. Yes the setup is the same, but the wincon changes. It is absolutely harder to find two scum in three goes than one scum in two. I feel like you're intentionally trying to muddy the water, and IIRC (I haven't checked) you said something siimilar D1. It's bull and I've seen enough.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #57) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Indeed, the VC is wrong. I'm at L-1. Here, scummy scummy.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #58) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

If I end up dying by seniority, at least you'll know where to look for scum. I realise that there will inevitably be some OMGUS in this but I firmly believe both scum are on my wagon. So, seriously, don't worry too much about getting anybody off my wagon, while mislynching today isn't good for town, at least this way you'll know where to look D3.

I wouldn't mind someone explaining to me why Kanye is apparently obv town. I just don't see it.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #59) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:28 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? This is obv stalling.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #60) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Except if he's your scum buddy. Not saying he is, just saying that it makes sense.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #61) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 257, Nuwen wrote:You people are so god damn needy

HA!

@IAUN - not gonna switch my vote, I'm done vote hopping. If kanye and Katsuki want a mislynch, they can do it if they want. Although your plan is hilarious.
Mod: who would have seniority of I voted Katsuki and then unvoted? Just curious.

@Korts, sorry about that last post of mine, I was in a shit mood because of this shitty game. I too am largely stuck phone posting so I know where you're coming from with that.

Flaw with Kanye's associative tell: what if vijay was trying to recapture the lunch momentum by refocusing on me and driving me to the gallows? We already know he wasn't paying attention to the game, but out of interest, can someone with a PC please tell me who attention was focused on at that point? Preferably someone who isn't tunnelling me at this point.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Are you doing it because you really think Katsuki is scum? If you do, why do you?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Perhaps he is evaluating the scumminess of someone else due to recent posts and just wants to be safe instead of lyncherising another townie (ie. me).

Sorry if my lack of enthusiasm is irritating people, this game is just so unbearably uneventful.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Nothing changed, I just decided I liked your lynch more based on a couple of posts. Not so sure now though. Hmmm.

People- Katsuki is now at L-1. No excuses.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Not going to hammer katsuki until he's had a chance to defend himself, if I do at all. There's no need, as things stand he'll be lynched at EOD, but I do want him to have a chance to defend himself, because if nothing else, it could help us find his buddy.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #66) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 252, katsukiknowsbest wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 3&sr=posts

Plus tony still not interested in doing ANYTHING.

============[ ]?

What's your point with this post, Katsuki? The fact I've been more active in a game where it's actually been enjoyable and productive rather than shite and tedious?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 277, katsukiknowsbest wrote:Gotta go write a paper now but if I am BY SOME MIRACLE LYNCHED by LOLPANTSONHEAD, I FULLY EXPECT A KORTS THEN IAUN LYNCH, IN THAT ORDER.

This is without a doubt my favourite post on this forum ever.

LOLPANTSONHEAD.

I'm almost tempted to unvote Korts to prolong the first bit of interesting stuff this game has had.

Scum pairs now seem pretty clear, will be surprised if town don't win from here. I'm sticking on Korts. I really don't care who dies, even if it's me.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 278, kanyeknowsbest wrote:yeah i can do korts. tbqh i was waiting for this unvote all fuckin week. i wasnt gonna say shit about it until it happened though in the hopes that he would think that bussing tony would actually give him cred. tony/korts, you heard it here.

unvote vote korts

It's a good thing we have a mislynch in hand because if you are assuming kortsscum=tonyscum you're heading for lylo. I'd say "we", but I'll be dead by then.

I dont know what to make of Katsuki's furious reaction. Last time I saw someone react that way they were scum (ongoing game is ongoing) but then, that was a different player, and never having played with Katsuki before I don't feel qualified to judge totally on that basis.

I'm happy to see anyone that isn't Metabot or kanye hang today, I think it's time to come to a consensus. Genuinely, if you think stringing me up to find my alignment will give you useful info I'm happy to go to the gallows, but I'd really rather not waste our mislynch like that. I say it's Korts or Katsuki today.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #69) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

I'm not a fan of all this self-meta that Katsuki is chucking around, and kanye saying this stuff about you only means something if he's town. But, kanye is, in all likelihood, town, so I guess I need to try and buy into that.

I've been saying Korts/IAUN scum to greater or lesser extents throughout this sumbitch, so it's good to see others catching on. The question is, which lynch tells us more. It's a shame this is all happening so late in the day.

I have Metabot marked as really town. However, there's usually one "conftown" in my mind that winds up being scum and I could see an IAUN/Meta team. Not so much Korts/Meta.

I'll check the most recent VC and post to decide who
I want dead. I hope you lot follow me, because Katsuki shouldn't die today.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #70) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

I just re-noticed Korts trying to poke me into hammering Katsuki. Page 11, it's there clear as day. Korts is scum, he needs to die NOW. We need someone on the Katswagon to come across as even if kanye and Katsuki join me on Korts, kats has seniority. Metabot, who I presume is the misguided townie on the wagon, please switch.

My vote remains on Korts.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Was about to ask you why your vote was on me then kats, and noticed it kind of wasn't.

Seriously, Metabot, UNVOTE. Do it NOW.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #72) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:18 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Hmm.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #73) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I tried, Kats.

Town - Korts dies tomorrow. Accept nothing else.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #74) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

If I could place my d3 vote now I would.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

VOTE: Korts

Katsuki shall have the dying wish.

Return to “Completed Open Games”